Soft coolers are bags designed to keep your food and drinks fresh and cold when you are out trekking or picnicking. The soft insulated coolers enable you to carry food and beverage, dry goods, mobile phone, clothes, and many more with ease.
If you are looking for the best soft coolers for your camping needs, the search ends here. In this post, we present some of the best soft coolers you could consider buying.
11 Best Soft Coolers
The insulated and thick PEVA liner soft cooler can retain both cold and hot things for hours. It measures 17.7”L x 7.9”W x 13”H and has a holding capacity of 30 cans. The waterproof backpack features a key storage compartment, along with two side mesh pockets and two large front zipper pockets with a mesh separator to hold utensils. It also includes one zipper pocket on the top for additional storage and one bottle opener.
- Made of thick nylon
- Padded and fully adjustable shoulder straps
- Breathable, mesh back pads to protect your back from sore spots
- Lining inside the bag might be delicate
This soft cooler comes with premium insulation and has a zippered main compartment for cold storage and front pocket for dry storage. The top hatch allows you to access the items within easily, and the adjustable shoulder straps and large side handles offer great comfort. The leak proof soft cooler can hold up to 30 can and comes with multiple pockets for more storage and convenience.
- Antimicrobial liner is odor- and mold-resistant
- Heat-welded seams prevent leaks
- Retains ice for 24 hours in temperatures up to 90°F
- Collapses, folds, or rolls up for storage when not in use
- Liner may not be leak-proof
The soft-sided cooler comes with high-density insulation and is ideal for use when boating, fishing and hunting and during parties, sporting events, and picnics. It measures 17”L x 10”W x 12”H and has enough storage space to hold 24 cans and 14lb of ice. It is made of durable soft canvas material and features a high-quality leak-proof TPU liner.
- Can hold ice for 24 hours in temperatures up to 120°F
- Lightweight, easy to carry, and easy to clean
- Removable shoulder strap and side pocket
- Welded seams for durability
- May not be easy to carry
The leak-proof and puncture-resistant soft cooler by RTIC features an antimicrobial liner that resists mold. The soft cooler can hold up to 30 cans and ice and comes with a waterproof zipper.
- Thick closed-cell insulation on the top and sides to lock cold
- Puncture- and tear-resistant nylon shell
- Wide flip-top for easy access
- Lightweight and durable
- Zipper may not be durable
The Under Armour 24-Can Soft Cooler is constructed with sturdy 420D polyester and comes with IsoTec premium foam insulation. The soft insulated cooler helps keep the internal temperature intact. The crush-resistant soft cooler comes with Flex-A-Guard liners made of low-density polyethylene material.
- Exterior zipper pockets provide sufficient storage space
- Comes with molded rubber handle for a secure grip
- Easy to wipe clean
- Adjustable shoulder strap
- Zipper quality may not be up to the mark
The soft cooler bag can hold up to 32 cans and ice. It features two sections, allowing you to separate liquids from dry food. The exterior of the cooler bag is made of high-density, water-resistant, and dirt-proof oxford fabric.
- Upper section features EPE foam and 210D oxford fabric to store dry items
- Lower section is made with seamless hot pressing technology, making it leak proof
- Padded handle and removable shoulder strap for comfort
- Comes with a wide top pocket, two side pockets, and two front pockets
- Sides of the soft cooler may not be sturdy
The soft cooler is made of waterproof fabric and has space to hold up to 40 cans, including ice. The collapsible and water-resistant bag is ideal for use while picnicking or grocery shopping.
- Collapses for compact storage
- Brand provides a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 180-day warranty for quality-related issues
- Velcro flip-open design and front zippered pocket
- Leak-proof insulated interior
- Comes with a built-in bottle opener
- Rubber bottom for stability
- Sides of the bag might not be durable
The soft cooler comes with strong magnets to offer ultra-leak-resistant protection. It features a wide-mouth opening and dual, quick-release buckles. It features closed-cell foam that offers great cold-holding capability. The soft cooler also comes with a leak-proof interior liner and waterproof exterior.
