Children these days are leagues ahead of adults in terms of technology. So, if your teen is excited by innovations, you could introduce them to the best smartwatches for teens. These watches look more stylish than traditional watches and tell you more than the time.
A smartwatch can help your teen stay fit and active every day by monitoring their heart rate, daily steps, and much more. It also adds a touch of sophistication to their wardrobe. Below, we have listed the top teen smartwatches that are comfortable, stylish, and offer several interesting features. These watches will keep your teens engaged with everything from their health to the latest music.
Our Top Picks
9 Best Smartwatches For Teenagers
Here are some of the top smartwatches for the smart generation. Pick your favorites and narrow down to the one you want to flaunt.
1. Best Durable: Samsung Galaxy Watch
If you are looking for a watch that can be your next best friend, this is the one for you. This watch tells the time and also gauges your stress levels, just like your best friend would. It can make and answer calls, and has an integrated speaker and a microphone. The watch can also be used to respond to text messages, and access scores, headlines, and playlists. The watch comes in three color variants: silver, rose gold, and midnight black. It is advisable to avoid excessive and sudden temperature changes or perform high-velocity activities while wearing the watch. Rinse the watch in fresh water if it is exposed to saltwater or chlorinated water.
- Works for long on a single charge
- Military-grade durability
- Tracks your sleep and calories
- Resistant to water and scratch
- Storage space may not be sufficient
- May not be great for reading messages
2. Best Touchscreen: Emporio Armani Touch Screen Smartwatch
Every gadget now comes with a touchscreen, so why not a watch? This Emporio Armani smartwatch comes with advanced features that include a touchscreen. It has a microphone, Google Assistant, and comes with customizable watch faces. It also offers smartphone notifications, makes NFC (near-field communication) payments, and can be tracked by GPS. This watch is swim-proof but not ideal for underwater activities like diving or snorkeling.
- Can track your heart rate
- Rapid charging with 24-hour battery life
- Can play and store music
- Has multiple time zones with alarm and timer options
- Face might be small
- Battery may not be long-lasting
3. Best For Health Tracking: Amazfit Bip U Pro Smart Watch
Health tracking has been made easier with the Amazfit Bip U Smart Watch. It helps you track your 24-hour heart rate, stress levels, sleep quality, blood oxygen level, and even menstrual cycle. The smart watch features a 1.43-inch color screen and an impressive visual display for messages, reminders, and incoming calls. It also gives smart notifications and allows you to view the calendar and weather forecast and control the music and camera of your phone.
- Built-in GPS and Alexa
- Has 60+ sports modes
- Water-resistant up to 50 meters
- Nine-day battery life
- Ultra-light design
- Display may be a bit dim for outdoor use
- May not come with clear instructions for setting it up
4. Best Premium: Withings Steel Hybrid Smartwatch
Chic, stylish, and elegant in every way, this Withings watch can be your new favorite accessory for evening parties or outings. Beautifully designed, this watch has a premium Italian leather wristband and a sapphire glass dial, which gives it a classy look. The best thing about this watch is its battery, which can last up to 25 days on a single charge. It can run for a bonus 20 days when used in the power-saver mode. Check out this product review video and pick the best-suited one for your needs.
- Water-resistant up to 50m
- Can track your activities, heart rate, and sleep schedules
- Connected GPS maps all your movements
- Activity tracker works 24/7 and can keep a check on more than 30 styles of fitness routines with its inbuilt workout mode
- May have one repeatable alarm time
- Bluetooth might disconnect multiple times
5. Best Water-Resistant: Kate SpadeTouchscreen Smartwatch
The cute watch is perfect for someone looking for a timepiece that is not just stylish but also functionally efficient. It has a pretty scallop touchscreen dial, and the wristband is made of silicone material that is safe on the skin. The watch displays all the smartphone notifications that can help you make lists, set reminders, and play or control music. It is available in five colors. Watch this video to get a detailed review of the watch.
