Do you know what’s worse than not having a power bank? Having a power bank that has no juice left. And if you are hiking or camping far from the city, you will probably not find a plug point to charge it either. Imagine the horror! To avoid being in such situations, you need to buy one of the best solar power banks that will keep your electronic devices going. Solar power banks, as the name indicates, are charged by solar energy with the help of concentrated solar panels. These panels absorb heat directly from sunlight to charge the power bank. This way you can relax on your trips as you will always have a backup for your devices.
Although these power banks have solar charging capabilities, it is important to understand that it should be used as a backup only, charging it with an AV adapter is still the main method. Now, let us take a look at the list of 11 solar power banks that were handpicked by our team.
11 Best Solar Power Banks
It is easy to exhaust the battery of a power bank when you carry multiple devices that need charging from time-to-time. This Blavor Qi portable charger has a solar charging feature that acts as a backup for instances when you don’t have a power plug close by. Made from premium ABS materials and lithium polymer batteries, this solar power bank has proven itself to be extremely sturdy and durable all while being lightweight.
- It has USB and type-C ports for connectivity.
- It has a battery capacity of 10,000 mAH.
- It works as a wireless charger for devices that are Qi-enabled.
- It also has dual flashlights and a compass which are extremely useful during outdoor activities.
- It might take a long time to charge due to its small solar panels.
If you are a person who carries multiple devices wherever you go, then this Feeke Solar Power Bank is exactly what you need. It does not matter if it is your mobile phone or tablet, this power bank with solar panels can charge them all. It has 3 USB ports which let you charge up to 3 devices simultaneously. It has a rugged sturdy design which makes it shockproof, waterproof, and dust proof.
- It has an IP66 rating that can endure harsh environments.
- It has an LED flashlight with 3 modes— strong light, flash, and SOS.
- It has a large-capacity battery of 32800mAH.
- It charges all Qi-enabled devices wirelessly.
- It has high-speed Type-C and Micro USB ports for fast charging.
- Charging with the solar panel is extremely slow.
Tekpluze Solar Power Bank has a 30000mAh, high capacity lithium-polymer battery making it the perfect backup for your long trips. It has eco-friendly solar panels that act as a backup to charge the power bank. You can either charge your electronic devices using the type-C/USB A ports or wirelessly with your Qi-enabled devices. It can automatically adjust the amount of charge required to avoid any overcharging of the devices.
- The battery has a lifespan of 1000+ recharges.
- It has 3 bright LED lights with an SOS mode.
- It can charge up to 3 devices at the same time.
- It is IP65 dustproof, waterproof, and shockproof.
- Once at maximum charge, this power bank can charge your phone up to 6 times.
- It has a carabiner to hang on the side of your bag; it will charge while you enjoy your hike.
- The battery might drain quickly.
If you are someone who clicks a lot of photos on your phone, then you are sure to run out of battery pretty soon. And especially if you are on a week-long camping trip, your ordinary power bank will be exhausted in no time. To save yourself from this nightmare, you should consider owning Panergy Portable Solar Power Bank. It uses its highly-efficient 15W solar panel and claims to charge the power bank faster than any other in the market. The outer case is made from sturdy ABS material and the power bank is certified IPX1 rainproof.
- It can charge your iOS or Android devices up to 6 times.
- It has both type-C and USB A charging ports.
- It adjusts the power output automatically to avoid overcharging.
- With the help of an 18W PD adapter, this power bank can be charged completely within just 8 hours.
- It has two built-in flashlights along with an SOS mode
- It has a brightness power of 150-160 lumens.
- On the back, it has 60 LED lights with an orange-hued light mode which attracts fewer mosquitoes.
- It is heavy.
Victim of regular power outages? If you are looking for a reliable solar power bank for home, this portable solar charger from Aonidi is the ideal choice. With a battery capacity of 26800mAH, this power bank can charge your devices like iPhone up to 12 times and Galaxy devices up to 6.5 times on a single charge. It has a 15W fast charging capability that can charge 3 devices at the same time. It is made from superior fireproof materials and a high-quality lithium-polymer battery.
