Silicone stretch lids are stretchable, reusable, and can cover utensils of all sizes and shapes. We have compiled a list of the best silicone stretch lids for your convenience. They are economical, eco-friendly, and good alternatives to aluminum foil and plastic wraps, making them a favorite among several home experts. These lids are useful for covering bowls, plates, coffee mugs, pots, juice bottles, glass jars, food cans, and half-cut vegetables and fruits such as jackfruit, pumpkins, or melons. They help extend your food’s shelf life and freshness, and are pretty versatile, as they can be used with metal, glass, plastic, and ceramic utensils. So, read on to find some tried-and-tested and expert-recommended stretch lids that suit your needs.
11 Best Silicone Stretch Lids
1. Best Non-Toxic: Daily Kisn Silicone Stretch Lids
Storing foods in a cup, jar, glassware, bowl, and even dish plate is made convenient with the Daisy Kisn silicone stretch lids. These durable lids are available in six sizes to ensure they fit your utensils well. The leak-proof and tear-resistant design makes food preservation easy, and you can store them in your fridge and freezer as well. Since they’re stretchable and durable, they will last you quite a long time.
- Made of 100% food-grade, BPA-free silicone
- Tested to withstand hot and cold temperatures
- Come with handy taps
- Leak-proof lids
- May take time to dry after being washed
- May be hard to fit if the utensil is wet
"I've found these stretchable lids to be pretty nifty. They snugly fit various bowl sizes, help reseal my cans of cat food, and are a good option for odd-shaped containers. While the largest size may not cover your biggest bowl, they do prevent leaks and are a breeze to clean."
This lid may not work on a wet surface since the rim has to be dry for the lid to slide and latch over it firmly.
2. Best Versatile: Eco Lifestyle Stretchable Silicone Lids
This set of 12 silicone lids contains lids of six different sizes, making them ideal for different container sizes and shapes. They stick instantly due to their ability to stretch around the mouth of the container, creating an airtight cover. The leakproof lids keep the leftovers fresh for a prolonged time. These circular and versatile lids fit round, oval, square, or any odd-shaped containers.
- Tags offer a comfortable grip and pull
- Non-toxic, BPA-free lids
- Dishwasher-safe and microwave oven-safe
- Reusable silicone lids save money and minimize waste
- Resistant to heat, cold, and tear
- Safe to put in the refrigerator and freezer
- May sit on the rim of the bowl
- May feel unsymmetric with plastic bowls
"I've started using these silicone lids as a sustainable alternative to plastic wrap, and they're serving me well. They fit a range of containers, especially if the lid and the container are dry. After being put through regular use and dishwashing, they've proven durable."
3. Best For Small Containers: Longzon Silicone Stretch Lids, 12 Pack
The Longzon silicone lids are round and measure 2.6 inches in diameter to fit small food storage containers. These convenient lids are available in pink, blue, yellow, and white. You may use these stretchy silicone lids for small cups, bowls, cans, glasses, pop cans, soda cans, fruits, and mason jars.
- Durable lids do not tear or warp
- Do not tear or warp
- Easy to stretch and use
- Free from BPA, lead, plastic, and phthalates
- Independently lab-tested for safety
- Fits well only with exact matching bowls
- Material might seem thin
"These silicone stretch lids have been a practical solution for maintaining the freshness of my canned goods and leftovers. They're remarkably stretchy, and I like that they return to their original shape after use."
Daily Kisn Silicone Stretch Lids
Eco Lifestyle Stretchable Silicone Lids
Longzon Silicone Stretch Lids 12 Pack
Best For Small Containers
|Glass, Silicone, Plastic
|7.64 x 7.13 x 0.79 inches
|4"L x 4"W
4. Best Microwave-Safe: True Nature Silicone Stretch Food Covers 12-Pack
Made of BPA-free and food-grade silicone, these food covers from True Nature are suitable for covering small, medium, and large food storage containers. The stackable lids provide an airtight, leak-proof seal and are easy to clean.
- Microwave-safe and oven-safe
- Withstands temperatures up to 445°F
- Comes in 12 square and circle shapes
- Sizes range from 2.5 inches to 8 inches in diameter
- May rip off if it doesn’t match the bowl size
- May face issue with square lids
"These silicone covers keep my food fresh and odors contained. I like how they can be neatly stored in the bag that comes with the set. My only issue is they don't fit my larger containers. Still, they've been a decent buy."
Since almost all silicone stretch lids are dishwasher safe, you can wash them in the dishwasher regularly and keep them clean hassle-free.
Give a new twist to the old storage container tops with Orblue silicone stretch lids. Available in a pack of six, they are 2.6 inches in size and can be used on cups, small soup bowls, and glasses. For best results, make sure that both the lid and container are dry before use.
