Silk is a natural fabric that is soft, breathable, and keeps you warm during winters. The best silk comforters are durable, easy to maintain, and soft. Silk is also known to have fewer allergens and hence is suitable for people with hypersensitivity.
Silk comforters come in many colors and designs. To help you choose one that suits you, we have compiled a list that you can use to buy the best one for yourself.
Our Top Picks
11 Best Silk Comforters
1. Best Stylish: A Nice Night Satin Silky Soft Quilt
Stylish and long-lasting, this queen-size silk comforter by A Nice Night is durable with strong stitching and is shrink-and fade-resistant. Due to its polyester microfiber blend, the comforter offers good breathability and is machine-washable. It’s lightweight and has a soft texture to keep you warm and cozy throughout the night.
2. Best Hypoallergenic: Madison Park Essentials Brystol 24-Piece Room In A Bag Bedding Set
The elegant paisley-designed faux silk bedding by Madison Park Essentials is made of machine-washable, high-quality jacquard that is resistant to wear and tear. It is hypoallergenic and comes in multiple colors. The set includes a comforter, two pillowcases, two euro shams, four window panels, sheets, and more.
3. Best Lightweight: Silk Camel Luxury Comforter
The mulberry silk-filled comforter by Silk Camel is ideal for summers. It has a cotton shell that offers good breathability, while its pure silk fillings keep you warm and cozy at night. The comforter comes with side and corner taps to help prevent slippage. It is lightweight and comes with a travel bag to carry along easily.
4. Best Durable: LilySilk All-Season Silk Comforter
LilySilk silk-filled duvet is built to provide you warmth and comfort in every season. It has a cotton exterior and pure mulberry silk stuffed inside to help you maintain a consistent body temperature despite seasonal variations. This dual-integrated design makes it durable and helps prevent any breakage of its long-strand silk floss. To maintain the duvet’s position, this queen-size comforter comes with four corner taps. Although not suitable for machine wash, this comforter is easy to air-clean.
5. Best Breathable: Moon’s Sleepwares Silk Comforter
Ideal for all seasons, this comforter has a durable cotton sateen casing and mulberry silk filling. Its dual design can control your body temperature in hot and cold weather and offers better ventilation. The set includes a spring and a summer duvet. The comforter is lightweight, soft, and breathable and comes with a vacuum bag and a storage bag.
6. Best For Thermal Regulation: Raytrue-X White King Size Comforter Set
Raytrue-X comforter for king-size beds is made of microfibers, which provide enhanced thermal regulation, breathability, and durability. It is light, provides an easy drape, and is machine-washable. You can use it every season. Its textured jacquard design paired with a shiny, silky exterior complements most room interiors.
7. Best Easy-To-Maintain: Cuddle Dreams Silk Comforter
The pure cotton cover and silk filling of this twin-size comforter by Cuddle Dreams make it ideal for summer and winter. This silk comforter uses the traditional Chinese filling technique of long silk strands to provide an even texture. Lightweight and breathable, it can control your body temperature without feeling bulky during your sleep. You can use it with duvet covers. The easy-to-maintain comforter needs to be aired each season.
8. Best Machine-Washable: Mommesilk All-Seasons Silk Comforter
Mommesilk silk-filled comforter is composed of natural and long fibers that are durable and less prone to breakage. Due to its pure silk composition, this queen-size comforter is gentle on the skin. The pure silk strands have high-tensile strength and are spread out evenly for a comfortable night’s sleep. To tuck the quilt firmly, the comforter comes with eight corner taps. It is easy to maintain, machine-washable, breathable, and lightweight.
9. Best Queen-Size: SilKicah Mulberry Silk Comforter
The queen-size comforter offers a comfortable sleeping experience with its ventilated and lightweight material. It is made of pure cotton covering paired with pure long-strand mulberry silk filling. This mulberry silk comforter helps maintain body temperature in most seasons. It is hypoallergenic and should be used with a protective cover for durability. You can tie the comforter comfortably to the duvet with its four corner taps and side loops.
10. Best Moisture Retention: Share Silk Summer Silk Comforter
The silk comforter by Share Silk has a cotton casing and pure silk filling to offer comfort and maintain body temperature. It is box-stitched to keep the silk leveled and to prevent it from clumping. Due to the good moisture retention abilities, this king-size comforter keeps the bed dry despite warm temperatures on the outside. It is bound on the four corners to prevent the buckle design from hurting your body. You can easily maintain this comforter through a machine or dry wash.
11. Best For All Seasons: Zimasilk Mulberry Silk Comforter
The pure mulberry silk composition of this comforter makes it breathable and lightweight. You can use this comforter in all the seasons as it provides heat during winters and coolness during summers. It has been box-stitched to prevent the filling from being clumped in one spot. You can check the filling with its side-opening design. This queen-size comforter is gentle on the skin due to its pure cotton casing. It is machine-washable and can be used with a duvet cover for longevity.
How To Choose The Right Silk Comforters?
Here are the features to consider while purchasing a silk comforter:
- Grade: Silk is divided into A, B, and C grades. A-grade silk is of the highest quality with long fibers and resistance to clumps. This is the ideal grade you should look for while purchasing a comforter.
- Material: Choose comforters with cotton covering to protect the silk from external damage. Check if the silk is natural, artificial, or blended.
- Protective cover: Make sure to use a duvet cover with your silk comforter, especially while washing. These covers protect your comforters from dirt and moisture, reducing your need to wash the comforter frequently.
- Type of silk: Mulberry silk offers good moisture retention and is one of the most durable silks produced. Habutai and Tussah silk may not be long-lasting.
- Weight: Heavier comforters are more suitable for winters than lighter ones. A few comforters come with a heavier winter comforter and a lighter summer variant. You can use such variants based on the weather.
Silk comforters are an essential bedroom accessory for those with hypersensitive skin. Moreover, they give your bedroom a rich and luxurious feel with their shiny texture. When choosing a comforter, look for ones that are durable, easy to wash and maintain, and most importantly, soft and gentle on the skin. The best ones come in a variety of styles, designs, and colors, so you can amp up your room while giving yourself the gift of peaceful, relaxed sleep.
Why Trust MomJunction?
When you have a smooth, silky bedding cloth, it can give your room a rich and comforting feel. Holding your convenience and comfort in mind, Sakshi John has done a detailed web search and compiled a list of the best quality and highly durable silk comforters. If you are concerned about picking the right silk comforter for your room, check out our purchasing guide before selecting the best product as per your preferences.