Teens are tech-savvy. So getting them a wristwatch that just tells the time may not make them happy. They would love to have a watch that can keep track of their calories burnt, plays the latest music, and more. A smartwatch for teens can do all this and more.
With the demand for these advanced watches increasing, the market is flooded with new smartwatches every single day. So yes, picking the best one could be tricky. In this post, MomJunction lists some of the best smartwatches for teens. Consider the features, the cost, and the aesthetics as well before investing in a smartwatch for teenagers.
9 Best Smartwatches For Teenagers
Here are some of the top smartwatches for the smart generation. Pick your favorites and narrow down to the one you want to flaunt.
1. Samsung Galaxy
If you are looking for a watch that can be your next best friend, this is the one for you. This watch tells the time and also gauges your stress levels, just like your best friend would.
- The watch comes in three color variants: silver, rose gold, and midnight black.
- It can go nonstop for a long time on a single charge.
- This watch also tracks your sleep and calories. The watch is designed to help you get ample rest while staying active, to maintain a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
- It can make and answer calls, has an integrated speaker and a microphone. The watch can also be used to respond to text messages, and access scores, headlines, and playlists.
- This Galaxy Watch can last long, thanks to its military-grade durability.
- It is resistant to water, and the Corning Gorilla glass makes it scratch-proof as well.
- It is advisable to avoid excessive and sudden temperature changes or perform high-velocity activities while wearing the watch.
- Rinse the watch in fresh water if it is exposed to saltwater or chlorinated water.
2. Emporio Armani
Every gadget now comes with a touchscreen, so why not a watch? This Emporio Armani smartwatch comes with advanced features that include a touchscreen.
- This watch can track the heart rate.
- It offers smartphone notifications, makes NFC(near-field communication) payments, and also can be tracked by GPS.
- Rapid charging with 24-hour battery life and touchscreen functionality are the USPs of this watch.
- It has a microphone, Google Assistant, and comes with customizable watch faces.
- The watch can also play and store music.
- It has multiple time zones with alarm and timer options.
- This watch is swim-proof but not ideal for underwater activities like diving or snorkeling.
3. Casio Pro-tek
A smart, sporty watch for teens who love the outdoors and adventure.
- This quartz movement watch from Casio supports GPS, has a digital compass, altimeter, and barometer, making it ideal for all kinds of outdoor activities.
- The activity tracker helps you stay fit and can track your health goals.
- Its design comprises of a dual-layer LCD structure, which makes the watch durable and sturdy.
- It has an inbuilt microphone and is compatible with both android and iOS mobile phones.
- The dial also displays the map in a multi-colored pattern.
- The battery lasts up to 25 hours when the GPS mode is on. It can last for as long as a month when it is used only in the timepiece mode.
- This watch is water-resistant up to 50m, hence suitable for a short time in the water.
Chic, stylish, and elegant in every way, this Withings watch can be your new favorite accessory for evening parties or outings.
- Beautifully designed, this watch has a premium Italian leather wristband and a sapphire glass dial, which gives it a classy look.
- It can track your activities, heart rate, and sleep schedules to keep you fit and healthy.
- The activity tracker works 24/7 and can keep a check on more than 30 styles of fitness routines with its inbuilt workout mode.
- The connected GPS maps all your movements.
- The best thing about this watch is its battery that can last up to 25 days on a single charge. It can run for a bonus 20 days when used in the power saver mode.
- It is water-resistant up to 50m.
5. Kate Spade
This cute watch is perfect for someone looking for a timepiece that is not just stylish but also functionally efficient.
- It has a pretty scallop touchscreen dial, and the wristband is made of silicone material that is safe on the skin. It is available in five colors.
- The watch displays all the smartphone notifications that can help you make lists, reminders, and play or control music.
- It helps in activity tracking for a healthy lifestyle.
- This Kate Spade watch can also check the weather and even set to different time zones of the world.
- The touchscreen dial can be customized the way you like.
- The battery lasts up to 24 hours on a single charge.
- It is water-resistant up to 30ft.
6. Marc Jacobs Riley Hybrid
If you are looking for a sporty-looking smartwatch with amazing battery life, this one can be a good idea.
