If you suffer from back and neck pain caused by uncomfortable sitting positions, here’s our list of the best sit-up pillows to help you choose the right one. With a sit-up pillow, you can easily find a comfortable and relaxing position while reading a book, working on a laptop, or watching TV. These pillows are designed to provide optimal back support to prevent muscle cramps or pains. They help keep your posture correct and are soft to ensure comfort. So, check out the various available options to choose a pillow that fits your requirements.
Our Top Picks
15 Best Sit Up Pillows
1. Best For Back Muscles: Milliard Reading Pillow With Shredded Memory Foam
Milliard offers a plush foam pillow to curl up in the bed or couch or sit on the floor without hurting your back muscles. The CertiPUR-certified pillow measures 18×15 inches, and its petite and extra-large sizes fit short and tall individuals. This is a back pillow with arms for added comfort. Watch this video for more information about the product.
- Has foam insert to customize comfort
- Comes with a handle for carrying
- Has an easy-to-remove and washable zippered cover
- Works well for conditions related to acid reflux or nasal congestion
- Makes a soft seating
- Made of highly flammable foam
2. Best To Relieve Pressure: Relax Home Life 7.5i Bed Wedge Pillow
A good night’s sleep is often interrupted by discomfort and pain caused by heartburn and acid reflux. The Relax wedge pillows relieve pressure on sensitive areas of your body. Made of 40% bamboo and 60% polyester, the pillow is designed to keep you safely elevated to deal with heartburn and acid reflux. With the top layer made of 1.5in memory foam, the triangle-shaped pillow helps your breathing while providing additional support to your back.
- Curated for back, stomach, or side sleepers
- Comes with a cover made of bamboo viscose
- Soft and luxurious cover
- Easy to remove and machine-washable cover
- Aids in treating various medical conditions
- May not be comfortable
3. Best For Orthopedic Issues: Cushy Form Bed Wedge Pillow
If you are looking for a pillow that works as a recliner on your bed, Cushy Form Wedge Pillow can be a perfect choice. The pillow measures 25x24x12 inches and offers good back support while you relax on your bed. The top layer is cushioned with 1.5 inches of memory foam to support you while reading, resting, or sleeping. The bed rest pillow can be adjusted as per your needs. This video helps you know more about the product.
- Offers relief from different orthopedic issues
- Foam contouring creates a comfortable slope
- Firm wedge design that does not collapse
- Comes with a washable and breathable cover
- Offers money-back guarantee
- May not be comfortable for people who toss and turn while sleeping
4. Best Odor-Free: All Set Health Bed Wedge Pillow With Folding Memory Foam Incline
If you have sleep apnea and snore because of it, the AllSet wedge pillow can be a great buy. The memory foam bed wedge pillow is set up at an angle of 30 to 60 degrees, which means it is perfectly angled to promote breathing, enhance blood flow, reduce snoring, and offer support to your back and neck. The pillow measures 12 inches deep and 22 inches wide. A multipurpose pillow, this can be used while sleeping or sitting.
- Works as a neck and leg wedge pillow
- Helpful in reducing back pain, knee pain
- Easy-to-remove cover
- Portable design with handle
- Comes with a machine-washable zippered cover
- Odor-free construction
- May feel hard
5. Best Lightweight Design: Brentwood 557 Corduroy Bedrest
If you love to read, watch TV while lying in bed or relax on your couch, get the Brentwood Corduroy pillow to get comfortable while you do. Made of 100% polyester fill, the soft and cozy corduroy armchair pillow offers support to the neck, back, and arms while reading, watching TV, or relaxing on your couch. The pillow comes with a handle that makes it easy to carry around.
- Comes with a sturdy handle for portability
- Makes a comfortable seating
- Lightweight design
- Offers firm support
- May have color bleeding issues
6. Best For Any Bed Size: Xtra-Comfort Bed Wedge Pillow
A three-in-one design bed seat pillow from Xtra-Comfort offers additional support while sleeping or sitting. Designed to fit any bed size, the pillow is made of excellent quality memory foam, which retains its shape when used extensively.
- Comes with a handle to conveniently carry
- Includes an easy-to-remove, machine-washable cover
- Neutral color blends with different interiors
- Can be used under the back, legs, or head
- May have a weird odor
7. Best Soft: MittaGonG Backrest Reading Pillow With Arms
Made of premium shredded foam padding, the pillow can take good care of your back and arms. It measures 20 inches in height and 12inches in width. The backrest pillow with arms allows you to stay upright and prevents strain on your back and neck.
- Has long and thick arms
- Comes with a machine-washable cover
- Easy to move around
- Soft and durable
- Made of breathable velvet fabric
- Side pocket is an additional feature
- May not be a soft seating
8. Best Comfortable: Daily Nordic Large Plush Reading Pillow
The sit-up pillow gives the perfect support for your back, head, and arms. Made of high-quality foam, the premium reading pillow allows a better flow of air. You can use the pillow on your bed or the couch while watching TV or reading in the right posture.
