Playing in water is a favorite summer activity for children. But, if kids’ pools and tubs are not suitable options for you, our list of the best sprinklers for kids can help you out. They are specially designed for children and are easy to use and safe. These sprinklers come in different fun designs and bright colors that attract children.
Depending on the available space, you can install them in your lawn or backyard. A water sprinkler can promote outdoor play and keep your child occupied and away from electronic gadgets. So, scroll through our list of water sprayers or sprinklers with their pros and cons to make an informed decision.
11 Best Sprinkler For Kids
Fitting the garden theme, this Sunny Patch Blossom Bright Sprinkler from Melissa & Doug could be a good buy. It is a bright and flowery sprinkler that could be attached to a garden hose and sprays water in all directions. This could be recommended for children aged three to six years.
- Made of a durable rubber material
- Promotes active play, and waters the plants too
- 12 spouts that spray water evenly
- Adjustable water pressure to sprinkle water higher or lower
- Easy to set up with any garden hose
- May form puddles since the flowers are firm
- May need high water pressure
A significantly smaller version of real-life fire hydrants, this fun splasher could give your children immense joy. It could be connected to any garden hose and spray water up to a certain distance. This sprinkler measures 8.9 x 5.2 x 4.21in.
- Could splash water up to eight feet
- Easy to use
- Has a stable and durable base
- Spins and sprays water to cover the entire lawn
- Spins only with high pressure
- Color may fade when exposed to sunlight
This is another fun sprinkler for kids from Melissa & Doug. It is easy to set up, preferably in the outdoor area, and features around 12 splash projections that spray water finely. This is suitable for children aged from three to six years, and it measures 6 x 7.5 x 8in.
- Promotes outdoor play and improves coordination
- Easy to hook up and remove
- Sturdy and durable
- Fun design and brightly colored
- Made from soft plastic materials
- Flowers are stationary
- Low water pressure
Little Tikes Beach Ball sprinkler combines the action of a beach ball with water play. All you need to do is inflate and hook it up to a water hose for some splashing fun. It is recommended for kids aged from 18 months to four years. This could be used on a glass surface or also a trampoline and holds well on any surface.
- Sprinkles water in all directions
- Offers hours of summertime fun
- Durable and soft plastic material
- Easy to fix to any garden hose
- Could also be used like a beach ball
- May require high water pressure
- Could accumulate water inside and may be difficult to drain
If your child shows an interest in mythical creatures, then this could be one of the best water sprinklers for them. It is four feet tall and rightly hooks up to the hose. Inflate the sprinkler before use and connect it to a regular-sized garden hose to begin the fun.
- Adjustable by changing the pressure of the PVC tube
- Suitable for all ages over three months
- Made of high-quality thick material
- Ideal for backyard water play, pool party, unicorn-themed party
- May droop when full of water
- May not withstand the weight of the hose sometimes
The Buyplus Lawn sprinkler may also be used for agriculture, grass irritation, nursery, cooling, and greenhouse watering. It features three 360° adjustable rotating arms and 12 built-in nozzles that could spray up to 32.8 feet and cover around 3,600 square feet lawn.
- Covers large area, and sprays at a long distance
- Spraying angles are adjustable from 45° to 60°
- Made of durable ABS plastic and rustproof polymer
- Sturdy base that allows easy placement
- Mimics rainfall effect
- May not spray farther in a larger yard area
- Sprinkler ends may pop up if water pressure is too high
Henry, The Hydrant Water Sprinkler, could make an ideal gift for your child to enjoy the summertime. It could be attachable to any garden hose to spray water up to ten feet high and 16 feet wide. It measures 10.8 x 7 x 7in and could be used by children over six years.
- The sprinkler can be set up easily
- Spins and sprays water everywhere
- Made of heavy-duty plastic and lasts longer
- Could be attachable to any standard garden hose
- Larger sprinkler
- Water may spill from the hose connection.
- Speed and pressure levels are not adjustable
glorden Circular Spot Sprinkler is made of aluminum metal where the water stream could go up to seven feet. It, therefore, makes an ideal choice for children to play on a hot summer day. Water could sprinkle up to 30 feet in height and 30 feet in width.
