Be it a contemporary or a traditional bathroom, shower doors can be a great addition. They look great and make the bathroom look open. These doors are heavy-duty, sturdy, and make the bathing area exclusive in any bathroom. Most shower doors are splash-, water-, and rust-resistant. They have a special coating that prevents hard water and soap build-up.
You will find shower doors of various dimensions, colors, finishes, and styles, making it difficult to find the right one. We have created a list of the best shower doors to help you decide.
Our Top Picks
10 Best Shower Doors
Available in stainless steel material, the shower doors from Woodbridge are long-lasting and built from premium materials. The thick tempered glass is ANSI-certified, and you can easily clean it. It is resistant to water spots, and the large stainless-steel rollers offer a smooth and quiet sliding. The glass has an ultralux coating to combat the hard water build-up.
- Has a high gloss finish
- Frameless and has a reversible design
- Easy to install
- Rust-free and anti-splash
- Might be delicate
Basco’s semi-frameless shower door is available in silver, brushed nickel, and oil-brushed bronze. This door has a special glass-protection coating that repels spotting, soap film, and mineral deposits. It has a slotted roller that allows easy out-of-square adjustment. The door includes two bumpers on the wall to jamb protect the glass. You can also apply this glass door to tile shower bases and fiberglass. The anti-jump mechanism of the door delivers a seamless and smooth operation.
- Adjustable and reversible
- High-quality tempered safety glass
- Anti-corrosion and fade
- Gentle slope
- Might be difficult to install
Available in chrome, brushed nickel, satin black, and oil-rubbed bronze, this shower door has one stationary panel and a swing door to fit small bathrooms. The thickness of the glass is 5/16 inches, and it is frameless, clear, thick, and has a curved design with a European flair.
- Open-concept design
- Have anodized adjustments
- Includes a towel bar
- Door hinges may not work well
Made from aluminum alloy and glass, this thick tempered glass has a black-paint finish and a stainless-steel bar. During installation, silicone is required, and you have to screw the door panel to the wall. The four glass panels have to be fitted in the black matte frame. All the hardware required for installation is included in the set.
- Supporting arms
- Silk print
- Doorless design
- Fits any shower space
- May be flimsy
With an adjustable width, this shower door glass gives you easy access to the shower area and the tub. You can easily use the right and the left doors. The glass is ANSI-certified and stands strong against damage. It also has an explosion-proof film on the glass door to prevent breakage and scattering. This door has an easy three-step installation, and you do not need to drill holes in the bathtub.
- Prevents leaks and splashes
- Zinc rollers move smoothly
- Stainless steel handle
- May not have instruction manual
The shower door has a vintage style, and its aluminum body is sturdy and long-lasting. This product has a stainless-steel handle and has guide rails. It has a reversible design and has a single swing-out glass panel. There is also a wall channel and a door pull in this set.
- Includes installation accessories
- Five-year limited manufacturer warranty
- Installation may be tricky
Made to fit 50-60 inch wide shower openings, this shower door is 70 inches tall. It has a towel bar attached to the glass and a chrome pull-knob. The clear glass’s thickness is 1/4 inches, and it adjusts well in any shower space. This set includes the user manual and the equipment required to install the door.
- Dual bypass design
- High-quality tempered glass
- Smooth sliding mechanism
- Helps eliminate leaks
- Instructions may be unclear
With an adjustable width, this shower door has a modern style and is 72-inch high. The clear seals are full-length to prevent leakage, and it is designed for right or left door installation. Its hardware is made from stainless steel and has a chrome polish, oil-rubbed bronze, or brushed stainless steel finish. The glass has a thickness of 3/8 inches.
- Five-year limited warranty
- Out-of-plumb adjustability
- May be slippery
Measuring 72×48 inches, this matte black shower door comes with easy-glide rollers and is made from tempered glass. It is crystal clear and has aluminum rollers attached to it. The hardware in this set does not tarnish and is rust-resistant. It has double-sided shielding on the glass that repels water and prevents hard water build-up. The glass door also has an anti-water seal strip that covers the full length of the panels to keep water off the floor.
- Includes a shower door guide
- Reversible installation
- Rhino alloy-certified
- May be difficult to assemble
Measuring 48-inch in height, this frameless shower door is custom-made for your shower opening. It has polished edges, and the tempered glass is 3/8-inch thick. The door has a modern style that can fit into any shower space. All the hardware required for installation is in the set, and its frameless design makes it easy to install. The set also includes the bottom door sweep and the strike seal.
- Has brushed nickel, chrome, or oil-rubbed bronze finishes
- Five-year pro-rated warranty
- Reversible design
- May have a greenish tinge
How To Choose The Right Shower Doors?
Consider the following points when choosing the right shower doors.
- Size: Ensure you measure the size of the shower space before you buy a shower door. It helps prevent leakage and wet and messy bathrooms.
- Glass: Choose certified tempered glass. Such certifications uphold the common safety standards.
- Hardware: Make sure you choose a shower door with hardware for easy installation. If the hardware is not in the set, it is difficult to find the right one to match the door.
- Coating: Choose a shower door with protective coatings on the glass for easy cleaning. Such coatings prevent rust, and hard water and soap build-up. Coatings like brushed nickel, chrome, and oil-rubbed bronze on the handles, hinges, towel stand, screws, etc., are available.
- Color: From clear ones to matte black finish, choose a shower door color depending on your bathroom aesthetics.
Why Trust MomJunction?
We have curated this list of the best shower doors after considering the product reviews from numerous trusted sources. Each product has been handpicked to meet your quality requirements and needs. We have also included each product’s specifications and pros and cons to help you pick the right one. In addition, you can go through the buying guide provided to understand the important factors to consider while buying a shower door.
With the suggestions provided in the list above, choosing the best shower door is now an easier task. However, make sure you check the size by the space available to fit it in. This will give the space a more pleasing and aesthetic feel and provide more practicality to the design. Also, go for doors with a strong coating that can be easily installed in your bathroom. Lastly, you must ensure to opt for doors with certified tempered glass as they guarantee safety.