- Flexible design
- Comfortable and cozy
- Has a built-in handle for carrying it around
- Easy to clean
- Low on maintenance
- Made of breathable fabric
- Filling may not fill up the corners
9. Best For Head And Leg Elevation: Kolbs Bed Wedge Pillow With Memory Foam Top
If you suffer from snoring, back pain, acid reflux, or heartburn, the Kolbs wedge pillow can be a perfect choice. The luxurious and classy wedge pillow comes with a removable jacquard cover to protect it from any stains or dirt. The top layer of 1.5 inches of memory foam ensures a good night’s sleep.
- Machine-washable cover
- Has medical-grade foam wedge
- Ideal for head and leg elevation
- Comes in extra wide size as well
- Offers room to turn and toss
- May squish down
10. Best With Curved Back: Avana Kind Bed Orthopedic Support Wedge Pillow
Avanaoffers a four-piece set that can be put together to support your body while sitting, sleeping, or relaxing. The curved back wedge promises natural curvature to offer the right alignment to the upper body. Made of medium density foam with a layer of high-quality 4LB Visco memory foam, the sit-up pillows are machine-washable.
- Allows adjusting back scoop for better lumbar support
- Offers adjustable support to legs with leg wedges
- Comes with machine-washable covers
- Allows different adjustments
- Includes a knee rest and headrest
- May be difficult to deflate
11. Best For Spine Health: Cascadia Essential Shredded Memory Foam Reading Pillow
Designed to offer excellent support to your back, the medium-sized body pillow with arms corrects your posture. Made of shredded memory foam, the ultra-soft pillow comes with two holders that give added convenience of storing electronic devices like mobile phones or soft drink pet bottles.
- Can be used by men, women, and children
- Improve the health of the spine
- Has removable cup holders
- Made of soft fabric
- Cup holder can fit any normal cup
- Stitches may not be durable
12. Best For Blood Circulation: AngQi Supportive Foam Bed Wedge Pillow
This is a perfect bed wedge pillow made of soft and supportive foam that provides the right elevation to the upper body for better comfort. The pillow’s unique construction may help alleviate symptoms of snoring, nasal congestion, and acid reflux. The pillow is designed with proper pressure points for better and healthier sleep.
- Promises correct alignment while sleeping
- Knee pillow promotes circulation of blood
- Makes a great pick for side sleepers
- Does not flatten with time
- Conforms to the share of the body
- Has dust resistant outer cover
- May be hard for sleeping
13. Best Stable Structure: Deluxe Comfort Purpose Microsuede Bed Rest Reading Pillow
Made of 100% micro-suede fabric, the large-sized pillow offers enough space to sit comfortably while you read or relax. The long and thick arms add to the overall sitting experience. Available in multiple colors, the pillow offers firm support to the upper body.
- Has a stable structure
- Comes with supportive arms
- Includes a posh outer cover
- Easy to clean
- Relieves pain in back and neck
- Size may be small
14. Best Durable: Homca Reading Pillow
Made of soft PVC flocking, the pillow’s easy-to-compress eco-friendly design can alleviate back pain and keeps your feet in an elevated posture. The inflatable arm pillow can be used while reading or relaxing. The pillow is easy to carry while camping or backpacking.
- Durable and strong
- Easy to wash
- Lightweight and portable
- Quick to inflate and deflate
- Offers lumbar back support
- May be difficult to inflate
15. Best Convenient: Better Homes and Gardens Faux Fur Backrest Pillow
Bring home style and comfort with this super-soft backrest pillow that matches perfectly with different interiors and decors. Binge watch or read for hours on this throw pillow that sit-ups on a bed or a couch and promises comfort and convenience.
- Soft and comfortable
- Has a sophisticated appeal
- Comes with a handle for carrying around
- Ideal for kids and adults
- May not come with a cover
Things To Consider Before Buying A Sit Up Pillow
We have listed the essential features to consider before buying a sit-up pillow:
- Size: Make sure the pillow is of the right size for you to sit on it comfortably.
- Comfort: A good sit-up pillow is one that is soft and firm. It should hold your weight when you lean on it and offer you the desired comfort.
- Durability: Always choose pillows that last longer. Delicate designs that lose their shape over time make a bad pick. Therefore, go through the reviews to know the durability.
- Safety: Buy sit-up pillows that do not have any harmful materials or are hypoallergenic.
- Design and built: It is important to choose a sit-up pillow that offers support to your back, neck, and shoulders.
- Ease of cleaning: Pillows that are easy to clean or come with washable covers are a wise pick as they are easy to maintain.
Sit-up pillows are necessary for people who spend long hours sitting on the bed or couch. Wrong sitting or sleeping postures can cause pain in the neck, back, or shoulders. Using specifically designed pillows can support and correct your posture when you sit on the bed to read or watch TV.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Sakshi John is a freelance writer who covers furniture, kitchenware, home requirements, and more. Her well-researched articles ensure high-quality products, keeping your safety and convenience in mind. Sakshi has considered your requirements, the necessary quality parameters, and additional features to bring you this list of the best sit-up pillows. These pillows will help relieve muscle pain and other discomfort you may experience while sitting or working.
Sit-up pillows help manage back and neck pain, especially when your work-life involves sitting in front of your computer for long hours. So, whether you’re relaxing and watching your favorite show or working from your bed using a bed table for your laptop, give your back some rest by using a sit-up pillow. When you invest in a comfortable and durable sit-up pillow, you receive optimal back support and improve your posture, which prevents the risk of chronic backache.
View Profile ›