Slide-in ranges are known for their aesthetics and can make your kitchen clean and elegant. While looking for the best slide-in ranges, you should go through the features that complement your kitchen. They usually consist of a burner, a convection oven, and other cooking features. Also, the unfinished sides and wide top allow you to fix it between two cabinets.
Janna Robinson, an interior designer and lifestyle technology design expert, says, “Slide-in ranges have unfinished sides and are designed to slide between your cabinets or appliances to create a more streamlined and refined look. They do not have a backguard, and the controls are on top or in the front. Also, these ranges come in several fuel options, so make sure you choose the correct model for your home.”
So in case you are looking for a slide-in range for your kitchen, check out this list and choose one that will complement your kitchen.
10 Best Slide-in Ranges
This is a stylish gas slide-in range with a big view oven window and stainless steel appearance. Equipped with electric ignition and upfront knob controls, it is one of the best slide-in ranges to enjoy cooking with complete digital control.
- Double oven range configuration
- Comes with automatic self-clean feature
- Edge-to-edge cast iron grates
- Five-burner slide-in range with burners ranging from 5,000 to 20,000 BTUs
- Large capacity of 6.8 cu ft
- Convection bake and roast oven cooking modes
- Low placement of the lower oven
"This stove has become an essential part of my kitchen. Meal preparation is now much easier to handle thanks to the spacious cooking area. Its sturdy construction and premium components are also reliable, and the burners' intensity is excellent."
2. Best Convenient:Samsung NX58H9500WS Slide-In Stainless Steel Gas Range
This classy electric slide-in range with five sealed gas burners is an easy replacement for your freestanding range. This front control slide-in range is sleek and spacious, with two independent heating elements for convenient cooking.
- Allows setting from rapid boil to simmer
- Ideal for cooking multiple dishes at the same time
- Oval burner can be used for larger pots
- Self-clean feature
- Has reversible cast iron griddle
- Total capacity of 5.8 cu ft
- Features a warming drawer
- Stainless steel body may be prone to scratches
- Griddle burner may not produce enough heat for grilling
3. Best Super Easy:Bosch HGI8054UC 800 30 Stainless Steel Gas Slide-In Sealed Burner Range
Equipped with nine different cooking modes, this is one of the best slide-in ranges to install in your kitchen. This sleek design slide-in range comes with a touchscreen control to conveniently set your desired modes. The 30in stainless steel slide-in range makes cooking super easy with five gas stoves.
- Comes with a self-cleaning feature
- Heavy-duty metal knobs
- Has temperature conversion feature for convection
- Extra-large window for easy monitoring
- Total capacity of 4.8 cu ft
- Burners may take time to heat
- Fan may be noisy
"I replaced my old electric stove with this slide-in range, and I can't get enough of its self-cleaning and quick pe-heat oven features. I can now bake numerous trays of cookies consistently. Also, the air fryer option works pretty well for chicken."
GE PGS950SEFSS Profile 30 Stainless Steel Gas Slide-In Sealed Burner
Samsung NX58H9500WS Slide-In Stainless Steel Gas Range
Bosch HGI8054UC 800 30 Stainless Steel Gas Slide-In Sealed Burner Range
|28 x 47.9 x 35.6 inches
|26.62 x 30 x 36.62 inches
4. Best Flame Technology:Samsung NE58H9970WS Slide-In Induction Range
This is a state-of-the-art dual-convection slide-in induction range designed for a single or double oven cooking. The convection slide-in range comes with a four-burner induction cooktop designed around virtual flame technology. With this electric slide-in range, you can easily prepare the recipes you love.
- Cooks food quicker
- Has simple step-by-step cooking instructions
- Cooks uniformly and safely
- Comes with a self-cleaning function
- Guiding light controls
- Large capacity slide-in range with 5.8 cu ft capacity
- Timer alarm sound may be low
- Gliding rack may not be compatible with all slots
"The allure of this range is undeniable—it has a stunning appearance with practical front controls. It also impresses with its quick preheating and even baking. The fan is a bit noisy though."
5. Best Slide-In Gas:Cosmo DFR304 30in Slide-In Free-Standing Dual Fuel Range
With this 30in slide-in range consisting of four Italian-made burners, high performance is guaranteed. It has five oven functions that include baking, broiling, convection baking, convection broiling, and turbo to help you cook your favorite foods at home with ease, making it one of the best slide-in gas ranges. It has a total capacity of 3.9 cu ft.
- Made with strong and rust-resistant stainless steel
- Dual fan-assisted circular heating element ensures uniform cooking
- Cooks in lesser time
- Features cast-iron grates with a removable wok ring
- May be difficult to clean
"I've been using this stove for a while now, and it has made cooking more enjoyable. The high-output burners have also made cooking more efficient, and the 30-inch size suits my kitchen perfectly. Cleaning the surface takes some effort, but it's manageable."
6. Best Smudge-Proof:Frigidaire FGES3065PF Gallery 30″ Stainless Steel Electric Slide-In
This is a smudge-proof stainless steel slide-in range with five heating elements to make cooking easier for you. It is equipped with a third heating element and convection fan that promises even hot air circulation for consistent and faster cooking.
- Pre-heats quickly
- Has a steam cleaning feature
- Makes multi-cooking easier
- Total capacity of 4.6 cu ft
- Control panel may not be durable
- Fan feature may irk some buyers
"I gave my daughter and her family this cooker for Christmas, and they loved it. I have also included it in my everyday routine, partly because of its five heating settings and mainly because it makes meal preparation simpler and enhances the look of my kitchen."
