To beat the heat from the scorching summers, you might invest in the best shorts for girls. They are cool, classy, and comfortable during the summer days and can be an apt outfit during the season. These shorts come with different trends, styles, and fashion so that you can wear them by pairing them with multiple clothing in several ways. Check out our compiled list to help you choose the right one that never goes out of style.
Our Top Picks
10 Best Shorts For Girls
1. Best Lightweight: Under Armour Girls’ Play Up Solid Workout Gym Shorts
Under Armour shorts come with soft-knit performance fabric to deliver superior comfort and breathability. This cute short is lightweight, can be worn during active play, and is machine-washable. It has a soft elastic waistband that you can stretch to get a perfect fit. The waistband has a pop color wordmark and external drawcord for customized comfort. These relaxed shorts are available in various sizes.
2. Best Flexible: Resinta 8 Pack Breathable Shorts
The soft and comfortable shorts work excellent under a dress, short skirt, shorts, long tops, jeans, and are ideal for bedtime, gym, yoga, cycling, swimming, and dance. They are flexible, fit comfortably on the skin and girls can wear them under short dresses without worrying about exposure while playing, running, or jumping. These soft cotton shorts won’t cause itching and retain their shape and color even after washing. These sets are available in sizes from 2T to 5T and between six and ten years.
3. Best High-Quality Fabric: C9 Champion Girls’ 2″ Woven Running Shorts
The trendy shorts from the C9 Champion store are made of quick-dry high-quality fabric with elastic closure. These are trendy loose outer shorts that offer comfort all day long. Available in different colors and patterns, they are most flattering when coupled with slim tops. These are available in sizes from extra small to extra large.
4. Best Easy To Wear: Hollhoff 12 Mixed Color Girls Active Shorts
Hollhoff offers an exclusive collection of active shorts for girls that are soft, comfy, and easy to put on. They are composed of natural fabric with exceptional flexibility, allowing for excellent wrapping without feeling constricted. These active shorts are available in 12 colors and sizes for up to seven-year girls
5. Best Durable Waistband: Puma Girls’ Active Short
Puma offers classy shorts with an elastic waistband and contrast piping on the sides. It is lightweight and comfy, making it ideal for running. Having a cool brand badge on the left hem is eye-catching. This fabric is machine-washable and is designed for girls up to 16 years.
6. Best Fashionable: Lucky Brand Girls’ 5-Pocket Cuffed Stretch Denim Shorts
Lucky Brand shorts feature a five-pocket design with stretch denim fabric for added comfort and a zipper closing. Whether it’s for a day at the beach, a pool party, water sport activities, or everyday wear, your child will be comfortable and fashionable. You can get these denim shorts in various shades and sizes for girls up to 16 years. It also has an attractive friendship bracelet that makes these shorts cool and classy.
7. Best Cotton Fabric: Hanes Little Girls’ Jersey Short (Pack of 3)
Hanes pair of jersey shorts comes with 100% cotton material and feels amazing against your skin. It is easy to put on and take off with a pull-on style, making it convenient and comfortable for girls to wear. These stylish shorts are available in four shades and sizes, from extra small to extra large.
8. Best Adjustable: French Toast Girls’ Twill Bermuda Short
The pair of knee-length shorts with an adjustable waist provides a perfect fit and long-lasting comfort. This Bermuda shorts are available in sizes 6X to 20 plus. Slant pockets on the front and a hook-bar fastening with a security button make these shorts comfortable and easy to pull through the hip and thigh.
9. Best Athletic: Adidas Girls’ Big Athletic Shorts
The sports shorts are made from a 100% polyester fabric and an elastic waistband for flexibility. These stylish girls’ athletic shorts are available in sizes from 2T to 6X. They contain drawstrings, which are classic closures to keep the material in place and prevent fraying. The three-stripe mesh short has a drawstring elastic waistband and lapped side seams.
10. Best Casual Denim: Calvin Klein Girls’ Bermuda Short
Calvin Klein offers a five-pocket denim shorts for girls featuring a slim fit, soft stretch denim fabric, a roll-up cut-off hem, and lurex rear pocket embroidery. This young girl’s short is ideal for everyday use. You can pair it with tees, tanks, fleece hoodies, sneakers, or sandals. Ideal for lazing, cool days, and casual wear, the short is available in different denim shades.
How To Choose The Right Shorts For Girls?
Here are some factors you should keep in mind while buying shorts for girls.
- Length: Consider buying the correct fit and style for your body shape. Choose a pair that isn’t too short or too long. If you don’t like to show your knees, avoid shorts with a hem that hits directly at or above the knee.
- Size: The trouble with wearing excessively tight shorts is that they will draw attention to your thighs, giving the impression that they are larger than they are. Buy one that has some space between the shorts and your thigh. Choose an outfit that compliments your looks and makes you feel comfortable.
- Material: Cotton and linen are suitable for hot summer days. Choose the material that is comfortable, skin-friendly, and soft for your child.
Stock up on these new, hot, and trendy shorts no matter the weather type. With plenty of options, buy the one that suits your girl’s comfort. The soft and stretchy shorts work well during active play and also at bedtime. From plain to printed, these trendy pieces can make your girl look adorable.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag has a passion for clothing, fashion, and skincare, and so her articles reflect the careful analyses and research she undertakes. After running through tons of products, she picked up the best shorts for girls to give her readers the necessary information. Also, she gave some helpful tips to help you pick the right shorts for your little one.