As the baby crosses the six-month mark, they may show signs of trying to pull themselves up. Those wobbly little legs will slowly get stronger as they stand, and soon they will start walking. Stand-up toys are sturdy and appealing that help the child stand with support. They have accessories that entertain the child, encouraging them to stand a little longer. These toys help strengthen the leg muscles, enabling them to walk fast.
Here is our list of the best standing toys for babies that can give your little one the support they need.
Benefits Of Standing Toys For Babies
Here are some benefits of using standing toys.
- Strengthen muscles: Standing toys strengthen the baby’s leg and core muscles and facilitates earlier walking. Some standing toys convert to walkers that help the child take their first steps. They strengthen shoulder, chest, and arm muscles as the child reaches out to grab toys or pushes the cart.
- Keep occupied: These toys have many features and accessories. Some are educational and introduce the child to colors, sounds, objects, and beings of the world. They can keep the child interested and occupied.
- Encourage independence: Although some vigilance is required, your child can stand and play on their own for a while. The objects and actions keep them busy while they explore.
- Overall development: They help develop the child’s gross and fine motor skills, cognitive skills, recognition, reasoning, hand-eye coordination, and overall physical growth and development.
Top Products From Our List
11 Best Standing Toys For Babies
The interactive play center from Skip Hop is a three-stage activity toy for babies. Ideal for babies over four months, the grow-with-me feature converts this center into a strong table for drawing, coloring, and craft. The multi-functional tool is designed to support the baby’s body while playing. Its rotating seat can stretch for bouncing. The center includes three stages of use; sit-swivel-bounce and play, cruise and interact, and a play table.
- 360° rotating seat
- Discovery window to see their feet
- Sturdy polyester material
- Toy-attachment clips
- 25+ developmental activities
As your child takes their first steps, the walker gives them balance and stability. This shark-shaped preschool toy allows the baby to hold and walk. It includes five songs and four broad wheels for optimal support. The toy helps develop your child’s sensory and gross motor skills.
- Volume control
- Bright lights and fun colors
- Easy to grip
Suitable for children over six months, this toy includes more than 60 songs and activities in four languages. It includes a hippo that opens and closes its mouth with funny sounds, a book that moves from play mode to learning mode, an elephant toy that, spins and six balls to roll down the ramp.
- Includes lights
- Volume control
- Includes a toucan piano
The three-in-one walker from LeapFrog introduces the child to melodies, sound effects, shapes, letters, numbers, and colors. It transforms from a baby gym to a light-up activity panel and walker as the child grows.
- Three activity modes
- Color-changing dome
- Includes piano keys and bead spinner
- Includes speed control
Bright Starts push toy includes four play modes that grow with your child; a removable cook-top, an activity table, a push walker, and a shopping cart. Its popping popcorn sounds, sizzling cooking sounds, and egg roller attract the child’s attention. The toy includes shapes for sorting.
- Wide legs
- Light-up button
- Easy to clean
The four-in-one activity center includes a discovery table, removable floor toys, a walk-around discovery center, and an art table. Attached with a three-position height adjustable seat, it travels 360° around the table and supports the baby’s walking. It encourages cognitive skills, visual, auditory, and tactile discoveries, and offers sensory and physical experiences to the child.
- 15 nature-themed toys
- Easy to clean
- Hassle-free assembly
- Machine-washable seat cover
Kiddery activity toy is a wooden learning walker with multiple activities. It is designed with high-quality craftsmanship. The toy has rubber edges on the wheels that protect the floor. It includes shape sorting, beads, pound drum, xylophone, and other activities. A sturdy frame makes this toy durable, safe, and long-lasting.
- Helps develop motor skills
- Stimulates creativity
- Gender-neutral colors
- Non-toxic paint
The push walker features three wooden buggy beads for children to spin and slide. It is 15.5-inch-tall and ideal for children above 12 months. The cart moves forward and backward, and the handle easily fits small hands.
- Non-skid wheels
- Easy to operate
- Helps develop multiple skills
- Easy to assemble
Ideal for 18 months and above, this sensory toy includes 11 activities and five panels that feature mazes, interlocking cogs, instruments, rotational pieces, etc. It enhances the nursery decor and can be mounted at a convenient height. This crocodile-shaped toy saves floor space while building many physical and mental skills.
- Easy to assemble
- Includes attachment screws
- Six feet two inches long
Cossy premium Dutch wood walker is ideal for one-year-old babies and above. It is a rolling pushcart with 34 colorful wooden blocks and has rubber-trimmed wheels that make less noise and protect the floor. It is durable and helps the child learn to walk.
- Cartoon fox-shaped cart
- Water-based paint
Unih sand toy set includes a water table, molds, and sand. It has 20 accessories, including vehicle models, spinners, buckets, rake, and shovels. The set is easy to assemble, and the legs can be taken out to carry water or sand. It is ideal for a beach day, indoor play, or in the backyard.
- Easy to clean
- Reusable sand
How To Choose The Right Standing Toys For Babies?
Here are some points to consider while buying standing toys for babies.
- Age: Choose age-appropriate toys to help your child learn to walk and stand. The standing toy should be skid-proof and sturdy to avoid slips and falls.
- Convertible: Pick standing toys that can double up as walkers, activity centers and be used to push or sit in. Some standing toys grow with the child converting from a walking toy to a floor toy or a tabletop. It will help you maximize its value and longevity.
- Safety and construction: Pick a toy that will not slip or cause scratches on the floor. It should be constructed from non-toxic, child-friendly material, and the accessories should not cause safety/choking hazards.
- Size: Choose height-adjustable toys that will fit your child’s requirements and comfort.
- Battery-operated or manual: Manual toys are always better, but if you pick a battery-operated standing toy, make sure the battery cover is secured at all times. Keep the battery charged for the child to be able to play any time.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I teach my baby to stand?
Your baby will learn to walk naturally, but you can facilitate the process with standing toys, walkers, and spaces that they can hold and stand up. A pull-up bar can also help them stand.
- Do I have to be near my baby when she practices standing up?
Babies are not stable at this stage, and they are still learning to stand or walk. They will fall often and be prone to accidents. It is recommended for an adult to supervise when the child practices standing up.
As you watch your baby pulling themselves upon the crib’s side, you know they will start standing and walking soon. A standing toy is a great option for the child to stand with support while being entertained with multiple features. We hope our list of the best standing toys for babies will help you find a safe toy.