A shower bench is really handy for a multitude of reasons. Benches are the perfect tool for older adults or injured individuals or even for someone who prefers to sit than stand in the shower. The best shower bench helps people take a shower comfortably without straining themselves. Compact and convenient, these benches can be placed inside a tub or directly under a shower.
An important factor to consider while getting a shower bench is that the material should be non-slippery. These water-resistant shower seats come in various sizes, styles, and materials, and some have distinctive features. In this post, we have listed some quality shower benches for you to choose from. You can take your pick from sliding swivel chairs to transfer benches and elegant teak shower benches.
Our Top Picks
11 Best Shower Benches
1. Best Lightweight: Carex Universal Bath Seat
Designed from high-quality plastic, this shower chair is super durable. The lightweight structure and easy-to-carry handle make the Carex bath seat convenient to use. It is equipped with drainage holes to ensure safety and helps prevent water pooling. Legs are adjustable between 16 and 21 inches, thus providing comfort even on uneven surfaces. The sturdy chair can hold up to 400 pounds of weight and is ideal for the injured, elderly, and individuals. It is also equipped with a notch to hold your shower when not in use.
2. Best Heavy-Duty: Dr. Kay’s Adjustable Height Bath And Shower Chair
Dr. Kay’s shower chair is equipped with an anti-slip platform and an extra-wide base to provide safety and comfort. The legs are adjustable from 12.5 to 18.5 inches. The rubber-encased feet ensure safe use even in your bathtub. Unlike regular stools, this shower seat is easy to assemble. It weighs four pounds and is portable. The heavy-duty chair is made with hard-anodized aluminum and can hold up to 250 pounds.
3. Best Non-Slip: Moen Transfer Bench
The sleek-looking transfer bench with a clean glacier-like finish blends with any bathroom style. This quality bench by Moen is equipped with a wide 33×8-inch seat and supports up to 400 pounds of weight. The versatile support handle provides a safe and stable transfer. You can adjust the height with ease, between 16.5 and 21 inches. It has a built-in drainage system built with a non-slip seat for optimal convenience and the backrest provides added comfortability.
4. Best Durable: OasisSpace Heavy Duty Shower Chair
OasisSpace shower chair is super secure and easy to assemble. It is constructed from a durable aluminum lightweight frame. The bath seat is detachable for occasional cleaning and has drainage holes for extra comfort. It is compact, thus fits conveniently even in smaller showers. The sturdy bench supports up to 500 pounds of weight. It also comes along with a free suction handle that is easy to install and remove.
5. Best Sturdy: Eagle Health Supplies Swivel Sliding Transfer Bench
Made from a heavy-duty and sturdy frame, this transfer bench by Eagle Health Supplies is super durable. Its patented anti-slip rubber tips, locks, and belt provide utmost safety. The 360° swivel seat glides comfortably across with ease. It has a base length of 39.5 to 40 inches and has a holding capacity of 400 pounds. This shower bench is made from non-toxic and sturdy non-polished aluminum. The sliding seat locks every 90° for convenient entry and exit.
6. Best Convenient: Clevr Teak Wood Modern Folding Shower Seat
Style your bathroom with this aesthetically stunning, teak wood shower bench. Clevr shower bench is made of premium quality Burmese teak wood that is extra strong and durable. The extra-long seat is clear coated for smoothness and protection against mold. It has a sleek stainless-steel base that can be wall-mounted for added convenience. The seat measures 35.5×15.75in and elegantly fits any bathroom design. It is easy to install and can hold up to 400 pounds.
7. Best Water-Resistant: EcoDecors Oasis Teak Corner Shower Bench
The pre-assembled shower bench is compact and fits comfortably in the corners of your shower. Made of teak wood, the EcoDecors’s shower bench makes a premium choice. Each foot is equipped with an adjustable height pad, providing comfort despite uneven surfaces. The seat has sleek slits for convenient water drainage and is naturally water-resistant. The size is 16x16x10in and it can hold up to 250 pounds.
8. Best Eco-Friendly: ROHKEX Shower Bench
Rohkex stylish and versatile shower bench can also be used as a vanity table. Made of premium quality poly lumber, it is waterproof and eco friendly. The stool supports up to 300 pounds and is super sturdy. This multifunctional design is equipped with adjustable feet to provide comfort even on slanted surfaces. The frame is designed with powder-coated, rust-proof aluminum for added stability and durability.
9. Best Elegant: OasisCraft Bamboo Shower Bench
Made of 100% quality and natural bamboo, this shower bench by OasisCraft is elegant and durable. It is equipped with handles on both sides for added comfortability. The bench is easy to assemble and has necessary tools for installation. It has polished corners and the non-slip rubber feet for added safety. It can hold up to 280 pounds and measures 24x13x18in. This product includes a free bamboo soap dish.
10. Best Holding Capacity: Medline Transfer Bench
The transfer bench by Medline is ideal to assist mobility impaired, elderly, and injured individuals. It is made of sturdy and durable plastic that is easy to clean and is adjustable to fit perfectly in any bathroom. The height is easily adjustable with a push of a button. The feet are equipped with wide rubber suctions to help prevent accidents and scratches. It has a textured seat for added safety and has a holding capacity of 400 pounds.
11. Best Comfortable: Better Living Smart 4 Shower Seat
Equipped with high-quality, rust-proof aluminum, this shower bench is highly durable. This chic design bench by Better Living fits any decor and is easy to assemble. The feet are equipped with non-skid rubber caps for added safety and stability. The extra-large seat ensures added comfortability and can hold up to 300 pounds. It has a versatile handle that doubles as a drain.
How To Choose The Right Shower Bench?
Here are a few key features to consider while buying a shower bench.
- Weight capacity: Make sure your shower chair can support you effectively, so you don’t encounter any mishaps. Most shower chairs can support weights between 250 and 400 pounds.
- Material: Choose water resistant material as you will be using the bench in the shower. Opt for seats made of rust-free aluminum, steel, waterproof wood, or plastic.
- Adjustable height: Most shower chairs come with adjustable heights while some seats have individual foot adjustments. Choose the one that you find is convenient.
- Overall size: Take note of the chair’s dimensions and if it fits perfectly in your shower. Always choose a size smaller than the depth and width of your shower.
- Seat size: Pay attention to the seat size. The seat should be wider than your size, to prevent risks of sliding off.
- Non-slip feet: Bathrooms tend to get slippery and to ensure the utmost safety, choose a shower bench with non-slip rubber encased or suction-type feet.
- Other safety features: Added safety features include textured seating, arm handles, swivel stool, and more. Read our guide closely and choose the best option for you.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Our team of established writers and editors scour several websites and consider customer reviews before recommending the right products to our readers. After in-depth research, we have come up with a list of the best shower benches that are durable, water-resistant, and available in different styles. In addition, we have highlighted the notable features of each recommended product and provided a buying guide to help you pick the right bench.
If standing in the shower seems uncomfortable for you, our list of the best shower benches can help you understand the available options and features for your convenience. Before choosing one, make sure it is built using durable materials, easy to assemble, and lightweight but sturdy enough to withstand your weight. You should also consider the seat size and design, including armrests, non-slip feet, and a built-in drainage system for easy cleaning. So, make your showering experience comfortable with a suitable shower bench.
- Best Mattresses For Scoliosis
- Best Board Games In India
- Best Breast Pumps In India
- Best Cloth Diapers In India