Slip-on shoes are your best bet if you do not like laces. Here are the best slip-on shoes for women. Unlike sneakers, these are lightweight and easy to put on and take off. Also, they come in various styles and include features, including shock absorbers, elastic side gores, and padded insoles. Most shoes are made of breathable material, preventing sweat and fungal infections.
We understand that shopping for those perfect pairs of slip-ons based on your requirements or occasion can be a little daunting. Therefore, we have compiled a list of the best-selling slip-on shoes for you to choose from.
11 Best Slip-On Shoes For Women
1. Best Slip-Resistant:Dream Pairs Women’s Mules
The Dream Pairs mules for women feature a stylish mesh design with an anti-skid sole to ensure your safety while walking. These slip-on shoes are suitable for women whose work profile demands them to stay on their feet for hours at length like doctors, nurses, and teachers. The trusted mules have an MD outsole, making them lightweight, while the insole with peeking dots offers comfort and prevents foot fatigue. In addition, the arched structure of the slip-on running shoes adds more cushioning and support, ensuring utmost comfort.
- Foam padded insole
- Textured base for added stability
- Machine washable
- Slip-on sneakers with breathable mesh
- Available in four colors
- Easy to wear
- May run big for some
- May not be suitable for narrow feet
"These women's slip-on mules can provide good comfort to folks with wide or flat feet. I recommend a size smaller if you plan on going sockless. The highlight of this pair is its non-skid feature."
2. Best Ergonomically Designed: Beneker Slip-On Shoes For Women
These women’s slip on sneakers are perfect to wear with shorts, skirts, capris, pants, and dresses. Featuring quality craftsmanship and an ergonomic design, they are made with premium material and are lightweight and breathable. Fitted with a soft insole and a thermoplastic elastomer outsole that is slip-resistant, it offers stability, balance, extra protection, and comfort to your feet all day long. These slip-on dress shoes feature wide, round toes and a cushioned sole, making them perfect for wear when working, hiking, shopping, or traveling.
- Easy to slip on and off
- Features an elastic band inside the tongue lining
- Suitable for wide feet
- Easy to wash
- Skin-friendly lining
- Available in 19 different colors
- Might not be ideal for trekking
- Canvas might stretch a bit after wearing
"I am amazed by the thick, cushioned insole of these cute, easy-to-wear slip-on sneakers and the comfort they offer. While they may not be available in half sizes or broader widths, they fit well. They are also available in various stylish patterns and designs."
3. Best Sustainably Crafted:Dr. Scholls Shoes Madison Slip-On Sneakers
Made of recycled materials, the women’s slip-on shoes by Dr. Scholls Shoes are a suitable option for those looking for sustainable fashion alternatives. The tried-and-tested shoes offer a snug fit with their padded collar and have stretch gore panels on both sides, making them quick and easy to wear. Their soft canvas top material is sourced from recycled plastic bottles, and the foam insole is made from 11% bio-based material. With sidewalls made of white rubber and heels with a tab accent, the slip-on canvas shoes look attractive and are suitable for pairing with various casual outfits.
- Flexible and breathable
- Microfiber upper
- Has lightweight cushioning for support
- Available in an assortment of colors
- May not be comfortable for wide feet
- May not be wear-resistant
"I am glad I found these shoes! The dark gray blends seamlessly with my jeans, and the comfort factor is unbeatable. Also, the shoes do not demand a tedious break-in period!"
Dream Pairs Women’s Mules
Beneker Slip-On Shoes For Women
Best Ergonomically Designed
Dr. Scholls Shoes Madison Slip-On Sneakers
Best Sustainably Crafted
4. Best Quilted Pattern: STQ Slip-On Shoes For Women
These comfortable slip-on shoes for women have an attractive quilted pattern that’s eye-catching and helps you stand out from the ordinary. Its slip on design features elastic side gores for easy wear and a snug fit. It features a soft padded collar and memory foam insole for added comfort and to prevent blisters, and a rubber sole for traction while walking. These loafers are perfect for the office, traveling, driving, or just hanging out with friends, and can be paired up with a variety of outfits. The slip-on driving shoes are also available in black, white, and taupe and in different sizes. Before buying, have a look at this video for more details.
- Durable and flexible rubber sole
- Wavy grain on the sole for better traction
- Ergonomically designed heel part
- Environment-friendly PU material
- Slip-on sneakers with elastic goring
- Lining might feel stiff at the back of the shoe
- Might stretch a bit
"These shoes are worth it, as they are comfortable and water-resistant. The shoes are snug around the top and do not slip off easily. However, you might want to size up, especially if you plan on inserting insoles for arch support."
