A sit and stand stroller is a unique buggy that allows you to take two children out together without much hassle. These strollers usually come with two seats that can accommodate a baby and a toddler. The main functionality is that the baby can comfortably sit while the toddler can choose to sit or stand. These strollers are quite useful when you have two or more children and are available in a variety of models with unique features.
MomJunction shares a list of some of the best sit and stand strollers. Choose the one that suits your needs. But first, let’s talk about how to use them safely.
Safety Tips To Follow While Using a Sit and Stand Stroller
Although sit and stand strollers are useful when going out, there are a few safety tips to follow while using them.
- Keep the seat belts strapped as long as the child is inside the stroller.
- Never leave your children alone in the stroller.
- Engage the brakes whenever you are stopping, even if you are standing right next to it.
- Instruct your child to stand still and not do any sudden movements while standing on the stroller.
- Make sure the canopies are not completely closed, and there is air circulation.
- Clean the strollers frequently.
11 Best Sit and Stand Strollers
Do you have twin babies? Or a baby and a toddler? Then this sit and stand stroller might just come handy to make your visits to parks or outdoors manageable. Both your babies can sit comfortably, or one can sit and the other can stand in the rear.
- Children can sit or stand comfortably.
- Can convert from a stroller to a sit and stand buggy.
- Two infant car seats can be placed.
- Has cup holders, storage basket, and an easy-to-push handle.
- The stroller folds for easy storage and carrying.
- 360° rotating wheels and a sturdy build.
- No padding or cushion for the front seat.
- The storage basket cannot be accessed easily.
- Not all car seats fit.
- Some may find it too big.
With this sit and stand stroller, you can take your baby and your toddler out for a walk at the same time. The stroller comes with a storage basket and cup holders and is designed to let you push around the stroller while both your children are seated comfortably, or the older one is standing.
- Easy, one-click step to fit the car seat.
- Padded seat with a safety belt for the elder child.
- Handles on both sides to hold on while strolling.
- Front wheels can be locked.
- Reclining front seat.
- Pivoting child tray.
- Easy to fold and comes with a storage latch.
- Reclining front seat leaves no space for the bench seat.
- Hard plastic wheels might make it a bumpy ride.
- Child’s legs can reach the wheels or brakes.
Said to be designed for a toddler and a baby, this sit and stand stroller makes your visits to parks and malls comfortable. It is said to come with an extra-large canopy and a front reclining seat. This is also certified by JPMA and comes in three different colors,
- Compact design for easy storage.
- Older children can sit or stand.
- Compatible with various Caboose car seats.
- Easy to step in and out of the stroller for the toddler.
- Car seat adapter and removable child tray.
- Easy to push along narrow spaces and crowds.
- Has a parking brake.
- The elder child needs to tilt forward a little while sitting.
- No locking mechanism for the reclining seat.
- Upright handlebar- hard to push.
While using this sit and stand stroller, both your kids can sit comfortably, or your elder child could stand while strolling through the park. This stroller is said to be designed to hold two children up to 50lb each. The removable cup holders and the canopy, along with the large storage basket, make it a great pick.
- Extra space between infant and bench seat – elder child need not bend forward.
- Can fit car seats in the front or at the back.
- Easy one-button press to fold the entire stroller.
- The elder child can also sit in the front.
- Five-point safety belt.
- Easy to clean.
- Some may find the canopy is small.
- Small wheels might make it difficult to push.
- May not be compatible with most car seats.
This sit and stand stroller is said to be the lightest among the strollers from Joovy. Made of an aluminum frame, it is said to weigh only 22lb. Like other tandem strollers, it comes with a second seat and a platform for the older child to sit or stand. It comes in a variety of colors and other accessories on purchase.
- Lightweight and compact design.
- Three-point harness for the rear seat.
- Car seat adapter to fit most car seats.
- Extra-large canopy with a removal extension for the rear seat.
- Easy step in and out for the older child.
- Parent organizer and a large storage basket.
- Footrest isn’t in place when folded.
- Could be hard to turn when both the kids are seated.
- While folding, the canopy needs to be detached every time.
Said to be available in three different options, namely- Single stroller, Double stroller, and travel system, this sit and stand stroller is said to grow along with your family. It also comes with a dishwasher safe parent cup, phone holder, and removable child’s tray. The second seat can be purchased separately.
