Soccer is one of the most widely played sports involving concentration, practice, fun, and agility. Here’s our list of the best soccer balls to enhance how you play the game. These balls are available in various options and in a range of sizes and colors. Choose a soccer ball from our list depending on your skill level. Whether you want a ball for your games or practice sessions, you will find a soccer ball that meets your requirements. We have also included options that would be perfect for your children.
15 Best Soccer Balls
Featuring an attractive print and a sturdy butyl bladder, the Adidas MLS club soccer ball is ideal for long hours of training sessions. It also has a machine-stitched TPU cover to withstand everyday wear and tear when playing on different terrains.
- Durable seams
- Hard-wearing cover
- Available in multiple prints and sizes
- Doesn’t deflate even after several sessions
- May not include an air pump
"My son enjoys the robust, nicely inflated ball as he kicks it in our backyard. Its durability is quite impressive too. Overall, it's a reliable choice for children new to the game."
2. Best Polyurethane: Adidas Starlancer V Club Soccer Ball
The Starlancer soccer ball from Adidas is made of 100% polyurethane. It is durable and can withstand scrimmages and rugged terrains. The ball is hand-washable. It is supported by a butyl bladder that maximizes air retention and requires minimal pumping, giving it a competitive edge over other models. The trusted ball has attractive graphics and comes deflated and needs to be inflated with a pump.
- Machine-stitched for durability
- Available in two sizes
- Excellent choice for beginners
- Suitable for children aged 12 and above
- Graphics may fade over time
- Sticker may be difficult to remove
"This ball with a bright hue is hands-down a favorite with my son and his friends. It's holding up well in their daily practice sessions. I suggest keeping it away from the relentless sun to prevent discoloration."
3. Best Extra Soft: Champion Sports Viper Soccer Ball
Champion Sports Viper soccer size five ball is recommended for ages 12 and above. The reviewer-tested product is constructed from four-ply PU synthetic leather for extra softness. The butyl bladder is air-locked for better retention of air. The blue/black and white ball is machine-stitched for superior durability and quality control. It comes deflated and requires inflation before use.
- Retains shape
- Soft touch PU leather
- Ideal for indoor and outdoor play
- Easy to inflate
- Color does not fade after sun exposure
- Affordable price
- May be a little large for some
- Not suitable for professional matches
"The premium quality of this ball is worth acknowledging. It maintains its shape regardless of my child's daily practice. I highly recommend it for young players."
Adidas Unisex-Adult MLS Club Soccer Ball
Adidas Starlancer V Club Soccer Ball
Champion Sports Viper Soccer Ball
Best Extra Soft
|5 x 7 x 9 inches
4. Best Water-Resistant: Franklin Sports Soccer Balls
The Franklin Sports soccer balls come in sizes three to five. These are traditional soccer balls for youngsters and adults. The lightweight balls have a soft cover made of foam cushion that gives them a responsive feel. They have PVC covering, making them water-resistant and playable in all weather conditions. The precise stitching and official sizing of facilitate training and skill-building at all skill levels, making it a hit among the reviewers. The high-quality and high-retention bladder offers maximum air tightness, prevents leaks and deflation during soccer drills, and maintains the PVC ball’s shape and pressure.
- Durable foam cushion
- High gloss
- Lasting air retention
- Comes inflated
- May not be ideal as a game-day ball
- May not be perfectly spherical
"My son's new soccer ball is perfect for both practice and casual games. It's durably constructed and holds up well to frequent use and outdoor conditions. The colorful design seems to appeal to him."
5. Best Tear-Resistant: Nike Pitch Team Soccer Ball
The Nike Pitch Team soccer ball is made of shock- and tear-resistant material with a durable coating. It has contrasting graphic designs for an extraordinary visual impact that allow high visibility on the field. This attractive soccer ball facilitates precise touch due to its clear visibility. It has a durable and comfortable construction, and you can use it for regular practice sessions or team games.
