To keep your shoe dust-free and neatly segregated, the best shoe storage boxes available in the market can help. These shoeboxes create more space in your room, and with the transparent door option, you can have easy accessibility to your shoes.
The stackable shoe boxes are made of various materials, including plastic, cardboard, or wood. They are also well-ventilated to keep away the foul smell. If you are looking for durable shoe storage boxes, read on to find the best options to pick from.
Our Top Picks
11 Best Shoe Storage Boxes
1. Best Clear Stackable Design: Seseno 12 Pack Shoe Storage Boxes
Keep your shoes neatly organized and dust-free with the help of these stackable shoe box storage bins. You can organize your shoes by either stacking them or by putting them side-by-side to find them easily. These plastic shoe storage boxes are suitable for closets and help increase your closet size to fit in more shoes.
You can use these storage boxes in bedrooms, bathrooms, playrooms, garages, and offices to make ample space for other essential things. This durable box is designed with rear ventilation holes for odor prevention and air circulation. It is available as a 12-pack set with front openings for convenient usage. For a more detailed review of this product, here’s a video.
- See-through design
- Made of high-quality plastic material
- Sturdy and lightweight
- Easy to use
- Might not fit high heels
- Doors may be difficult to close
2. Best Durable: Life Story Closet Storage Box
With its transparency and durability, the clear storage container is suitable for storing shoes and is easy to identify. This storage box from Life Story can protect your expensive shoes or other personal items from dust and damage. You can even store clothes or other items that take up most space in the closet. This storage box comes in two ten packs for a total of twenty boxes.
- Stackable shoe box
- Protects the shoes from moisture
- High-quality plastic material
- Occupies less space
- Lightweight material
- Some may find the plastic thin
- Some lids may not stay in place
3. Best Stable: Aoteng Star Storage Shoes Box
The simple interlocking device makes the storage shoe box special as you can connect each box for easy carrying. The Aoteng Star storage boxes are reinforced for extra stability and have a larger capacity for all sports shoes. This pack of six boxes is stackable for easy organization and keeps your closet neat and clean. The organizer is made up of strong and sturdy material that is easily washable. It is more convenient to use as the opening adopts a magnet adsorption design.
- Transparent flip
- High-quality PP material
- Easy to operate
- Dust- and moisture-proof
- Load-bearing shoe box
- Plastic edges might stick out
- Some may find it difficult to assemble
4. Best Multipurpose: Wall Qmer Shoes Box
The shoe box is made of surface waterproof cardboard paper and is multi-purpose for storing socks, underwear, books, and toys. The 12-box pack from Wall Qmer comes with DIY labels on which you can write your family members’ names or allot each box accordingly. These cardboard shoe storage boxes have double-sided tape to prevent them from falling and have no residue when peeled off. The ventilation and anti-mildew design keep them clean and odorless and help prevent moldy shoes. Know more about this product in this video.
- Strong bearing capacity
- Large size
- Transparent window
- Made of fresh virgin wood pulp
- Some shoes may not fit
- Some may find it hard to assemble
5. Best Convenient-To-Use: mDesign Storage Organizer
The modern holder has a reinforced front tab with hook and loop closure, making it convenient to use. This eight-piece organizer from mDesign has a beautiful fabric exterior with a textured print to keep your shoe free from dust and debris. Designed to be stackable and easy to access, the lid is hinged in two locations to allow your shoes to slide out while the box is still stacked. The functional and versatile organizer can hold heels, flats, blankets, sweaters, and more. It is easy to care for with a clean damp cloth.
- Clear windows
- Protects from dust and debris
- Multipurpose organizer
- Easy to maintain
- Sturdy and stylish design
- May not fit high heels
- May not retain their shape
6. Best Ventilated: Yitahome XL Shoe Storage Box
The set has 12 shoe storage organizers that are multifunctional and provide additional storage to keep your shoes neat. It is equipped with a clear door to make it easy to find the shoe you want. The ventilation design facilitates air circulation in the item to ensure there is no peculiar smell. With its multifunctional application, you can store cosmetics, clothing, electronics, and more. Constructed of ABS material, it is waterproof, easy to clean, and is environmentally friendly.
- Lightweight and soft material
- Durable construction
- Stackable design
- Easy to open
- Easy to assemble
- Material may be thin for some
- May bend
7. Best Odor-Prevention: Waytrim Storage Shoe Box
The eight-pack oversized storage box can prevent messy shoe storage space. It has ventilation holes that allow air circulation and odor prevention. The boxes are strong and durable, and you can stack multiple units to maximize storage. The black translucent shoe box protects your privacy, and the black material prevents the shoe from exposure to sunlight. Its management space makes it ideal for organizing closets and living areas. The boxes are made of soft plastic, and the frame is made of hard plastic, making it durable.
