Snowboarding is a recreational winter activity and a Winter Olympic sport. If you enjoy snowboarding or hone your skills in it, you need the right type of snowboarding gloves besides other sporting equipment.
Gloves play an important role in keeping the hands warm and protecting them during a fall on snow. Before buying the best gloves, you need to check several aspects, such as the quality, size, style, materials used, functions, and the grip of the gloves.
Read on for a list featuring the best gloves for snowboarding and choose the right ones, depending on your requirements.
15 Best Gloves for Snowboarding
The MCTI gloves have 3mm padding in the palm and a Fan-tex TPU membrane that keeps the moisture out and reduces hand fatigue to a great extent. These gloves are insulated with 40 grams 3M Thinsulate material and 140 grams of warm cotton, which keeps the hands warm, even in extreme weather conditions. They come in different sizes, different color options, and also has an anti-lost connection buckle.
- Windproof and waterproof function
- Multifunctional with a nose wipe fabric on thumb, flexible hand grip, and ultra-soft PU palm
- Zipper pocket to carry ID cards, keys
- Buckle wrist strap and adjustable string closure for protection in cold weather
- The lining is very comfortable and soft to touch
- Easy single-pull closure
- Connecting clips to keep both the gloves safely
- The gloves may retain moisture in extreme conditions
These waterproof ski gloves are made of a three-layer nylon outer shell and synthetic leather in the palm area. The TPU membrane helps in moisture absorption for keeping your hands dry, and thermal insulation in the gloves provides warmth. They are available in different sizes from small to extra-large.
- Adjustable wrist buckle for a perfect fit
- Protection against bruises and abrasions
- Easy to connect anti-loss closure
- Breathable gloves
- The fabric lining might be a bit tight
If you want a pair of gloves with a rugged look, then go for these by WindRider. These are multi-purpose gloves used for skiing, snow blowing, ice fishing, and snowboarding. The five-layered gloves also have a water-resistant coating and a thick Cordura nylon covering. They have Thinsulate insulation and a Hipora liner that acts as a barrier to prevent the entry of water. The gloves are available in a range of sizes from small to XXL.
- Touchscreen fingertips to answer calls
- Pockets on the back for storage of cards and keys
- Soft fleece lining for that extra warmth
- Nose wipe strip
- Wrist tensioner
- Water does not penetrate, but the glove might get wet
These polyester and fleece gloves provide the right level of grip and dexterity. The thick, soft fleece present inside and at the cuffs keeps hands warm. They have a moisture-wicking property that keeps the hands dry and comfortable. These gloves are available in various sizes for your little one.
- Gloves have an elastic wrist band for easy wear
- Anti-slip soft PU for skid resistance
- Windproof, soft, ultralight, and breathable
- Comes with a 20-month seller guarantee for quality issues
- Stitches placed to prevent abrasions and excellent grip
- Eye-catching and bright colors
- 3D snowflake pattern
- Seams may loosen
Keegud ski gloves are made of warm thick cotton with spandex and Thinsulate. They keep your hands warm even at -30℉ and can be used for snowboarding as well as other sports like hiking, climbing, and skiing. The outer layer is made of 150D polyester material that is both windproof and waterproof.
- Wrist strap can be adjusted to avoid cold and give you a snug fit
- Breathable gloves with a soft fleece layer
- Premium PU leather for anti-slip function
- The knitted cuff helps in easy wear and take off
- Anti-loss buckle in the wrist strap makes the glove fit better and safe
- Touchscreen-friendly material on the index finger for calling and texting
- The gloves may get wet due to snow
Alpine Swiss Men’s gloves are made of 3M Thinsulate material and are thick enough to trap the heat. This keeps your hands warm and comfortable even in extremely cold weather. These gloves come in handy for all winter sports activities, as the outer layer is made of polyester material that is both windproof and waterproof. These gloves come in many colors to match with your winter outfit.
- The long cuffs with drawstring closure can be tightened against the cold weather
- The palms are made of TPU material for good grip
- The fleece lining adds extra comfort and warmth
- Elastic straps on the wrists keep your gloves secure
- Available in a wide range of colors
- Seams may fall apart
These Yobenki Ski gloves are built with high-quality cotton insulation inside to keep the hands warm and comfortable. They offer the right grip and dexterity and have double lock thermal insulators. The best thing about these gloves is that they are available for men, women, and even kids.
- Made of thick, soft fleece to protect from frostbite
- Anti-slip leather palm
- The material is snow and wind-resistant
- Water might seep inside the gloves
These specially designed winter gloves claim to keep your hands warm even in extreme weather conditions from -22°F TO -4°F. The three-layer material made of polyester and cotton provides thermal insulation. These water-resistant gloves are available in a range of sizes and are designed to protect your hands from the snow.
- The wrist button helps in giving you the perfect fit
- Extremely breathable and durable
- Sizes suitable for men, women, and children
- Hands might get wet when exposed to snow for long
These are among the best gloves for snowboarding, as they are layered with polyester fabric and a TPU waterproof layer. The middle layer is made of 3M Thinsulate to support the heating system. You get these gloves in a variety of sizes from small to extra-large.