- Available in various colors
- Lasting air retention
- Can be used to play with dogs
- Color may fade over time
- May be a little sticky initially
6. Best Scratch-Resistant: Xcello Sports Kids Soccer Ball
The set of two soccer balls by Xcello Sports has vibrant colored illustrations and includes an air pump to inflate the balls. Each high-quality soccer ball is crafted with a durable TPU composite cover that can withstand rough use and extended practice sessions. In addition, this time-tested, scratch-resistant ball is crafted as per ASTM standards and boasts 32 machine-stitched panels to ensure stability during soccer practice.
- Durable bladder for maximum shape retention
- Soft to the touch
- Easy to inflate
- Excellent choice for indoor and outdoor use
- Available in multiple vibrant colors
- May be a bit smaller than expected
"A perfect soccer ball for my toddler, finally! It's rightly sized for her little hands and feet, and what makes it more remarkable is the funky unicorn prints. Plus, inflating it is a breeze."
7. Best Abrasion-Resistant: GoSports Premier Soccer Ball
GoSports Premier brings you a single soccer ball or a set of six balls, perfect for schools, camps, training sessions, etc. The machine-stitched construction offers long-lasting durability, and the internal butyl bladder provides maximum air retention, tightness, and sustained performance. Their synthetic leather cover gives an optimal feel and they are abrasion-resistant. The six-ball option includes a premium mesh bag for portability and storage.
- Includes a ball pump and a needle
- Woven polyester-reinforced foam backing
- Scratch- and water-resistant
- Shock-absorption layer for optimum feel
- May not cover long distances
- Pump may not work at times
"These balls are slightly heavy but incredibly durable and maintain inflation, making them suitable for indoor or outdoor practice. The included pump is super convenient and meets my junior's play needs."
8. Best Eco-friendly: Hahaland Soccer Ball Glitter Unicorn
The kids’ soccer ball from hahaland is a size-three ball with glitter effects. The glitter and unicorn design stands out, increasing visibility while playing and inducing interest in young children. The synthetic material and machine-stitched construction allow better ball control and kick accuracy, and its reinforced internal rubber bladder facilitates good air retention and keeps the ball shape intact. This recreational soccer ball is made of eco-friendly and toxic-free materials, making it safe for children.
- Suitable for children aged three to eight years
- Durable faux leather
- Comes with a pump and mesh bag
- 23.5 inches in circumference
- Some may find it smaller than expected
- Pump may not be durable
9. Best Colorful: Crocodile Creek – Unicorn Soccer Ball
Crocodile Creek Unicorn soccer ball is designed for children from four to eight years. The seven-inch diameter ball is easy to handle and durable. Constructed from a high-quality synthetic leather free of PVC and latex, it comes in eye-catching colors of purple, pink and white with unicorn design. It has a sturdy rubber bladder for better air tightness. The tried-and-tested product’s material meets International safety standards, making the ball ideal for soccer training and soccer matches.
- Ships inflated
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor play
- Soft and highly durable
- Seams may be a little loose
- May be smaller than expected
"This vibrantly designed ball with unique patterns is easy for my kids to spot on the field. Plus, it holds up through all the rough play. It's a solid option that I recommend for little athletes."
10. Best Non-Toxic: PP Picador Kids Soccer Ball
PP Picador offers a sparkling cartoon imprinted ball, great for toddlers, kindergarten or school-going boys and girls. It can be used indoors or outdoors in the yard. The glittering ball sparks a child’s interest and inclines them towards sports at a young age. It is made of safe and durable TPU material with toxic-free, eco-friendly rubber. The size three ball reaches a diameter of 7.4 to 7.7-inch on inflation. The inner rubber bladder offers excellent air retention to keep the ball in shape longer. It has a machine-stitched construction and inner nylon wound carcass for maximum durability.
- Available in three different designs
- Durable cover does not hurt the child’s feet
- Includes a small pump
- May be bigger than the indicated size
- May have a distinct odor
"My little one's totally fond of the ball's design. It's fun to watch him kicking it around the house and backyard. It's a good option for keeping younger children engaged."