5. Best Knit Twill: Roxy Women’s Minnow Sneaker
Built for comfort, these premium quality slip-on sneakers for women are great for casual wear and are a best seller of this brand. The upper is crafted with knit twill and it features a rubber sole which gives traction for comfort and stability. Its elastic side gores add to its comfort and make the sneakers easy to pull on and off. They also carry the Roxy flag label. Liked by many reviewers, the padded memory foam canvas insole carries a graphic logo print and it has a terry cloth lining. The flexible TPR injected outsole ensures added comfort to this deck shoe inspired slip-on sneakers. Watch this video to learn more about this pair that is an imitation of slip-on deck shoes.
- Soft corduroy
- Slip-on sneakers with memory foam
- Easy to slip on and off
- Ideal for standing for a long time
- Not water-resistant
- May not offer a snug fit
"This pair is versatile and comes with memory foam insoles. Despite the oversized fit, it's comfortable and made of good-quality materials. I expect it to be durable."
6. Best Sporty:Easy Spirit Women’s Traveltime Mules
Featuring a stylish sporty look, the Easy Spirit women’s mule is made of 80% suede and 20% mesh material. These slip-on shoes for women have a textured rubber sole that prevents accidents due to slipping, making it suitable for women for all ages. The shoes feature a lightly padded insole to prevent fatigue and perforations in the upper for good air circulation. Enjoy the luxury of comfort and style combined with these slip-on shoes for women that can complete your sporty look with their quality craftsmanship.
- Durable construction
- Molded rubber outsole
- Available in eight colors
- Sizing may be inconsistent
- Color may be a bit different that advertised
"The fit of this pair is perfect. The machine-washable pair is now my go-to option when gardening. I plan to re-buy a new pair whenever it wears out."
7. Best Odor-Free: Hsyooes Slip-On Shoes For Women
Don’t compromise on your comfort and style with these comfortable shoes for women made of leather. It features a breathable insole made of soft and comfortable Oxford that prevents foot odor and makes both walking and standing for long stretches much easier. The slip-on casual shoes are super convenient to slip on and off and have a rounded front. These slip-on shoes are available in black, blue, red, and beige, and can be worn with both formal and casual clothes and for a variety of activities.
- Non-slip rubber design
- Sweat-absorbing PU material
- Does not cause blisters with long walking
- Smaller feet might want to go down a size
- Not water-resistant
"These loafers boast a captivating design. They're easy to slip on, and the navy blue hue pairs well with anything. They run a bit small, but the comfort offered by the cushiony soles overshadows this minor hiccup."
8. Best Breathable: Jenn Ardor Slip-On Shoes For Women – Pattern Pink
These premium-quality fashion slip-on sneakers for women are made from the best of manmade material. They feature a thick heel and come with a rubber sole for superior traction, add to your height, and offer you comfort and stability. Perfect for a variety of outfits, these cushioned and comfy shoes have supportive footbeds and a perforated lining for breathability and air circulation.
- Anti-slip rubber sole
- Insoles with latex arch insert
- Available in various different colorful prints
- May not be suitable for wide feet
- May not withstand rough use
"These sneakers have an adorable design and offer a snug fit. They naturally stretch out after a few wears. I'm inclined to get them in another shade."
9. Best Lightweight:Skechers Women’s Slip-On Mules
Made with breathable fabric and rubber soles, the best-selling slip-on mules for women by Skechers provide optimum performance while ensuring utmost comfort. It features a stylish design suitable for work, outdoor errands, and for casual outings. These tried-and-tested slip-on walking shoes provide a snug fit while ensuring enough space for unrestricted movement. Their cushioned, air-cooled memory foam insole keeps your feet secured and comfortable when you have to walk or stand for extended periods.
- Light and slip-resistant rubber sole
- Sturdy and durable construction
- Moisture-wicking insole
- Adjust to most foot shapes
- Available in eight colors
- Seams at the top may start to fray with regular use
- May be challenging to maintain
"With warm insides and rubber soles, these shoes are pure comfort for my feet. And despite being slip-ons, they have a classy look."
10. Best Flexible:Lugz Women’s Clipper Sneakers
With a breathable canvas top and anti-skid, vulcanized rubber sole, the Lugz women’s slip-on shoes offer unparalleled comfort. They have padded insoles and breathable lining that keep your feet soft and comfortable, making them suitable for all-day wear. In addition, the elastic gore and padded collar enable you to effortlessly put the shoes on without having to bend down. Tested by several reviewers, these versatile and flexible slip-on sneakers for women could be your comfortable companion when traveling, heading to work, or just taking a stroll in the city.
