Skateboarding helmets are necessary when you or someone you know is into extreme sports. The best skateboarding helmets can protect you from impact or damage to the head. Riding a bicycle, skateboard, or any other physical activity requires wearing protective headgear to help prevent yourself from severe injuries. Whether you are prepping for a marathon or planning on cycling to a convenience store, a helmet can make a world of difference. So prep up as we take you through a list of some top skateboarding helmets. Also, read on the importance of these helmets and factors that can help while buying skateboarding helmets.
Our Top Picks
15 Best Skateboarding Helmets To Buy
Upgrade to a cool, trendy, and comfortable headgear with this multi-sport helmet to enjoy all the adventure sports, carefree! Keeping you protected with high-quality inner and outer construction, this brand also promises a sweat-proof, stench-proof, and dry experience. Ideal for age 14 years and above, and with multiple matte colors to choose from, elevate your skateboarding experience with Restrospec Multi-sport Helmet.
- High-quality EPS foam surrounded by robust ABS for maximum protection
- 6 to 8 cool vents ensure optimum airflow as it releases the stuffiness and keeps the space cool and dry
- A comfort-inducing experience with no irritation
- S. CPSC-certified helmet for bikes, skateboarding, and skiing purposes
- Suitable for adults
- The helmet is customizable with 2 interchangeable pads.
- It is heavy.
- The padding may be too thick.
Looking for the best skateboarding helmets for kids? Here’s a multi-sporting headgear that your child will not crib to wear! With an adjustable and flexible strap that makes it ideal for adults too, it is a great option for a family that enjoys outdoor and adventure sports like skateboarding, cycling, skating, etc.
- A sturdy shell helmet made of robust PVC and PC
- Inner layer covered with a breathable EPS foam that ensures anti-shock function and impact resistance
- Available in multiple matte color options
- Aerodynamic ventilation design prevents stuffiness.
- The adjustable strap may be flimsy.
Known for its unparalleled fit, classic style and ultra-protective features, Triple Eight Skateboard Helmet is a dual-certified headgear for skateboarders and cycling enthusiasts. Keeping the user’s safety as a priority, these bicycle helmets are also tested and approved based on U.S. CPSC bikes and ASTM skate safety standards. So, if you are looking for a brand with certified safety features, this could be it!
- The fit is customizable with 2 removable sweat-saver fit pads.
- It has an adjustable strap and a side-release buckle for user’s convenience.
- The inner liner is EPS foam that guarantees minimal impact and a comfort fit.
- This lightweight skate helmet also has air vents for optimum airflow
- Ideal for biking, skateboarding, scooters, skating, etc.
- The strap may be uncomfortable.
When it comes to buying skateboarding helmets for kids, style matters as much as safety features! Believe us when we say, you do not want the helmet sitting in the closet, unused. Hence, Skull Cap is one of the trendiest brands to choose from. Not only are the helmets half-shell (a better and safer option than ordinary helmets!), but their inner EPS foam is designed with modern in-mold technology for extra protection, safety, and stability. Labeled as cool skateboard helmets for their classy and trendy design, they are ideal for gifting too!
- A trendy combination of safety and style
- Extra-tough, durable and sturdy outer shell made of polycarbonate for maximum safety and minimum impact
- Lightweight and sweat-proof
- Ventilated with 8 channels to keep you cool and dry
- Three-point adjustable strap ensures a comfortable fit
- The removable pads allow different fitting options.
- The helmet is tested as per German quality standards.
- The strap may cause discomfort.
Given how easily some people perspire, buying a skateboarding helmet with optimal air vents is a must to keep all the stench, sweat, and stuffy air out. Like this lightweight skateboarding helmet by OutdoorMaster, which has 12 air vents that keep you cool, comfortable, and dry for a longer time! Constructed with a smooth ventilation system, and two removable linings that absorb sweat, you’ll never feel sticky or uncomfortable again on those long rides with this full-face helmet. Check out the detailed review of the product in this video.
- Tested and certified by ASTM and CPSC safety standards.
- The ABS outer shell is robust, reinforced, and impact-resistant.
- Shock-absorbing and thick EPS foam on the inside
- The helmet is dual-certified for cycling, skateboarding, skating, BMX, etc.
- It has a cushioned chin pad for optimum comfort.
- The straps have an adjustable dial, are long-lasting, and skin-friendly.
- Not ideal for motorsport
Dual-certified by ASTM and CPSC, Flybar Skateboard Helmet’s safety features make it stand out from other protective headgears. From ensuring minimal impact to protection from the weather, the inner and outer layers play multiple roles when it comes to user’s protection. Other than cushioning the head with high-density EPS foam lining, the outer robust ABS shell is available in bright colors making it visible to oncoming vehicles. A trustable brand with some of the best skateboard helmets for adults and kids, they are undoubtedly a worthy option for adventurers and outdoor sports lovers.
