Whether you have a bathtub or a shower area, water dripping and spreading to the whole bathroom can be cumbersome to dry and clean. So, here’s our list of the best shower curtain rods to help you keep your bathroom clean. Shower curtains can help limit the splash and spread of water when you’re taking a bath. Shower curtain rods allow you to hang a curtain easily without drilling holes in the wall. They should be strong enough to carry the weight of the curtain.
With various sizes and designs available, choosing the right shower curtain rod may be challenging. So, go through the features of these expert-recommended and tried-and-tested products to make an informed choice.
Types Of Shower Curtain Rods
Depending on the type of installation required and the shape of the rod, the following are the main types of shower rods available in the market.
- Adjustable shower curtain rods
Available in straight and curved designs, the length of these shower rods can be adjusted, making it ideal to fit in any space in your home. These shower rods offer versatility and can be customized depending on the dimensions of the space you wish to use it in.
- Fixed shower curtain rod
These are often a more permanent solution and are cut to size and installed into the walls of your bathroom. Sturdy and durable, this type of shower curtain rod requires drilling into your bathroom walls or tiles, and is not as easy to install as other options.
- Tension shower curtain rod
Easy to install and multifunctional, these types of shower rods generally come with non-slip rubber mounts which prevent your walls and tiles from getting scratched. Requiring no drilling or additional hardware, these are the ideal solution when looking for a convenient fix.
We’re compiled a carefully curated list of the 11 best shower curtain rods to help you choose the ideal curtain rod for your shower space.
11 Best Shower Curtain Rods
1. Best Rust-Resistant: Ivilon Side Window Curtain Rod
The Ivilon Side Window Curtain Rod has an end cap design that is aesthetically pleasing with the pole being sturdy and one-inch wide in thickness. Available in matte black metallic color, this bathroom fixture measures 28×4.25 in. The curtain rod is built to sustain a maximum load capacity of 22 lb and has a wall mounted design. Its complete treatment telescopic design makes it stand out. It also comes ready to hang with all necessary mounting hardware for ease of installation.
- Goes well with all draperies and wall colors
- Suitable for contemporary home designs
- Easy to assemble and install
- Paint may rub off with ring friction over the time
- May sag in the middle
2. Best Anti-Chip: Amazer Shower Curtain Rod
Are you looking for a sturdy and convenient shower curtain rod to complete your bathroom look? Available in five neutral colors, this functional and stylish shower curtain rod can add a touch of elegance to the bathrooms regardless of the color of existing bathroom hardware. Featuring an attractive metal finish, this curtain rod requires no drilling or installation tools, making it versatile and easy to use. Rubber caps at the ends of the rod ensure your walls and tiles are left scratch-free and beautifully shining as ever. You can also check out this detailed review video to know more about a tester’s experience with the bathroom fixture.
- Adjustable length of 42-72 inches
- Durable and chip-resistant
- Easy to install
- Rust-resistant for extended use
- Some might find the weight of this curtain rod a bit heavy.
3. Best Non-Corrosive: Teeck Shower Curtain Rod
Stylish, versatile, and durable, this time-tested curtain rod ticks all the right boxes. Made from premium stainless steel and featuring a subtle silver color, this curtain rod has an adjustable length of 50-91 inches. It can be used in multiple house areas, like the living room, bathrooms, bedrooms, and balconies. This stainless steel shower rod is rust-resistant, keeping safety and reliability in mind, and can be installed easily without additional hardware, tools, or drilling. Whether it’s an essential shower curtain or a gorgeous drape you want to showcase, this metal rod is a great option.
- Built-in high-pressure spring to prevent slipping
- Silicone non-slip chassis
- Weight capability of up to 22 lbs.
- Non-corrosive and easy to clean
- Some might find it a bit too shiny.
|Ivilon Side Window Curtain Rod||Amazer Shower Curtain Rod||Teeck Shower Curtain Rod|
|Dimensions||28 x 4.25 x 1 inches||50 x 2.8 x 2.8 inches||48 x 2 x 2 inches|
|Weight||1.7 pounds||2 pounds||1.75 pounds|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
4. Best Easy Installation: PrettyHome Adjustable Curved Shower Curtain Rod
If you’re looking for the ideal shower rod for your curved shower space or your stylish rounded bathtub, your search ends here. Made of high-quality aluminum, this unique rod can be expanded and adjusted to match your specific bathroom layout and provides up to 9 inches of extra elbow room and shower space. The curved design sweeps around your bathtub, maximizing space and ensuring a more pleasurable bathing experience. This product can be securely and permanently installed on walls with screws and mounting brackets. For a thorough review of the round shower rod, have a look at this YouTuber’s video.
