If you have noticed your child’s interest in soccer, you may need to enroll them in a good soccer program. However, playing soccer without the proper equipment is difficult, and no soccer suit is complete without soccer cleats. Hence, gifting the best soccer cleats for kids would be ideal. Soccer can improve a child’s motor skills, cognitive abilities, and fitness.
If you don’t have the correct soccer cleats or shoes, you are more likely to slip on soft surfaces, and jogging on the grassy or muddy ground can be tough. That’s why your child requires soccer cleats with extra traction, superior control, and superior foot protection. It might not be easy to find the perfect product for your child from various options. We’ve compiled a list of high-quality soccer cleats available online in this post.
Our Top Picks
15 Best Soccer Cleats For Kids In 2022
1. Best Overall: Vizari Infinity FG Soccer Cleats
Your child is sure to turn heads at soccer practice in these pink-black Vizari Infinity FG Soccer Cleats. These soccer cleats are made from durable synthetic leather and feature a slightly textured upper for maximum ball control. They come with rugged studs that provide great traction, a well-padded ankle collar, and soft footbed that will keep your kid’s feet comfortable throughout the game. For added durability and sturdiness, these cleats feature anti-stretch lining and fine stitching from the front to the upper.
- Ideal for turf and outdoor fields
- Features flexible rubber outsoles
- Adjustable laces
- Available in nine other two-tone color combinations.
- The color tends to fade after a few uses.
2. Best For Firm Ground: adidas Kids’ Goletto VI J Firm-Ground Soccer Cleats
One of the sports brands, adidas brings you Goletto VI J Firm Ground Soccer Cleats specially designed for kids between 4 and 8 years. As the name suggests, these juniors’ soccer cleats are great for use on firm ground (FG) such as dry, natural grass surfaces. These classic-looking cleats feature lightweight and durable 100% synthetic leather upper and sturdy studs that provide stability. Take a look at this video to get more information on the product.
- Rubber outsole
- Includes removable insole
- Provides comfort
- They aid in enhancing your child’s speed.
- The shoes may be narrow.
3. Best For Traction: Under Armour Kids’ Leadoff Low RM Jr. Baseball Cleats
Although these Under Armour kids’ cleats are primarily used for baseball, they also work excellently well for soccer. They are made of 100% synthetic leather and are lightweight and durable. The leather upper features perforations in the toe box for ventilation and the flexible rubber sole makes these cleats ideal for playing on all field surfaces. Plus, the toe cap comes with an overlay for added protection, which is required if your child is playing as a defender. This video offers a more detailed explanation of the product.
- Padded heel and collar offer comfort fit
- Full-length EVA midsole provides extra support
- Available in five colors
- Rubber-molded studs deliver a good amount of traction
- The insole cushioning distributes cleat pressure evenly under the foot.
- The shoelaces may untie easily.
4. Best Stylish: DREAM PAIRS High-Top Sock Soccer Cleat
Looking for the best cleats for your budding soccer champion? These DREAM PAIRS High-Top Sock Soccer Cleats are a great pick. Your kid will love the bright color and stylish design of these shoes and they come in 16 options. Aside from that, these cleats feature a synthetic, textured upper that enhances your child’s control of the ball. Meanwhile, the anti-slip, rubber-molded conical studs provide stability during turns and sharp cuts. The best thing about these kids’ soccer cleats is the high-top elastic socks that protect your child’s ankles without restricting their movement. They are suitable for use on natural and artificial pitches. You may check this video for a better understanding of this product.
- Lightweight, breathable, and durable
- Cushioned insole provides extra protection
- Features soft textile linings
- The cleats come with Rotational Traction configuration.
- The adjustable lace-up closure keeps your kid’s feet in place.
- Might be a little difficult to put on initially
5. Best For Beginners: Diadora Cattura MD Jr. Soccer Shoe
If your little one has just begun to play soccer, these snazzy soccer shoes are the right choice for them. This is one of the best soccer cleats for toddlers, and rightly so because they provide the stability that a newbie needs, thanks to the extra-wide studs on the bottom. It also includes 14 studs for added traction and to reduce pressure points on your toddler’s feet. They are made of soft polyurethane and are designed with extra padding on the upper for protection. Plus, the insole features cotton padding for cushioning and EVA foam to absorb heavy impact shock.
- Features brushed nylon ankle collar
- Available in four other colors
- Includes molded rubber sole
- These soccer cleats are also available for bigger kids.
- Studs are uniformly spaced out in the heel area for maintaining balance.
- The sizes may run small.
