Silicone stretch lids are reusable covers that fit over food containers of any size. They are eco-friendly, economical, and great alternatives to plastic wrap and aluminum foil. These reusable lids can be used to cover bowls, plates, coffee mugs, glass jars, pots, juice bottles, and food cans, as well as half-cut fruits and vegetables, like melons, jackfruit, and pumpkins.
The lids are made of food-grade silicone, and extend the freshness of food, thus limiting food waste. They are compatible with plastic, metal, glass, and even ceramic materials. Here, we give you a list of the best silicone stretch lids that you can consider buying.
11 Best Silicone Stretch Lids
These 100% food-grade silicone stretch lids are great to eliminate the use of chemical-filled plastic wrap at home. They come in a pack of six, in various sizes, and can fit most bowls, cups, and jars. Simply cover containers of food, fruits, sauces, or salads and even drinks with these stretchy covers to keep them fresh.
- BPA-free, non-toxic, and safe lids
- Resistant to cold and hot temperatures
- Can be used in microwaves and freezers
- Withstands heat up to 450°F
- Enough stretch to cover a variety of different containers
- Dishwasher-safe, and easy to clean
- Available in shades of blue and clear
This set of 12 silicone lids contains lids of six different sizes and suits most container shapes. They stick quickly with their ability to stretch around the mouth of the container, creating an airtight cover. The leakproof lids keep the leftovers fresh for a prolonged time.
- Circular lids that fit round, oval, square or any odd-shaped containers
- Tags offer a comfortable grip and pull
- Non-toxic, BPA-free silicone lids
- Dishwasher-safe and microwave-safe
- Reusable products that save money and minimize waste
- Resistant to heat, cold, and tear
- Safe to put in the refrigerator and freezer
The Longzon silicone stretch lids are round and measure 2.6 inches in diameter to fit small containers. They are available in colors of pink, blue, yellow, and white. You may use them for small cups, bowls, cans, glasses, pop cans, soda cans, fruits, and mason jars.
- Extra-thick and durable
- Do not tear or warp
- Easy to stretch and use
- Free from BPA, lead, plastic, and phthalates
- Independently lab-tested for safety
Made of naturally occurring elements, such as carbon, oxygen, hydrogen, and silicon (derived from sand), these silicone food covers from True Nature are suitable to cover small, medium, and large food containers.
- FDA (US) and LFGB (EU) approved platinum grade silicone with no fillers
- Microwave-safe and oven-safe
- Withstands temperatures up to 445°F
- Comes in 12 square and circle shapes
- Sizes range from 2.5in to 8in in diameter
- 100% money-back guarantee
Give a new twist to the old storage container tops with Orblue silicone stretch lids. Available in a pack of six, they are 2.6 inches in size and can be used on cups, small bowls, and glasses. For best results, make sure that both the lid and container are dry before use.
- Stretches up to 3.5in
- Small and handy
- Resistant to temperatures between -40°F and 450°F
- Microwave-safe and freezer-safe
- Dishwasher-safe and leakproof
Made with BPA-free and FDA-approved silicone, these Basic Haus covers give a premium look to the containers. The dark grey grippy lids can be used for covering a wide range of pots, pans, and skillets. You can use them for dishes on the stove, in the oven, microwave, refrigerator, or the freezer.
- Thick and durable
- Little tabs on the side make it easy to peel and open
- Adhesive hooks for easy hanging on the kitchen wall or storing inside the cabinet
- Available in five sizes of 6, 8, 10, 12, and 14 inches
- Fits rimmed containers of stainless steel, plastic, metal, Pyrex, ceramic, and melamine
Longzon silicone stretch lids are suitable for rectangular containers and come in six different sizes. There are 12 pieces available in two different colors, for covering bowls, dishes, jars, cans, and containers of various sizes. You should wait until the container reaches room temperature or wipe it dry before using the lid.
- Stretches to almost an inch beyond the original size
- Extra-thick, durable silicone material
- Safe for use on baby products
- Dishwasher-safe and freezer-safe
- Waterproof and stackable
- Comes with a three-year warranty
These silicone stretch lids are extra thick can be used over and over again. The six-pack contains covers of different sizes, varying from 2.6in to 8.2in to fit small to large containers. They have enough elasticity to stretch for a secure fit.
- Non-toxic and eco-friendly silicone material
- Easy to clean and durable
- Airtight seal prevents spills
- Free from lead, phthalates, plastic, and BPA
- Can be used on round and square containers
The Darunaxy reusable silicone bowl covers are available in a set of six assorted colors and in one size. They are 6.5 inches in diameter and could be stretched up to 7.5 inches. They are made of non-toxic, BPA-free, and food-grade silicone that is safe to use.
- Anti-skid inner ring with ideal adsorption performance
- Leakproof and keeps the food fresh
- Can withstand temperatures between 40°F and 400°F
- Comes with one silicone dishwashing brush and one collapsible kitchen funnel
- Easy to clean
These round lids for fresh food and leftovers are flexible and durable, preventing the usage of disposable plastic wraps. The 12-piece set comes in two colors and six different sizes, to fit containers of all sizes and shapes. They perfectly seal plastic, metal, or glass containers and prevent leakage.
- Resistant to temperatures between -30°C and 230°C
- Transparent lids to organize fruits or vegetables easily
- Fits square, round, and irregular shape containers
- Lids are round and smooth
- Airtight seal keeps food fresh
- Dishwasher-safe and easy to clean
Degbit stretchy reusable lids come in six sizes: 2.6in, 3.8in, 4.4in, 5.5in, 6.2in, and 8in. They are compatible with cups, pots, mason jars, dog or cat food cans, or half-cut fruits or vegetables. The leakproof design prevents spilling from a container, no matter what the shape.
- Fits on rectangular, squared, and round containers
- Free from BPA, phthalates, plastic, and lead
- Does not give any chemical odor and is safe to use for baby products, too
- Available in blue and clear colors
- Dishwasher and microwave-safe
- Does not tear or warp
How To Choose The Right Silicone Stretch Lids?
Consider these aspects when choosing silicone stretch lids.
- Shape: Most stretch covers are round lids that can fit any shape. They are also available in rectangular or square shapes, but they are less flexible compared to their round counterparts.
- Size: Silicone stretch lids range in size and are suitable for containers of various sizes. Each lid can also stretch up to three times its original size. Some sets contain lids of a particular size, while some have assorted sizes.
- Color: Most of the reusable lids are clear and see-through. Others come in light blue, pink, or green colors.
- Tags: Look for silicone lids with tags or tabs that help in adjusting them to form a proper seal.
- Ease of cleaning: They should be non-porous, and food should not stick to the lid, which makes them easy to clean, and almost always dishwasher-safe.
Silicone stretch lids are super convenient and can make a dish or container usable even if its original lid is lost or broken. Make a note of the size and color, heat resistance, and shape that you would prefer, and compare the features of the different options you have shortlisted to make your selection process easy.