Ironing is a quick and efficient way to remove wrinkles from clothes and maintain quality. Steam iron uses the combination of steam and heat to smooth out creases and make your clothes crisp. A good quality steam iron with nonstick soleplate, an anti-drip feature, and a high-watt feature can be a good investment.
Keep reading this post for a list of the best steam irons and their pros and cons. Compare them based on the buying guide and choose one that best suits your preferences.
13 Best Steam Irons
If you are a frequent traveler, this mini steam iron from the brand Steamfast can be your perfect companion. The highly-quality iron can easily slip into your suitcase and save you from cloth-wrinkle woes. It heats a 1.4oz water tank in 15 seconds and has the dual voltage, making it usable in 100- and 240-volt outlets. You can find the steam iron in three temperature settings, which makes it ideal for quick touch-ups.
- Rapid heating technology
- Non-slip soleplate and anti-slip handle
- Compact and sleek design
- Travel bag and measuring cup included
- May generate too little steam
The Sunbeam Steammaster is a high-quality steam iron with an eight-foot long retractable cord, making it super convenient and easy to store. It has a three-way motion smart auto-off feature for safe and stress-free ironing and steaming experience. This iron has a self-clean system to keep it free of mineral deposits and ensure optimal performance. It has a dual spray mist, a shot of steam, and vertical steam options, making it ideal for ironing different clothes.
- Anti-drip and steam control
- Retractable cord
- Auto-off and vertical shot steam
- Has stainless steel soleplate
- Could be bulky for some
The high-end steam iron with digital display brings German innovation to your home. The powerful iron can remove wrinkles from clothes, beddings, blankets, and curtains. It has a multi-layer design to produce hot steam without making the soleplate hot. The LED indicators provide an idea about the fabric type to select the temperature. It also has a smart steam motion sensor to turn off the steam when you stop moving the iron.
- One-touch control with LED lights
- Stainless steel soleplate
- 400 steam holes
- Transparent water tank
- Anti-calcium self-cleaning system
- Three-way automatic shut-off
- Water could get too hot
Faster than most traditional irons, the Maytag steam iron reaches maximum temperature in less than a minute. It has an anti-wrinkle spray to remove wrinkles faster and a stainless steel soleplate for smooth and effortless ironing. The iron provides better performance on less power.
- Vertical steaming
- Precision thermostat
- Even steam distribution
- Ergonomic soft-touch grip
- Speed heat technology
- May not be easy to read water level
The powerful steam weighs only 3.2lb, which makes it super easy to handle. It has an 8.5-inch soleplate with micro holes, a button-fit tip with smooth-glide maneuverability, and a 260ml water tank for steaming. The iron is available in two colors and four sizes and has a tiny easy-fill door to put in water.
- Lightweight and durable
- Automatic shut-off and anti-drip
- Compact and ergonomic handle
- Suitable for garments, upholstery, and drapes
- Has a power cord
- Could be noisy
The T-fal steam iron is scratch-resistant and nonstick, ensuring durability. It has an extra-long cord for a smooth ironing experience and prevents the re-wrinkling of already-ironed fabrics. The iron works on dual self-cleaning technology with a calc-recollecting valve and integrated anti-scale and anti-drip systems and can produce up to 35g steam.
- Nonstick scratch-resistant soleplate
- 12ft-long cord
- Extra-large water inlet
- Three-way auto-shutoff feature
- Produces plenty of steam
- Easy to maneuver
- May tip over easily
The high-performance powered steam iron has a titanium-infused ceramic soleplate, which is scratch-resistant and easy to clean. It resists buildup and has a fabric guide to set the right temperature. The steam iron can shut off in 60 seconds when it tips over and 30 minutes while standing and is not in use. You can find it in five styles.
- Three-way auto shut off
- Precise control
- CHI flat-iron technology
- 10ft-long cord and modern styling
- Sleek handle with comfort grip
- May not be easy to fill water
- Ceramic coating may wear off
The advanced steam iron has six different temperature settings, a spray mist, and a three-way auto-shutoff feature. It is equipped with a nonstick soleplate and works on SmartSteam technology, optimizing the steam output based on your chosen fabric setting. The steam iron lets hassle-free and convenient ironing in less time.