The weather- and water-resistant Xcello Sports soccer balls feature a high-quality air-retaining bladder, foam cushioning, and a machine-stitched 32-panel synthetic leather cover for durability. These trusted balls are designed for professionals and come in various sizes and weights to suit diverse requirements. Be it showing your skills during official games or practicing with your family and teammates in the backyard, this durable soccer ball can facilitate it all.
- Includes air pump and two needles
- Vibrant prints
- Durable material and cushioning
- Comes in a pack of two
- Seams might fray over time
- May not be scratch-resistant
"I recently picked up a set of these soccer balls for my son's training, and it's great to see how well they complement the demands of their play. The bonus is its included air pump and needles, making it a practical addition to his sports gear."
12. Best For All Terrains: Western Star Official Match Game Soccer Ball
The size five soccer ball from Western Star is an outdoor and indoor training ball. The size and weight of the ball could be perfect for serious players. This ball can also help in practicing and polishing soccer skills, helping you achieve sport-specific proficiency. It has a four-ply thick outer covering that is resistant to any weather and terrain conditions. The internal bladder offers superior air retention and keeps the ball in shape, making it suitable for training sessions. This indoor soccer ball has the trademark helix design on it for authenticity.
- Available in different colors
- Butyl bladder
- Optimal responsiveness
- 32-panel for added sturdiness
- Color may fade due to sun exposure
- May be a little heavy
"The durability of this ball is truly commendable. It withstands my child's daily practice and even my dog's occasional chewing. I'd suggest keeping a pump handy to inflate it upon arrival."
13. Best Regulation-Sized: Xcello Sports Soccer Balls
The Xcello Sports soccer balls are available in multiple bright colors and come in a set of 12. Made with 32 stitched synthetic leather panels and durable foam padding, these reviewer-tested balls will withstand heavy usage during training. The three regulation sizes are appropriate for three age groups, making them suitable for coaches and youth leagues, as children will not outgrow them quickly.
- Premium-quality air retention bladder
- Unique design
- Water- and weather-resistant
- Includes pump for easy inflation
- Available in multiple size options
- May pop if not inflated properly
- May be a bit lightweight for some
"These soccer balls are a decent option for my daughter's practice sessions. They're durable, enhancing her performance on the field. They are a great value pack worth investing in."
14. Best For Visibility: Vizari Hydra Soccer Ball
The soccer ball from Vizari Hydra is a 32-panel MST ball. It accommodates a reinforced rubber bladder for optimal air retention. The brightly colored ball has unique graphics that allow maximum visibility on the field, making it ideal for team sports. You can use it for everyday practice sessions.
- Comes in three colors
- Easy to inflate
- Size may not be accurate
- May have leaks after regular usage
"My children enjoy playing with this soccer ball along with their cousins. The quality seems decent, and the vibrant colors add charm to their playtime. It's worth purchasing for kids."
15. Best For All Ages: Wisdom Leaves Traditional Soccer Balls
Wisdom Leaves’ balls are fit for all ages and come in different sizes. Suitable for outdoors and indoors, this soccer ball has a machine-stitched outer cover that makes the ball durable and tough. A high-strength butyl liner inside the ball offers air tightness, retention and prevents any leakage. It helps enhance a player’s athletic ability, supports skill-building, and is suitable for football teaching, practicing dribbling, shooting, kicking, and regular competitions.
- PU surface resistant to abrasion
- Ideal for indoor and outdoor games
- High elasticity
- May be smaller than expected
- May get scratches on the surface
"My son and his friends use this for daily practice and casual games. It has proven durable and has a softer exterior that is gentle on their feet. It's a worthy choice for comfortable soccer practice."
How To Choose The Right Soccer Ball?
Here are some features you should consider when choosing the right soccer ball.
1. Type: There are three types of soccer balls depending on usage.
- FIFA-approved balls are the highest quality and most expensive soccer balls used by professional players.
- Match balls are high-performance balls, used on all playing grounds. This type of soccer ball is used by all age groups and is a popular choice for school matches, etc.
