Big appliances in the kitchen may look quite fancy but can be cumbersome and wasteful if you don’t have a large kitchen or a large family. If you have a tiny kitchen or a small family, you may look for small appliances that are easier to handle and convenient to use. From cutters, slicers, can openers to griddles, rice cookers, steamers, egg makers, and more, small appliances find their way into most nuclear households.
We have curated a list of the best small kitchen appliances for a clutter-free kitchen and hassle-free cooking process.
11 Best Small Kitchen Appliances
If you are a beginner at cooking, the Instant Pot Duo Nova is a seven-in-one pressure cooker with a six-quart capacity. The lid seals the pressure valve automatically when you close the lid. It has seven appliances, including a pressure cooker, a sauté pan, slow cooker, steamer, yogurt maker, and food warmer. It, therefore, saves counter-space and keeps away clutter.
It is available in sizes of three, six, eight, and ten quarts to choose from, depending on your family size. You can customize settings and time the cooking program for worry-less cooking. A bright blue display allows you to see which program your cooking is set to. Made of stainless steel, the cooker is rust-proof and easy to clean.
- Smart-steam release button to let out the pressure
- Clear and simple controls
- Worry-free cooking
- Over ten safety features with UL certification
- Customer service is poor
The Ninja Professional Blender works on 1000W power and has a 64-ounce capacity. This sleek blender has crushing blades perfect for blending, crushing ice, and processing frozen fruits and ice. The blender jar is 72-ounce and can make big batches of smoothies, creams, and frozen drinks.
It can also make delicious daiquiris and margaritas. The tool can blast ice into snow in seconds, and you can combine your favorite ingredients into yummy dips and sauces.
- Crushes ice
- BPA-free plastic
- Sic-blade assembly blends the ingredients smoother
- May be noisy
The Honey-Can-Do Double Cereal Dispenser holds up to 17.5 ounces of cereal per container. The dispenser gives out one ounce per twist and preserves freshness for up to 45 days. They can also hold and dispense candy, nuts, granola, legumes, etc. They are portion-controlled, causing minimal wastage.
It has a removable bottom tray that collects crumbs and is easy to clean. The lid keeps the food fresh and can store non-cereal, dry consumables, and pet food.
- Sturdy and shatterproof construction
- Easy to use
- Arms may not be sturdy for heavy contents
Vacuum sealing preserves food longer and keeps it free from bacteria and mold. It has a stain-resistant body and is easy to clean by simple wiping. The appliance comes with two sealing modes, one for dry foods and the other for moist foods. It also facilitates sealing half-used oil, wine, or vinegar. The kit includes a unique wine stopper cork to reseal half-used wine bottles or save the fizz in opened fizzy drink bottles. It is a space-saver in the refrigerator as sealed packs take less space than storage boxes.
Simple to operate with soft-touch digital buttons, NutriChef Vacuum Sealer preserves food up to five times longer. This starter kit includes a vacuum sealer, air suction hose, a wine stopper cork, one extra-long vacuum bag roll, and five medium vacuum bags.
- Lightweight and compact design
- LED indicator lights
- Hassle-free operation
- Reusable and waterproof bags
- Instructions may not be clear
Portable and travel-friendly, Kitchen Mama offers a battery-operated handheld electric can opener. The blade is sharp, facilitates quick cutting, and has a smooth edge for your safety. It gives you hands-free convenience as it rotates automatically and can be started and stopped with the press of a button.
The opener keeps pressure off the hands and wrist. It cuts along the lid side without touching the food inside, and a built-in magnet helps lift the lid. It is best suitable for small and medium cans.
- No sharp edges
- Easy for children to operate
- 100% hygienic
- One-year replacement policy
- Easy to operate
- Not suitable for big cans
The Presto 22-inch griddle features a textured and non-stick surface for cooking. A Control Master heat control maintains the cooking temperature automatically and prevents burning or over-cooking.
It is made of a heavy-duty cast aluminum base. The slide-out drip tray is easy to clean. Once the heat control is removed, you can fully immerse the griddle in water for proper cleaning. You can store the griddle in most 18-inch kitchen cabinets.