- It offers fast charging with a maximum output rating of 3A.
- It has 18 super-bright LED lights on the back which can be turned on by long-pressing the power button.
- The LED has 4 modes including a flash mode and an SOS mode.
- The type-C port can be used as both an input and output port.
- It smartly assigns optimal current flow by detecting the type of device connected.
- It is quite bulky.
With the help of ERRBBIC Solar Power Bank, you don’t have to worry about your devices running out of battery anymore. This is a stylish, portable, and durable solar power bank that has a high-capacity battery and environmentally-friendly solar panels to charge on the go. When on a hike, you can hang this device on your backpack and let it charge in the sun; the 2W solar monocrystalline panels absorb the bright sunlight to charge the power bank.
- It has a built-in compass on the case.
- It is IPX4 shockproof, dustproof, and waterproof.
- It has a high capacity polymer battery capacity of 20000mAH.
- It has two LED lights that can be used as a flashlight and Steady-SOS-Strobe mode.
- It can charge all types of mobile phones and other compatible devices.
- The light and compass might not be durable.
Charge your devices anywhere and anytime with the help of BESWILL Solar Power Bank. Whether you are camping by the lake or hiking on a mountain, this sturdy and durable solar power bank will charge your devices efficiently all while enduring the harshest environments. It is made from durable materials and is drop-proof, dust-proof, shock-proof, and water-proof. It has a 30000mAH battery and will charge phones at least 10 times.
- It can charge up to 6 devices at the same time and has 5 output ports for wired connectivity and a wireless charging feature to charge your Qi-enabled devices.
- Owing to its PD 18W fast charging capabilities, it can charge a device like iPhone XS in just 1.5 hours.
- Depending on the device, the power bank will automatically adjust the current flow to avoid overcharging.
- It includes an in-built super bright flashlight that has a range of 40 meters.
- It has four lighting modes— strong light, dim light, warning light, and an SOS mode.
- It is not ideal for long-term use.
Are you the type of person whose anxiety peaks when the phone battery goes below a certain percentage? You can curb that anxiety when you own Minrise Solar Power Bank. This is a heavy-duty power bank with a battery capacity of 30000mAH and is equipped with 1W solar panels for solar recharge. It uses high-quality silicone rubber along with ABS+PC material which makes it dust-proof and shock-proof.
- It has passed the UL and CE safety standards.
- It is lightweight and easy-to-carry.
- It is fireproof and low-temperature resistant.
- It has LED indicators to show the percentage of battery remaining.
- It has triple output ports (dual fast-charging USB and one type-C) to charge multiple devices simultaneously.
- It can intelligently and precisely adjust the amount of power output required which helps in saving devices from overcharging.
- The battery life might not be up to the mark.
Let’s face it, nobody likes having their charging cables tangled. If you own a Qi-enabled device, then this solar-charged power bank is the perfect solution to solving the problem of the tangled cables. It lets you charge any and all of your Qi-enabled mobile phones with just a touch of a button. With the help of two USB ports, a type-C port, and wireless charging capability, you can charge up to 4 devices at the same time.
- It has a large battery capacity of 26800mAH.
- It is water-proof, dust-proof, and shock-proof.
- It can charge an iPhone up to 8 times before running out of battery.
- The 3A output and input ports allow for fasting charging of the devices and the power bank itself.
- It has 2 built-in LED flashlights that have 3 modes to choose from — normal, SOS, and strobe.
- Wireless charging might take longer than charging with cables.
If you are hiking alone, then FKANT Solar Power Bank is your perfect partner. Why so? Well, it is a solar power bank with a battery capacity of 30000mAH that can charge up to 6 devices at the same time, it has a flashlight that helps you navigate during dark times, and it is made from extremely durable materials which means it will be with you even in the harshest environments that you are passing through. If you think you have a better ideal partner, let us know. We are waiting!
- It is water-proof and shock-proof.
- It has UL and FCC certified battery solar cells.
- It has a carabiner to hang it on the side of the bag.
- It can wirelessly charge all Qi-enabled devices with a power output of 5W, 7W, and 10W; depending upon the type of device, it adjusts the power output accordingly.
- When charging with a cable, the input current can reach up to 9V/2A which is a lot faster than regular ones.
- The built-in 1W flashlight has a brightness of 150 lumens with a range of 40 meters.
- The flashlight has four modes— strong light, dim light, warning light, and SOS.
- It cannot be carried in the hand luggage on flights.
This solar power bank is specially designed to meet your charging needs. It is made from ABS fireproof materials and uses a premium-quality lithium polymer battery which is more durable than other ordinary batteries. It has 28 LED lights that emit 3-4 times brighter light than others. It can deliver an output power of up to 15W for fast charging via type-C and USB A ports. It can charge your phone completely within a short span.
- It can be charged over 2000 times.
- It is IPX55 splash-proof, shockproof, and dustproof making it very sturdy and suitable for harsh environments.
- The LED lights can be used as a flashlight or to send an SOS signal.
- It supports wireless charging to your charge Qi-enabled devices.
- It can intelligently distribute the exact amount of power needed to charge a device.
- Without a stable solar intensity, the power bank will take a long time to charge using the solar panel.
There you go! That was our list of the 11 best solar power banks for you. If you are still confused about which one to buy, continue reading to our buying guide which will definitely help you choose the right one.
A Buying Guide To Choosing The Right Solar Power Bank
Buying a solar power bank is no rocket science, it is a simple device that lets you charge your electronic devices. So, here are a few pointers that should help you buy the right solar power bank as per your needs:
- Solar Panels: As superfluous as it may seem, it is the most obvious one. The power bank needs to have solar panels for it to charge using sunlight. These solar panels are quite small and are designed to charge the power bank as efficiently as possible. They also prove to be quite eco-friendly.
- Battery Capacity: If you are going away for a short or a long trip, you will still need to charge your devices multiple times to get through. For example, BESWILL Solar Power Bank has a battery capacity of 30000mAH and it lets you charge devices up to 10 times. So depending upon your devices and the frequency requirement, you should choose the battery capacity.
- Portability: Of course, power banks are very portable but solar power banks can be a little heavier than the ordinary ones. So, try and choose a power bank that is lighter if you don’t want something bulky, but if you are okay with a little extra weight, then you should prioritize other features.
- Charging Ports: On trips, you either have to charge multiple devices or you might have to share your power bank with other people. For this reason, power banks need to have multiple output ports which will help you charge multiple devices simultaneously. This will cater to everyone’s need for charging their devices at the same time.
- Durability: To endure all kinds of environments, the power banks need to be durable and have a strong build. Most of the products on our list benefit from being water-proof, dust-proof, and shock-proof which avoids most physical damage situations.
- Additional Features: Some solar power banks have additional features like LED lights and a built-in compass. These features are practical and can quite come in handy during the trip.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can the solar power bank also be charged by a regular power outlet?
It is highly recommended to use a power outlet to charge the power bank regularly. The solar charging feature acts as a backup for situations when you don’t have access to a power outlet.
2. Why does solar charging take so much longer than charging from an outlet?
Due to the solar panel on the power banks being quite small, they can only have so much charging capacity which results in long hours of charging.
3. How long do solar power banks last?
It completely depends on the frequency of usage and the type of device that is being charged. If you are charging multiple devices at a time or a single device multiple times, you can easily drain the battery in an hour or two.
When you are camping or trekking, you should enjoy the experience rather than worrying about your devices running out of battery. Solar power banks are a great way to ease that anxiety. Although they offer a limited amount of charge, they are still worth having at your disposal. Now that you know what the best sun-charged power banks are in the market and also how to choose the perfect one, go ahead and buy away!