- Adjustable from 38-72 inches
- Durable and long-lasting
- Includes installation hardware
- Some might find the finish of this shower rod a bit shiny.
5. Best Lightweight: Moen Adjustable Stainless Steel Double Curved Shower Rod
The Moen Adjustable Stainless Steel Double Curved Shower Rod is available in the classic bronze shade and elegant nickel finish. The shower rod measures 7.62×6.25 in and suits shower curtain and door or window curtain mounting. It is designed for fixed mounting and is built for a high load capacity of up to 25 lb.
- Sturdy and long-lasting
- Has striking light and dark accents
- Provides extra elbow room with its curved design
- Standard size fits most home showers
- Can be difficult to install
- Plastic gaskets may be softer than expected
6. Best Versatile: Ivilion Spring Tension Curtain Rod
Have an elegantly styled bathroom or living room space, and looking for the ideal curtain rod to finish the look? This versatile curtain rod has a gorgeous brass finish and features a minimal modern design that makes it an excellent choice for modern homes. This curtain rod is suitable for use indoors as a shower rod and room divider or window curtains for the outdoors. The strong springs and thick rods prevent slipping, and the non-scratch mounting makes this brass shower rod a favorite for anyone looking for an easy, stylish fix.
- Adjustable length from 54-90 inches
- Tool-less installation process
- Durable, rust-proof material
- Non-slip rubber mounting
- Available in 7 colors
- The color of the rod may slightly vary from the picture
7. Best Functional: HabiLife Shower Curtain Rod
This attractive and reliable shower curtain rod is made of superior quality heavy-duty steel, a rust-proof material, and features constant tension technology to eliminate damaged bathroom walls while keeping your bathroom space both functional and aesthetically pleasing. Easy to install without the use of tools or unnecessary drilling, this shower curtain has slip-resistant and scratch-proof caps to avoid scratching or damaging the wall. What’s more? this adjustable shower rod can also be used in your kitchen, wardrobe, and living space, making it a versatile and convenient option.
- Non-corrosive and easy to clean
- Can hold up to 20 lbs of weight
- Adjustable length
- Some might find that the finish is not very polished.
8. Best Durable: Sikaiqi Stretchable Corner Shower Curtain Rod
Here’s a unique stretchable shower curtain rod, ideal for corner showers where space is a constraint. This curtain rod features an innovative track design that allows the shower curtain to move freely without ceiling support interference. Made of stainless steel with a polished, chrome-plated surface, this curtain rod is durable, strong, and resistant to drooping and deformation, making it the ideal functional solution for a smaller bathroom.
- Adjustable length
- Corrosion-resistant and sun-resistant
- Easy to clean
- Some might find that the installation instructions are a bit difficult to understand.
9. Best Long-Lasting: Kingston Brass Adjustable Double Curved Shower Curtain Rod
The Kingston adjustable shower curtain rod has a modern design with a sleek, metallic finish that complements contemporary bathroom interiors. Available in the polished chrome shade, nickel finish, and more, the shower curtain rod measures 6.52×72 in and weighs 1.89 lb. The adjustable size of this curved chrome shower rod makes it ideal for standard to oversized bathroom curtains.
- Additional space for hanging dry towels and other shower accessories
- Weight capacity of up to 25 lb
- Easy tension mounting style
- Fits standard shower curtains
- Installation can be a challenge
- Metal rods may sustain scratches over the time
10. Best Compatible: Zenna Home Aluminum Hoop Shower Curtain Rod
If you’ve recently bought a beautiful claw-foot standalone bathtub for your vintage-styled bathroom and are now wondering how to deal with the water splash — here’s the perfect product for you. This curtain rod has a unique hoop shape and an innovative mounting method explicitly designed for standalone tubs. This 1-inch diameter shower rod attaches securely to the wall and ceiling for stability and comes included with hardware, mounting brackets, and easy-to-follow instructions.
