The best slime kits for kids come with a host of features. Slime is great for improving children’s sensory skills, stimulating creativity, and generating keen interest in science. It also helps children grasp important concepts such as viscosity and non-Newtonian fluids.
You can make basic slime at home, but if your child is looking for something more to explore and learn, slime kits are what you should bring home today. Keep scrolling as we bring you a curated list to help you figure out the best ones for your little one.
No products Found
Safety Measures To Follow While Playing With Slime Kits
Though slime is fun, children need to follow certain safety measures while playing with it.
- Slime kits are generally recommended for children aged six years and above.
- Children need to play under adult supervision as they might accidentally ingest the slime or the smaller accessories.
- Do not replace or add other ingredients in the slime kits.
- Read the instructions carefully to make the slime.
- Never allow children to put slime in their eyes or mouth.
- After making or playing with the slime, always tell your kids to wash their hands.
- Clean the workspace with disinfectant.
16 Best Slime Kits For Kids
Making slime has just gotten easy and exciting with this Original Stationary slime kit. This is one of the best slime kits as it comes with everything you need to make slime. With this kit, your child will be able to make slimes of different colors, textures, and scents. You may check more about this product in this video.
- Has all the ingredients to make slime
- Includes a book with instructions
- Sturdy storage container
- 100% hypoallergenic and safe for skin
- Includes accessories such as food colors, glitters, and beads
- May have slightly thick consistency
- May not blend well
If you are worried about your children getting chemical burns from Borax while making slime, then this is one slime kit that you need to try. Made with eco-friendly materials, this slime does not have Borax powder and is recommended for children aged five years and above. Check out this video to learn more about this sensory slime kit.
- Quality-tested and non-toxic formula
- Washable and reusable containers and slimes
- Eighteen different colors
- Twenty-seven accessories for unlimited fun
- Glow-in-the-dark powder
- Containers may be tiny
- May stain hands
Throw your child a cool slime-themed birthday party with the Laevo slime kit. This kit contains everything to make and design unique and exciting slimes. Children can have fun making the slime, twisting, twirling, and stretching it. Watch this video for more information about this slime kit for girls and boys.
- Includes 57 supplies to make various varieties of slimes
- Secure storage container
- Colorfully illustrated book with ten easy-to-make slime recipes
- ASTM-certified and safety tested by CPSC
- Includes an instruction booklet
- Glue may leak from the bottle
- Quantity of glue may be less for the activator
This Unicorn Slime Kit contains 53 pieces so that the parent and the kid can enjoy their fun time together. This slime is safe for kids and adults; it is ASTM certified. It has just the right texture. The set includes glues, activator, deactivator, foam balls, soft clay, etc. This slime kit for adults and kids improves hand-eye coordination, creativity and imagination skills, and fine motor skills.
- Glows in the dark
- Storage container for slime kit
- Different attractive colors
- Zip-lock pockets
- Some slimes may be a bit sticky
- Glue may leak from the bottle
Help your children make some out-of-the-world slime with the Elmer’s Galaxy Slime Kit. Just mix the glitter glue with some common household items, and your children will be able to make some sparkling slime in cosmic colors. This slime kit comes in six different variants.
- Contains three 6fl.oz bottles of pink, blue, and purple glitter glue
- Comes with an easy-to-follow slime recipe
- Doesn’t lose its flexibility even when dried
- Washable and reusable formula
- Non-toxic and safe
- Doesn’t leave a mess
- May be less suitable for beginners
- May turn hard if not sealed properly
This slime kit seems to justify the name ‘Mega Slime Kit,’ with not just ingredients to make a DIY slime, but also some unique putties to help your children understand scientific concepts such as magnetism, fluorescence, and viscosity. This kit is recommended for children aged eight years and above.
- Four different types of slimes
- One DIY glow-in-the-dark slime powder
- Includes four types of interesting putties
- Sixteen-pag learning guide
- Non-toxic formula
- Includes magnet to move the putty
- May be slightly sticky
- Slime may become hard after extended use
Do unicorns and teddy bears fascinate your child? If yes this slime kit could be a perfect gift for their birthday. This kit has rainbow-colored glues, glitters, sparkles, and other accessories to let your children make as many colorful slimy things as possible.
- Includes more than 35 accessories
- Cute storage containers and unique glue bottles
- Instructions booklet
- Stylish carrying case to store everything
- Convenient carrying handle for portability
- Lids may not shut completely
- Shimmer may transfer to surfaces
Yet another cute and engaging slime kit from Poopsie. This rainbow-themed slime kit has everything for your children to create some unique sparkling slimes. It is said to have eyeshadows and lips colors that could be used to color the slime or use them on oneself. However, precaution has to be taken before applying the colors on the eyes or lips.
- Thirty-five plus items, including makeup accessories.
- A rainbow shaped storage container.
- Many options to choose from and experiment with.
- Nine customizable DIY slime powders.
Your children will have fun making their own slime with this factory-themed slime kit. All they have to do is pour in the slime powder, glitter, confetti, and water in the mixer, close the lid, and mix using the mixture; that’s it, the slime is ready! This kit is recommended for children aged six years and above.
- Unique mixer for mess-free slime making
- Glitter, confetti to create various slimes
- Figurines can be hidden inside the slime
- Storage containers and a mixing station
- Handle of the mixing station may be flimsy
- Tiny pieces may pose a choking hazard
If you are looking for an easy-to-use starter slime kit for your children, then go for the Elmer’s Color slime kit. All that the children need to do is pour out the opaque glue into a glass bowl and add some amount of the liquid activator and mix and knead until it reaches a slimy consistency.
