Washing dishes can be a tedious chore, but the right kitchen equipment can make this chore a little more bearable. So, here’s our list of the best sponge holders to help you choose the right one. These holders help keep your scrubbers or sponges dry and prevent bacteria from breeding on them.
They are available in different designs and sizes and offer various features and functions to suit your needs. These holders will keep the sponges dry and your kitchen clean. So, take a look at the available options to choose a suitable one.
13 Best Sponge Holders to Buy
1. Best Suction: Simplehuman Sink Caddy with Suction Cup, Brushed Stainless Steel
Keep your sink area neat and tidy with this sponge holder. It measures 7.6×5.6×7.5in and is designed with three compartments for conveniently organizing your utensil cleaners. The holder is made of long-lasting material that is rustproof and durable. This video will give you a better insight into the product.
- Four suction cupsfor a no-slip grip
- Comes with multiple ventilation holes for faster drying
- Has elevated sponge storage compartments for storing sponges
- Pop-out silicone brush holder can help hold longer brushes
- Comes with a five-year warranty
- Gasket may accumulate gunk over time
- Stand may not stick to sinks with ceramic bases
2. Best Stylish Design: Albayrak Soap Dispenser For Kitchen + Sponge Holder 2-In-1
This innovatively designed sponge holder helps prevent messy spills or drips. It has a stylish design, a capacity of 13 oz, and features a soap dispenser and caddy to hold scouring pads, dish brushes, and scrubbers.
- Made of unbreakable ABS plastic
- Compact organization for one-hand operation
- Ideal for storing all kinds of liquid soaps
- Eliminates cluttering of sinks
- May develop cracks over time
- May lead to a slime-like substance accumulating between the base and top
3. Best For Gifting: Mud Pie Kitchen Dish Sponge Holder Caddy
This is a classy sponge sink holder to add to your kitchen. With this sleek kitchen sponge holder, you can easily place your sponge in the cut-out slit. This sponge holder measures 3.25 x 3 inched in diameter and can accommodate both a big brush and a mini scrub brush. It also makes a lovely present for moms.
- Made of ceramic
- Space to hold extra water
- Prevents sponge from smelling like mildew
- Designed to make the space look attractive
- May not be dishwasher safe
- Inside parts may be prone to rusting
4. Best Versatile: iDesign Kitchen Sink Suction Holder For Sponges, Scrubbers, Soap
With this kitchen sink sponge holder, you can always keep your kitchen scrubbers dry. It measures 6.5 x 2.5 x 2.5 inches and is an ideal choice for those who desire a sleek and reliable storage space for sponges.
- Open design and drain holes on the sides and bottom allow easy drainage
- Made from durable and translucent plastic to match any décor
- Versatile enough to be used in office spaces, kitchens, craft rooms and bathrooms
- Dual, reliable suction cups for better hold
- Connectors may be prone to dislodging quite often
- May not attach to wet surfaces
5. Best With Compartments: Joseph Joseph 85134 Surface Sink Caddy Stainless Steel Sponge Holder
This is a sponge holder to keep your sink area organized and clean. The main compartment of this sponge holder is divided into two sections, and the front unit is designed to hold all kinds of sponges and scrubbers. Watch this video for a thorough understanding of the product.
- Made of durable stainless steel material
- Separate compartments for a brush and a bottle
- Has non-slip feet to stand firm wherever it is placed
- Comes with a sloped base to drain out water easily
- Equipped with a rail for drying wet sponges
- Easy to dismantle and clean
- Users may find it challenging to remove advertising stickers
- May develop an odor if water is not drained regularly
6. Best Dishwasher-Safe: OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Sponge Holder
Designed to hold two sponges or scrubbers, this compact sponge holder can fit comfortably in any kitchen sink. The open sides and drain holes ensure quick-drying, and the pour spout allows easy drainage of soapy water.
- Made from rustproof stainless steel
- Parts of the holder can come apart for easy cleaning
- Has four feet to prevent it from sticking to wet surfaces
- May not hold sponges of all sizes
- Lack of bottom weight makes it prone to toppling over
7. Best Rust-Resistant: Adhesive Sponge Holder + Brush Holder, 2-In-1 Sink Caddy
This 2-in-1 sponge holder measures 7.3 x 2.8 x 2.5 inches and can be stuck directly on the sink walls. It features two separate compartments for a brush and sponge. With this product, you can easily organize your sink accessories in a tidy manner.
- Suitable for large and deep sinks
- Made of SUS 304 stainless steel and is less prone to rusting
- Waterproof and rustproof
- Has strong adhesive hooks to stick on almost any surface
- May be prone to falling if sponges or wands are placed in it
- Edges may be sharp, making its users prone to injuries
8. Best Multipurpose: Good to Good Silicone Sponges Holder – Kitchen Sink Organizer Tray
This is one of the best kitchen sponge holders to hold soaps, scrubbers, and other kitchen sink accessories. It measures 10×5.3×0.67 inches, is spacious and comes with a handy countertop tray. It is designed to protect the sink area from soapy water and allows wet sponges to dry off quickly.
- Made of flexible silicone for added neatness and cleanliness
- Multipurpose sink organizer can be used as a tray for keeping washed fruits and as a spoon rest
- Easy to clean
- Available in four different colors
- Organizer may be prone to discoloration
- May not have adequate suctioning to keep the tray intact
9. Best For Divided Sinks: Sink Caddy Sponge Holder Soap Holder, Eunion Plastic Saddle Faucet Caddy
This silicone two-pocket holder makes a perfect sink accessories holder for divided sinks. It measures 5.7 x 5.5 x 4.8 inches, and its design makes it convenient to hold soaps, brushes, and sponges. With this smart sponge holder, you can enjoy a tidy kitchen sink.
