A skateboard deck is a flat board that you stand on when skateboarding. It is more than just a piece of pressed wood and comes in varying width, length, material, and concave design options that make it unique. Picking a deck of the right size and shape is important to suit your skill level in skateboarding. A skateboard deck also varies in design and pattern, and the skater’s weight, shoe size, and skateboarding style.
To make it easy for you to pick one, we list some of the best skateboard decks and give you some helpful tips on what to look for when you shop.
11 Best Skateboard Decks
If you are looking for a classic deck, check this Blank Decks Warning skateboard deck. It comes in sizes of 7.75in and 8in and is made of quality natural bamboo wood, an environmentally friendly and sustainable material. It features a steep concave style with its nose and tail raised. You may use a blank board as a canvas to draw or paint and personalize the board. This plain skateboard deck is available in many colors.
- Front is tilted up compared to the back, for better control
- Pre-drilled holes make it easy to attach to the wheels
- Bamboo wood is long-lasting and can absorb high levels of shock
- Sturdy and durable
- Offers a smooth ride and comfortable feel under the feet
- Ideal for skaters with different skill levels
- Provides a way to express your creative side with art
- May not be suitable for a professional skater
This Graphic skateboard deck is eco-friendly and gives you maximum pop, flex, and strength. Though this product is advertised as a pro-skater deck, it could be one of the best skateboard decks for beginners. The concave-shaped graphic bamboo skateboard decks are available in three sizes – 7.75(W)x31.5(L)in, 8(W)x31.75(L)in, and 8.25(W)x32(L)in. They also come in different styles, such as nebula, cloud, forest, slash, power, diamond, green fish, moso, and sunset.
- Made of quality bamboo that offers flexibility and protection
- Six-ply bamboo and maple hybrid deck improves sustainability
- Withstands wear and tear
- Lasts for weeks or even months
- Deeper concave design offers premium control when riding
- Can suit skaters of different levels
- May not be ideal for performing stunts
Here is another skateboard deck that allows you to have complete control over customization. The colored top sheet and natural bottom give you enough space to add your own color and art. Made of a premium board, it comes with an 8.5-inch pointed nose variation and a 9-inch shovel nose option and could be the perfect board for beginners. The bottom lets you customize the deck with your choice of color, brand swag, or artwork.
- Seven layers of maple provide a sturdy base
- Ideal deck for skaters of different levels
- Permits using a unique combination of patterns and colors to make it brand new and fascinating
- Comes in both vintage and trendy graphics
- Made of cold-pressed maple
- Withstands a capacity of 220lb
- Maybe a bit steep
- Top sheet may chip off with repeated usage
This is an exclusive wooden skateboard deck with graphic print. It is an ideal gift for those who admire Anthony Hall’s artistic prints. The deck’s net dimensions are 8(W)x28(L)in. A replacement depends on how hard you skate, which could be after some weeks to a year.
- Can be used for performing tricks
- Lightweight and can be easily carried around in a backpack
- Flat and short, suitable for street and vert skateboarding
- Durable and lasts longer than a year
- Suitable for both beginners and pro-skaters
- Board is a little smaller than a standard skateboard.
Ride and roll with Baker brand skateboard deck that is made of seven-ply maple wood veneer press. The timeless baker logo gives you grip when you stand on the skateboard. Measuring 8(W)x32in(L), it is suitable for skaters of all levels. It is available in red and black and comes in only one size.
- Durable seven-ply construction
- Weighs only two pounds
- Ideal for all kinds of terrains, including parks and streets
- Provides a good grip and makes you feel great under the toes
- Designed for all skill levels
- May be difficult to set up
- Does not come with grip tape
If you love to bust those fancy dance moves, then you need the right skateboard deck. This Loaded Boards longboard is explicitly made for it. It comes with a sturdy platform and is mainly built for fancy tricks, dance moves, and flips. Moreover, it features a concave design, a kick-tail, and grip tape. This board deck is made of two bamboo layers, and the net dimensions are 48.5×9.5in.
- Available in two flex ranges for heavier and lighter riders
- Long and sturdy deck that is ideal for fancy tricks and footwork
- Concave shape for better control
- Aggressive and robust grip tape
- Bamboo and cork combination promotes durability and flex
- Cut-out grip design aids the skater to perform great spinning moves
- Long deck tail may not be comfortable for all riders.