- Easy three-step process
- Gue is washable with soap water
- Non-toxic and safe for children
- Comes in two vibrant colors
- Easy-to-squeeze bottles
- Non-runny glue formula
- Rolling off the slime may be hard
- Has a rubbery texture
If your children are new to slime making, then this slime kit from National Geographic could be one of the best starter kits for awakening their interest in science.
- Easy to make in three simple steps
- Contains everything needed to prepare the slime
- Comes in single packs as well as a four-pack
- Guideline and instruction book included
- Cannot be carried on plane
- May be a bit greasy
This DIY slime kit has everything your children need to make the perfect slimes at home. The slime is soft, non-sticky, and can be stretched without any tear. Your children can make six different colors of slimes and also experiment with glitters and sparkles.
- Non-toxic and safe to use
- Easy-to-follow instructions
- Comes with measuring cups, mixing spatulas, and more
- Helps develop fine motor skills
- Boosts creativity
- May not mix well
- Lid and container may not snap together well
The Thoughts of Fun Co. slime kit might help your children take a journey into the past with its dinosaur-themed slimes and dinosaur figurines. The more your children play with this slime, the stretchier it becomes. This slime kit for boys and girls aged above six years comes with everything your child would need to create masterpieces.
- Twelve different colors of slimes
- Includes dinosaur figurines
- Containers to store the slime when not in use
- Borax-free, safe, and non-toxic
- Includes various accessories
- Offers endless possibilities
- Slime may stain clothes
- Containers may be slightly flimsy
Neon slime, colored crystal slime, glow-in-the-dark slime, you name it, and your children can make it with this mega slime kit. This slime kit has everything they need to make all kinds of slimes. Recommended for children above the age of six years, this slime kit for school-age kids might spark your child’s interest in experimenting with slime.
- Eight large batches of slime for unlimited fun
- Ten varieties of accessories
- Meets ASTM F963-16 toy safety standards
- Includes measuring cups and spoons
- Instructions may not be clear for children
- May have a runny consistency
Give this all-in-one slime kit for an expert slime maker, and you might have just sparked their creativity and enthusiasm. This kit has everything needed to make many types of slimes for an advanced ‘slimester’.
- All-in-one storage container
- Eight airtight containers for slime
- Non-sticky slime
- Includes fun accessories
- Instructions may be slightly confusing
- Kit may be smaller than expected
This is another cute unicorn-themed slime kit that comes with an easy-to-carry sling bag. Along with making slime, your children can also share the unicorn friendship rings and make their playtime a memorable one.
- Includes stickers and friendship rings
- Reusable jars to store the slime
- Spill-proof play mat
- Instructions included
- May become clumpy
- Contains tiny parts
How To Choose The Right Slime Kits?
Consider these points while buying a kit for your child.
- Safety: Check the safety standards of the product and make sure the slime kit complies with them. Refrain from buying kits that have smaller accessories for younger children. Also, look for chemical-free ingredients.
- Expertise: Buy a simple starter kit if your child is new to slime kits. These kits are easy to make and come with detailed instructions. But, if your child is an expert in slime making, then go for the advanced kits.
- Easy to clean: Slime making could be messy, so buy a kit that is easy to clean and store. Many kits come with an easy-to-store container.
- DIY or readymade: There are two types of kits, one where the kids will have a provision to make the slime on their own, and the second type where the slime is already made, and your children can customize it. Choose the one as per your child’s interest.
How We Selected The Best Slime Kits For Kids
We have compared and reviewed various products across the market to compile this list. These products are child-friendly and we have considered several user reviews to find the right products for you. Along with this compilation of the best slime kits, we have also included important safety measures for children to follow while playing with slime.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which slime kit is best?
A slime kit that is made of non-toxic materials, adheres to ASTM standards, doesn’t have a runny consistency, and doesn’t stain the clothes makes a good kit for children.
2. At what age can children play with slime?
The minimum age limit may vary from six to eight years depending on the items included in the slime kit. Nevertheless, adult supervision is always advisable.
3. How long does homemade slime last?
If stored well, homemade slime can last for a few weeks.
4. Why should children play with slime?
Apart from keeping them busy and entertained, playing with slime could be an interesting way of introducing them to certain science concepts and alleviating stress (1).
5. Should I wash my hands after playing with slime?
Since slime is a concoction of non-consumable chemicals, it’s always advised to wash your hands thoroughly after playing with it for safety reasons.
6. How long should my child play with slime?
Ensure your child plays with slime for not more than 30-60 minutes per session. Playing with slime for too long could lead to it getting absorbed into the skin, and it could be harmful if the slime contains nasty chemicals, such as borax (2).
7. How can I make slime last long?
Wash your hands before playing with it, store it in an airtight container, and follow all the storage/ care instructions provided by the manufacturer to make the slime last longer.
Playing with slime can be an engaging activity for children as it is fun to play with. It also stimulates their creativity, teaches them about viscosity, and keeps them away from screens. When buying the best slime kits for kids, ensure that they are non-toxic, preferably certified for safety and quality. There are options listed per your kid’s expertise level in making slime, right from beginner to expert, so you can pick one based on how well-versed they are in creating it. You can also pick a slime kit with accessories to help your little one create interesting designs.
Infographic: Facts To Consider Before Buying Slime Kits For Children
Slime has become a popular activity for children and adults alike, with a wide variety of slime kits available on the market. However, before purchasing a slime kit for your child, scroll through the infographic below for a few essential things to consider to ensure it is safe and suitable for them.
- Slime As Playing Therapy On Response Of Biological, Psychological, And Eating Behaviour Of Preschool In Hospital:
- Slime Time: Is It Safe for Kids?
- Slime as Playing Therapy on Response of Biological, Psychological and Eating Behaviour of Preschool in Hospital