- Sturdy and durable sprinkler
- Ideal for small yards
- Compact design and portable
- Gentle water spray
- Simple and suitable for younger children
- May not be compatible with a heavy hose
- May not withstand high water pressure
Here is an ocean-themed sprinkler that is compatible with a standard garden hose. The fishes spray the water, making the kids excited for a whimsical water show. It includes three easy-to-connect adapters and measures 9.6 x 8.4 x 8.2in.
- Eight fishes that spin around the whale splashing water all around
- Quick and easy to set up
- Promotes good outdoor fun
- Made of durable and worry-free materials
- Ideal for kids from two to eight years
- Tube that passes from the hose may not hold enough pressure
- Water may leak at the hose connection
This Inflatable Shark Yard sprinkler from MeiGuisha brand is over six feet tall and makes a fun toy to play with on a summer day. It has to be fixed with a rope in front and behind so that it remains stable. This is a bigger size sprinkler that measures 15 x 11.9 x 4.5in
- Water pressure is adjustable
- Made of high-quality PVC material and durable
- Compact and easy-to-fold and store
- Replicates the experiences of standing under a waterfall
- Compatible with a standard garden hose
- Requires support to stand
- May not hold high water pressure
This is another themed water sprinkler that your child may love to play with. It sprays water up to 12 feet high and 16 feet wide, depending on the water pressure. Measuring around 10.8 x 6 x 6in, it is ideal for children over three years of age.
- Easy to setup
- Sprays water to a wide area
- Made of heavy-duty plastic
- Compatible with any garden hose
- Relatively a smaller number of spray outlets
How To Choose Right Sprinklers For Children?
Some features you may have to consider before purchasing a sprinkler for your children are as follows.
- Spray capacity: A sprinkler with several spouts is fun. It sprays water all over the yard, and children can enjoy it in groups.
- Design and color: Sprinklers that have a bright and charming color, along with a fun design, could make a difference. Children get attracted to such themes and enjoy playing with it.
- Varied water heights: Consider a sprinkler that has an adjustable height option. In that case, high pressure can be used for the older child and a small amount of water for a younger child.
- Material: Check if the material is of high-quality so that it lasts for a longer time. It should not be something made of materials that could be harmful to the child.
- Multi-directional: Get the sprinkler that oscillates or rotates rather than a stationary one. It adds more fun to the play.
Why Trust MomJunction?
We bring you this list of the best sprinklers for kids that can be installed on the lawn or backyard. We have chosen each product after considering the durability of the material, adjustable water pressure, and ease of use. Moreover, we have also mentioned the pros and cons of each sprinkler and included a buying guide to help you make an informed choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I also use a kid sprinkler for garden watering?
Yes, you may use a kid sprinkler for watering your garden if you have a small garden area. However, they are not an ideal choice for water gardening due to their limited coverage.
2. How are kids’ sprinklers different from regular lawn sprinklers?
Kids sprinklers are made for entertainment purposes to promote active outdoor play. They can also encourage your child to water the plants. Whereas, lawn sprinklers are ideal for regular use and have large motors to facilitate sprinkling in different directions at different pressures.
3. Can high water pressure break a kid sprinkler?
While kids’ sprinklers might not break with high pressure, they might topple or leak when connected to a hose with very high pressure. It is better to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for optimum use of these sprinklers.
4. How do I get water for my water sprinkler for kids?
It is easy to install sprinklers for kids. All you need to do is to connect the sprinkler to the garden hose and turn it on.
5. What is the ideal location for using a water sprinkler for kids?
Water sprinklers for kids should be used in an outdoor setting that has a non-slip surface to keep your children safe while they run around.
6. Can I adjust the spray of my water sprinkler for kids?
Some kids’ sprinklers have the feature that allows you to adjust the spray height and distance. However, this may not be the case with all the sprinklers.
The best sprinklers for kids can help your children have the time of their lives, thanks to the incredible fun experience they can offer. You can beat the summer heat and spend time outdoors away from your gadgets, preferably on your lawn or backyard. To pick a sprinkler suited to your preferences, you can consider durability, the material used, the minimum age criterion, and the ease of installation. Understanding the spray capacity, the direction of the spray, and the water heights will help you pick a sprinkler that suits your space. Also, since they come in different shapes and sizes, you can pick one based on your taste and your child’s preferences.