- Training balls are durable and are meant for all playing surfaces, age groups, and skill levels. These balls are tough and built to withstand extended periods of use on rough surfaces, including concrete, clay, or asphalt.
2. Size: Soccer balls are available in sizes three, four, and five. These sizes are differentiated according to the age or skill level of the player.
- Size five balls are meant for age 11 and above and are often used for matches. They are most widely used by serious players.
- Size four balls are a bit smaller and are meant for players between ages 8 and 11.
- Size three balls are even smaller and used for beginners below the age of 8.
3. Bladder: The bladder is made of either butyl or latex rubber. It should offer maximum air retention to keep the ball tight and in shape once inflated. Latex bladders offer better bounce, touch, feel, and responsiveness than butyl but have lesser air retention capacity.
4. Lining: Lining is the element found between the bladder and the casing. It is responsible for the ball’s structure and shape and plays an important role in controlling the ball. The more the number of lining layers, the better the quality.
5. Cover: Soccer ball covers are typically made of PVC or PU. PVC is cheaper, more durable, and more resistant than PU but are harder balls. They last longer and are used for scuff-resistant training balls. PU is used mainly in premium match ball and official match ball covers. PU balls are softer with better controllability and responsiveness but are more expensive and less durable.
6. Panels: The panels are the segments that compose a ball’s cover. The number of panels and their construction affect the flight of a ball. Fewer panels mean lesser seams, allowing the balls to become near-perfect spheres, making them faster, decreasing their water uptake, and allowing them to curve more and better. In the case of training purposes, a ball with more panels helps increase controllability.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the optimal air pressure for a soccer ball?
The optimal air pressure for a soccer ball should generally lie between six and eight pounds per square inch. However, professional balls have higher air pressure..
2. How is a soccer ball affected by temperature?
Temperature affects the bounce of a ball which in turn affects the distance it travels. In hot temperatures, a soccer ball tends to travel and bounce more than once in colder conditions. This happens because, in hot temperatures, the molecules inside the ball expand, thereby increasing the energy.
3. How long does a soccer ball last?
Depending upon the ball’s material and the kind of turf it is used on, your soccer ball can last for a few months to a year. Keeping the ball inflated and dry can reduce damage caused while playing and increase the ball’s lifespan.
4. Why do soccer balls lose air so fast?
Your soccer ball may deflate faster due to a leaky bladder, cracked outer layer, or heavy usage. Using soccer balls on a hard surface and during harsh winters can also cause them to lose air more quickly.
5. Should I clean my soccer balls?
Cleaning your soccer ball can save it from long-term wear and tear. You should use a damp cloth and a gentle cleanser to remove any dirt, grass, or debris which might crack the ball’s surface.
6. Are soccer balls waterproof?
Soccer balls can sustain being damp for shorter periods. However, you should remove any moisture from the ball’s surface after every game, as it can get damaged if drenched for a long time.
Why Trust MomJunction?
After considering the readers’ requirements and quality parameters, we have listed the best soccer balls available. We have provided the details like the type, size, and firmness of all the recommended products to help you make an informed decision. In addition, we have added a buying guide that discusses the key features you must consider when choosing the right soccer ball. These soccer balls have been chosen based on user reviews to ensure quality and performance and offer an unbiased opinion.
Endless hours of practice and training are not enough to become a professional soccer player. You also need the right soccer ball with features and specifications to enhance your performance. The best soccer balls for playing and training listed above have been picked based on size, softness, visibility, longevity, and durability, so you can play like a pro in all weather with no interruptions. While choosing a ball, opt for one that suits your purpose, offers maximum air retention, and is made from high-quality material.
Infographic: How To Maintain Your Soccer Ball?
Remember, a warped ball may not support your game as it bounces at skewed angles. Therefore, it’s crucial to properly maintain the soccer ball to enhance its durability and ensure good performance. Check out the following infographic to learn how to care for your soccer ball.
- Qualities and measurements