- Washable and wipeable shoe box
- Waterproof top
- Dustproof and breathable
- Easy to open with one hand
- Strong ABS frame
- May not lock together
- May be smaller than expected
8. Best Elegant: Sogobox Clear Acrylic Shoe Box
The two-piece set could be an elegant addition to your coat closet, bedroom, etc. The Sogobox shoe box is made of sturdy acrylic and aluminum alloy and has a simple interlocking design. It is also convenient for the shoe box to be freely superimposed. This beautiful shoe display case is built from an upgraded magnet that makes it easier to take out and put in collectibles. The set vents in the shoe box help prevent a peculiar smell.
- Magnetic adsorption side opening door
- 360-degree transparent
- Sturdy steel construction
- Large size
- May not be scratch-resistant
- Might be hard to line up the magnets
9. Best High-Quality PP Plastic: Starogegc Magnetic Drop Front Shoe Storage Box
Facing the messy shoe storage space, this six-pack stackable shoe box from Starogegc not only stores shoes but also books, toys, clothes, etc. The shoe box can be placed under the bed, near the door, bathroom, and kitchen. These boxes are made of high-quality PP plastic, hence safe, environmentally friendly, and non-toxic. The hard plastic board will keep the box in shape, preventing deformation and making it long-lasting.
- Large storage space
- Sturdy construction
- Easy-to-open front drop magnet door
- Easy to assemble
- Lightweight plastic material
- Some doors may not close properly
- May have a peculiar smell
10. Best Stackable Design: SupBro Storage Shoes Box
The easy-access storage shoe box has a stackable design and is suitable for organizing shoes and saving space. SupBro shoe boxes have a crystal clear plastic front door to notice the shoes easily. The door has magnet sanctions that ensure tightness, and the ultraviolet-proof material will protect your leather or canvas shoes. It is firm enough to carry a 100kg maximum load, and the material is durable.
- Easy to assemble
- Space-saving organizer
- Washable material
- Large space
- Sturdy material
- Magnets may fall off with time
- Instructions may be vague
11. Best For Display: Eayo Shoe Storage Box
The elegant clear cube organizer allows your shoes to be on display. This shoe storage box from Eayo has a side-open front door with detachable crown decoration and non-slippery grooves at the bottom. It can be easily assembled using instructions and without any help. With its easy organization and storage, you can keep your wardrobe or closet neat.
- Dust- and moisture-proof
- Multi-angle view display
- Space-saving design
- May tip over at times
- May bend
How To Choose The Right Shoe Storage Box?
Here are some points you should consider before buying a shoe storage box.
- Space-saving: Storage boxes for shoes should be designed in a way that they can be stacked easily, leaving the maximum surface area in your room.
- Design: Look for transparent designs as they allow easy accessibility to the shoe and also reduce your search.
- Size: Buy an organizer that is spacious enough to keep the biggest shoe. Small organizers have their limitations.
- Ventilation: Shoe boxes that are well ventilated will keep the shoe odor-free. Always dry your shoes before keeping them in the box.
- Material: Shoe boxes come in wood, plastic, or fabric materials. While wood is most durable, you can narrow down your selection depending on your choice and requirement.
Why Trust MomJunction?
We have researched the customer ratings and reviews and checked several online forums to bring you a curated list of the best shoe storage boxes that suit your taste and requirements. We have also put together a buying guide to help you choose the right product and make a well-informed choice. These shoe storage boxes are durable and space-efficient, ensuring that you can store away your footwear in a neat manner.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it better to keep shoes in boxes or out?
It depends on your needs. If you’d like to make a room more space-efficient, or if you have spare pairs of shoes to store, shoe boxes could come in handy. Make sure to check on them periodically and sun them to avoid mold build-up.
2. What is the most efficient way to store shoes?
Storage boxes are one of the most efficient ways to store shoes free from dust while giving you the luxury of keeping them organized. With the help of storage boxes, each pair of shoes can be stocked separately, which prevents them from getting dirty with other shoes. Also, transparent storage boxes facilitate easy visibility and detection.
3. Where should shoe storage boxes be stored at home?
Being portable and stackable, most storage shoe boxes can be placed in a closet, along a wall, and on the floor in the laundry room. You just have to plan as per your convenience and space availability.
4. What size shoe can I fit in a shoe storage box?
The largest shoe size most shoe storage boxes accommodate is either US 12 or 13. A few could also come with the capacity for sizes 14 and 15.
5. How to clean shoe storage boxes?
While it depends on the material of the storage box, most plastic-based ones can be wiped or washed with water. The cardboard-based ones may be cleaned with just cleansing wipes, and most fabric-based ones can be wipe-cleaned with a damp cloth. However, it is best to read the package instructions for optimum care.
6. Do shoe storage boxes have ventilation holes?
Most shoe storage boxes come with ventilation holes or openings to air the shoes, prevent mold build-up, and dissipate the odor.
The best shoe storage boxes can act as a dedicated space to store your footwear. Such storage boxes help keep your footwear organized for easy access. When picking such storage boxes, you must check their size and durability. Such boxes are available in various designs and come with ventilation to keep your shoes odor-free. You may choose one that helps declutter your spaces and store your shoes efficiently. We hope the comprehensive list above will help you make an informed decision.
View Profile ›