Keep your child’s skin soft and nourished with our list of the best soaps for kids. These soaps help get rid of dirt and germs, maintain hydration, and restore optimal pH levels. They also help strengthen the skin barrier, keeping your child safe and fresh. These soaps are free of harsh chemicals, making them suitable for your child’s sensitive skin. With various options available, choosing the right soap could be challenging. So, explore our list to learn more and make your child’s bath time fun.
Our Top Picks
10 Best Soaps For Kids
1. Best Paraben-Free: Everyone 3-in-1 Kids Soap
Everyone offers a 3-in-1 formula that can be used as shampoo, body wash, or bubble bath soap for kids. The blend of davana, orange, and lavender essential oils with sweet berry extracts gives a fresh scent making their bathtime a relaxing experience. This gentle soap contains aloe vera, calendula, chamomile, and white tea extracts that clean, hydrate, and soften your little one’s skin. It also has vitamin E and B5 that provide them with much-needed skin nourishment. The EWG-verified soap offers three flavors and comes in 100% recyclable bottles. With over 10,800 rave reviews on Amazon, this can be an impressive choice.
- Includes natural and organic ingredients
- GMO- and cruelty-free
- Synthetic-free fragrance
- Soothing and nourishing
- May not be suitable for sensitive skin
- May leave a strong fragrance
2. Best Calming: Southern Natural Lavender Goat Milk Soap
Southern Natural’s milk soap bar contains olive oil, coconut oil, and goat milk, suitable for all skin types. Goat milk, the main ingredient that contains fatty acids, proteins, vitamins, and minerals that keep your kid’s skin soft and supple while reducing inflammation and irritation. The cold-pressed olive, coconut, and palm oils lather up, moisturize, and soothe your little one’s skin. This soap bar is ideal for the face, hands, and body, and all age groups. as indicated by close to 2,000 reviews on Amazon.
- Treats eczema
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Cold-pressed oils
- Handmade soap
- Calming and moisturizing
- Kids feel fresh and clean
- May dry out the skin
- May leave a strong fragrance
3. Best Sulfate-Free: Moneysworth& Best Funhouse Foam Soap
Moneysworth&Best offers gentle kids foam soap in eight fruity fragrances. The formula contains sweet fruit extracts and is free from CFCs, sulfates, parabens, and phthalates. Its flexible foam can make cute shapes and sculptures or bounce and float in water. According to the label and over 1,400 reviewers on Amazon, the soap is suitable for bathtub, kiddie pool, and shower. Although the formulation is mild and gentle, it should be used only as a body wash.
- Great colors
- Fun for kids
- Lasts a longer time
- Gentle on skin
- Leaves a residue
- Fragrance may be strong
4. Best Moisturzing: Natrulo Oatmeal Honey Goat Milk Soap
Natrulo’s soap bar contains a blend of goat milk, powdered cactus honey, and colloidal oatmeal, which are safe and gentle on the skin. Powdered cactus honey, rich in antioxidants and nutrients, helps reduce inflammation, irritation, and itchiness and repairs damaged skin. The colloidal oatmeal in the soap helps soothe and calm your little one’s skin. Besides these essential ingredients, this kids’ bar soap also has patchouli, sandalwood, and vanilla oils that provide a rejuvenating spa experience. These handmade bar soaps are ideal for all age groups and acne-prone and sensitive skin types.
- Relieves itchy and irritated skin
- Cleanser and moisturizer
- All-natural ingredients
- Spa-like experience
- Overpowering fragrance
5. Best Vanilla-Scented: Alex Bath Jellie Pops Kids Bath Soap Kit
Turn your little one’s bath time into a fun activity with the DIY jellie pops kids’ bath soap kit. The kit comes with three plastic push-up pop containers, three packs of jelly powder, a measuring cup, a body wash, and a stand. To create this unique soap, you will have to mix multiple jelly powder colors, and the body wash and pour it into the containers. Then, place the mesh bath pouf onto each pop container, push the handle and release the body wash.
- Easy to make
- Suitable for six-year-old kids and above
- Colors are murky and dull
6. Best Bath Bomb: I Am Happy Unicorn Bath Bomb
This bath bomb is a perfect way to surprise your little ones and have more fun with them during their bath time. The 5 oz pink and purple swirl bomb does not stain the tub, which saves you from the hassle of cleaning the tub after bathing your toddler. It is formulated with natural and vegan ingredients and makes for a great option for your child’s sensitive skin as it is free of parabens, phthalates, and sulfates.
- Comes with a surprise necklace
- Does not leave an oily residue
- Safe ingredients
- 100% handmade
- May dissolve too quickly
7. Best Cruelty-Free: Zaaina Kids Soap Bar
The adorable animal soap bars from Zaaina are handcrafted by combining 100% natural ingredients, including canola, coconut, lavender, lemon, olive oil, and shea and cocoa butter. These premium ingredients create a rich, creamy lather that leaves their skin clean, hydrated, moisturized, and soft. It is 100% safe on your kid’s delicate skin, free from artificial ingredients, harsh chemicals, and preservatives. The soaps are not tear-free, and they should be kept out of your child’s eyes.
