If you are an avid skateboarder, then you would know the importance of a skateboard grip tape. Grip tapes let you have a good hold on the board while you perform stunts. These tapes come in various colors and patterns and add to the aesthetics of your kateboard.
Skateboard grip tapes can be a great gift for those who are into skateboarding. Whether you are looking to buy a skateboard grip tape for yourself or your friend, this list with some of the best skateboard grip tapes might help you choose the right one.
10 Best Skateboard Grip Tapes
Looking for the best skateboard grip tape? Then here is a product from Jessup that provides superior durability to your skateboard. It is made of silicone-carbide grit that is designed to give maximum grip to meet the demands of professional skateboarders.
- Trims easily without tears
- Maximum grip
- Solvent-based adhesive; sticks perfectly on any board
- Non-slip surface
- Some may feel the grit is too coarse
Measuring 10 x 44in, this skateboard grip tape comes in two options – with and without the application kit. You can choose from various colors and patterns among the options.
- Industry-standard 80 grit
- Easy peel-off backing
- Good adhesive
- Easy to apply
- Quality may not be up to the mark
If you love camo patterns, then this grip is a must-try. The Cosoos skateboard tape comes in a camouflage pattern and is made of silicon-carbide grit, which provides a good grip and is also wear-resistant. This grip tape works best for skateboards, skate scooters, longboards, kick scooters, slide plates, and roller boards.
- Minute perforations for a bubble-free application
- Silicon-carbide grit for superior grip
- Quality adhesive that does not wear out even in extreme climatic conditions
- Tearproof backing for a clean trim
- Hand-rolled to prevent creases
- Colors may not be as shown in the image
This skateboard grip tape features two color options and comes in dimensions of 10.6 x 45.2in. It is 1.5mm thick and has a silicon-carbide grit that gives a good grip and can withstand wear and tear. This is one of the best grip tapes for skateboards, skate scooters, kick scooters, slide plates, and roller boards.
- Barely-visible holes for a bubble-free application
- Silicon-carbide grit for superior grip
- Tearproof for clean trimming
- Hand-rolled to prevent creases and easy application
- Adhesive may not be as sticky as expected
The Mob grip tape measures 10 x 33in and is wide enough to fit broader decks. If you want to give your skateboard an artistic look, then go for this transparent grip tape, as you can put stickers and graphics under this tape.
- Transparent tape can place stickers under it
- Good strength
- Quality adhesive that does not wear off in hot or cold climates
- The grit might shed particles
- Size may not be accurate
If you want to make your skateboard unique and appealing, then go for this colored skateboard grip tape that features the Bigfoot and a UFO. The bright colors on a dark background make it visible even from a distance. The product dimensions are 9 x 33in.
- Minute holes for a bubble-free application
- Silicon-carbide grit for superior grit
- High-quality adhesive that does not peel even in extreme heat or cold
- Carefully packed without any creases
- Size may not fit wider skateboards
The Rayauto skateboard comes in two different sizes; size A: 10 x 47in for longboards and size B: 9 x 33in for skateboard, scooter, short cruiser, etc. This skateboard grip tape is also available in 12 different designs.
- Grainy surface for a good grip
- Trims neat
- High-quality adhesive can stick on any board
- Some may find the grit to be coarse
This skateboard grip tape measures 10.2 x 50 in sheet, and it also trims easily, so it is easy to customize according to your skateboard. This grip tape is transparent and is 1.5mm thick.
- Easy peel and stick design
- Easy to trim the edges
- Transparent, so you can put stickers under it
- Silicon-carbide grit for better grip
- Quality adhesive
- May get dirty easily
If you are a Marvel Spiderman fan, then this colored skateboard grip tape might just win your heart. It has three variants of which two feature The Venom and one is based on Spiderman. The colors of these graphic skateboard grip tapes are bright and stand out.
- Attractive designs
- Quality grit for better grip
- Super adhesive that can stick on any board
- Poor packaging might damage the product
This skull patterned skateboard grip tape measures 9 x 33in and is said to fit most of the skateboard shapes. Made of high-quality emery material with PVC backing, this skateboard grip tape is grainy, waterproof, and long-lasting. If you want your skateboard to stand out, then go for this grip tape.
- Grainy surface for a good quality grip
- Waterproof and durable
- High-quality adhesive
- Easy to apply
- Vibrant colors
- Comes rolled up, may need a day or two to flatten out
How To Choose The Right Skateboard Grip Tape?
Here are a few points to keep in mind while buying a skateboard grip tape.
- Size: Before searching for grip tape, measure your skateboard. To make sure you pick the right grip tape, pick one that is an inch wider and two inches longer than your board. This way, you can make sure you are covering every inch of your skateboard.
- Appearance: Skateboard grip tapes come in various patterns and designs; pick one that suits your personality and taste.
- Adhesive: A good grip tape is one that can stick to your board and stays that way. Choose a grip tape with a high-quality adhesive that does not peel off in hot and cold weather conditions.
- Application: Pick a grip tape that can be applied easily with or without the help of any tools. There are a few models with minute holes to help the air bubbles to escape.
What Is the Best Cleaning Method For Skateboard Grip Tape?
There are two ways to clean your skateboard grip tape.
- You can clean the dirt over your skateboard grip tape by using a grip cleaner, a rubber piece that gets in between the grits of the grip to remove dirt. This method is durable and quick to use.
- If you cannot get a grip cleaner, then a toothbrush can also help you clean the grip tape. Simply wet the grip tape and scrub it with the toothbrush in a circular motion. One drawback of this method is that if you use it frequently, the coarseness of the grip might get reduced.
A skateboard grip tape gives your skateboard an identity, so choose one that suits your style and personality. Various tools could help in applying the grip tape easily and without any air bubbles. If you are new to skateboarding and using grip tapes, then go for such tools.