Stay warm and cozy during winter nights with our list of the best Sherpa blankets. Its touch and softness are similar to shearling, and therefore it is called faux sheepskin or faux shearling. Sherpa blankets are made of artificial fabrics such as cotton, acrylic, and polyester. They have smooth knit on one side, and the other side has a fleece-like texture similar to a real sheep. These blankets are soft, lightweight, water-resistant, low maintenance, and can keep you warm and comfortable during cold winter months. So, read on to learn more about the features and available options to make an informed decision.
11 Best Sherpa Blankets
1. Best Wrinkle And Stain-Resistant: Bedsure Sherpa Fleece Blanket Throw Size
Bedsure Sherpa Fleece blanket is known for its thick and lush texture that is great for snuggling in. It is made of premium 220 GSM fleece top and 260 GSM Sherpa back, giving you different textures to touch. The generously sized throw blanket measures 50x60in, and it is also available in king, queen, and twin sizes for offering added warmth to standard beds. It comes in 19 different solid colors that feature wrinkle-resistant, stain-resistant, fade-resistant, and quick-drying properties.
- Breathable material
- Soft and fluffy
- Dual side use
- Machine washable
- May seem a bit thin
- May loose a bit of its softness upon washing
2. Best For Toddlers’ Beds: Chanasya Shaggy Longfur Faux Fur Throw Blanket
Get an extremely smooth and fuzzy feeling with this faux long fur Sherpa blanket made of 100% microfiber polyester fabric. It has a classic appearance and gives an elegant touch to your bed, chair, or couch. There are around 22 different colored blankets that can match your decor or accent pieces. Each blanket measures 65x50in and is suitable for toddler beds. It can hold up to several machine washes.
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor use
- Faux fur construction
- Suitable for gifting
- Available in different sizes
- May not stay thick after washing
- Seams may be visible
3. Best Travel-Friendly: Everlasting Comfort Sherpa Fleece Blanket
The Everlasting Comfort Sherpa Fleece Blanket is made from ultra-soft fleece and lined with plush sherpa to keep you warm and comfortable all year round. It’s suitable for snuggling up on the couch or adding an extra layer to your bedding. The blanket measures 50×65 inches and is available in various colors, making it suitable for any room in your home. It offers wide coverage and is suitable for children and pets.
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Soft and comfortable
- Safety-certified materials
- Machine-washable and dryer-safe
- May shed after a few washes
- May not be thick enough for some
4. Best Easy-To-Clean: Everlasting Comfort Faux Fur Throw Blanket
The Everlasting Comfort throw blanket is made of soft, plush faux fur for optimal comfort and warmth. It measures 50×65 inches and is appropriate for snuggling on the couch or adding an extra layer to your bed. The blanket is lightweight and suitable for use indoors and outdoors. Its luxurious dual-sided design can complement your room’s decor, while the high-quality materials ensure it will last for years.
- Comes in various colors
- Suitable for use in any season
- Machine-washable for easy cleaning
- Might shed
- May be thinner than expected
5. Best Fade-Resistant: Nanpiper Throw Blanket Sherpa
Nanpiper plush Sherpa blanket offers warmth and comfort with its fluffy touch. It is made of 100% microfiber polyester and measures 60x80in to fit any standard couch, bed, or sofa. The top flannel fleece and the bottom Sherpa offer two different senses of touch, while knitted edges surround the blanket. It does not fade and is an ideal option for all seasons, including summer and spring too.
- Shrink-resistant fabric
- Ultra plush
- Bright one-side color
- Ideal as a nap blanket
- Stuffing needs to be redistributed after washing
6. Best For Athletes: Lomao Sherpa Fleece Blanket
The Lomao Sherpa is super soft and sturdy for its rung spun yarn technology that creates high-density and super soft fiber. It is durable, lightweight, and offers different senses of touch. One side is the coral fleece Jacquard face, and the other side is the Sherpa fleece. It will, therefore, provide a soft feel and gives you smooth experience and warmth. Measuring 60x80in, it is suitable for any bed, sofa, couch, or car travel.
- Attractive patterns
- Made of 100% microfiber polyester
- Soft and comfortable
- Adds to the aesthetics of your interior
- Recommended to only air dried
- Not iron-friendly
7. Best Wrinkle-Resistant: Pavilia Plush Sherpa Throw Blanket
This solid Sherpa blanket is constructed from high-quality 320 GSM microfiber polyester that is lightweight, soft, supple, and easy to care. It is plush and fluffy that gives you a cozy feel all day long. Measuring 50x60in, it offers plenty of room to wrap around. It is suitable for all seasons, and you can carry it anywhere. The machine-washable blankets are available in 13 vibrant colors that you could mix up with your decor and add style to your living room or bedroom.
