A standing desk is a workstation that allows you to work while standing. You can place it over your regular desk or just extend the desk and work standing when you feel like stretching your limbs.
Standing desks have been around for a while. In this post, MomJunction lists some of the best standing desks available online. Whether you are working from home or office, grab one of these desks and create your own comfy workspace.
11 Best Standing Desk
If you are accustomed to a spacious work desk, then here is one that you can meet your requirements and enable you to work even when standing. It is easy to assemble, and you can adjust the height with just a handle.
- Adjustable height up to 12 different levels
- Smooth up-down motion with dual gas springs
- Deep desktop surface offers space for more than just a computer
- Spacious tray easily accommodates a keyboard and a mouse
- Available in various sizes and colors
- May seem inconvenient to work with it when sitting
- May get shaky when used at its highest level
Looking for a huge stand-up desk to safely accommodate two desktops? Have a look at this large desk converter. The steel riser can easily hold two computer screens, a keyboard, and a mouse.
- Dual gas spring force provision enables easy adjustment of height
- Keyboard tray rises along with the desktop tray
- Can lift weights of up to 33lb
- Comes with a three-year warranty
- Brackets to hold the keyboard tray may not be very sturdy
- Keyboard tray may not be easy to use when sitting
A gentle squeeze of the handle is all it requires to adjust the height of this desk. Equipped with a gas spring hovering system, this desk converter can be adjusted easily, even with a lot of heavy items placed on it.
- Top shelf is wide enough to hold two computer screens
- Lower deck easily holds a keyboard and a mouse
- Made of metal and wood, the desk is sturdy and durable
- Desk stays in place to enable smooth working
- Comes with a 10-year warranty
- Brackets holding the keyboard tray may not be very durable
- Frame may not be very stable
With a 32-in wide first level, this standing desk can easily accommodate two computer screens. The second level holding the keyboard and a mouse comes with a retractable feature so you can maintain a safe distance from the screen and protect your eyes against blue light.
- Sturdy build can easily take up to 50lb
- Does not require assembling
- Dual-squeeze handles make adjusting the height easy and smooth
- Comes with non-skid and scratch-proof feet
- Height of the sliding keyboard tray can be adjusted as per your comfort when sitting or standing
- Adjusting the height can be a tad troublesome
- Keyboard tray may not be very spacious
Made of heavy-duty steel, this stand up desk is sturdy and can hold two computer monitors. Its pneumatic height adjustment system allows you to use the desk at your desired height. It rises to 19.1in.
- Designed in line with BIFMA standards
- Can hold up to 33lb of weight
- Comes with a three-year warranty
- Includes a smartphone or tablet display slot
- Keyboard tray may not be adjustable
- Frame may not be very sturdy
Now, this stand-up desk comes with an electric motor that raises and lowers the desk at the simple push of a button. Its upper shelf is wide enough to hold two computer screens, while its retractable lower tray can comfortably hold a keyboard and a mouse.
- Holds a static load capacity of 90lb
- Remains stable even on the highest level
- Ready-to-use model comes fully assembled
- In-built USB port allows easy power charging of other devices
- Keyboard tray may not lock in place
- Could take up a lot of space
You do not have to worry about desk transition with this standing desk converter. It comes with a gas spring lift that rises and lowers smoothly and effortlessly. Its unique beveled edge design ensures working becomes comfortable for you.
- Curved tabletop suits the needs of those with a big belly
- Premium quality melamine surface is resistant to dents, scratches, and stains
- Steel base with surface protectors keep the frame stable and skid-proof
- Features an iPad/smartphone slot
- Removable keyboard tray
- Assembling it can be challenging
This desk converter offers enough space for your computer monitor and other accessories. Its gas spring arm makes the transition smooth, quick, and easy. It even has provisions to hold your cup and other important stuff that you would need while working.
- Comes with a cup holder
- Embedded groove holds smartphones in place
- Rounded corners ensure safe use
- Anti-slip pads keep the table safe from scratches
- Can get stuck when raised to the highest level
This adjustable standing desk rises to 16.1in, so you do not have to be seated all day long. Just press the lever and raise the desk as per your desired height.
- Simple design makes it easy to use and store
- Comes fully assembled
- Large workspaces can hold a monitor and keyboard
- Smooth, rounded edges enable safe use
- Legs come with a non-slip scratchpad
- Bringing the table down to its normal height may not be smooth
- May tend to get stuck at one height
Use it when sitting or to work while standing. The height of the desk converter can be easily adjusted as per your convenience. Its 24-inch wide desktop surface supports all kinds of laptops and computer screens. It comes with gas spring arms and monitor mount that makes adjusting the height easy and simple.
- Wide base offers better stability
- Adjustable tilt ensures the monitor is placed at a safe viewing angle
- Large surface area gives a lot of working space
- Comes with a gel wrist pad that helps keep carpal tunnel syndrome at bay
- Cable clips help hide and arrange cords safely
- Frame may not be very stable
- Assembling the desk can be difficult
Looking for a portable desk that can be used anywhere? Here is a mobile workstation that you can use in any corner of your house. It comes with a rolling cart with four trays that can hold your monitor, keyboard, printer, and CPU.
- Cart can hold weight up to 132lb
- Height of the frame is adjustable
- Wheels are lockable for stable work
- Assembling the set-up can be difficult
Tips To Choose The Right Standing Desk
This may or may not be your first time buying a standing desk. But the following tips can ensure that you buy what is best suited to your needs.
- Always look for a standing desk with adjustable height.
- Standing desks usually come with electric, pneumatic, or crank adjustment systems. Look for the mechanism you will be most comfortable using so that adjusting the height becomes smooth and easy.
- Ensure that the standing desk you buy easily sits on your actual desk at home.
- The desk should be comfortable to use while standing as well as sitting.
- If the desk is to be used by several people, then ensure that it is adjustable to every person’s preferred height.
- If you work with dual monitors, look for a standing desk with a wide surface that can easily hold two computer screens.
- When working with lots of computer accessories, look for a frame that can easily hold all the weight you plan to load on it.
- Look for a standing desk that comes with a sturdy base and built, so it does not shake when being used at its maximum height.
- Check that the desk comes with a wide keyboard tray that can also hold the mouse comfortably.
- Lastly, look for a standing desk that fulfills most of your criteria and is also within your budget.
Standing desks do not come cheap. But they can be good investments in terms of your health and can help break the sedentary lifestyle that we are stuck in. We hope this list and tips help you find the right standing desk.