With smaller homes becoming a norm and necessity today, the room that ends up being compromised most on is the kitchen. A smaller kitchen means less counter space and less counter space warrants for fewer appliances and items to be placed on the counter permanently. While hob cooking will always have priority when it comes to space on the counter, the one thing that can easily move into a fixed cabinet and free up space on the kitchen granite is a single wall oven.
Not only are single electric wall ovens easier to use when they are placed in a separate wall cabinet, they also give you additional space to do prep work on the kitchen slab. Be prepared to enjoy evenly cooked and freshly grilled meals with this list of the best single wall ovens available in 2021. Let us now take a look at a curated list of the 10 best single wall ovens to buy in 2021
10 Best Single Wall Ovens This 2021
The COSTWAY 24”Built-In Single Wall Oven is perfect for family dinners and parties thanks to its multiple cooking settings that allow you to prepare different types of dishes. This single electric wall oven lets you select from a wide range of temperature options. It is also equipped with a special timer that controls when the electric oven must shut down once cooking is complete. Once the programmed cooking time is over, the oven automatically makes a sound and turns off so you don’t have to man the oven when food is being cooked, to turn it off. This single wall oven also features a cooling fan that cools down the exterior of the cooking appliance so that safety is maintained even when food is being cooked at high temperatures. The oven temperature ranges from 100 to 450°F and can be embedded to be contained in the wall cabinet, thus giving you a tidy kitchen.
- Made using galvanized sheet and glass
- Oven shuts off automatically when it overheats so food is not overcooked.
- Preset timer options are available with an alarm to let you know cake is ready.
- Includes 3 control knobs for settings and can be used easily by people of all ages.
- Features 4 different cooking modes: baking, toasting, broiling and keeping food warm.
- Includes 3 separate heating pipes that build a vertical and bidirectional heating field so food is crispy outside and soft on the inside.
- Installation of the oven may be hard when using the manual.
The Empava 24” Electric Single Wall Oven has been engineered and designed in the USA and can be easily installed under an Empava induction or gas cooktop. This multifunctional electric single wall oven is an under-counter oven and contains 4 basic cooking modes. It is also certified by US and Canada ETL and is an economy basic model that can fit most budgets. With timer zones between 10 to 120 minutes you can cook almost everything under the sun in this oven with 2.3 cubic feet cooking capacity. Racks can be placed in 5 different levels giving you the flexibility to cook small to large items all in the same oven. The oven is also equipped with 3 layers of tempered glass along with a low-emissivity coating technology which heats up the oven 250% faster with less energy. The outside of the oven remains cool too so that you don’t burn your fingers. The interior of the oven is easy to clean and is resistant to stain and heat discoloration.
- Can heat from 50°F to 450°F
- Includes a cable that is 4 feet long
- Made using stainless steel with tempered glass
- Can be installed in an RV or mobile home as well.
- The oven dimensions are 23.43 x 20.67 x 23.43 inches
- The manual may have some errors with regard to installation.
The Gasland Chef Single Wall Oven features a tempered glass door with upgraded 3 layers of black tempered glass and has the ability to isolate steam released from high temperature safely. This single wall oven is ETL certified for use in the US and Canada and has a handle made of aluminum alloy fixed on a door that can be removed when maintenance calls for it. The oven features 9 different multi functional modes of cooking and uses 240 V for power supply. The modes of cooking include grill, defrost, conventional, cotton heating, convection, oven light, cooling down fan , temperature controller as well as timer. This electric single wall oven has a built in size of 22 x 23 x 22 inches which is standard for most kitchens and perfect for quick installation just in time for your house warming party.
- Includes a 3-touch digital timer.
- Oven has a capacity of 2.3 cubic feet.
- Has passed the drop standard with 1A certification.
- Features 5 grooves with a capacity of 5 different shelves.
- Includes 24” wall oven, red gloves, baking tray and grill and an instruction manual.
- The door glass in the oven may not be completely transparent.
