If you want to squeeze extra clothing into your suitcase or bulky bedding into a closet, our list of the best space-saver bags can help you fit them easily. These bags offer a convenient storage solution to keep your belongings safe, making them easy to access. The storage bags come in different sizes that fit everything from jumbo-sized items to small things like clothing and linen. With various available options, choosing the right bag may be difficult. So, read on to know more.
11 Best Space Saver Bags
1. Best With Stay-On Clips: Hibag Space Saver Bags
Hibag premium vacuum storage bags are suitable for saving up to 80% space while storing seasonal clothes or beddings. They are made of extra thick material and feature an airtight zipper and a specifically designed valve that enable you to store items for four to six months. The storage space saver comes with stay-on clips instead of a standard clip and a free hand pump. The yellow and blue liners allow easy locking, and the material ensures the long-term usage of these bags.
- Available in four packs
- Made of thick and flexible PA and PE
- Bags are rip- and tear-resistant
- Zipper has a lower side and an upper side
- Great for carry-on luggage while traveling
- Protects contents from moisture and dust
- May not be suitable for leather items
- May be thinner than you expect
2. Best With Double-Zip Seals: BoxLegend Space Saver Bags
BoxLegend space saver bags are available in multiple jumbo packs. The bags are made of PA and PE, which help keep the air out. Their double-zip seals and triple-seal turbo valves are designed to suck all the air from the bag, giving an extra 80% storage capacity. The bags feature a hand pump, vacuum cleaner, or electric air pump. These bags are suitable for use during travel and for storing things in the house.
- Each pack includes eight bags
- Great for storing coats, duvets, and bed sheets
- Tear-resistant material
- Can be used to organize clothes
- May be larger than expected
- May not be odor-resistant
3. Best Reusable: Storage Master Vacuum Storage Bags
The vacuum storage bags by Storage Master allow you to store seasonal clothing, pillows, comforters, blankets, and more. These compression storage bags are highly durable and reusable because of their flexible and thick plastic film with a unique embossing method. They have an ingenious double-zip seal and a triple-seal valve that sucks out every last drop of air. The small hand pump makes them travel-friendly, and they are compatible with any standard vacuum cleaner hose. Watch this video to get a detailed review of the product.
- Made of thick PA and PE material
- Wear-and tear-resistant
- Creates up to 80% room for extra storage space
- Available in seven sizes
- Zipper quality could have been better
- May not be flexible enough
4. Best Waterproof: Ziploc Space Bags
Ziploc space bags are reusable, waterproof, and airtight, making them suitable for storing bedding and clothes. The volume of the packaging can be reduced by 75% with the use of these bags. Vacuum sealing helps protect against mildew, moisture, insects, and other environmental hazards and helps reduce oxidization. The bags come with easy-to-slide double-zip sealers and one-way vacuum valves. Here’s a video to help you know more about this product.
- Offer ample storage space for two pillows and one comforter
- Space saver bag can be fluffed by hand
- Can be tumble dried
- Comes in multiple sizes
- May require more space for stacking
- Some may find the plastic to be slippery
5. Best Moisture-Proof: Xutai Vacuum Storage Bags
Xutai bags are available as three small, three medium, and three large vacuum storage bags. They feature moisture-proof and air-proof properties because of their unique double-zip seal and triple-seal valve design. The portable pump included with the bags helps compress the space. The material used in the storage bags is durable, thick, and lasts longer. This video takes you through this product’s details.
- Can be stored in the attic, closet, and garage
- Saves storage space by 80%
- Available in different sizes
- Some may find the plastic to be slightly thin
- Pump may not be highly durable
6. Best Heavy-Duty: Meiqihome Seven Jumbo Vacuum Storage Bags
Meiqihome jumbo storage bags are of premium range and can be used for storing comforters and towels. You can save about 80% space by using these heavy-duty storage bags. The triple-seal turbo valve and the innovative double-zip seal are designed to suction every ounce of air out of the bag. The product comes with a hand pump, and you can also use a vacuum cleaner for quicker results.
- Made of flexible and durable materials
- Can be reused during all seasons
- Keeps a check on moisture accumulation
- Comes in five sizes
- May tear upon reopening
- May not be flexible enough
7. Best Airtight: Taili Cube Vacuum Storage Bags
Taili two-in-one unique valve makes it three times easier to vacuum and store things. The colors of the zippers change from black and white to gray when you seal them, indicating whether the bags are correctly packed or not. The clips stay on, and no caps are needed to seal this bag. The bottom is broad and can be filled and vacuumed to a box-type shape. These bags are airtight and waterproof, and they protect the stored items from dust or moisture.
- Can be vacuumed in less than ten seconds
- Removes gas in the belt without a pump
- 3D structure and stable base make storing things easy
- Available in five sizes
- Saves storage space by 80%
- Material may be slightly thin
- May require effort to seal
8. Best Durable: VacPack Space Saver Bags
VacPack storage bags create more than 70% additional space. The bag features a double zip seal and a one-of-a-kind turbo valve that isolates garments from the air and maintains a vacuum for up to a year. They are made of 0.09mm thick material that makes the bags strong and durable. You can use these bags for storing bedding and clothes. The pack contains five bags of roll-up medium, roll-up small, small, medium, large, and jumbo.