- Converts from single to double stroller in one step.
- Reclining infant seat can convert to a baby bassinet.
- Eight ways to travel with two children.
- Compatible with most car seats, offering an additional ten ways to ride.
- Three or five-point harness.
- Sturdy design
- One-hand fold.
- Plastic wheels could be difficult to push on uneven surfaces.
- Infant seat reclines only 15 to 20 degrees.
- Child seated at the back may not have the best view.
If you have three kids, then this big Caboose sit and stand stroller might come to your rescue during outdoor visits. This stroller can carry three children, up to 125lb. It comes with two full seats, a bench seat, and a platform for the older child to either sit or stand. It also comes with two child trays and two canopies.
- Can accommodate three children.
- A rear canopy extension for the third child.
- Narrow size to fit through doorways and store aisles.
- Folds to fit in a van or an SUV.
- Front and middle seats come with universal car seat adapters.
- Front wheels can be locked for safety.
- While fully loaded, turning could be tedious.
- Little legroom for the back seat.
- Plastic wheels could make maneuvering difficult.
This sit and stand stroller can accommodate two children with a front seat, back seat, and a back ride-on platform. It also comes with a parent tray with two cup holders, a storage compartment, and a storage basket.
- Foldable front seat to fit a car seat.
- Five-point and three-point seat belts.
- Rubber wheels for more grip and easy maneuverability.
- Easy to fold and a handle to carry.
- Easy-grip handles and a padded backrest for toddlers while standing.
- Front and rear access to the storage basket.
- Cup holders not deep enough.
- The front seat doesn’t recline.
- Need to remove the canopy while folding.
Yet another stroller that can make outdoor visits with your kids more enjoyable and less tiresome. It accommodates two children, each of 50lb weight. It also comes with removal cup holders and a child tray.
- Car seats fit both in the front and the rear.
- Rear brake can be activated with foot, and locking wheels.
- Large storage basket.
- Easy, one-hand fold.
- Five-point safety belts.
- Reclining seat.
- Hard to access the storage basket.
- Some might find the foot brakes hard to engage.
- The seat doesn’t recline enough.
Said to be made with high-quality eco-friendly fabric, this sit and stand stroller from INBABY might provide you a hassle-free and comfortable outing with your munchkins. It comes with a front seat, a rear bench, and a platform that can accommodate two children weighing up to 45lb, and 100lb. It also comes with a storage basket, parent cup holder, and a child tray.
- Stable aluminum frame.
- Extendable canopy.
- Adjustable front footrest.
- Five-point safety belt.
- Semi-reclining front seat.
- 360° rotating front wheels.
- Rapid braking system.
- Some might find folding and opening tedious.
- Can take up more trunk space.
- Not compatible with car seats.
This sit and stand stroller from Baby Trends can carry two children at once. One child can sit on the front seat, whereas the other child can either sit on the back seat or stand on the platform. Additionally, it also comes with a removable child tray and a cup holder and a large storage basket.
- Takes two car seats.
- Can accommodate children up to 40lbs each.
- Front-wheel suspension for a comfortable ride.
- Two removable canopies.
- Two five-point safety belts.
- Easy one-hand fold.
- Canopies are too low.
- Footrest is too close.
- Some may find it too big to fit in the car trunk.
How To Choose The Right Sit and Stand Stroller?
Here are a few noteworthy points to keep in mind while choosing a sit and stand stroller that can accommodate both toddlers and babies.
- Weight: Always check the maximum capacity the stroller can bear. This is quite important as some strollers might trip when there’s excessive load. Keep in mind that this stroller stays with your child for long, so consider the weight your child might attain while growing.
- Design: Go for a lightweight stroller, but make sure it has a sturdy design and is easy to push around. Check the wheel suspensions and the push handles as these determine the maneuverability.
- Safety: This is another aspect that cannot be compromised. Check if the stroller has safety features such as seat belts, brake systems, padded seats, etc.
- Additional features: Look for any additional features such as cup holders, parent organizers, storage baskets, etc., which could add value to the stroller.
[ Read : Babyhug Symphony Stroller ]
Be it a trip to Disney world or a long stroll in the nearby park, these sit and stand strollers might help you to keep your children well-rested. Babies can also nap inside these strollers, whereas toddlers can rest their little feet whenever they are tired.