- Stretches up to 3.5in
- Small and handy
- Suitable for -40°F to 450°F temperature range
- Microwave-safe and freezer-safe
- Dishwasher-safe and leakproof
- May not work effectively for slim containers
- May not stretch well for certain container shapes
"These silicone lids have been handy for everything, from keeping my pet’s paw out of my cups to enhancing the longevity of my produce. Although a tad tricky to clean, their reusability more than compensates for the effort."
6. Best Premium Design: Basic Haus Microwave Cover Silicone Lids
Made with BPA-free and FDA-approved silicone, these expert-recommended Basic Haus silicone covers give a premium look to containers. The dark gray grippy lids can be used for covering a wide range of pots, Best Saute Pans With Lids, and skillets. You can use these sustainable lids for dishes on the stove, in the oven, microwave, refrigerator, or the freezer.
- Thick and durable
- Little tabs on the side make it easy to peel and open
- Adhesive hooks for easy hanging on the kitchen wall or storing inside the cabinet
- Available in five sizes of 6, 8, 10, 12, and 14 inches
- Fits rimmed containers of stainless steel, plastic, metal, Pyrex, ceramic, and melamine
- Freezer-safe lids
- May attract moisture when placed on greasy dishes
- Might get quite hot
"After testing these silicone lids, their versatility has stood out as they fit both round and square containers. They provide a strong seal and are helpful for various kitchen tasks. Just ensure you don't overstretch them."
7. Best For Rectangular Containers: Longzon 12pcs Silicone Stretch Lids Rectangular
Longzon silicone stretch lids are suitable for rectangular containers and come in six different sizes. There are 12 pieces of rectangular silicone lids available in two colors for covering bowls, dishes, jars, cans, and containers of various sizes. You should wait until the container reaches room temperature or wipe it dry before using the lid.
- Stretches to almost an inch beyond the original size
- Extra-thick, durable silicone material
- Safe for use on baby products
- Dishwasher-safe and freezer-safe
- Waterproof and stackable
- Comes with a three-year warranty
- May not sit well with curvy edges
- May not be firm with wet rim bowls
"Testing out these stretch lids proved quite valuable. They are lighter than my previous set and have been good replacements for my cling wrap. I only wish they had a larger size for my bigger bowls."
8. Best Long-Lasting: Yazjiwan Silicone Stretch Lids
The silicone stretch lids are extra thick and can be used repeatedly. The six-pack contains covers of different sizes, varying from 2.6in to 8.2in to fit small to large containers. These eco-friendly lids have enough elasticity to stretch for a secure fit.
- Non-toxic and eco-friendly silicone material
- Easy to clean and durable
- Airtight seal prevents spills
- Free from lead, phthalates, plastic, and BPA
- Can be used on round and square containers
- Independently lab-tested for safety
- May blow off on one side of the bowl
- Sits well only on dry bowl rim
"They snugly fit over all my containers and create an air-tight seal that keeps the leftovers fresh. Plus, they have been durable enough to survive both hand-washing and dishwasher cycles."
9. Best Stretchable: Darunaxy Silicone Stretch Lids, 6 pcs Assorted Color
The Darunaxy reusable silicone bowl covers are available in a set of six assorted colors and in one size. They are 6.5 inches in diameter and could be stretched up to 7.5 inches. These airtight silicone lids are made of non-toxic, BPA-free, and food-grade silicone, making them ideal for sealing containers with hot food items.
- Anti-skid inner ring with ideal adsorption performance
- Leakproof and keeps the food fresh
- Tried and tested to withstand temperatures between 40°F and 400°F
- Comes with one silicone dishwashing brush and one collapsible kitchen funnel
- Easy-to-clean lids
- May feel a little hard to put on
- May rip if used on bowls with semi-sharp or sharp edges
"In my quest to find a creative solution for my lidless ramekins and bowls, I found these silicone lids. They are handy for keeping dishes fresh in the fridge. They fit snugly and maintain an airtight seal, so I no longer need plastic wrap or wax paper."
Since this stretch lid may not be completely airtight, avoid storing foods that may dry upon contact with air.
10. Best Durable: Mavgv Silicone Stretch Lids
These round lids for fresh food and leftovers are flexible and durable, preventing the usage of disposable plastic wraps. The high-quality silicone lids perfectly seal plastic, metal, or glass containers and prevent leakage. This 12-piece airtight silicone stretch lid set comes in two colors and six different sizes to fit containers of all sizes and shapes.