- Durable and sturdy rubber outsole
- 100% canvas construction
- Available in different sizes and colors
- Insole may occasionally move out of place
"At first, these slip-on sneakers were slightly snug at the top, causing mild discomfort. But after a few outings in them, they expanded and now fit comfortably. I wouldn't hesitate to buy these again in some other color option."
11. Best Machine Washable: LifeStride Women’s Next Level Slip-On
The LifeStride slip-on shoes for women feature a 100% textile structure with a manually made sole, ensuring utmost comfort while maintaining aesthetic appeal. Their knit fabric upper adds an attractive appearance to the shoes and the breathability aspect ensures proper air circulation. In addition, the slip-on design provides a flexible fit and the soft fabric lining offers protection for your feet. The cushioned insole and arched design offer maximum support with each step and keep your feet comfortable all day long.
- Machine washable
- Stretchable gore panels offer a snug fit
- Suitable for various occasions
- Can be used as both indoor and outdoor shoes
- Available in numerous colors and fabric alternatives
- May be a bit narrow
- May run large for some
"Although I prefer sandals, I'm in love with these shoes. They're comfy and stylish. I wish they were a tad more breathable, but their lightweight aspect compensates for this."
How To Choose The Right Slip-On Shoes For Women?
Here are a few pointers you should keep in mind when choosing the perfect pair for yourself.
- Know your feet: It’s important you know your feet well when it comes to their shape, the kind of arch you have, and where your feet apply most pressure as most brands have shoes to cater to all foot types.
- Don’t multitask with shoes: You need to be sure about what you are planning to use your slip-ons for as different activities require different kinds of shoes. You need stiffer slip-ons for walking and flexible and cushioned slip-ons for running. Do not use the same pair for different activities.
- Measure your feet frequently: Believe it or not, but foot sizes change with age, so it’s a good idea to measure your feet twice a year. Sizes also vary from brand to brand, so go by what fits rather than the size. Also, feet swell by the end of the day so always buy shoes when your feet are at their biggest For an accurate fit assessment, refer to user reviews that specifically address the aspect of sizing.
- Adequate space: Ensure that there is 3/8 to 1/2-inch space between the end of the shoe and the front of your big toe. The heel should fit well and not slip out while walking. The top part of the shoe should fit snugly but not be too tight. You should be able to move your toes comfortably after putting on your shoes.
Jodie Filogomo, a style consultant and fashion blogger, says, “Slip-on shoes come with a number of added features such as clear gel inserts, air pockets for extra shock absorption, tabs, extra cushioning, more traction, and elastic gores. Determine your needs when choosing a pair.”
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When should I wear slip-on shoes?
Slip-on shoes can be worn when you’re walking or running for a short period of time. They also come in handy when you’re going to multiple places and have to remove your shoes. With slip-on shoes, you can just easily wear them without the hassle of tying or untying laces multiple times.
2. Can I wear slip-on shoes with a suit?
Since suits are considered formal outfits, slip-on shoes are not suitable for them because they fall into the category of casual shoes. Shoes like oxfords or slip-on penny loafers are better suited to wear with a suit.
3. Should I wear socks with slip-on shoes?
Yes, you should wear socks with slip-on shoes because they absorb extra moisture that keeps your foot odorless for some time and prevents chafing. If you don’t want to wear socks, you should wear slip-on shoes with breathable and sweat-absorbing fabric.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag is a product writer and reviewer specializing in clothing, skincare, haircare, and beauty products. She has researched the best-selling products and user reviews on different trusted platforms to compile a collection of the finest trendy slip-on shoes for women that are comfortable and lightweight. These consumer-tested options are easy to put on and off; slip-on shoes are available in every size and design. Therefore, Poulami has also included product descriptions and a shopping guide to help you pick the perfect pair of shoes for your needs.
Slip-on shoes are easy to wear and provide optimum comfort throughout the day. They are a lightweight and low-maintenance alternative to sneakers that are suitable for daily wear. However, when choosing the best slip-on shoes for women, ensure they fit your foot perfectly and leave sufficient breathing space, especially if your feet tend to sweat quite often.Further, ensure the shoes have soft and comfortable insoles that offer sufficient support as you go about your daily activities. Opting for slip-on shoes with rubber soles is also a good idea as they offer more traction.
Infographic: Selection Advice For Slip-On Shoes For Women
Women can choose from various footwear options, from heels and stilettos to shoes and flat sandals. Similarly, slip-on shoes are another type of footwear that would make a perfect option for casual outings, daily use, and rough use. They are easy and comfortable to wear. The infographic below states a few more features you should look for in these shoes when buying.