A sleeping bag liner in a traveler’s bag is crucial; it serves the purpose of keeping a sleeping sack clean and neat. From its material type to the price range, picking up the right sleeping bag liner calls for careful selection.
It has multiple benefits. Of course, first and foremost, it adds to the comfort. Additionally, it protects the bag from wear and tear, along with adding that cozy warmth that any traveler desires. Not sure which is the best sleeping bag liner to pick? Read this blog, it will be of great help.
Our Top Picks
11 Best Sleeping Bag Liners
The sleeping bag liner from Coleman is known for the comfort it provides. You can keep yourself warm at 50°F and sleep comfortably. This soft fleece sleeping bag liner adds 12°F more warmth when lining another sleeping bag. Click here to check out a detailed personal review of this product.
- Snag-free zipping and unzipping every time
- Easy cleaning with machine wash
- Available in three assorted colors
- Five-year limited warranty
- Includes stuff sack
- Color may fade after a few washes
- Works only on square bags
The XL sleeping bag liner by Tough Outdoors is a great travel accessory to choose for a sleeping bag liner with some extra space. It is made of durable polyester fabric and is sufficiently high and big with ample area spanning a diameter of 85x37in. You can use it especially for the snug and comforting cover that it provides.
- Machine washable
- Lifetime warranty
- Double sleep sack
- Does not come with a zipper
- Few may find it unnecessarily large
The Friendly Swede bag liner safeguards you and your sleeping bag when camping but is equally suitable to use as a vacation sheet in hostel beds or at sleepovers. This ultra-commodious liner provides ample room for arms and legs to move around at night for a comfortable sleep. The silky fabric feels soft on your skin and can put a few extra degrees of warmth throughout cool autumn nights without taking up much space in your bag. To understand the nuances of the product in detail, you can check out this review.
- Sturdy zipper closures
- Side opening with Velcro closure
- Lifetime warranty
- Keeps the sleeping bag neat by guarding it against bacteria, sweat, and insects
- A bit short in length
- Color fades away after washes
- Mostly suitable for indoor situations
Sea To Summit’s warmest knitted sleeping bag liner totals up to 25°F of warmth compared to a regular sleeping bag. The heavy Thermolite cavity core polyester knit material entraps heat to supply excellent insulation. Check out this YouTuber’s review of this product.
- Smooth and stretchy fabric
- Quick to dry and easy to wash
- Compact and lightweight
- Ultra-sil stuff sack
- Foot box is relatively tiny
- Might feel a little constricted inside this liner
- Does not have a zipper
Vumos sleeping bag liner includes a full-length zipper that runs down the medial side and bottom and can be fully unzipped to create a double-sized sheet. In addition, it features a pouch that holds your pillow in place and protects you from touching pillows at night, keeping you safe and secure.
- Available in four different colors
- Breathable and lightweight fabric
- Silk-like finish adds a premium look
- 100% replacement guarantee
- Might not be suitable for hiking with heavy loads
The bag liner from Teton Sports makes any double sleeping bag warmer. It is easy to clean up after hiking and to add warmth. You can also use it as a solo warm-weather bag or as a relaxing travel sheet. It incorporates safety Velcro tabs to shut the openings to keep out drafts.
- Machine-washable and dryable
- Extra slushy cotton liners can be used as a guest sheet
- Easily fits inside a sleeping bag
- Available in mammoth size
- No lifetime warranty
- Unusually slippery
The lightweight sleeping bag liner by Miqio is designed for extra longevity. With the robust microfiber, high-quality stitching, and a long-enduring zipper, one can take it everywhere without stressing about snags or rips.
- Available in six different colors
- Breathable micro-fabric
- Dries quickly
- Ultra-durable quality
- Material is transparent
- No replacement warranty
The fleece sleeping bag liner from Redcamp could be one of the best sleeping bag liners. It is made of dense and breathable polar fleece. This bag liner is washable and deterioration-proof. It provides a soft and warm feeling when sleeping in the liner.
- Has zipper
- Great for camping and traveling
- 360 days limited manufacturer warranty
- Zipper may not be durable
- Low stitching quality
The mummy sleeping sack by Litume is ideal for backpacking, camping, and other outdoor activities. This insulated bag liner is made of thicker, softer fleece to provide a convenient way to stay warm and comfortable in cold weather conditions. It can add the warmth of up to 27°F to your bag.
- Drawstring hood to lock in the heat for extra warmth
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Foot box design gives your feet more space and comfort
- Does not come with a compression sack
- No zipper
With 100% pure mulberry silk, this easy-to-carry accessory is one of the best sleeping bag liners for warmth. It can increase the overall temperature of the bag by a few degrees to keep you warm and comfortable at night. It is also sufficiently spacious for adults to sleep.
- Provides wide coverage
- Available in six different colors
- Easy to enter with a loose flap
- No zippers
- No significant protection against mosquitoes and other bugs
- Smaller than a sleeping bag
The sleeping bag liner by Somoya is made from premium quality fabric. It comes with a built-in pillowcase to wrap the pillow completely, adding a snug comfort to your overall sleeping experience. The lightweight travel camping sheet is useful both indoors and outdoors.
- No pilling or fading of the liner
- Breathable fabric
- Easy to wash
- Easy to carry
- Multipurpose use
- Full-year satisfaction support by Somoya
- Does not come with zippers
- Plastic buttons are not sturdy
How To Choose The Right Sleeping Bag Liner?
Consider the following points while shopping for the best sleeping bag liner.
- Comfort: The material of the liner should be soft and comfortable to ensure staying inside at any time, especially during the night, is hassle-free.
- Convenience: Liners should have zippers or buttons to open and close for added convenience.
- Temperature rating: One should check the temperature rating before making any purchases. An added warmth of 10°F or more is ideal.
- Material: Liners made of woolen fleece, cotton, or silk should be your first choice as they are easy to fold, carry, and comfortable when sleeping inside.
Why Trust MomJunction?
We have compiled this list of the best sleeping bag liners to keep your sleep sack clean and neat. These bag liners have been chosen based on their features and numerous consumer reviews on many e-commerce websites. We have mentioned the features of the sleeping bags, such as snag-free zipping, material, and durability, as well as their warranty period and cleaning method. This post also includes some tips on how to choose the right sleeping bag liner to meet your requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to wash a sleeping bag liner?
Most liners mentioned in this article are machine-washable and are easy to clean and maintain. However, do not use strong detergent to wash liners, as they may damage the fabric in the long run.
2. Is an insulated sleeping bag liner good for backpacking?
Yes, insulated sleeping bag liners are good for backpacking as they provide extra warmth and are easy to carry. They even give you freedom from unnecessary cleaning and washing while traveling and camping.
When one needs to travel outdoors for camping or other fun activities, sleeping bag liners come in handy in such situations. Our list of the best sleeping bag liners is handpicked and thoroughly researched. You can refer to customer reviews for detailed insight before purchasing.