- Removable handles
- Compact storage
- Automatic heat control
- Size makes it challenging to clean
The Dash Rapid Egg Cooker is a perfect appliance to have in every kitchen, and it makes six boiled eggs at a time. It comprises a non-stick two-egg poaching tray that makes omelets too. Compact and light, this egg cooker comes in handy in small kitchens, dorms, and for travel. The auto-shutoff feature prevents the eggs from getting overcooked. The accessories are easy to store inside the appliance, and it cooks your eggs to perfection.
- Non-electric parts are dishwasher-safe
- Auto-shutoff feature
- Timer feature
- Poaches only two eggs at a time
If you want to make casseroles, roasts, grills, fries, stews, bakes, and more, this Presto Electric Skillet could be a perfect product for you. It features a tempered glass cover, high sidewalls, and a large 16-inch wide base.
A Control Master heat control automatically maintains the cooking temperature. The skillet is made of a heavy cast aluminum base and has a non-stick finish for easy cleaning and stick-free cooking. The stylish appliance can double as a buffer server too.
- Automatic heat control
- Energy saver
- Coating may come off with metal tools
Created from AirCrisp technology, the fryer fries with hot air instead of hot oil. This gives you satiable fried food with 75% less fat than a traditional oil fryer. It is convenient for any size kitchen and has a 2.6qt capacity.
The crisper basket provides a greater surface area inside the fryer and allows it to get crisper faster. You can air fry frozen meat and snacks such as fish sticks, chicken nuggets, French fries, and other snacks, and the fryer turns off automatically to avoid overcooking.
- Adjustable time and temperature control
- Not easy to clean
The Fullstar Mandoline Slicer is a five-in-one vegetable chopper. It includes five interchangeable blades, including a julienne grater, V-slicer, mandoline cutter, vegetable cutter, and zoodle maker. It has a one-quart catch tray that makes the preparation process easy and mess-free. There is a lid for storing salads and cut vegetables.
The slicer has an adjustable dialer that allows you to choose the thickness of the vegetable slices. The mandoline slicer includes a bonus three-in-one adjustable handheld spiralizer. The blades are stainless steel and razor-sharp, but the slicer comes with a finger guard and a protective glove for your safety.
- Compact and versatile tool
- Dishwasher-safe and easy to clean
- Easy to use
- No mess and no slips
- BPA-free plastic
- May need extra pressure for hard vegetables
Philips Indoor Grill is a smoke-less appliance that grills and browns the food to perfect taste. It is powered with advanced infrared heat technology that creates 80% less smoke with minimum splattering. The special reflectors guide the heat towards the grid, facilitating even grilling.
The grease tray underneath stays cool enough, so there is no smoke. The non-stick aluminum grid gives your meats and vegetables authentic BBQ grill marks.
- Smoke-less infrared heat technology
- Minimizes unpleasant smoke and grease
- Easy to set up
- Detachable parts are dishwasher-safe
- Inside edges and corners are difficult to clean
How To Choose The Right Small Kitchen Appliances?
Here are some guidelines to consider while buying a small kitchen appliance.
- Multi-purpose: Check if the appliance you are picking is multi-functional. For example, a slicer can be a cutter, spiralizer, zoodle maker, etc. A multi-cooker can double up as a steamer, sauté pan, food warmer, etc. The advantage of a single yet multi-purpose appliance is its convenience and space-saving feature.
- Cost-effective: Consider the consumption of volts and wattage along with the capacity. For example, if an egg-maker can make four eggs when your family needs 12, you are spending more time, energy, and cost making the eggs in three batches.
- Detachable parts: Most small appliances may be difficult to clean as the parts are smaller. Consider an appliance with detachable parts, blades, and handles, making it easy to clean and convenient to store.
- Portable: Depending on the appliance you are buying, make sure it is lightweight, travel-friendly, portable, easy to pack, and store. Some sharp objects, such as a can cutter, should have a protective safety cover.
- Easy cleaning: Look for material that is rust-proof, stain-proof, and detachable. It is better if the attachments or the appliance is dishwasher- safe or can be wiped clean.
- Non-stick: The material should be durable, sturdy, and safe for you, the food, and the environment.
Small kitchen appliances are useful for small families, dormitory-living, camping, and traveling. Multi-purpose small appliances are also a good bet for beginners in the kitchen. They are easy to use, clean, store, and work better for preparing small quantities. Hope the above list of the best small kitchen appliances will help you get home some handy appliances.