- Made of silicone and two layers of plastic to retain the good shape in the long run
- Does not require stickers or suction cups to keep it in place
- Holes at the bottom and sides for allowing water drainage
- Can also be used as a desk organizer
- Some may find the stand to be bulky
- Design may be flimsy and may not stay put while installed
10. Best Stainless Steel: Aiduy Sponge Holder
This is one of the best stainless steel sponge holders for holding soap, brush, dish soap, sponge, and even towels. It keeps your utensils away from dirty water.
- Made using 304 stainless steel for added durability
- Hook design allows easy installation and removal
- Has a rust-resistant build for prolonged use
- Features a spacious rack design for better functionality
- Hollow bottom design allows water to drain quickly
- Some may find the stand to occupy a lot of space
- May not suit single sinks
11. Best Reliable: ODesign Kitchen Sink Caddy Organizer Sponge Soap Brush Holder
This reliable sink caddy organizer measures 9.4 x 5.9 x 5.9 inches and is designed to hold different kinds of sink accessories. The basket design and the separate areas to store soap dispenser, scrubber, towel, etc., make it a perfect choice for many kitchens.
- Made of SUS304 high-grade stainless steel for added aesthetics and durability
- Comes with an integrated rail to hang and dry dish towels
- Removable drain pan prevents water from pooling on the counter
- Sponge holder is waterproof and rust proof for prolonged service
- Slots may not fit big sponges
- Thick edges of the stand prevents the holes on both ends from lining up
12. Best Suction: Spectrum Diversified Contempo Sponge & Brush Holder
This easy-to-install stainless steel suction sink basket is ideal for holding brushes and scrubbers. It measures 6.5 x. 2.75 x 3 inches and it can be easily installed on a wall or inside the sink. The sleek and stylish open-wire sink organizer dries cleaning supplies quickly.
- Comes with three strong suction cups for a streamlined design
- Features an open design for optimal drainage
- Strong and durable construction gives it a modern and contemporary look
- Helps keep kitchen brush and sponge conveniently within reach
- May not be dishwasher safe
- Suctioning may not work with granite composite sinks
With this sink sponge holder in your kitchen sink, you do not have to worry about losing your scrubbers. It measures 1.9×1.9×1.2 inches and is a set of two quick-drying holders that can be stuck on any smooth surface without any hassles of drilling or installation.
- Minimalistic design
- Open design allows water to drain quickly
- Made of SUS304 stainless steel for a brushed finish
- Rustproof and waterproof
- Comes with a powerful adhesive to hold weight up to eight pounds in daily use
- Caddy may require extra adhesive to make sure that it sticks to the wall
- Width may be more than expected to hold a sponge
How to Choose the Best Sponge Holders?
A sponge holder might seem like an ordinary sink accessory, but it certainly has a lot of importance. To keep your kitchen and kitchen sink spick and span, keep in mind the following features before purchasing a sponge holder:
- Easy to clean: Always go for a sponge holder that is easy to clean because you would need to do that often. Holders with a simple and sleek design always make a good choice.
- Has good grip: A holder that keeps falling off the wall or sink will definitely add to your troubles. Therefore, pick one that offers a good grip and doesn’t fall.
- Rust-resistant: As the exposure to moisture is quite high, it is important to buy a sponge holder that is rust-resistant.
- Easy to install: Nobody likes the hassle of drilling or installing. Buying a sponge holder that is easy to set up is always a good choice.
Why Trust MomJunction?
We have compiled the best sponge holders that can keep your kitchen sponges dry and free of bacteria. Our list has stainless steel and plastic sponge holders in various sizes and designs with features such as dishwasher-safe, rust-resistant, durability, and warranty. The detailed descriptions of every product and a buying guide can help you pick the most suitable product for your home.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are sponge holders good?
Sponge holders help organize the kitchen by keeping the sponges in a particular place, between uses, allowing them to drip dry as well.
2. Are sponge holders necessary?
If the sponges don’t dry properly after use, the water could become stagnant and lead to germ build-up and a foul smell. This is where a sponge holder comes to your rescue, as it facilitates the sponge’s drying process.
3. How do I store a sponge over the sink?
With the help of a sink caddy, you can place the sponge in the sink area. Simultaneously, these caddies can hold a bottle brush and a dishwashing soap bottle as well.
4. Do kitchen sponges holders host bacteria?
Since a kitchen sponge is susceptible to becoming a host to an array of germs, sponge holders may also get exposed to bacteria. Therefore, it is recommended to regularly clean, disinfect, and air or sun dry holders as well.
5. Can I use a sponge without a sponge holder?
Choosing to do so would mean placing the sponge flat on a surface and not allowing it to dry properly due to the lack of proper ventilation, thus resulting in the infestation of germs. This may lead to food contamination in the long run (1).
6. How often should I change my kitchen sponge holder?
If a kitchen sponge holder is made of durable steel or silicone and is cleaned and sunned periodically, it can be used for months. They may sometimes also last years at length, unless they begin to rust or develop sediment build-up.
The right sponge can take the challenge out of washing dishes and make the whole process much faster. However, they can attract bacteria if left unwashed on the kitchen counter after use. The options for the best sponge holders listed here cover various designs and are available in different sizes with multiple compartments. Some of them are multipurpose and can be used as soap dispensers too. Picking a good-quality sponge holder involves considering whether it’s durable, easy to install and clean, and resistant to rust. The reviews and buying guide above will help you pick the most suitable option for your kitchen.
- Microbiological Quality Of Kitchens Sponges Used In University Student Dormitories:
- Best Bath Sponges; Loofahs
- Best Cleaning Caddies
- Best Undermount Kitchen Sinks
- Best Delta Kitchen Faucets