6. Best Comfortable: BomKinta Kids FG Soccer Shoes
When it comes to buying soccer cleats for kids, flexibility and comfort are the key factors to consider. And BomKinta Kids FG Soccer Shoes delivers all that and more. These soccer cleats are made of synthetic leather and feature a padded tongue and toe box that prevents chafing and shoe bites, while also absorbing impact shocks exceptionally well. Meanwhile, the padding around the collar and in the footbed ensure comfort, making these shoes suitable for long hours of practice session or game. These cleats also come with a sturdy and durable rubber-molded outsole that provides excellent traction on any firm ground or natural grass pitch.
- Synthetic upper is stretch-resistant
- Available in 13 colors
- Lightweight shoes
- Features TPU-injected mold
- The upper part of the shoes features an ultra-thin film that helps keep water and debris out.
- These shoes may be narrow.
7. Best Non-Slip: Jugafu Soccer Cleats
Up your performance during your practice sessions with these well-made soccer cleats by Jugafu. Featuring synthetic leather upper, rubber, and polyurethanes, it is extremely breathable and allows you the freedom to move swiftly. The transparent TPU studs add to your efficiency as they let you take high-speed turns. The cleats come with a high top collar to offer protection to your ankles. Whether you practice on firm ground or one with artificial grass, these cleats can help you get better at the game.
- Elastic fabric
- Easy to put on and take off
- Available in many sizes
- Might get loose with time
8. Best Supportive Fit: adidas Kids’ X 18.3 FG Soccer Shoe
Incredibly lightweight, great durability, and comfortable to wear — adidas Kids’ X 18.3 FG Soccer Shoe is an excellent firm ground cleats for young players. The dual-layer mesh upper flexes with your feet and gives superior control during swift movements, while the low-cut Clawcollar offers a supportive fit and locks your kid’s feet in place throughout the game.
- Ideal to use on firm ground
- Features TPU outsole
- Comes in three colors
- The shoes include two different stud shapes – arrowhead forefoot and round heel studs.
- The tongue of the shoe may not be adjustable.
9. Best With Rugged Outsole: Vizari Striker FG Soccer Shoes
Made from durable synthetic material, these cleats by Vizari will fit your feet without feeling tight or suffocating. The rugged outsole makes the shoes extremely flexible, giving you a good range of motion. Featuring a two-tone design, they’re not only high-performance cleats but are also stylish. If you equally prioritize comfort and style, investing in these cleats is the right choice for you.
- Easy-to-adjust laces
- Well-padded collar
- Some might find them a bit wide
10. Best For Indoors And Outdoors: ROONASN Kids’ Outdoor/Indoor Soccer Shoes
ROONASN Kids’ Soccer Shoes is designed for use on all surfaces, both indoor and outdoor. These yellow-black shoes are made of high-quality leather, making them comfortable to wear. They feature a dimpled-surface upper design that offers consistent ball control in both wet and dry conditions. Equipped with Rotational Traction configuration and rubber-molded studs (in varied sizes), these cleats allow your child to make swift movements without worrying about slipping or falling. These soccer shoes also have a high-top collar that delivers a supportive fit to keep your child’s feet snug and in place during the game.
- Soft and flexible bottom
- Lightweight feel
- High-performance molded design
- Features cushioned insole for added comfort.
- May not be durable
11. Best To Improve Performance: JABASIC Kids Soccer Cleats
JABASIC Kids Soccer Cleats are made for novice young players to help them improve their form and performance. These soccer cleats feature synthetic upper with a textured surface that lends excellent ball control. They are equipped with a central lacing system with an adjustable lace-up design for a secure fit. They also feature TPU-injected outsoles and cleats with Rotational Traction configuration. These properties provide stability while running on firm ground and reduces friction between the shoes and the field surface. They are available in five attractive colors for your child to choose from.
- Lightweight and durable
- Help keep water and debris out
- Round-toe design provides enough moving space
- Padded tongue and toe box reduce the impact of ball hits.
- These shoes feature soft, breathable inner lining for extra support.
- The sizes may run small.
12. Best High-Ankle: Nike Superfly 6 Academy Kid’s FG/MG Soccer Cleats
Nike Superfly 6 Academy Kid’s FG/MG Soccer Cleats makes its way into our list of the best soccer cleats for kids for more reasons than one. Firstly, the upper is made of synthetic leather that wraps around your foot like a glove while the micro-textured surface makes it easy to control the ball no matter what speed or force it comes in. These cleats come with a Dynamic Fit collar that lends a sock-like secure fit around the ankles and allows free ankle movement. They are also super light and perfect for young kids who dislike heavy and bulky shoes.
- Includes two types of studs – chevron and hollow-point
- Equipped with a two-part podular plate system
- Features a sculpted arch that provides responsive support
- Suitable for any pitch, including natural and artificial grass
- The sock-like top may not have enough elasticity.