- Each pack includes 30 bags
- Highly ductile finish
- Bags are reusable
- Travel-friendly design
- May not be suitable for storing fur items
- May not be very easy to seal
9. Best Leak-Proof: Tooerlen Travel Space Saver Bags
Tooerlen storage bags are made of PA and PE to protect your garments from dust and odors. The double-zip seal ensures zero leakage. These bags save up to 80% of space and are reusable. They have a built-in suction valve that provides airtight compression. The ten-pack contains three medium, three large and four small bags.
- Waterproof and mildew-resistant
- Easy to use without any tools
- No need for a vacuum pump
- Easy to pack into wardrobes
- Sealing slide is separable after use
- Zipper quality could have been better
- May not be suitable for storing jeans
10. Best Portable: Kingdom Home Cube Storage Space Bags
Kingdom Home offers a set of two storage bag totes and three cube vacuum bags. The storage bag totes are made of strong material, with carrying handles, a clear window, and a portable design. They are huge space-savers due to their cube or box-shaped design. The bags can be used for storing soft items, including bedding, winter clothes, or plush toys.
- Quality zippers
- Elegant reinforced handles
- Offers extra space-saving capacity
- Has a carrying capacity of 40lb
- May require frequent vacuuming
- May be bigger than expected
11. Best With Transparent Front: Hometall Space Saver Bags
Hometall space-saver vacuum storage bags have a broadened bottom for convenient storing of garments in a cube form after vacuuming. The zipper color changes, helping you identify if the bags are entirely sealed or not, and the presence of press-type valves makes it convenient for locking. They can be suppressed using the hand pump or a vacuum cleaner. The transparent front part of the bags helps you know what is stored in them.
- Made of watertight and airtight material
- Effectively protects bags from bugs
- See-through design
- Available in two sizes
- Nozzles may not be durably built
- May develop permanent crimps over time
How To Choose The Right Space Saver Vacuum Bags?
Here are a few tips for choosing the right space saver bag to keep your things secure s.
1. Size: For off-season storage, choose extra big or jumbo bags to hold pillows, cushions, thick linens, and puffy winter jackets and coats. For smaller fabrics, medium and small bags would do.
2. Material: Thick bags are easy to craze, and bags on the thinner side tend to scratch and get damaged easily. Therefore, choose the ideal material that stores for longer periods without damage.
3. Use duration: Some space-saving bags are designed for temporary storage when traveling or relocating. Others are intended to be stored for six to twelve months. Long-term storage containers are more robust, and they feature liners or inserts to help prevent mold and mildew.
4. Air removal method: Space saver bags require you to evacuate the air either with a vacuum cleaner’s suction hose or a hand pump. You can also buy space-saving bags that eliminate air by compressing them.
Why Trust MomJunction
As a writer and editor, Wedetso loves to spend his time creating content that engages and entertains people. He has a particular interest in electronics, automobiles, books, and kids’ essentials and loves to write about top products and innovations that catch his fancy. He spends hours sifting through the overwhelming world of things in these categories to curate the best content for his readers with complete transparency. The space-saver bags listed here are made of high-quality materials and are durable. The list also includes a buying guide for your convenience.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I put garments made of natural fibers in a space saver bag?
Items made of natural fibers, such as wool and fur, should not be stored in vacuum bags for an extended period. Fibers require air to maintain their original form. Storing them in compressed bags for more than six months can cause damage. You should air such textiles periodically.
2. Can I repair a damaged space saver bag?
If the space saver bag has air leaking out of it, you can fix it. HH-66 cement is commonly used to repair a leak at the vacuum stem or the edges of a space saver bag. If you detect a leak when pressing a project panel, you can cover the hole with transparent packaging tape or vinyl.
3. Can vacuum storage bags be recycled?
Yes, most vacuum storage bags are recyclable. To recycle them, remove the existing vacuum sealer and drop them off in a plastic-bag recycling bin.
4. Can vacuum storage bags be reused?
Yes, you can reuse vacuum storage bags.
5. Are vacuum storage bags waterproof?
Yes, most vacuum storage bags are waterproof.
6. How long does the seal on a vacuum storage bag last?
The seal on a vacuum storage bag usually lasts around four months. After that, the bag needs to be re-vacuumed for long-term storage.
Every household must have a space saver bag that allows you to store seasonal clothes or beddings with minimum effort. They help create extra room, and some of them are even travel-friendly and can be taken wherever you go without worry. However, with many options available, choosing the best space saver bag may seem challenging. To ensure you get your hands on the best one, choose large enough bags for your needs made from durable thick materials that do not damage the things stored in them.
- Best Meal Management Bags
- Best Yoga Bags
- Best Crossbody Bags For Travel In Europe
- Best Louis Vuitton Bags