- Available in six different styles, this Marc Jacobs smartwatch has a gold-toned aluminum case and a wrist strap made of rubber.
- A unique feature of this watch is the selfie button with remote camera shutter activation.
- It can play and control music, track activities, monitor sleep, and read all the notifications on your smartphone.
- The dial has customizable button options to suit your needs.
- It is compatible with both iOS and Android mobile phones, and the battery lasts up to six months.
- The watch is water-resistant up to 50m or 165ft.
7. Timex Metropolitan smartwatch
This metropolitan plus smartwatch is a blend of stylish activity tracker and traditional analog watch.
- It is available in five different variants and has a round analog dial.
- This smartwatch can sync with the mobile phone.
- The luminous hands and notch markers record the activities. It can track steps and also the calories burnt.
- The watch has a band made of leather, and the dial is set in a brass case.
- It is water-resistant up to 100m or 330ft.
- The best feature of this smartwatch is that it does not require any charging.
8. Fossil Gen 4
A sleek and dynamic watch with a powerful dial, this Fossil watch is one of the best options for you.
- This Fossil Gen 4 watch comes in 11 variants that have a leather strap and stainless steel touchscreen dial, which can also be customized.
- It is compatible with Google fit and can track your heart rate and activity.
- The watch can also play and control music.
- This can read your smartphone’s notifications and track GPS. It also has an inbuilt microphone and speaker.
- It has an estimated 24-hour battery life on a single charge.
- This watch also features calendar alerts, custom goals, and alarm settings, and can also display multiple time zones.
- It shows the weather as per the local climatic conditions.
- With the LED flashlight option, this watch can help you navigate easily in dark surroundings.
- It is swim-proof and is also water-resistant up to 50m.
9. Michael Kors Access Sofie
This elegant smartwatch is not just beautiful but fully functional, powerful, and efficient as well.
- This beautiful Michael Kors watch comes in nine variants with different bracelet styles. The band and case are both made of stainless steel.
- The watch also offers customizable dials and interchangeable bands.
- It can read smartphone notifications, and the touchscreen dial offers various functional features.
- The watch can track goals, activity, and play or control music.
- The battery of this smartwatch can last up to 24 hours on a single charge.
- It is resistant to only minor splashes of water but not suitable for swimming or shower.
Precautions To Take
Smartwatches can surely make life easy, convenient, and exciting, but there are some important precautions to take while using this watch.
- Anyone who has an implanted medical device must place this watch at least 20cm away from it. It is advisable to wear a smartwatch on the opposite wrist and not on the same wrist as the medical device.
- Do not place the watch around the heart or chest area.
- Remove the smartwatch while undergoing any medical or spa treatment.
- If you think you are allergic to the materials used for making the dial or strap, discontinue its usage.
- Don’t forget to read the safety instructions on the manual of these smartwatches.
Click a selfie, play music, stay fit, and do a lot more with a smartwatch on your wrist. Stay updated with the latest technologies, invest in a smartwatch, and make the most of its features. When you got it, you gotta flaunt it right!
What are the features you look for while buying a smartwatch? Do tell us in the comment section below.
Disclaimer: MomJunction may earn a commission when products are purchased through affiliate links given in the article. However, this partnership does not influence the editorial content featuring on our list.
Latest posts by Harshita Makvana (see all)
- 15 Best Boots To Buy For Girls In 2019 - September 19, 2019
- 13 Best Kids Winter Coats To Buy In 2019 - September 19, 2019
- 11 Best Bean Bags To Buy For Kids In 2019 - September 16, 2019
- 13 Play Tents To Buy For Kids In 2019 - September 13, 2019
- 15 Best Bikes To Buy For Kids In 2019 - September 13, 2019
- 9 Best Keyboards To Buy For Kids In 2019 - September 11, 2019
- 9 Best Smart Watches To Buy For Teens In 2019 - August 30, 2019
- 11 Top Designer Dress Brands For Girls - August 29, 2019
- 15 Best Dollhouses To Buy For Children In 2019 - August 28, 2019
- 15 Best Jackets To Buy For Girls In 2019 - August 28, 2019