The Frigidaire Gallery Stainless Steel Electric Single Wall Oven boasts of a quick preheat setting that can prepare your oven for cooking in just a few minutes. With true convection features, it also includes a third heating element along with a single convection fan that circulates hot air through the oven for even and faster multi rack baking. It also has the latest steam cleaning technology that makes the oven spic and span in as quickly as 20 minutes in an odor and chemical-free manner. Another quick clean option cleans the oven in 2 hours using the self clean cycle. The stainless steel used in the oven is smudge proof and doesn’t let fingerprints settle on the body. You can keep your cooked food warm by selecting a single button for a keep warm setting so that even if your guests are late your food will still be hot and fresh to serve when they arrive.
- Features added power so you can broil food faster.
- Even baking technology makes sure food is not cooked unevenly.
- The oven weighs 27 pounds and is 23.5 x 28.5 x 27.3 inches in size.
- You can easily add a minute to the food cycle without having to pause or stop the cooking.
- The door may sometimes open unevenly.
The Cosmo Electric Single Wall Oven is designed in such a way that you can cook more food faster and at a temperature that is lower than what most standard ovens use. This means your food will be extremely soft on the inside and completely cooked through. The space inside the oven is 5 cubic feet and the single electric wall oven uses a hidden bake element that distributes the heat evenly within the cavity of the oven. Cleaning the oven is also easy as the floor can be accessed without any obstacles in the way. The oven offers 7 functions – broil, bake, proof, warm, bake, convection bake, convection roast and convection broil. The dimensions of the oven are 29.88 x 28.4 x 28.44 inches and the electrical requirements are 4800 watts and 240V. In order to ensure advanced safety the oven cavity has a cooling ventilation system so heat can be dissipated safely and the oven is protected from general overheating.
- Features a sleek digital control panel to execute recipes easily.
- Made using durable stainless steel and blue porcelain interior for a bold look
- Includes a self cleaning feature that uses high temperature to get rid of spills and burn marks.
- Built in temperature probe is available to make sure all meats are cooked at perfect temperature even internally.
- The oven may overheat at a temperature that is higher than what may be displayed.
The Gasland Chef 24” Built-In Electric Oven is a single wall oven that uses 240 V for power supply and a 3200 W output. It offers 11 various cooking modes that include grill, defrost, convection, conventional 3D cooking with cooling down fan, rotisserie, oven light, timer and temperature controller and bottom heating. The oven has a capacity of 65 L and has a special sensor touch control along with digital display. This oven with its smooth black tempered glass exterior has robust edges and can be cleaned very easily once you are done cooking. This one wall oven has also passed the drop standard with 1A ranking and is one of the best single wall ovens that you can install in your kitchen, RV or studio apartment.
- Durable and rust-free, lasts long.
- Includes a 3 layer tempered glass door
- Fits easily in a standard 24” cavity meant for wall ovens.
- Complies with ETL safety standards in the US and Canada.
- Set includes an oven, glove and rotisserie, baking tray and grill and an instruction manual in English and French.
- The settings in the display may be only symbols and no words..
The GE Electric Single Wall Oven is a modern and sleek looking oven that has a glass touch screen and electronic controls for ease of operation. It also features control lockout that prevents unsupervised or unintentional use so that safety is promoted. The oven also includes a standard option to clean the oven with steam and a delay clean option as well that you can fit into your schedule. This built-in single electric wall oven has a stainless steel finish that seamlessly goes well with most kitchens. The oven has a capacity of 5 cu ft and the inside of the oven can be wiped clean easily if required.
- Certified with Star-K, UL and is ADA-compliant.
- 3 shelves in the oven can be used at the same time.
- The oven can be installed under a hob or in a fixed cabinet too.
- The shelves in the oven may be uneven.
The Frigidaire Gas Single Wall Oven is a 3.3 cu. ft. capacity oven that features an even baking technology and has Vari-Broil option with temperature control. The oven also has ready select controls with pre-set instructions so that you do not spend too much time in front of the oven setting up the time and cooking temperature every time you want to make something new. The oven also includes a storage drawer which gives you added space for accessories. The stainless steel finish of the oven makes it an ideal addition to the kitchen without having to think too much about whether it will match with your decor or not. This oven runs on natural gas so make sure you have a gas supply available in your kitchen from beforehand.