- Helps in activity tracking for a healthy lifestyle
- Can check the weather
- Can be set to different time zones of the world
- Touchscreen dial can be customized
- Water-resistant up to 9.14m
- Battery lasts up to 24 hours on a single charge
- Might overheat after extended use
- Might be slightly bulky
6. Best Battery Life: Marc Jacobs Riley Hybrid Smartwatch
If you are looking for a sporty-looking smartwatch with amazing battery life, this one can be a good pick. Available in six different styles, this Marc Jacobs smartwatch has a gold-toned aluminum case and a wrist strap made of rubber. A unique feature of this watch is the selfie button with remote camera shutter activation. Check out this product review video to learn more.
- Can play and control music, track activities, monitor sleep, and read all the notifications on your smartphone
- Dial has customizable button options
- Compatible with iOS and Android mobile phones
- Water-resistant up to 50m
- Battery lasts up to six months
- May not be scratch-proof
- Might be difficult to use in the dark
7. Best Activity Tracker: Timex Metropolitan Smartwatch
This metropolitan plus smartwatch is a blend of stylish activity tracker and traditional analog watch. It is available in five variants and has a round analog dial. This watch has a band made of leather, and the dial is set in a brass case. The best feature of this smartwatch is that it does not require any charging.
- Can sync with the mobile phone
- Luminous hands and notch markers to record activities
- Can track steps and also the calories burnt
- Water-resistant up to 100m
- App may be difficult to sync
- Battery may not be great
8. Best Customizable: Fossil Gen 4 Smartwatch
A sleek and dynamic watch with a powerful dial, this Fossil watch is one of the best options for you. It comes in 11 variants with a leather strap and stainless steel touchscreen dial, which can also be customized. This watch also features calendar alerts, custom goals, and alarm settings, and can also display multiple time zones. It is compatible with Google fit and can track your heart rate and activity.
- Can play and control music
- Has an estimated 24-hour battery life on a single charge
- Has an inbuilt microphone and speaker
- Can read your smartphone’s notifications and track GPS
- Shows the weather as per the local climatic conditions
- With the LED flashlight option, this watch can help you navigate easily in dark surroundings
- Swim-proof and water-resistant up to 50m
- Touchscreen may be slightly sensitive
- Strap might get dirty easily
9. Best Versatile: Michael Kors Access Sofie
The versatile smartwatch is beautiful, powerful, and efficient. It comes in nine variants with different bracelet styles. The band and case are both made of stainless steel, and it includes an extra buckle to let you use it with interchangeable straps.
- Offers customizable dials and interchangeable bands
- Can track goals, activity, and play or control music
- Battery lasts up to 24 hours on a single charge
- Can read smartphone notifications, and the touchscreen dial offers various functional features
- May not be suitable for swimming or showers
- May not work well with iPhones
Precautions To Take
Smartwatches can surely make life easy, convenient, and exciting, but there are some important precautions to take while using this watch.
- Anyone who has an implanted medical device must place this watch at least 20cm away from it. It is advisable to wear a smartwatch on the opposite wrist and not on the same wrist as the medical device.
- Do not place the watch around the heart or chest area.
- Remove the smartwatch while undergoing any medical or spa treatment.
- If you think you are allergic to the materials used for making the dial or strap, discontinue its usage.
- Don’t forget to read the safety instructions on the manual of these smartwatches.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Wedesto Chirhah is a seasoned product writer and reviewer who primarily covers electronic items, household products, and more. He has compiled this list of the best smartwatches for teens after factoring in their durability, battery life, and specifications, such as water resistance, glass type, and GPS tracking capabilities. He also lists the precautions one should take when wearing a smartwatch to keep your teens safe.
Smartwatches do more than just show time. They help you store and play music, track heart rate, monitor sleep, offer you weather updates, and do so much more. Wearing one encourages teenagers to stay active and healthy. The best smartwatches are durable, water-resistant, and stylish. They also have excellent battery life, customizable dials, and interchangeable bands. When choosing one for your tech-savvy teen, ensure it has all the basic features. Also, teach them about the safety precautions they should take when wearing one.
What are the features you look for while buying a smartwatch? Do tell us in the comment section below.
- Best Watches For Skiing And Snowboarding
- Best Women’s Wrist Watches
- Best Disney Watches For Kids
- Best Fishing Watches