- Impact-resistant and ultra-protective skateboard helmets
- The strap is adjustable with a dial system and a buckle for comfort fit.
- The chin strap is padded to prevent discomfort while long riding hours.
- It has a smooth matte finish and is available in multiple colors and designs.
- The helmet has 12 stylish and large air vents for uniform airflow.
- The pads are not detachable.
A combination of protection, comfort, and style like no other! Designed to fit like an extra layer on your head, Monata Skateboard Helmet ensures ultimate protection with its highly durable construction that meets CPSC safety standards. Ideal for extreme sports like inline skating, rollerblading, mountain climbing, cycling, roller-skating, etc. its trendy design will also make you shine in the streets as you roll.
- Durable and high-density ABS and EPS foam layers for maximum protection
- Unique self-adjusting fit system with a secure buckle, cushioned-chin, and adjustable wheel
- Straps are easy to access and offer ultimate security
- The hard shell has 9 breathable air vents to keep the inner layers cool and dry.
- The added microfiber lining with moisture-wicking feature ensures extra comfort.
- The lining is removable and washable.
- The strap’s quality may cause discomfort.
Protection from head injury is important, we agree, but the helmets have to be comfortable too, right? TurboSke Skateboard Helmet provides the best of both— safety and comfort. With premium-quality, strong and durable layers ensuring CPSC-certified safety, the helmets are also remarkably comfortable. It has built-in extra ventilation and a cushioned padding that does not compromise the protection it offers. Ideal for skateboarding, roller skating, inline skating, rollerblading, cycling, etc, these helmets are available in multiple sizes for kids, teens, and adults.
- Two reinforced safety layers— ABS shell and EPS lining examined through multiple safety tests
- Comfort-inducing fit with 11 breathable air vents that allow optimum airflow
- Long-lasting, lightweight and durable product
- Bright matte and smooth finishing ensure high visibility
- Ideal for extreme sports like trick skateboarding, longboard, two-wheel electric board, electric scooter, etc.
- The strap ensures a snug fit with an adjustable size dial and semi-flexible sizing ring.
- Adjusting straps may be a hassle.
FerDIM Skateboard Helmet will make you stand out literally, be it for style or safety reasons! Yes, the finishing is remarkably smooth and bright. Making them ideal for kids, and those who enjoy cycling at night, as these bright and lightweight helmets increase visibility to a whole new level. And as for the construction and comfort features are concerned— all are CPSC-certified.
- Outer ABS plastic shell and EPS foam liner are shock-absorbing and impact-resistant
- High breath ability with 11 large air vents for optimum ventilation
- The inner lining is moisture-absorbing, removable, and washable.
- The sponge fabric delivers extreme comfort.
- The adjustable strap with a quick-release buckle is convenient to use while taking off or putting on.
- Ideal for skateboarding, inline skating, long board, scooter, mountain climbing, street dance, etc.
- The straps are too long.
Adventure-loving families! OUWOER has an option for everyone. Suitable for all types of outdoor events from cycling in your neighborhood to something as extreme as mountain or rock climbing, this skateboard helmet will keep your head protected from sudden or hazardous impacts. And the best part is— despite its heavy-duty construction, it doesn’t feel bulky at all and will keep you cool and comfortable all day long.
- Lightweight and cozy fit
- Aerodynamic ventilation system with 13 stylish air vents that prevent sweating or stuffiness
- The outer and inner helmet layers are CPSC and EN 1078-certified, impact-resistant, and shock-absorbing.
- The inner padding system provides two customizable options (5mm and 8 mm).
- The pads are removable, washable, sweat, and shock absorbent.
- The strap is designed for comfort fit with an adjustable crank dial, cushioned-chin pads, and easy-release buckle.
- The strap and buckle may be flimsy.
One of the most trustable brands in the market with 45 years of legacy, Pro-Tec skateboarding helmets are certified by ASTM, CPSC, AS/NZS & CE to protect against multiple impacts. These helmets, other than having ultra-protective outer and inner layers, screams premium-quality! Also, the liner pads are compressed and molded to provide extreme comfort to the user. High on protection and on style, this protective gear is all you need to turn every adventure into a memorable experience.
- A well-known brand for durable skateboard helmets
- Comfort-inducing padding with impact-resistant ABS shell and EPS liner
- This helmet has 11 air vents to allow maximum airflow.
- It keeps your head dry, cool, and comfortable for a long time.
- The straps are adjustable and have a secure-lock buckle.
- The pads may wear out.
- The straps may cause discomfort.
Looking for skateboard helmets for girls, boys, and teens? Punisher Skateboards are making skateboarding, cycling, skating, and other extreme sports look trendy again. With a metallic flake neon finish that’ll make anyone shine in the streets, the bright color ensures high visibility while riding through traffic or bad weather conditions. Dual-certified for biking and skateboarding, this super-cool, super-stylish, and super-safe helmet is also a great option for gifting.