- Easy to install
- ADA compliant
- Can be used with LP gas as well
- The oven may not be a self-cleaning one
The Electrolux Stainless Steel Electric Single Wall Oven is a convection oven that has a lot to offer. Simplify cooking with the help of this 4.8 cu. ft. capacity oven that is perfect for a family of 4 members to ensure your everyday meals are taken care of. With a fast preheat feature you no longer have to time your meals with an additional 2-30 minutes devoted to only allowing the oven to reach the optimum temperature. The luxury glide oven rack makes changing racks easy and joyful and anyone at home can get their hands on grilling and baking in this kitchen oven. The touch controls of the oven are extremely well devices and have an IQ touch feature for smart cooking.
- Requires a 30” cutout.
- Includes a bread proofing feature.
- Stainless Steel finish and sleek design makes it a must have in every kitchen.
- The warranty may be limited to one year only.
The HYAKI 24 in Built-In Electric Single Wall Oven is perfect for preparing family meals and meals for larger parties and groups. This single electric wall oven features 12 different cooking modes so you can cook an array of recipes using a single kitchen appliance. The door of the oven is made using double layered tempered glass through which you can also keep an eye on your food as it is being prepared. A forced cooling exhaust system is also present so that the oven cools down quickly once the meal is ready. The inner tank of the oven is easy to clean thanks to the smooth enamel finish and this oven is ideal for installation under the counter in homes as well as in RVs.
- 4 feet cable is included.
- Child lock option is available.
- Includes a full panel control console.
- Temperature can vary between 50°F to 450°F
- Heating elements are present on left, right and rear positions.
- You may need a professional to install the oven for you.
Here is a small guide that will help you choose and buy the best single wall oven for your kitchen.
How To Choose The Right Single Wall Ovens?
Choosing the right single wall oven may seem like an easy process but there are some features and points that must be focused on. Here is a list of aspects you must consider before buying a single wall oven:
When it comes to single wall ovens, one of the most important things that you would want to consider as a buyer is the style of the oven. When installed, the front of the oven is visible in the kitchen and it should go well with your kitchen decor and style. You may also consider if you need a dingle wall oven that includes a cooktop as well or simply a wall fitted oven that can be integrated with the vertical cabinets.
- Power Source
Most ovens are powered by electricity or by gas and each has its own set of pros and cons. Gas ovens will always require a gas line in the kitchen and people may often be paranoid about gas leaks and avoid them. Gas ovens however heat and cool faster than ovens that run on electricity and gas is cheaper than power supply too. Electric ovens however just need a regular power supply outlet and cook food in an even manner when compared to gas ovens.
If you finalize on a single wall oven that includes a cooktop too, you may have to select between gas or electric cooktop as well. Gas models are often preferred for cooktops as they cook faster and more evenly at precise temperature. Electric cooktops however are cheaper and easier to clean and maintain.
The size of the oven on the inside or what more commonly is called capacity can vary among products. The oven capacity you prefer will depend on the type of food you eat and the number of people you cook for and have over on occasions. However, if you mostly cook for 1-2 people then a small oven will suffice.
Most one wall ovens have doors that open downward but some have other opening styles too. High end models may often have French style doors that are basically two smaller doors that open on each side. Side swing doors are also available that are similar to microwave doors.
Of course, features are a huge deciding factor when buying an oven. The more the features, the higher the cost of the oven. Convection cooking is a modern and high in demand feature that is expected in ovens along with the option of self-cleaning. Some important features that you may want to look for would be delayed start, accurate preheating, warmer drawer, and Wi-Fi connectivity.
Options among single wall ovens are plenty today and offer new and advanced features like touch screen, self cleaning, steam drying, dishwasher proof accessories and so much more. Based on your needs and budget, select a single wall oven that works best for your family size, meal preferences and entertainment habits. If you are stuck with making a choice between two ovens that offer identical features go with the one that matches your kitchen style and decor the most so that your kitchen looks neat, glamorous and well thought of. The best single wall ovens are the ones that cook your meal quickly, evenly and don’t require multiple setting choices but rather are equipped with pre set menu buttons that do the job.