- Adorable animal shapes and colors
- Eco-friendly packaging
- Fun time for kids
- Vegan- and cruelty-free
- Some scents may be overpowering
8. Best Fragrance: LatifaArt Kids Bar Soap
Latifa Art animal-shaped soap set features four animals in sweet mango, melon, orange, and blueberries scents. These soaps are made from almond oil, aloe vera oil, coconut oil, calendula oil, olive oil, dead sea minerals, and palm oil. Additionally, these oils can help treat acne-prone, dry, and sensitive skin. The soaps are chemical- and tear-free and are safe and gentle on kids’ skin.
- Natural ingredients
- Easy to grip
- Anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties
- Handcrafted soaps
- Fresh fragrance
- Might be relatively small
9. Best Nourishing: Relaxcation Soap Bar
Relaxcation offers a soap bar with a sea animal toy for kids aged three years and above. These sea animal toys, embedded within the soap, are taken out when the soap dissolves completely. Besides making bathtime fun, you can use these soap bars for hands, body, and face. This soap is filled with natural ingredients, vitamins, and minerals and can leave your child fresh, moisturized, and smooth.
- No parabens and sulfates
- Safe for delicate and sensitive skin
- Cleans, nourishes, and softens the skin
- Pleasant fragrance
- Toy may not be of good quality
10. Best Hypoallergenic: NevskayaCosmetica Kids Soap
The soap pack from NevskayaCosmetica contains four soap bars suitable for kids. These soap bars, made from high-quality ingredients, including glycerin and mink oil, are safe on sensitive skin. Mink oil helps improve skin tone and elasticity, and its penetrating ability hydrates the skin. This soap also does not contain any scents and color additives.
- No irritation or dryness
- Cleanses and softens the skin
- Relieves itching and inflammation
- Kids may not like the plain soap
How To Choose The Right Soap For Kids?
Here are some factors to keep in mind while buying soap for kids.
- Ingredients: Check the ingredients list before buying a baby soap. If it includes harsh chemicals, such as sulfates, parabens, and alcohol, avoid buying it. You may buy soaps made from natural and high-quality ingredients, including coconut oil, honey, cocoa butter, etc.
- Gentle formula: Babies have delicate and sensitive skin compared to adults. It is essential to buy baby-specific soaps containing a gentle formulation free from toxins and harmful chemicals.
- Hypoallergenic soaps: If your baby has sensitive skin, allergies, or skin problems such as eczema, look for hypoallergenic soaps and body washes.
- Fragrance-free: Scents can sometimes be overpowering for little kids and are linked with skin irritation, allergies, and other health issues. Besides, soaps use synthetics and harsh chemicals to provide fragrance.
Kids’body washes or soaps are essential for every bathtime, as they help clean, moisturize, and nourish their skin without damaging the skin barrier. We hope the above options would help you choose the best soap for kids that are natural, chemical-free, and gentle on their delicate skin.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Finding a kid-friendly soap that gently cleanses and moisturizes your child’s skin can be confusing, given the wide range available. So our experienced skin care product writer, Poulami Nag, brings you a well-researched list of the best soaps for kids. These soaps are made of natural ingredients that gently cleanse and nourish your child’s skin. Poulami selected each product based on carefully comparing several kids’ soaps available online. So, go through each soaps’ features with its pros and cons and take your pick.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use a soap bar on a kid’s face?
Yes, you can use a soap bar on a child’s face only if it is gentle and free of nasty chemicals. However, if your baby has certain skin conditions, such as sensitivity, eczema, and dryness, you need to consult a dermatologist to pick the right soap bar.
2. Should I moisturize my kid’s skin after using a soap bar?
If your baby has dry skin, you may need to take additional care by moisturizing their skin. Otherwise, you can switch to soap bars that keep the skin hydrated.
3. Is bathing soap ideal for daily use?
Bathing soaps that provide good hydration without causing itching or drying the skin are ideal for using daily. If your little one’s skin is sensitive, you can opt for soaps that are mild.
4. Why do kids need different soaps?
Children have delicate skin in comparison to adult skin. They need special attention to keep the skin healthy. So you should use soaps that are formulated especially for them.
5. Is antibacterial soap good for kids?
Since antibacterial soaps have chemicals like triclosan, which is not ideal for delicate skin, you might want to avoid using such soaps. Therefore, it is best to use regular soap to get rid of germs or consult a dermatologist.
6. Is there a difference between a regular soap and an antibacterial soap?
Antibacterial soaps have certain chemicals that are not found in plain soaps. However, there is no evidence that antibacterial soaps are better than plain soaps (1). In addition, antibacterial soaps are not ideal for long-term use, especially for children.
7. Which soap kills the most bacteria?
Soaps don’t kill bacteria. Instead, they are removed from your body with the help of water (2).
The best soaps for babies listed here are formulated with natural and safe ingredients, and each bar of soap is gentle, non-irritating, and fragrance-free. These soaps not only help eliminate germs and grime effectively but also lather well and make bath time more fun for children. When choosing a soap bar for your little one, make sure it is free of parabens and alcohol and is hypoallergenic. Further, it should be gentle on the skin and help nourish it.
- Frequent Questions About Hand Hygiene
- The handiwork of good health
- Best Chicco Baby Products
- Best Bubble Baths For Kids
- Best Anti Dandruff Shampoos For Kids
- Best Shampoos For Your Baby
View Profile ›