- They have rubber snow wipers
- Protects hands from frostbite
- Zippered pocket for carrying cash and keys
- Single pull closure
- Stitches between the fingers might cause irritation
- The waterproof layer may fail
These are perhaps the warmest gloves for snowboarding as they are insulated with 3M Thinsulate cotton and polar fleece. The waterproof layer keeps the hands dry, while the doubled elastic wristband locks the water, snow, and wind. PU palm of the snow gloves prevents abrasions.
The mobile phone friendly gloves are layered with a conductive fabric that allows photography, texting, and calling. They are very comfortable and found in a range of sizes from medium to extra-large.
- Designed for skaters of all skill levels
- Highly flexible as every movement is natural
- Water-resistant and windproof
- Moisture absorbing properties
- 3D fingers offer proper grip and dexterity
- May not be durable
- It might not keep the hands warm in extreme weather conditions
Skydeer ski gloves are among the warmest gloves for snowboarding. The palm is naturally flexible and soft, made of 3M Scotchgard waterproof deerskin leather. The back is made of nylon material and provides comfort and dexterity. They have a Thinsulate lining that protects your hands on cold winter days. They have sizes from small to extra-large.
- Knitted inner cuff and adjustable strap for the perfect fit
- The deerskin suede makes it more flexible and provides a good stretch
- Plastic buckle and zipper
- Breathable and skin-friendly socked lining
- Keeps the hand sweat-free and dry
- The seams might get loose over extended use
- May not keep your hands warm in extremely cold weather
The 7-Mi kids’ gloves are made of waterproof fabric on the top and the TPU layer within to prevent soaking by absorbing the excess moisture. The grip is excellent as it is layered with an anti-skid feature at the palm. This keeps your children safe while doing outdoor activities. The gloves are of free size for kids in the age group of three to five years.
- The wrist strap can be adjusted for easy wear and removal
- It locks the heat to keep the hand warm
- Several color options
- A 16-month full refund warranty for customer satisfaction
- Easy to wash in a single spin
- Thick and soft fleece lining to keep the hands warm
- May not be as durable
- The stitches might get ripped soon
This could be one of the best heated gloves for snowboarding at an affordable price point. They are made of superior quality cotton for that extra warmth. The cuff length is extended and adjustable to avoid cold fingers and hands. The polyester surface lets the snow and rainwater roll down and keeps the hands dry. The cotton-soft lining makes it light and gives a second-skin feel. They are available in a range of sizes.
- The Velcro strap ensures a perfect fit
- Polyurethane layer protects hands from abrasions and gives a good grip
- Can be washed in the machine
- Comfortable and warm
- Touchscreen incompatible
- The seams might wear off
- Water absorption may be poor
Mysuntown is known for its best waterproof gloves for snowboarding. The outer layer is of waterproof material, which prevents water retention and keeps the hand dry. There is a coating of cotton, which is light in weight and helps in keeping the hands warm. It is available for both men and women, in medium, large, and extra-large sizes.
- The stretchable wrist strap is used to tighten the wristband for warmth
- Adjustable telescopic buckle
- One pull closure
- Durable genuine leather palm
- Sturdy grip that increases the performance metric
- May not absorb water properly
Minsky is known to offer quality gear, and these wrist guard gloves are no exception. They are layered with the superior quality acrylic fiber cotton fleece inside and are quite thick to keep your hands warm. The TPU layer does block water by keeping your hands dry. These gloves must be air-dried, so you need not dip them in water for washing always. These gloves come in two sizes – large and extra-large.
- These gloves have an index finger touch technology, which can be used for answering calls or texting
- These snowboard gloves have a zip pocket where you can store keys or your cards
- Drawstring closure for preventing cold air from entering inside the gloves
- The stitching may loosen
How To Choose The Best Gloves For Snowboarding?
Here are a few factors you need to consider for picking the best waterproof gloves for snowboarding.
- Insulation: The material used for thermal insulation must be warm material, like synthetic wool. Gloves with fleece tend to keep the hands warm without affecting the hand’s dexterity.
- Fitting: This is one of the most important features as fitting will aid in breathability and prevent discomfort for your fingers and hands.
- Waterproof: Snowboarding mittens or gloves must be water repellent. Waterproof fabric is used to layer the gloves to prevent water retention, while the gloves’ moisture-wicking ability keeps the hands warm and dry.
- Wrist closure: Consider gloves with an adjustable wrist strap as it lets you customize them for the best possible fit.
- Size: The correct size facilitates a good grip that helps in boosting your performance while snowboarding. Before you make a purchase, check the size chart for the perfect fit.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need padded/armored gloves?
It depends on the purpose of using gloves. If you are into racing, then you can use padded gloves. But if it’s just for snowboarding at leisure, then it is not required. However, armored gloves do look good.
- Should I use waterproof or regular gloves?
The use of waterproof snowboard gloves is very much important because the snow on the hands can make them wet and cold. So, the solution is to wear water-resistant or waterproof mittens.
- How to wash snowboarding gloves?
If the material is cotton, then you can give a mild spin in the machine, or else air drying can also be done. It is always better to air dry the mittens or wash them if they are soiled as wet gloves can breed fungus.
Snowboarding gloves are worth every penny that you invest because they provide comfort, protection, and warmth to your tender hands. With so many choices, all you can do is compare the features and the price point and buy the best gloves for snowboarding for a safe and comfortable experience.