If you want your little one to feed independently, we have created a list of the best spoons for babies to help you choose the right one. When you switch your child to self-feeding, you need colorful and interesting utensils to keep your child engaged for long. As they try pureed vegetables or solid food, they also need the right spoons to make the feeding process comfortable. These spoons are brightly colored and are made from baby-friendly materials for hassle-free eating. They are shallow compared to standard spoons, as babies can take in small quantities of food at a time. Designed with ergonomic handles, they can easily help your child grab the spoon. They can help your child transition to standard spoons.
However, choosing a baby spoon is not an easy task. Just like any other baby product, you have to be careful because the wrong spoon will make eating difficult and may also injure your child’s delicate mouth and gums. Such mishaps can make your baby disinterested in self-feeding. Available in multiple sizes, colors, shapes, and designs, our list has you covered. You can take a look at the products listed below to choose a spoon that fits your child’s needs. So, read on to learn more.
Our Top Picks
15 Best Baby Spoons In 2021
Quality, colors, price – there is so much to consider when it comes to buying a spoon for your little one. Here are best baby spoons in the market today – each with its own unique USP!
1. Best Spill-Free Self-Feed: Beaba 360
The Beaba 360 is a great spoon for when your baby is learning to self-feed. Its unique design ensures zero spillages. This spoon will help your little one transition to a regular spoon without any hassle. Free of lead, and phthalate, the spoons are 100% safe for your baby. Watch this video to understand how this spoon works.
- Suitable for on the go
- Curved design for better grip
- Comes with a protective case
- Goes gentle on the gums
- Some may find the spoon slippery
2. Best With Protective Cover: Boon Squirt
Perfect for moms on the go! This spoon dispenses one bite at time. It comes with an easy to clean bulb that can hold up to 3 ounces of baby food. So, next time you’re going on a long ride, just pack some baby food in this ‘spoon with a bulb’ and you’ll be good to go! Don’t worry about cleaning the spoon in between feeds. The spoon comes with a protective cover that keeps the spoon clean. Before buying, have a look at this video for more details
- Dispenses one bite at a time
- Food-grade silicone
- Portion may be too small for older babies
- May generate vacuum when food is stored
3. Best For Teething: Munchkin Baby Spoon
A crowd favorite, Munchkin spoons are a safe bet. Made with BPA free products, the spoons come in a range of colors, making them perfect for fussy babies and toddlers. Munchkin baby spoons are gentle on the gums. So, you can easily use them as teethers too. Watch this video to know more about this spoon.
- rounded spoon bowls
- Dishwasher safe
- Comfortable to hold
- Ergonomically designed
- May not rest when placed in a bowl
- Some might find the spoons a bit heavy
4. Best Gum-Safe Baby Spoon For Teething: SpuniBaby Spoons
If you are looking for something unique, Spuni will be the best bet! Its patented design makes feeding times non-messy and easy. Spuni spoons are BPA, BPS, Phthalates and PVC free. They come with an ergonomically designed handle that fits both adult and baby hands.
- Suitable for first-time feeding
- Patented design
- Imported material and design
- Top rack dishwasher-safe
- May be prone to damage if sanitized
- May not sterilizer-friendly
5. Best Baby Spoon For Left-Handed Babies: Nuby Baby Spoons
Finally, a product that works for your left hander! Nuby baby spoons are perfect for both left and right handed babies. Beautiful colors and designs make them a favorite among young babies. These spoons are dishwasher safe and easy to clean – just what a busy mom needs.
- Soft edges
- Long grip handle
- Senses temperature
- Suitable for purees
- May be a little deep for six months old babies
- Colors may fade over time
[ Read : Nuby Squeeze Feeder Review ]
6. Best Dishwasher-Safe : BabyBjorn Baby Spoon
These spoons are made especially for tiny hands! The BabyBjorn baby spoons help your baby master her fine motor skills. Dishwasher safe, these spoons are easy to clean and maintain. If you are a working mom, go ahead invest in some BabyBjorn spoons!
- Complies with safety standards
- Suitable for working moms
- Top rack dishwasher safe
- Plastic may peel away over time
- May be prone to scratches
7. Best Stainless Steel: Oxo Tot Feeding Spoon
These spoons are BPA, phthalate and PVC free. Easy on your baby’s gums, the Oxo Tot Feeding spoons are made of stainless steel, making them durable. The shape of the spoons is perfect for scooping out food. Not as exciting or colorful as the other products on this list, but with Oxo, you can be sure of quality.
- Comes with a protective covering
- Suitable for transitioning to solid food
- Scratch-proof design
- Sturdy construction
- May not be dishwasher safe
- Silicone may be prone to breakage
8. Best Baby Spoon For Self-Feed Training: Chicco First Spoon
Chicco first spoon is the perfect spoon to teach your baby to self-feed. It is specially designed to make self-feeding easier and non-messy. A little on the costlier side? Yes, but the Chicco spoons are worth the investment!
