No matter how old it is, some shoes and chappals, we don’t feel like throwing them away. However, wearing these to a good occasion, we think twice due to its ripped-off parts. Buying the best shoe glue with great adhesive properties can simply solve this issue.
Not sure which ones are the best ones? Read our list of carefully chosen shoe glues.
Our Top Picks
11 Best Shoe Glues
The shoe repair glue from Boot-Fix is a professional-grade adhesive tube. Strong and flexible, the glue can bond surfaces almost instantly without clamping. It does not expand or become thick on drying, and the bond is unaffected by heat, moisture, or cold. It is formulated to fix all kinds of shoes, including vinyl or rubber footwear. Here’s a review video to help you get a better understanding of the product.
- Can repair up to ten boots
- Sticks shoes within ten to 45 seconds
- Glue is water-resistant
- Can also be used on handbags
- Tube may be tiny
- May be thicker than expected
Glue Masters adhesive is suitable for metal, rubber, glass, leather, and other materials. The versatile adhesive has thin viscosity and is made of industrial-strength resin. It settles within 15 seconds and works almost instantly, binding all kinds of surfaces.
- Extends shelf life of shoes
- Well-balanced thin viscosity
- Can be used for carpentry purposes
- Available in six types
- May be slightly watery
- Not suitable for use in rooms with poor ventilation
If you are looking for an abrasion-resistant shoe fix, Gear Aid’s shoe glue is a good choice. It repairs shoes with Aquaseal SR, a urethane adhesive sealer for hiking boots or running shoes. It creates permanent bonds by drying clear. The glue rebuilds worn-out heels and toe protectors and works on suede, leather, rubber, canvas, neoprene, and Gore-tex shoes and boots.
- Water- and abrasion-resistant
- Does not peel or crack over time
- Can seal leaks in hiking shoes
- Available in three packs to choose from
- Backed by a two-year warranty
- May not be child-friendly
- May be slightly messy
Shoe Goo clear glue is designed to provide strong adhesion and abrasion resistance. It helps repair damaged boots, waders, heels, and shoes by patching holes, soles, and small gaps. The formula is waterproof and long-lasting. Need more information? Watch this video to make an informed decision about the product.
- Pliable glue
- Helps in creating extra traction
- Protects and rebuilds damaged shoes
- Stays flexible in the long run
- Quick and permanent results
- May have a peculiar smell
- May be messy
The all-purpose glue cement is a waterproof adhesive suitable for leather, PVC, vinyl, polyurethane, synthetic, cotton, and woven fabrics. This glue dries clear and quickly and does not freeze. If you need further convincing, check out this review video.
- Great for weather stripping
- Stays intact when left open for four hours
- Dries within ten minutes
- Waterproof and neoprene-based
- May not be child-friendly
Angelus all-purpose, clear shoe cement works on leather, rubber, vinyl, fabrics, plastic, and more. It does not leave any noticeable stains. You need to apply the glue and let it sit for 15 minutes before pressing the surfaces together. For best results, leave the item to dry for 24 hours before wearing it.
- Comes with a built-in brush applicator
- Solution is extremely durable
- Suitable for DIY and professional use
- Creates a thin layer and dries quickly
- May not dry clear
- Packaging may be hard to open
Loctite’s super glue is resistant to shock, vibration, extreme temperature changes, and impact. Specially formulated with toughened rubber, it adds a shine to the item. The low-odor formula sets within seconds and is transparent on drying. It bonds all kinds of materials with extra-long repositioning time, reducing the chances of glued fingers.
- Offers more time to align
- Works on porous surfaces
- Dries transparent in 15 seconds
- Available in two sizes
- Patented control applicator
- Waterproof finish once dried
- May dry quickly if not closed
- Tube may be smaller than expected
The professional-quality glue from Kabber has an advanced polyurethane formula for shoe repair. This multipurpose glue is strong and suitable for rubber soles and leather shoes, especially activewear. It is long-lasting, water-resistant, flexible, and dries quickly to form a durable seal.
- Comes with instructions for usage
- Can survive extreme temperatures
- Works without a hardener or thermal activation
- Suitable for professional use
- May not be great for porous surfaces
E-Z Bond is a cyanoacrylate adhesive that can form strong bonds with metal, plastic, wood, ceramic, etc. The glue has a cure time of less than a minute and has a thin viscosity. It does not clog and is long-lasting.
- Can be paired with CA accelerators
- Has a long shelf life
- Excellent penetration capabilities
- Can work on tight joints
- May be a bit runny
Suitable for pointe shoes, you need to apply a thin layer of glue to the toe box or the shank. The quick-drying glue can set in 10-20 seconds.
Xisaok super adhesive is ideal for shoe repairs. It works well on canvas, vinyl, rubber, leather, and athletic shoes. It comes in a tube and forms a strong and durable bond.
- Helps prevent damage to new shoes
- Easy to use
- Creates a thin layer
- Long shelf life
- Tube may not be durable
How To Choose The Right Shoe Glue?
Consider the following points when buying shoe glue.
- Drying time: Super glues cure and dry within a minute, ideal for holes and minor fixes. Larger repairs like reattaching soles require a more flexible adhesive, needing the glue to be applied and dried before sticking the surfaces together. Check the drying time before purchasing to suit your needs.
- Waterproof: Make sure the glue is waterproof and does not fall apart if the shoe comes in contact with water. Standard glues, including neoprene cement, urethane, and cyanoacrylates, are waterproof.
- Material: Check the shoe material and ensure it is compatible with the glue. Check the packaging for the information. Most glues are suitable for leather, canvas, vinyl, plastic, suede, and rubber.
- Versatility: Ensure the glue is versatile to use on any fabric and materials. All-purpose glues are suitable for fixing other household items.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag, the author of this article, has compiled this list of the best shoe glues that can come in handy anytime, anywhere. These glues are formulated to mend most broken or torn shoes and can also be applied to most materials without ruining their texture. Furthermore, the writer has included a buying guide to help you pick the right glue.
Shoe glues are a must-have as they save you from the hassle of going to a cobbler or investing in a new pair every time the sole of your shoe comes off. Regular shoe glues take a considerable amount of time to dry, so it would help if you looked for shoe glue that dries quickly. You may also invest in waterproof glue and ensure it is compatible with the material of your shoes. With the right shoe glue, you no longer have to say goodbye to your favorite pair of shoes.
View Profile ›