- ASTM and CPSC-certified helmet
- Impact absorption EPS liner and strong ABS shell
- Embroidered, soft, and sturdy nylon strap with turn-lock adjustment and quick-release buckle for a comfort fit, even around the chin
- Ultra-cooling helmet with 13 air vents
- Three removable foam pads with a heat-seal feature.
- The pads provide 3 custom fittings— small, medium, and large.
- The padding may not last long.
Considering that kids end up playing for long hours, a sweat-proof skateboard helmet is the best choice. Like Korimefa Skateboard Helmet for instance, has an optimum ventilation system and removable foam pads that are moisture-absorbing and washable. This means, you no longer have to worry about the stench or dampness that can irritate skin. Available in cool and trendy colors that your kids will love to flaunt, these skateboard helmets CPSC and EN 1078 certified too.
- High-impact absorbing EPS liner and high-density ABS shell providing full rear head safety
- Durable, comfortable, and safe fit with sponge pads
- The aerodynamic design ensures high breathability through 11 air vents.
- The elastic straps with Velcro closure guarantee perfect fitting.
- Easy-to-wear, kid-friendly, and sweat-proof.
- The adjustment band may be flimsy.
The Ouwor Multi-Sport helmet comes with two reinforced layers that add to its durability and sturdiness. To add to the protection it offers, it also features an ABS shell that provides superlative protection from impact. We all love products that follow safety standards, which makes us love this one as well as it is CPSC and ASTM safety certified. It comes with two sets of pads of different thicknesses to allow users to choose what they find comfortable.
- Available in three sizes- for kids, toddlers, and boys and girls
- Suitable for a variety of outdoor activities, such as biking, cycling, and skateboarding
- Fully adjustable with the help of a chin strap for a custom fit
- Ensures airflow with 11 vents to reduce sweating
- May not be suitable for bigger heads.
Lastly, give those winning moments, be it while cycling, roller skating, or skateboarding a classy twist with this shining beauty. Available in sizes for toddlers, kids, teens, and adults, don’t let the design give you the idea that it may not be impact resistant! Guaranteeing ultimate protection and ultra-comforting fit, this headgear is tested based on CPSC standards for helmet safety. Suitable and safe to wear for all bike sports, skateboarding, roller skating, and more, it is also available in different colors.
- Easy-to-adjust polyester straps with easy-release buckle
- The included interchangeable pads are comfortable and customizable.
- The helmet has ventilation channels to help cool down and release stuffiness.
- The outer and inner layers of the helmet are durable, robust and impact-resistant.
- It may not cover the head completely.
- The pads may be too thin for some.
There you go! Those are the 15 best skateboarding helmets online for you. If you are still wondering why you need one or how to pick the right one? Read on.
Importance Of Skateboarding Helmets?
Skateboarding helmets are a must-have not only for first-timers but for experts too. These protective headgears reduce the chances of severe head injuries in case you fall or trip. A compulsory headgear for professional and non-professional skateboarders, given how the sport includes dangerous flips and tricks, these helmets are designed to minimize impact and shock. No matter how confident you are of your sporting skills, precaution is always better than regrets, hence why a skateboarding helmet is essential for outdoor sporting activities.
How To Choose Right Skateboarding Helmets?
Choosing the right skateboarding helmet is no rocket science. All you have to do is look out for the following tips:
Size & Fitting – Many users end up with the wrong size, so it is important to figure out your measurements first, before choosing the helmet. Also, once you have the right size, it will automatically be a perfect fit for the face. Hence, why picking the correct size is important.
Safety Standards-Certified – The helmet should meet CPSC and ASTM safety standards, which means they are strong and resistant against high impacts and shocks.
Straps – To pick the right straps, check the fitting, adjustment, and closure options. Also, check the material so you don’t have to deal with skin irritation or discomfort.
Padding – It is ideal to go for removable inner paddings so there’s a customizable option for you. Also, these removable paddings are washable, thus eliminating chances of stench or dampness.
Ventilation – Not all helmets have the same ventilation design. Also, the more air vents a helmet has, the lesser will be the chances of sweating and stuffiness.
Why Trust MomJunction?
We have curated this list of the best skateboarding helmets after considering numerous product reviews and quality parameters from various trusted websites. We have handpicked each product to fit your requirements. These helmets offer maximum safety, are durable and cool in appearance. The buying guide section here will help you know about the important factors you need to consider before making a purchase.
Skateboarding can be fun, but you need to follow all the safety instructions and put on protective headgear every time you head out with a board in hand. The best skateboarding helmets are designed to prevent serious injuries and protect the head against impact. When choosing from the many options in the market, make sure it fits right, complies with all safety standards, and offers the ideal amount of padding and ventilation, so you can have a great time skating without any worries.
View Profile ›