- Exteriorresists mildew, punctures, and UV rays
- Won’t open unexpectedly
- Can handle more weight than you wish to carry
- Magnet opening makes it difficult to load or empty things
- May not be easy to clean
The soft cooler with ultra-thick insulation and the zippered main compartment keeps drinks cold up to 34 hours. It also features a front zip pocket and side mesh pockets for easy access to dry goods and accessories. The soft cooler comes with an odor-resistant liner and is capable of holding up to 16 cans.
- Adjustable shoulder strap and padded top handles
- Comes with a bottle opener
- Integrated design is easily accessible
- Small size
The waterproof and scratch-resistant soft cooler comes with a combination of fused lining sheets, which eliminates leaks. The dual temperature lining system keeps your food and beverages cold or hot. The soft cooler with a puncture-resistant G8TRskin liner ensures durability.
- Zippered “kangaroo pouch” pocket offers sufficient storage space for keys
- Comes with anti-skid canvas to prevent the cooler from sliding
- Heavy-duty, corrosion-free YKK zipper
- Absorbs water from outside
The leak-proof soft cooler has a holding capacity of 49 cans. Built using nylon, the backpack is extremely durable and tear- and scratch-resistant. The soft cooler bag comes with one main insulated leak-proof storage compartment for cold drinks, an upper storage compartment for storing lunch, and two large front zipper pockets for holding utensils. It also comes with two large mesh side pockets for holding four bottles of wine and one mesh pocket on the strap for keeping your cell phone.
- EPE lining of 8mm provides 12 hours insulation effect
- Seamless lining stitching technology makes it leak-proof
- 20mm padded backpack
- Adjustable shoulder pad
- Built-in bottle opener
- Straps may not be durable
Benefits Of Using A Soft Cooler
Soft coolers offer several benefits when compared to hard coolers. The following are some of the benefits of using a soft cooler.
- Weighs less
Soft coolers are constructed using fabric or vinyl exterior that weighs less than plastic. So the primary weight of the soft coolers is very less.
Soft coolers come with handy shoulder straps and handle for portability.
- Takes up less storage space
Most soft coolers occupy very less storage space as they are collapsible.
- Easy to clean
They can easily be wiped clean or hand-washed.
How To Choose The Right Soft Cooler?
Soft cooler bags come in different models and designs. Here are a few pointers to consider before buying one.
- Size of the cooler bag
Go for a large or small soft cooler depending on whether you will be storing the food for yourself or a group of people.
The next aspect to consider is insulation. You need to consider the insulation system of the bag and check for small openings that might affect the insulation.
A soft cooler bag should ideally come with a joined zipper that is easy to open and close.
Consider the material that has gone into the making of the soft cooler. Ensure the material used is resistant to wear and tear and is water-resistant.
Ensure the soft cooler pad has sturdy straps and handles. The handles should ideally be padded.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How should I clean a soft-sided cooler?
The soft-sided coolers need not be cleaned after every use, but periodically to ensure that they are free of bacteria and molds. The interior of the soft-sided cooler can be cleaned with a damp cloth. You could mix baking soda and warm water, and clean the interior part using a cloth before air-drying it.
- Do soft coolers absorb odor?
Most soft-sided coolers do not hold unpleasant odors as they feature antimicrobial liners.
- What is the best way to pack a soft-sided cooler?
When packing a soft cooler, make sure to pre-cool everything before it goes into it because soft coolers are not designed to cool things, but help maintain a constant temperature of the food and beverages inside it. Keep the cooler out of direct sunlight to let it do its job effectively. Also, use ice packs and not ice cubes to keep the interior cool.
Soft coolers are essential if you go hiking, camping, fishing, or picnicking frequently. They are great for keeping your food and beverages cold for hours. We hope this list helps you find the right soft cooler for your outdoor adventures.