Kids love playing with water, especially in summers. Getting a sprinkler for the garden could be a great way to let them cool off on summer evenings, and also encourage them to play outdoors. A sprinkler may not be a toy, but it is an accessory that would help the parents keep their kids occupied and away from gadgets during vacations.
If you are looking for water sprayers or sprinklers that are fun, easy-to-use, and safe, read this MomJunction with a list of the best sprinklers for kids, along with their pros and cons.
11 Best Sprinkler For Kids
Fitting the garden theme, this Sunny Patch Blossom Bright Sprinkler from Melissa & Doug could be a good buy. It is a bright and flowery sprinkler that could be attached to a garden hose and sprays water in all directions. This could be recommended for children aged three to six years.
- Made of a durable rubber material
- Promotes active play, and waters the plants too
- 12 spouts that spray water evenly
- Adjustable water pressure to sprinkle water higher or lower
- Easy to set up with any garden hose
- May form puddles since the flowers are firm
- May need high water pressure
A significantly smaller version of real-life fire hydrants, this fun splasher could give your children immense joy. It could be connected to any garden hose and spray water up to a certain distance. This sprinkler measures 8.9 x 5.2 x 4.21in.
- Could splash water up to eight feet
- Easy to use
- Has a stable and durable base
- Spins and sprays water to cover the entire lawn
- Spins only with high pressure
- Color may fade when exposed to sunlight
This is another fun sprinkler for kids from Melissa & Doug. It is easy to set up, preferably in the outdoor area, and features around 12 splash projections that spray water finely. This is suitable for children aged from three to six years, and it measures 6 x 7.5 x 8in.
- Promotes outdoor play and improves coordination
- Easy to hook up and remove
- Sturdy and durable
- Fun design and brightly colored
- Made from soft plastic materials
- Flowers are stationary
- Low water pressure
Little Tikes Beach Ball sprinkler combines the action of a beach ball with water play. All you need to do is inflate and hook it up to a water hose for some splashing fun. It is recommended for kids aged from 18 months to four years. This could be used on a glass surface or also a trampoline and holds well on any surface.
- Sprinkles water in all directions
- Offers hours of summertime fun
- Durable and soft plastic material
- Easy to fix to any garden hose
- Could also be used like a beach ball
- May require high water pressure
- Could accumulate water inside and may be difficult to drain
If your child shows an interest in mythical creatures, then this could be one of the best water sprinklers for them. It is four feet tall and rightly hooks up to the hose. Inflate the sprinkler before use and connect it to a regular-sized garden hose to begin the fun.
- Adjustable by changing the pressure of the PVC tube
- Suitable for all ages over three months
- Made of high-quality thick material
- Ideal for backyard water play, pool party, unicorn-themed party
- May droop when full of water
- May not withstand the weight of the hose sometimes
The Buyplus Lawn sprinkler may also be used for agriculture, grass irritation, nursery, cooling, and greenhouse watering. It features three 360° adjustable rotating arms and 12 built-in nozzles that could spray up to 32.8 feet and cover around 3,600 square feet lawn.
- Covers large area, and sprays at a long distance
- Spraying angles are adjustable from 45° to 60°
- Made of durable ABS plastic and rustproof polymer
- Sturdy base that allows easy placement
- Mimics rainfall effect
- May not spray farther in a larger yard area
- Sprinkler ends may pop up if water pressure is too high
Henry, The Hydrant Water Sprinkler, could make an ideal gift for your child to enjoy the summertime. It could be attachable to any garden hose to spray water up to ten feet high and 16 feet wide. It measures 10.8 x 7 x 7in and could be used by children over six years.
- The sprinkler can be set up easily
- Spins and sprays water everywhere
- Made of heavy-duty plastic and lasts longer
- Could be attachable to any standard garden hose
- Larger sprinkler
- Water may spill from the hose connection.
- Speed and pressure levels are not adjustable
glorden Circular Spot Sprinkler is made of aluminum metal where the water stream could go up to seven feet. It, therefore, makes an ideal choice for children to play on a hot summer day. Water could sprinkle up to 30 feet in height and 30 feet in width.
- Sturdy and durable sprinkler
- Ideal for small yards
- Compact design and portable
- Gentle water spray
- Simple and suitable for younger children
- May not be compatible with a heavy hose
- May not withstand high water pressure
Here is an ocean-themed sprinkler that is compatible with a standard garden hose. The fishes spray the water, making the kids excited for a whimsical water show. It includes three easy-to-connect adapters and measures 9.6 x 8.4 x 8.2in.
- Eight fishes that spin around the whale splashing water all around
- Quick and easy to set up
- Promotes good outdoor fun
- Made of durable and worry-free materials
- Ideal for kids from two to eight years
- Tube that passes from the hose may not hold enough pressure
- Water may leak at the hose connection
This Inflatable Shark Yard sprinkler from MeiGuisha brand is over six feet tall and makes a fun toy to play with on a summer day. It has to be fixed with a rope in front and behind so that it remains stable. This is a bigger size sprinkler that measures 15 x 11.9 x 4.5in
- Water pressure is adjustable
- Made of high-quality PVC material and durable
- Compact and easy-to-fold and store
- Replicates the experiences of standing under a waterfall
- Compatible with a standard garden hose
- Requires support to stand
- May not hold high water pressure
This is another themed water sprinkler that your child may love to play with. It sprays water up to 12 feet high and 16 feet wide, depending on the water pressure. Measuring around 10.8 x 6 x 6in, it is ideal for children over three years of age.
- Easy to setup
- Sprays water to a wide area
- Made of heavy-duty plastic
- Compatible with any garden hose
- Relatively a smaller number of spray outlets
How To Choose Right Sprinklers For Children?
Some features you may have to consider before purchasing a sprinkler for your children are as follows.
- Spray capacity: A sprinkler with several spouts is fun. It sprays water all over the yard, and children can enjoy it in groups.
- Design and color: Sprinklers that have a bright and charming color, along with a fun design, could make a difference. Children get attracted to such themes and enjoy playing with it.
- Varied water heights: Consider a sprinkler that has an adjustable height option. In that case, high pressure can be used for the older child and a small amount of water for a younger child.
- Material: Check if the material is of high-quality so that it lasts for a longer time. It should not be something made of materials that could be harmful to the child.
- Multi-directional: Get the sprinkler that oscillates or rotates rather than a stationary one. It adds more fun to the play.
Choose a kids’ sprinkler keeping in mind the size of your lawn and how many kids would be playing around it. Also, consider the features, compare products, and check for the ratings and reviews to make sure you are investing in the best sprinkler for your kids.