- Angled tip
- Soft-touch design
- Ideal size
- Does not have sharp edges
- Might be a little shallow to hold enough food
- Not suitable for left-handed children
9. Best Flexible And Soft Baby Spoon: Olababy 100% Silicone Soft-Tip Training Spoon
This spoon for babies also doubles up as a teether. The spoon is made from food-grade silicone and does not contain any harmful chemicals. It is also flexible and soft, which means it will not hurt or irritate the gums of the baby no matter how much they gnaw at it. The scoop of the spoon is designed to pick any baby food item.
- 100% toxin-free material
- Can be placed upright
- Free of sharp edges
- May be prone to cracks upon usage
10. Best Dual-End Baby Spoon For Teething: PrimaStella Silicone Rainbow Chew Spoon Set
The PrimaStella Rainbow Set is an excellent tool for introducing solids to your baby. The spoon comes with two ends, one for dipping and the other for scooping, and the texture is super-soft and flexible. Moreover, the spoons, made of 100% food-grade silicone, are easy on your little one’s gums and free of additives, lead, BPA, PVC, and phthalates.
- Safety tested
- Textured end works for teething
- Suitable for baby-led weaning
- Spoon may be too deep
- Head might be a little thick
11. Best Ergonomic: PandaEar Baby Silicone Soft Spoons
These colorful, child-friendly spoons by PandaEar are made of food-grade silicone and are free of BPA, lead, phthalates, PVC, and other toxic chemicals. The spoons are available in a set of six and are ergonomically designed to scoop sufficient food for every bite with minimal effort.
- Gum-friendly and soft
- Shallow design to prevent choking hazards
- May not be stain-resistant
- May have a peculiar taste
12. Best Eco-Friendly Silicone Baby Spoon: Tommee Tippee Explora Feeding Spoons
These are designed with chunky handles that offer an easy grip, a wide spoon base to take an easy scoop and hold food rightly. Your baby can easily feed by herself using this spoon. They are microwave, dishwasher, and sterilizer safe, and are also BPA free. They are available as a set of five and are suitable for seven-month babies and above.
- Suitable for small hands
- Easy to wash
- Bright and fun colors
- Prevents spilling food on clothes
- Tip may be too wide
- Some may find the handle a bit short
13. Best Eco-Friendly Silicone Baby Spoon: Sperric First Stage Baby Infant Spoons
These brightly colored spoons with a contoured handle are ergonomically designed for easy grip and encourage your little ones to self-feed. Furthermore, the spoons are made of eco-friendly silicone and help scoop food items such as purées and cereal.
- Does not scrape the gums
- Colorful spoons
- May not be dishwasher safe
- Sanitizing the spoons in a steamer may make it prone to melting
14. Best For Temperature Check: Dr. Brown’s Designed to Nourish TempCheck Spoons
Available in a set of four, these colorful spoons ensure safe feeding by changing color when the food is too hot. The spoons turn clear if the temperature is higher than 105℉. They are made of 100% safe silicone and are soft and soothing for tender gums.
- Dishwasher- and sterilizer-safe
- Free of BPA
- Flexible and shallow scoop
- Long handle
- Elevated spoon rest to prevent mess
- May be difficult to scoop slightly hard food
- Spoon may fall out of the bowl at times
15. Best For Six-Month-Olds: NUK First Essentials Rest Easy Spoons
NUK brings you these Rest Easy spoons designed to keep germs off the spoon and prevent messy tables. They feature a spatula edge that helps wipe food away from the baby’s mouth. This set includes six colorful spoons for easy feeding and is suitable for children aged six months and above,
- Soft tip is gentle on the teeth and gums
- Easy to hold
- May get stained easily
- May be a bit too deep for some children
Why Trust MomJunction?
We have curated a list of some of the best spoons available in the market for your baby after careful research and going through customer reviews. The article is written keeping in mind the needs and wants of mothers when they are looking forward to feeding their little ones using a baby spoon but do not know how to choose one that suits their little ones.
One of the best things about having a baby is the shopping you get to do! All those cute baby products vying for attention is a dream come true for many women. But buying a good quality baby spoon is not just about splurging money; it is about teaching your baby the joy of eating. So, stock up on some cute spoons. They will surely add a dash of color to your kitchen!
One of the best ways to encourage your baby to eat independently or wean them from breastfeeding is by giving them colorful and ergonomic spoons. These spoons listed here are designed for babies to make mealtime more comfortable and fun. They are also high-quality products made of durable and safe materials and are gentle on your little one’s gums. So, bring home a colorful spoon and make eating semi-solid or solid foods fun for your munchkin.