- Made from polyester
- Breathable fabric
- May not be suitable for kids
8. Best For Indoor And Outdoor Use: Hyde Lane Electric Sherpa Heated Blanket
Another ideal choice for an electric heated blanket is the Hyde Lane Sherpa blanket, which is known for its therapeutic heat relief property. The steady heat opens up the sore joints and muscles and relaxes them. This is one of the perfect blanket choices for athletes or those who need that extra warmth. There are three different heating levels with a custom LED controller to help you set the heat. The thick micro plush fibers give comfort and softness as you drape the blanket over.
- Made of polyester material
- 100% UL certified
- Auto shut-off after two hours
- Heavy-duty insulated cord
- Cord can be felt through the fabric
- Only suitable for adults
9. Best For All Seasons: Walensee Sherpa Fleece Blanket
Walensee Sherpa double-sided blanket combines flannel fleece face and plush Sherpa back and offers two unique senses for a soft and cozy feel. It is manufactured from the utmost quality 100% microfiber polyester, which has wrinkle-resistant and quick-drying features. The dimensions of 90x90in make it suitable for Queen size beds. You may use it in your living room, bedroom, kids’ room, or even take it for vacation. The fabric will not shed or pill, and the color does not fade even after multiple washes.
- Ideal for chilly weather
- Perfect for an afternoon nap
- Double-sided design
- Available in different sizes and color
- May have a textile-like smell
- Seams may be loosely stitched
With a contemporary look, the LBRO2M Sherpa fleece blanket fits in beautifully with any decor. Constructed from a high-grade fleece top and Sherpa reverse, it provides the ultimate softness and warmth. Its high-density polyester fibers make it hypoallergenic, durable, wrinkle-resistant, shrink-resistant, and suitable for both indoors and outdoors. It is available in multiple colors and in king, queen, and twin bed sizes.
- Elegantly designed
- Color of the blanket may fade over time
- May feel delicate after a few washes
Rose Home Fashion’s throw blanket is soft and comes in multiple patterns. You can add comfort and luxury to your bed or couch with this super-soft microfiber blanket. It is ideal for all seasons and comes in four different sizes to fit king, queen, and twin beds, and to be used as a throw blanket. The excellent threading shows its exquisite quality, and it nicely complements your home decor.
- Strong seams
- Multifunctional purpose
- Looks elegant
- Can be washed in a machine
- Available in different colors
- Sherpa side may seem threadbare
How To Choose The Right Sherpa Blanket?
Some important features you should consider when planning to buy a Sherpa reversible blanket are mentioned here.
- Material: Consider the material used in the construction of a Sherpa blanket, whether it is cotton, wool, or polyester fibers. The type of material determines factors such as comfort, warmth, and durability.
- Size: Prefer the size that would be comfortable for you. If it is just for warming up your feet, you may go for a smaller blanket if you want to snuggle in completely, you need a larger one.
- Warmth: A heavy weighted blanket gives more heat and is ideal for colder seasons. A lightweight fleece blanket is ideal for spring or fall seasons. Think about how warm you want it to be and buy accordingly.
- Color and pattern: A blanket could add to the aesthetics of a room. If you want to compliment your bedroom or decor with a matching color or theme, get a Sherpa blanket that does it.
Why Trust MomJunction?
We know that a soft, lightweight blanket can help you stay warm and cozy during harsh winters. Our list of the best sherpa blankets includes soft, lightweight, durable, and low-maintenance blankets. We scanned several user reviews to pick products that ensure you stay warm without feeling stuffy. Some of these blankets have electric heat technology that’s easy to use and control. Go through each product’s description and how-to-choose section to make an informed decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What’s the difference between a Sherpa blanket and a fleece blanket?
Although Sherpa and fleece blankets are made of synthetic materials, the former is warmer and softer.
2. Is Sherpa a warm blanket?
Since Sherpa is also known as faux-sheepskin, blankets made from the material are ultra cozy and warm as they are made using a blend of cotton and synthetic fabrics like polyester.
3. How do I wash a Sherpa blanket?
Most of the Sherpa blankets are machine-washable in cold water. Hand-washing them can help preserve their softness for longer. Make sure to wash them alone or with other Sherpa-based clothes to avoid the fibers from unraveling.
4. Can Sherpa blankets get wet?
Yes, Sherpa blankets are not generally waterproof. If Sherpa blankets get wet, air-dry them immediately to prevent them from soiling.
Snuggling under a warm blanket in winter is one of the many little joys of life. Thus, bring home the best Sherpa blankets to beat the freezing winter nights and stay warm. When choosing one, ensure it is made of quality materials such as cotton, acrylic, and polyester. You might also want to check if it is easy to maintain and of the required size as per the size of your bed. Also, look for one that comes in vibrant patterns and colors that may interest you. The best ones also come with electric heat technology, and you may invest in one if that interests you.
Infographic: A Quick Guide To Clean Sherpa Blankets
Sherpa blankets can keep you warm in winter chills, but usually, most people are unaware of washing techniques that prevent damage to the blanket. So, consider the infographic below to enhance your Sherpa blanket’s shelf life by following the correct washing method.