13. Best Sturdy: Hawkwell Kids’ Outdoor Soccer Cleats
Let your child have an enjoyable and comfortable experience playing soccer with the help of these kids’ soccer cleats by Hawkwell. These true-to-size soccer cleats will lock your little one’s feet into place with ease, thanks to the slip-on design and lace-up closure. Meanwhile, the knit cuff offers a cozy fit, making these shoes comfortable to wear for long. These soccer cleats are perfect for dry natural grass as the sturdy rubber outsole and cleats dig deep to provide traction, which minimizes the risk of falls and injury. They also feature a micro-textured upper for excellent ball control.
- Available in three colors
- Lightweight and breathable
- It is made using a combination of textile and synthetic materials.
- Sock-like collar wraps the ankle for a secure fit without restricting movement.
- May not be long-lasting
14. Best For Speed: PUMA Evospeed 5 FG Soccer Cleat
PUMA Evospeed 5 FG Soccer Cleat is an excellent choice for the new generation of soccer players who are looking for cleats designed for speed. They are super light, which makes these the best soccer shoes for small kids as these shoes won’t weigh them down. Plus, they provide an anatomic fit for a comfortable playing experience. Suitable for use on firm, natural surfaces, these shoes are equipped with the combination of conical and bladed studs to boost acceleration and quick turns.
- 100% synthetic leather upper
- Features a central lacing system
- The outsole is composed of injected TPU.
- The sizes may run small.
15. Best Precision Striking: Nike Youth Phantom Venom Academy Firm Ground Soccer Cleats
Nike Youth Phantom Venom Academy Soccer Cleats give young players superior control and a high level of precision to achieve powerful strikes. These synthetic soccer cleats feature mesh upper with an overlay of NIKESKIN that conforms to the natural curve of your kid’s feet and lends a comfortable fit. They have a micro-textured surface that enables advanced ball control. In addition to that, the asymmetrical lacing system and the stretchy mesh covering the lower half of the laces expands the striking area.
- Features instep ridges
- Soleplate provides secure traction
- Suitable for use on firm-ground pitches
- Includes a contoured sockliner that offers added cushioning.
- May be difficult to wear due to the narrow fit
Given below are certain features you need to consider when choosing a pair of cleats for your child.
How To Choose The Best Soccer Cleats For Kids
Material: While choosing a pair of soccer cleats, look for super light, yet sturdy and durable cleats. The most commonly used materials for the upper part of the soccer cleats are leather, synthetic leather, mesh, and knit. While synthetic cleats are lightweight, the leather ones are more durable. If your kid wants cleats to protect their feet during hot and humid conditions, mesh or knit are ideal options.
Field type: Not all soccer cleats are suitable for all pitch types and conditions. Soccer shoes vary depending on the surface of the ground. Before you buy a pair, find out where your child is playing, whether on hard ground, muddy surface, artificial turf, or indoor area.
Player position: Your child’s position on the field and playing style also determines the types of cleats they require. Forwards need cleats that are lightweight and provide great agility and ball control, while goalkeepers may benefit from cleats that offer excellent traction.
Comfort: Last but not least, ensure that the boots your child wears are the right fit. As much as it’s essential to choose cleats that are high on performance and offer fantastic support, they also need to be comfortable to wear and play in.
Why Trust MomJunction?
We have compiled this list of the best soccer cleats for kids after reviewing several high-quality cleats on multiple online forums. These cleats are safe for your kids and not too heavy, so they won’t feel weighed down while running. Also, check out our tips on how to choose the right soccer cleats for your kids that suit their requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do kids need soccer cleats?
Soccer cleats are one of the most important components of your child’s soccer gear. In general, soccer cleats provide good grip and traction and protect their feet while playing. Depending on the surface your child plays in, they may require a specific type of cleats.
2. At what age can kids start wearing soccer cleats?
It is said that children below five years of age do not require soccer cleats; a good pair of regular sneakers should be good for them. While soccer cleats can help your child achieve proper form when introduced at an early age, it is essential that they first learn to balance themselves when walking or running. However, as a parent, you know your child well. So, if you think your child is ready, go ahead and give them a pair of soccer shoes.
Improve your child’s game and reduce their risk of injury by bringing home the best soccer cleats for kids. Made from durable and child-safe materials, the options listed above are ideal for different kinds of fields while being lightweight and enhancing stability on rough terrains. Your little one will not feel weighed down or impeded in any way if you opt for a pair that fits perfectly, is made of quality materials, and complements the position of the player on the field.
- Best Sports Shoes To Buy For Kids
- Best Nike Shoes For Kids
- Best Tennis Shoes For Kids
- Best Field Hockey Shoes For Women