The Stoked Ride Shop blank deck is made of renewable materials, which offer durability and stability. It features a double-kick popsicle shape with improvised construction. The medium concave deck measures 7.75 (W)x32(L)in. You will get them in various colors and stains, including red, blue, green, purple, and natural.
- Seven-ply Canadian maple offers maximum flex and stiffness
- Slightly large kick-tail provides plenty of pop for tricks
- Suitable for first-time skaters to seasoned skaters
- Ideal for street, park, and cruising
- Does not include grip tape
Element decks are recognized as Thriftwood boards and are constructed with cutting-edge technology and top-notch materials. They are, therefore, considered as strong skateboard decks. They are built using a traditional approach and are likely to be stiffer than typical skateboard decks. Measuring 7.75in wide and 31.25in long, this skateboard deck weighs 2.7lb. It is adorned with red, white, and black graphic design that looks cool and modern.
- Seven-ply Maplewood construction keeps it strong and flexible
- Ideal for performing stunts and tricks
- 14-inch wheelbase maximizes rider’s and board’s performance
- Guarantee against all manufacturing defects
- Suitable for all skaters
- Thick, stiff, featherlight, and easy to carry
- Does not include grip tape
- Comes only in one size and one color
You will get a set of two decks with grips in this Cal 7 blank deck package. These blank decks are available in sizes of 7.75in, 8in, and 8.25in. You can also choose from a wide range of colors based on your personal choice. They are medium concave design decks, which are believed to be of high-quality standards. You may take them anywhere for skateboarding.
- Made of seven layers of wood for durability, strength, and looks
- Suitable for skaters of all levels
- Pre-drilled holes make it easy to set up the skateboard
- Deep concave provides control when riding, shooting hard turns, and doing tricks
- Ideal for street and park skating
- Does not include a grip tape
First introduced in the 1908s, Vision Skateboards are available even today. However, the ones you get now are not original, but the reissues of updated classic designs with modern techniques. They are manufactured in the USA and are impressive boards with colorful backgrounds and graphics. This Grigley III model is available in two colors of blue and red, and in one size measuring 9.75x31in.
- Shows nostalgic wall art
- Durable and offers stability
- Modern truck hole pattern that is unique and easy to assemble
- Low concave design provides control and balance when riding
- 15-inch wheelbase great for installing skating wheels
- Curved nose great for stunting and balance
- Does not include grip tape
The Moose blank skateboard deck provides a good grip and helps in better stability and balance on the roads and streets. You can use this seven-ply Canadian maple deck at the park and on the streets. It is sturdy to withstand a lot of pressure. The board is available in a stained red shade among other colors, and comes in two sizes of 8in and 8.25in.
- Made of seven-ply Canadian maple wood that makes it super durable
- Withstands a capacity of 250lb
- Radical U-concave design offers stability even when skating at a high speed
- Steep nose and tail for a good pop
- Suitable for cruising and performing tricks
- Perfect for skaters of all age groups and skill levels
- Does not include a grip tape
How To Choose The Right Skateboard Deck?
Consider the below factors before purchasing a skateboard deck.
- Skill level: Choose a deck by its width and the skater’s skill level. A beginner should ideally choose a wider deck.
- Material: Consider sustainable and environmentally friendly wood material construction. They are sturdy and survive even on rough terrains.
- Concave: Go for a deck that is curved to your satisfaction and allows you to perform all kinds of tricks.
- Shoe size: This will help you choose the deck width and length you want.
- Deck shape: Learn the differences between the different deck shapes and buy accordingly. You will find popsicle shaped, cruiser, and shaped boards.
- Kick angle: It should be sharp enough to accomplish what you want on a skateboard.
- Warranty: Check if the skateboard deck has a good warranty and return policy.
How Often Should You Replace Your Skate Deck?
It depends on how frequently and hard you skate. Skateboards may show some signs of splitting or breakage along the tail, nose, and sides due to wear and tear. Also, skating on wet and cold areas may warp the shape. You should, therefore, look for these signs and replace the deck.
You can enjoy stable, flawless, and pleasurable skateboarding by choosing the best skateboard decks. Apart from the buying tips, read the reviews to understand the product better. Some blank decks also allow you to customize them as per your liking and are less expensive.