Using a regular soap on sensitive skin may cause redness, rashes, bumps, acne, or itchiness. If you have sensitive skin, you need to pick soaps that are free from chemicals and other harsh additives, to prevent any irritation or redness on the skin. But how do we know which soap works well on sensitive skin?
Keep reading this MomJunction post, as we share a list of the best soaps for sensitive skin. Scroll through them, check the pros and cons of each of them, and find the best one for your skin.
15 Best Soaps For Sensitive Skin
Here, we have compiled a list of the 15 best soaps that people with sensitive skin can try. The manufacturers of these soaps claim that they are harmless on sensitive skin. However, you should read the labels for ingredients. Sometimes, certain substances that are not harmful to others could be allergic to you and vice-versa. You could also do a patch test before using the soap on your entire body.
It is a gentle soap bar that is known to make your skin moisturized and soft. It is gluten-free and chemical-free and formulated for sensitive skin. It can be used both on the face and body. It provides a rich lather and can be used daily.
- It is dermatologist-tested.
- It has a mild formulation.
- It is free from fragrance, parabens, dyes, lanolin, and formaldehyde.
- The soap may become soft and may not last long.
This gentle soap bar is handcrafted using natural plant oils and shea butter. It is unscented and moisturizes and nourishes all types of skin. It is vegan, all-natural, and free from dyes, chemical fragrances, and preservatives. It is a good soap for sensitive skin.
- It is a certified organic soap.
- It is non-GMO, sulfate-free, and cruelty-free too.
- It comes in eight fragrances, including charcoal lemongrass lavender, ginger lime, peppermint tea tree, pine tar, and unscented shea.
- Some soaps have a strong fragrance.
This soap is handcrafted with natural ingredients such as palm oil, coconut oil, olive oil, lavender essential oil, and goat’s milk. The natural fats in goat’s milk provide moisturization. It is gentle on both the face and body. It can be used by babies and adults.
- It is suitable for dry, sensitive skin, rosacea, cracked fingers, eczema, and psoriasis.
- It offers good lather.
- It has calming and soothing properties.
- It has a strong smell.
It is a mild soap that contains natural elements such as aloe vera and chamomile to comfort and soothe sensitive skin. The manufacturer claims it to be the mildest and purest soap. It has no harmful substances and cleans your skin without any irritations.
- It is dermatologist-tested.
- It helps in cleaning and soothing the skin.
- It calms and comforts the skin.
- It contains no dyes or fragrances.
- It contains lanolin alcohol, which some may be allergic to.
It is a hypoallergenic soap bar formulated for sensitive skin and recommended by dermatologists. The moisturizing cream used in the soap bar is known to retain the moisture of the skin. Using it regularly would make your skin radiant, smoother, and softer.
- It cleanses gently.
- It nourishes and moisturizes the skin.
- It is fragrance-free and suitable for daily use.
- It doesn’t rinse off quickly.
This soap bar is handmade using Kojic, a derivative of mushroom that is known for treating pimples and lighting the pigmentation marks. It also contains Glutathione, which prevents premature aging signs. The coconut base and a mixture of neem and other Ayurvedic herbs provide moisturization to the skin.
- It is vegan and cruelty-free.
- It is eco-friendly and free from parabens, dyes, bleaches, and artificial fragrances.
- Some may be allergic to Kojic.
This handmade soap bar is made with natural ingredients such as coconut oil, olive oil, castor oil, palm oil, and raw shea butter. The oils help in moisturizing the skin, and the essence of essential oils such as lavender helps in calming. As it is made with organic ingredients, it is considered suitable for sensitive skin.
- It is cruelty-free and vegan.
- It is eco-friendly, made with certified organic ingredients.
- Lavender essential oil is considered good for relieving anxiety, depression, and stress.
- Some may not like the fragrance.
It is a 100% vegetable-based soap that is formulated for sensitive skin. Coconut oil used to make this soap is sourced from the Caribbean. It is a gentle soap with a mild formulation that doesn’t irritate your skin. It is a good natural alternative to the regular bathing soaps.
- It is a purely vegan soap with no animal fat included.
- It is free from color, fragrance, and additives.
- It conditions, soothes, and moisturizes the skin.