- Easy to install
- Compatible with standard clawfoot tubs
- Durable and long-lasting
- Some might find that the hoop of this shower rod is not wide enough.
11. Best Adjustable: Briofox Adjustable Curved Shower Curtain Rod
Here’s an adjustable curved shower rod that increases your elbow and shower space by 20%! Made of high-strength stainless steel, this curtain rod can be securely and firmly fixed in place without having to worry about the rod slipping or bending. With a large carrying capacity, this versatile shower curtain rod can be used in other parts of the house, like the bedroom, balcony, or kitchen, and is available in multiple attractive colors.
- Adjustable from 42-72 inches
- Sturdy and durable
- Easy to install
- Rust-resistant and corrosion-resistant
- This curtain rod is not recommended for use on tiles.
How To Choose The Right Shower Curtain Rod?
Here are a few factors you need to consider when choosing a shower curtain rod.
- Material: All of us want a space that looks good and well looked after with minimal maintenance, and a bathroom space is no different. The best shower curtain rod should not only be made of durable and high-quality materials but also be resistant to rust, corrosion, and wear. Aluminum and stainless steel are great options when it comes to a material that is lightweight, easy to maintain, and versatile.
- Shape: This depends entirely on the shape of your shower area or bathtub. Straight shower rods are ideal for standard-size showers and bathtubs. Curved and over-the-door shower rods are best suited to a corner shower area, whereas standalone and claw-foot bathtubs would benefit from a hooped curtain rod. Take the time to measure the dimensions of the space you intend to use the curtain rod before picking the right one for your requirements.
- Color: This depends entirely on the decor, style, and shower hardware used in your bathroom space. Pick a color that compliments and matches the bathroom decor without standing out too much. Silver and black shower rods are the perfect choice for most modern bathroom decor styles, whereas dusty gold and white shower rods are great for styles that lean more toward antique and old-school vibes.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Our experienced writers and reviewers have selected these shower curtain rods known for their easy installation, durable materials, rust resistance, adjustability, and a stylish look to help you choose the right one. We have also selected extendable shower rods with adjustable lengths. And to help ease your task, we have included a buyer’s guide and answered a few of the frequently asked questions about shower curtain rods to help you make an informed decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How should I extend a shower curtain rod?
- Before installing any shower curtain rod, ensure the wall or tiles you intend to fix it on are clean and dry.
- Measure the length correctly and precisely to ensure the curtain rod fits perfectly in your shower space.
- To extend the curtain rod, follow the steps given in the instruction manual carefully, as this differs from brand to brand.
2. How high should a shower curtain rod be?
This depends on the length of the shower curtain you intend to hang from the curtain rod. A standard shower curtain is usually 72-inch long, so the shower curtain rod should be installed 75-77 inches from the floor. This will prevent the shower curtain from touching the floor.
3. Do tension shower rods work on tile?
Due to the slippery surface of tiles, most tension shower rods might not work on them.
4. Where should I place a curved shower curtain rod?
Curved shower rods are suitable for small spaces, and you should place them according to your height so that you don’t bump into them.
5. How do I keep my shower curtain rod from falling down?
Install the shower curtain rod according to the instructions provided with your rod, and make sure to place it higher than your head.
Investing in the best shower curtain rods can help keep your bathroom floor clean by limiting the water and soap suds that splash on it during a shower. Choosing one from various options is challenging, so we recommend deciding by considering the rod size that would fit your bathroom. You can opt for lightweight and rust-resistant rods such as the Teeck Shower Curtain Rod, which are durably built to manage the weight of the curtains. In contrast, the curved PrettyHome Adjustable Shower Curtain Rod is apt if you are short on space, and the Amazer Shower Curtain Rod is ideal for tool-free installation. Lastly, with rods available in different shades, you can pick a hue that goes well with the interiors of your bathroom.
Infographics: A Guide To Use Shower Curtain Rods
Using a shower curtain rod may be tricky for some, as it may fall when installed incorrectly. But following the right tips may minimize the hassle, allowing you to use them properly. Take a look at the infographics below to learn more.