- Resistant to temperatures between -30°C and 230°C
- Transparent lids to organize fruits or vegetables easily
- Fits square, round, and irregular shape containers
- Lids are round and smooth
- Airtight seal keeps food fresh
- Dishwasher-safe lids
- Easy to clean
- Grip on the edge may not be adequate
- May not stretch more than an inch
"Upon using these stretch lids for various tasks, I've found them to be super stretchy and versatile in the kitchen. They can be a tad tricky to clean, but I love that they are a reusable and eco-friendly alternative to disposable wraps. A good addition to my kitchen essentials."
11. Best Odor-Free: DB Degbit Silicone Stretch Lids
Degbit stretchy reusable silicone lids come in six sizes: 2.6in, 3.8in, 4.4in, 5.5in, 6.2in, and 8in. These food storage lids are compatible with cups, pots, mason jars, dog or cat food cans, or half-cut fruits or vegetables. Furthermore, the leak-proof design of these affordable lids prevent spilling, no matter what the shape of the container.
- Fits on rectangular, squared, and round containers
- Free from BPA, phthalates, plastic, and lead
- Does not give any chemical odor and is safe to use for baby products, too
- Available in blue and clear colors
- Microwave oven-safe lids
- Does not warp
- May not offer a great grip
- Tabs might break while adjusting
"These reusable lids have been quite a handy solution to the problem of lost and cracked lids in my kitchen. They stretch over various containers and cups and offer a tight seal. They've helped me cut down on plastic wrap use."
How To Choose The Right Silicone Stretch Lids?
Consider these aspects when choosing silicone stretch lids.
- Shape: Most stretch covers are round lids that can fit any shape. They are also available in rectangular or square shapes, but they are less flexible compared to their round counterparts.
- Size: Silicone stretch lids range in size and are suitable for containers of various sizes. Each lid can also stretch up to three times its original size. Some sets contain lids of a particular size, while some have assorted sizes.
- Color: Most of the reusable lids are clear and see-through. Others come in light blue, pink, or green colors.
- Tags: Look for silicone covers or lids with tags or tabs that help in adjusting them to form a tight seal.
- Ease of cleaning: They should be non-porous, and food should not stick to the lid, which makes them easy to clean, and almost always dishwasher-safe.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are silicone stretch lids airtight?
Since silicone lids are stretchable and flexible, they contour as per the shape of the bowl or box they are put on, thus making them effectively airtight.
2. Are silicone lids safe to use?
Although silicone cookware is a new advent which is still under scholarly scrutiny in terms of its long-term use, it’s better to let your food cool down at least to room temperature before covering it with a silicone lid. Therefore, always choose high-quality, food-grade silicone lids.
3. How do silicone stretch lids work?
The stretchable quality of silicone is the result of its entropy- the way the molecules are arranged. In its static form, the molecules are randomly placed. But when stretched, they get aligned, thus making silicone highly flexible.
4. How do I stretch silicone lids?
Place and secure the silicone lid at one end of the bowl or box. While holding this spot with your thumbs, pull to stretch the remaining silicone lid with your fingers over all the sides of the utensil.
5. Are silicone stretch lids microwave-safe?
Most reputed silicone lids are microwave-safe, freezer-safe, and dishwasher-safe since silicone generally is a good insulator of heat. However, the features may vary from brand to brand. Therefore, do read the use and care instructions provided by the manufacturer.
6. Does silicone leach when heated?
High-quality BPA-free food-grade silicone can withstand heat up to 400℉. Since studies are still ongoing about its long-term effects, it is recommended to always pre-clean silicone cookware before introducing it to heat to reduce any food migration (1).
Why Trust MomJunction?
Sakshi John is a highly experienced writer and reviewer who covers household products and kitchenware. She has researched and compiled this list of the best silicone stretch lids based on consumer reviews and feedback. In addition, she has analyzed multiple aspects of the products, such as the size, durability, and cost, and the opinions of home experts to help you find the right pick according to your requirements and budget.
Silicone stretch lids are highly multifunctional as they can fit any shape or size of utensils. The best silicone stretch lids are affordable and widely available in the market. However, remember that you must check out the shape carefully before buying it to ensure the product can satisfy all your expectations. Likewise, the size of the lid should also be kept in consideration. For small bowls and food jars, we recommend the tear-resistant Longzon Silicone Stretch Lids. However, the Basic Haus Microwave Cover Silicone Lids is a good fit for large pots and pans. If you need an assortment of sizes, go for the Daily Kisn Silicone Stretch Lids. Lastly, ensure the product you select is easy to clean, use, and maintain.
Infographic: Advantages Of Using Silicone Stretch Lids
Silicone lids are a great alternative to plastic wraps and other disposable materials used in food storage. These stretchy lids adhere to virtually any surface due to their natural suction, creating an airtight seal to keep the food fresh. Read our infographic for more information on the advantages of using silicone stretch lids.
- Siloxane In Baking Molds Emission To Indoor Air, And Migration To Food During Baking With An Electric Oven: