Movie buffs would love setting up a home theater at home, with a big flat screen TV and a great sounding audio source. As TVs are getting slimmer with time, they leave lesser space for built-in speakers. That’s when you need external audio sources like the soundbars, which can be a great match to your large TV screen and do justice to your home theater system.
A soundbar is a type of loudspeaker that projects sound in an enclosed space. In this system, few speakers are fitted in the form of a cabinet to create a stereo or a surround sound effect. Traditional home theatre speakers generally take up more space and are often complex to set up than the soundbar.
Soundbar speakers also radically improve the audio experience, whether you plug it into your TV or directly stream music from your smartphones.Keep reading for a list of the best soundbar speakers that are sure to leave you impressed with their audio quality.
13 Best Soundbar Speakers
The Bose 5 TV soundbar delivers impressive audio quality and clarity to dialogues in a movie or a TV show. It is so versatile that you can practically set it up anywhere. You can also stream music from your phone wirelessly through the speaker and enjoy your favorite songs with amazing bass.
- Easy to set upand connect to the TV
- Compact and sleek
- Supports Bluetooth connectivity
- Universal remote to control the system and most video sources
- Can increase or decrease the bass
- Auto-wake function detecting a sound source
- Doesn’t have a wall-mount kit
- Poor connectivity options
The 40-inch Bestisan soundbar from Megacra offers an incredible 100w deep bass sound. The sleek design ensures that it fits in beautifully with any interior or setup. It is sleek and small to fit under the TV and can also beeasily mounted on the wall.
- Stable Bluetooth connectivity
- Connectivity options include connections via an audio cable or even a USB
- Lifetime technical support
- Comes with customized acoustics
- Cord may be short
The Sonos Beam is a compact and smart soundbar that can give you an amazing audio experience when watching videos or listening to music. It is a stylish device with smooth edges and a glossy appearance designed to add a classy look to the room. You can enjoy a one-of-a-kind listening experience with this soundbar.
- Amazon Alexa support
- Easy control with an app, remote, and voice
- Automatic remote detection
- Night sound feature to enjoy late-night TV
- Alexa commands only work for TVs with HDMI-ARC port
- Doesn’t have anauxiliary input
The TaoTronics PC soundbar offers a dynamic audio experience with finely tuned dual 7wdrivers. It is sleek and compact in design, easy to set up, and can be connected to almost every modern TV.
- Vibrant RGB lights to elevate gaming performance
- Modern design to keep desk clutter-free
- Bluetooth or AUX connectivity
- 360 surround sound
- Could make a loud noise when switching it on/off
- Heats up when used for some time
The Samsung soundbar offers an optimized audio experience with powerful wireless bass and 3D surround sound for an immersive TV viewing experience. It sets an example of quality and advancement, fitting in the reputation of the globally-recognized brand. The sound bardeliversan unadulterated sound that is essential when watching movies or sports.
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Automatically optimizes sound setting
- Control soundbar functions with your Samsung TV remote
- Ideal for a home theatre
- Doesn’t have anapp
- Doesn’t have support for Atmos content
The JBL soundbar system sports a unique design and transforms into a wireless home theatre system for a good audio experience. It is a complete package with some exclusive features, including a JBL sound shift, detachable speakers, and a wireless woofer.
- Easy to setup
- Up to 10 hours of playtime
- Premium 4K connectivity
- Works with the TV remote
- Speakers require charging
Nakamichi’s soundbar is ideal for those who desire to transform their living room into a premium cinema within minutes. It makes everyone feel right in the center of the action, with its dual subwoofer delivering smooth, balanced bass across the entire space.
- Excellent body
- Exclusive spatial surround elevation SSE technology
- Bluetooth connectivity with AptX support
- Wider soundstage area
- Software could break
The BYL soundbar offers rock-solid sound via six professionally tuned drivers. It plays exceptional sound with clarity and zero distraction. The speaker is meticulously designed to fit perfectly with your smart TV and interiors.
- Built-in digital signal processor for unique sound experience in three modes
- Compatible with echo-enabled devices
- Bluetooth connectivity with DPS technology
- Functions with a remote
- May lackbass boost
The Marboo soundbar will make your desktop look classy. It is powered by a USB and connects easily with laptops, desktops, MP2, or other gadgets. The speaker is one of the best laptop soundbar speakers that looks sleek and stylish and gives you an enjoyable experience.
- Good sound level and clarity
- Easy to setup
- Unique and modern design
- Compatible with most of the smart devices
- May not have alow-end bass
Enjoy powerful bass music and clear sound at home with the six drivers filling even a big room. The sound is enough to fill up even a large space. It can be set up easily and connected to any of the smart devices.
- DSP technology with foursound modes
- Amazon Echo music compatibility
- Multiple connectivity options like USB, optical, and AUX input
- Doesn’t have HDMI or HDMI Arc compatibility
- Lacks smart home connectivity
The Sony soundbar is the ultimate home theatre upgrade for your home as it comes with seven sound modes. Its supreme quality portrays everything that the brand stands for. The flexible setup is an added advantage and can give you a great experience within the comfort of your home.
- Powerful subwoofers with 6.16-gallon volume for richer bass
- Voice enhancement feature
- Wireless subwoofers
- HDMI ARC connectivity support
- Doesn’t have a stereo jack or other connectivity options for older TVs
The Elegiant soundbar can produce superior sound and give a unique experience,turning your PC or TV into a private theater. The elegant design adds a touch of class to your home.It is designed for computers, making it suitable for your desktops and laptops.
- Compatible with most devices with 3.5mm jack
- Funky LED lights that can be switched on or off as desired
- Powered by battery and corded electricity
- Unique and sleek design
- Easy to use and maintain
- May have low sound volume and quality
- USB is only for power
The Dell soundbar gives you a good sound experience without big speakers and messy cables. It serves as an excellent upgrade for your built-in speakers. The stylish and sleek design improves the aesthetics and makes your home theatre look classy.
- Easy USB connectivity
- Space-saving design
- Quick to attach
- Rich stereo sound
- Echo-y sound quality
- AUX cable not included in the box
Factors To Consider When Choosing Soundbar Speakers
- Choose a soundbar with at least three speakers or channels – one on both sides and one in the center. You may even choose to splurge on soundbars with five to seven channels.
- A Dolby Atmos soundbar gives an edge over the five and seven-channel soundbars. The upwards-firing speakers reflect sound above you for a three-dimensional soundstage. These soundbars will bounce the audio off your ceiling to give a surround sound experience.
- Connectivity is another important factor when buying a soundbar. Look for a soundbar with standard connectivity options like Bluetooth, HDMI ARC, audio jack, and USB.
- Soundbars come in two varieties, active and passive. Active soundbars come with built-in amplifiers. For passive soundbars, you would need to get a separate receiver. So, choosing an active model will give you a two-for-one solution and also save space.
- Ideally, a soundbar should not be wider than your TV. Decide where you would place the soundbar before buying, as it can be placed beneath the TV or hung on a wall. Some soundbars come with a wall mounting kit.
- A table filled with remotes can get messier and complicated when you need to control the sound immediately. Choose a soundbar that comes with a universal remote control. You may also find a soundbar that can be programmed with your TV remote.
- You can add extra subwoofers if you are looking for a more immersive audio experience. A few soundbars include the subwoofers in the package.
- Ensure you are buying the soundbars with a manufacturer’s warranty. That way, you will get additional support from the manufacturer if something goes wrong with your purchase.
- Choosing a soundbar with Google Assistant or Alexa support would be a plus.
A soundbar is an affordable option to amplify your TV sound. It is also comparatively easy to set up. Most of the soundbar soffer easy connectivity to your TVs, laptops, desktops, or even your smartphones, allowing you to stream music wirelessly. We hope you find the best soundbar speaker for your TV from our list of the best soundbars.