- It is too foamy.
It is a 100% vegan handmade soap bar that is made with 100% organic and natural ingredients such as olive oil, raw shea butter, coconut oil, and hand-milled oats. The soap is known to offer relief for sensitive skin, eczema, dry skin, rosacea, and psoriasis.
- It is hypoallergenic and fragrance-free.
- It moisturizes and nourishes the skin.
- It soothes the irritated skin and protects damaged skin.
- It may not necessarily provide complete relief from severe skin conditions.
This ultra-mild formulation gently cleanses the deep pores and doesn’t cause any irritation or dryness. It contains a moisturizing blend of amino acids, lecithin, and vitamins that provides a smoother and healthier skin. The soap is known to be good for sensitive skin.
- It is non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic.
- It is dermatologist-recommended.
- It is alkali-free and has the same pH (5.5) as healthy skin.
- The smell may not be pleasant.
- The manufacturer doesn’t share ingredients.
[ Read : Sebamed Baby Cleansing Bar Ingredients ]
This soap bar is enriched with aloe vera and vitamin E, which calms and soothes your sensitive skin. It also contains other natural ingredients such as palm oil and glycerin that can moisturize and hydrate your skin. It is suitable for hands and body.
- It is a pure palm oil-based soap bar.
- It cleanses, calms, and nourishes your skin.
- It contains lanolin, which could be allergic to some.
This soap bar is made using 100% natural ingredients only, such as shea butter, coconut oil, and tea tree oil. It is known to treat acne, dark spots, freckles, and eczema. It is free from synthetic preservatives and colors and is formulated for sensitive skin.
- It contains no preservatives or synthetic colors.
- It protects damaged skin.
- It is biodegradable.
- The texture is clayish.
This handmade soap is made with natural ingredients such as goat milk, oatmeal, hemp and shea, and oils of olive and coconut. It contains no fragrances and is formulated for sensitive skin only. The soap provides moisture to your skin and prevents any damage and also protects sun-damaged skin.
- It is free from parabens, sulfates, and phosphates.
- It is cruelty-free.
- It comes in 16 different fragrances or varieties, including dead sea salt, nag champa, sweet water, and coffee scrub.
- It may not last for long.
This dermatologist-tested soap is made with glycerin that not only cleanses but also moisturizes your skin. The soft lather offers gentle cleaning and gives you soft and healthy-feeling skin. It comes in five varieties — power berries, coconut water, omega moisture, white tea, and miracle oil.
- It is hypoallergenic.
- It cleanses and moisturizes the skin.
- It is gentle on the skin.
- It may not smell pleasant.
This soap bar is made from plant oils. It also has rich wax cream and buttermilk powder that offers complete care for your skin. It gently cleanses the skin and is suitable for stressed or sensitive skin. It has no bacteriostatic agents and provides moisturization to your skin.
- It is a gluten- and mineral oil-free soap bar.
- It contains no preservatives, colors, or fragrances.
- It is not 100% natural.
How To Choose The Best Soap For Sensitive Skin?
If you have sensitive skin, you may have to be careful when picking up the right soap for yourself. Some tips that you should remember are:
- Natural ingredients: Selecting soaps made with natural ingredients such as herbs and plant oils could be the right choice as these are gentle on the skin. However, some of you may be allergic to certain natural substances too. Hence, reading the labels for ingredients is a must.
- No chemicals: Some people with sensitive skin may have irritation due to preservatives, colors, fragrances, alcohol, and sulfates. When you notice these on the label, it is better to put these soaps back.
- Skin type: Do you have dry, sensitive skin or oily, sensitive skin? Or do you suffer from any skin problem? A sensitive soap that worked for one may not be suitable for you and vice versa. You need to be extra cautious and pick a soap as per your skin type.
- Eco-friendly choice: If you think about the environment, then you may pick soaps that are made using eco-friendly substances and are cruelty-free. It could be a wise decision to make.
You could also do a patch test and wait for 24 hours to get the result. If you notice no redness or irritation, you may go for it. Make sure you are reading the label for ingredients and other details such as the pros and cons, as mentioned in our list, and pick the best soap that is suitable for your sensitive skin.