7. Best For Heavy Pots:Frigidaire Gallery Series FGGS3065PF 30″ Slide-In Gas Range
Enjoy multitasking with one of the best slide-in ranges equipped with four sealed burners. The stainless steel cooking appliancehas a total capacity of 4.5 cu ft. The three iron-cast continuous grates make the movement of heavy pots convenient.
- Preheats quickly
- Allows multi-baking
- Includes a third heating element and convection fan for even circulation of heat
- Equipped with auto shut-off function
- Self-cleaning slide-in range
- Comes with an LP conversion kit
- Sharp metal edges may cause injuries
"I got this cooktop when upgrading my kitchen, and it has made a huge difference. Cooking is more efficient now, as the five burners offer good heat control. Installing it was simple, even though the construction could use some strengthening."
8. Best Touch Control:GE JS750EFES 30″ Slate Electric Smoothtop Slide-In Range – Convection
This is a five-burner electric range featuring easy electronic touch controls. The touch controls slide-in range offers impressive baking features and comes with a big view oven window and glass door.
- Comes with a control lock to avoid unintended use
- Takes less time to preheat
- Comes with a storage drawer
- Hidden bake oven interior promises quick and easy cleaning
- Total capacity of 4.4 cu ft
- Self-clean option
- Top may be difficult to clean
- May be noisy while preheating
"After using this smoothtop range for a while, I've come to the conclusion that its elegant glass top is not only aesthetically pleasing but also practical, with sturdy, commercial-grade knobs. It's not the easiest to clean, but that's a minor inconvenience for me."
9. Best European Model:Bosch HEI8054U 800 30″ Stainless Steel Electric Slide-In Smoothtop Range
This is one of the best slide-in ranges with a European convection oven and comes with 11 different modes to make cooking effortless. This European-style slide-in range also features a warming drawer to keep the food warm until you serve it.
- Makes gourmet cooking easy
- Comes with a self-cleaning function
- Has an extra-large window for easy monitoring
- Ensures evenly cooked food
- Preheats quickly
- Total capacity of 4.6 cu ft
- Stainless steel may not be of good quality
10. Best Ada-Compliant:Cafe CHS950P2MS1 30-Inch Induction Slide-In Electric Range
This is a smart and stylish slide-in range that comes with five heating elements, double ovens, and convection, making it count amongst the best slide-in ranges. It comes with an LED control panel that visually appears when in use and disappears when not in use. With this ADA-compliant and Star-K-certified induction slide-in range, cooking will never be tiring.
- Ideal for cooking everyday meals and meals for parties
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant
- Wi-Fi enabled slide-in range
- Gourmet guided cooking with automatic adjustments
- Total oven capacity of 6.7 cu ft
- Self-clean with steam clean option
- Placement of the lower oven may be awkward
- Volume of the oven beeper may be low
How to Choose the Right Slide-in Range?
It is essential to invest some time and effort in researching the best slide-in range for your kitchen. If you are unsure of what points to consider, here is a list:
- Induction: If you desire fast cooking, an induction range makes a perfect choice. It delivers the right simmering and gives you complete control.
- High power burners: If you don’t want an induction, choose a slide-in range with at least one high power burner for quick heating.
- Double ovens: Having two ovens is always a delight, especially when you are hosting a party. One oven can be used on a daily basis, while two will make cooking easier when you have guests.
- Convection: To enjoy even heat distribution and uniform cooking, go for a convection oven.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the difference between a freestanding range and a slide-in range?
A freestanding range can be installed without any support or between cabinets, whereas a slide-in range is required to be installed between cabinets or between any two surfaces.
2. Do slide-in ranges have vents?
Yes, most of the slide-in ranges have vents in the back for venting the air while the oven is working.
3. Do the counters go behind the slide-in range?
No, the counters don’t go behind a slide-in range. A slide-in range is installed between two surfaces, like kitchen counters and cabinets.
4. How do I measure a slide-in range?
It is very easy to measure a slide-in range. Just measure your slide-in range from the floor to the top of the surface of the countertop where you want to install it.
5. What is the depth of a slide-in range?
The depth of a slide-in range varies with different types of models. Typically the depth of a standard slide-in range is 24 inches.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Wedetso Chirhah provides expert reviews on furniture, kitchen appliances, and other household items. He does detailed research and analysis to find high-quality products for you. Wedetso has curated a list of the best slide-in ranges to make your kitchen more stylish and functional. He has also highlighted the pros and cons of each product and included a handy buying guide to help you choose the right product for your home.
With the best slide-in range in your kitchen, you can completely transform your everyday cooking experience while making meal prep for special occasions more enjoyable. It is a complete unit with remarkable features that allows you to cook, bake, grill, and perform many other activities that will bring the best out of your culinary skills. While buying this must-have appliance for your kitchen so you can cook without a hassle, consider features like induction, high-power burners, and double ovens to make your life easier.
Infographic: A Quick Buying Guide For A Slide-In Range
A slide-in range is equipped with front or top controllers for easy accessibility and offers a sleek look to your kitchen. However, selecting a suitable slide-in range from a vast collection may be challenging. So, we have compiled a list of factors in the following infographic to ease your buying process.
- Best All-Terrain Strollers For Gravel Roads And Rough Terrain
- Best Toddler Shoes From Top Brands
- Best Rain Boots For Kids To Keep Them Warm And Dry