- Spring-loaded retractable cord
- Vertical steaming
- Compact and sleek design
- Different temperature settings
- May take longer to heat up
The dry and steam iron from Panasonic has a curved, smooth, and large nonstick ceramic soleplate to minimize snags. It has adjustable steam and dry settings, including high for heavier and everyday fabrics, low for delicate fabrics, and dry for ironing without steam. All you need to do is push it forward, sideways, or backward to iron your garments.
- Multidirectional and sleek design
- Five-setting temperature control dial
- Built-in anti-calcium cleaning steam
- No water leakage
- Auto shut-off (60 seconds to ten minutes)
- May take time to heat up
The hybrid and versatile steam iron from Sunbeam enables you to remove wrinkles without any hassle. It is lightweight and compact for easy storage and also has a vertical steam function. The stainless steel soleplate makes it a sturdy and durable option that smoothly glides over your garments and gives a crisp feel.
- Leak-free and self-clean system
- 10ft-long cord
- Automatic shut-off
- Spray mist for heavy wrinkles
- Adjustable steam levels
- May not be durable
The Rowenta Steamcare iron has no temperature dial and is designed to iron all fabrics at an optimal heat. It has an internal multi-layer design to produce super-hot steam without making the soleplate hotter. The iron with fine-mist-spray can remove extra-stubborn wrinkles, and its precision tip is ideal for hard-to-reach areas.
- Safe on all fabrics
- Easy-to-fill water tank
- Vertical steaming
- Three-way auto-off
- Micro steam stainless-steel soleplate
- May not be suitable for fabrics requiring high-temperature
The Black & Decker is an all-temperature iron equipped with a digital control panel that is easy to use. It has an inox stainless steel soleplate, spray-mist and steam-surge buttons, a vertical steam option, and an anti-drip system feature. The iron has an auto-shutoff option and is stress-free to use.
- Super easy controls
- Steam on demand
- Comfort-grip handle and 360° pivoting cord
- All-temperature steaming
- May leak
The Ovo palm-sized iron is lightweight and easy to use, providing continuous steam to make your clothes smooth and nice. The portable iron with a garment steamer and comfortable grip is practical and sized 4 to 5in. It is powerful, has a light indicator, and is suitable to press a variety of garments.
- Portable, compact, and convenient Produces impressive steam
- No spitting and leaking
- Easy-fill water reservoir
- Easy to use and heats up quickly
- Comes in a storage bag
- May get too hot
- Cord may not be long enough
How To Choose The Right Steam Iron?
Here’s a list to help you choose the right type of steam iron.
- Steam output: Consider a steam iron that produces a sufficient amount of steam. While some models produce more than 200g of steam per minute, a few may generate merely 35g per minute. You should ideally opt for models that can offer continuous steam. You can even consider vertical steaming to remove wrinkles from hanging clothes.
- Self-cleaning: Several models available in the market work with tap water. Those interested in chemistry know that tap water is hard and can eventually scale on the steam vents. Some irons with self-cleaning facilities work on the anti-calcium mechanism and are capable of trapping scale-forming minerals. Such irons are easy to clean and are long-lasting.
- Auto-off feature: Several irons offer a three-way shut-off feature. This function facilitates turning off the iron in a few seconds when it is positioned horizontally or vertically.
- Water tank: The water tank’s capacity in an iron determines the amount of heat it can produce. If you have a small water tank, it needs to be refilled frequently. A bigger one, on the other hand, offers continuous steam but could be a bit heavy.
- Soleplate: It is the part that comes in contact with the fabric, so you need to find a soleplate that can glide across garments easily without scorching it. The most common type of soleplate is stainless steel, which is preferred for smooth ironing experience.
Ceramic-coated soleplates are even easier to skim across the clothing but can chip off quite easily. The titanium ones offer excellent distribution of heat.
A powerful iron is all you need to get your clothes crisp and wrinkle-free. We hope you find our list of best irons, the buying guide, and the benefits of using a steam iron help you make an informed choice. Do check the features of all the steam irons and select the one that fits your requirements.