If you want to maximize your storage space without much cluttering, you can check out our list of the best storage bins for clothes to choose the right one. Storage boxes have a versatile design, allowing you to place them in a closet or leave it out for display. They are available in various shapes, sizes, and styles so that you can pick one based on your needs. These bins are portable and compact due to their foldable design. Some are also transparent, making it easier to find things. So, check out our list to pick the storage bin that suits your needs.
11 Best Storage Bins For Clothes
1. Best For Clothes And Toys: Amazon Basics Storage Cubes Organizer
Amazon Basics offers a collapsible six-piece organizer box made from breathable fabric. These multipurpose fabric storage bins are perfect to stack clothes, tidy up toys, or store documents and papers in the office. Each box is stitched with a fabric handle, making them easy to carry. The organizer measures 10.5×10.5×11 inches. Its lightweight and durable fabric is easy to fold, and the compact design helps maximize storage. Available in multiple colors, you can pick them to suit the decor of your space. Watch this video to know more about the product.
- Made of sturdy fabric
- Ideal for campers
- Some may find the size small
- May not have a cover
2. Best Easy-To-Maintain: Decomomo Foldable Storage Bin
Decomomo storage bin is a versatile home decor organizer with brown faux leather handles. The bins are made from cationic solid fabric and polyester lining. While the bottom is supported by a 0.09-inch MDF fiberboard, the upper portion is supported by a metal frame, making the bin durable and sturdy. Available in sets of three, each cube measures 15x11x9.5 inches. The EVA lining is easy to maintain and clean using a soft cloth. You can use the bin as a decorative item.
- Minimalist design
- Can be easily folded when not in use
- Fits well with a variety of storage compartments
- Large size allows for storage of various items
- May have a peculiar smell
- May collapse at the back sometimes
3. Best Large Capacity: Hiyagon Storage Basket
The large storage capacity and polyethylene waterproof lining make it perfect for laundry, storing toys, and clothes. The basket folds flat to increase storage space and easily assembles when opened. Hiyagon storage basket is made from 100% heavy canvas material, and its round bottom design makes it sturdy and stable. This multi-storage basket measures 15.7×15.7×19.7 inches. The chic design also includes strong leather handles that make the basket easy to carry.
- Neutral colors works great for any room
- Provides good storage solution for any room
- Available in various patterns
- Strong enough to hold two week’s laundry
- Fabric may not be thick enough
- May collapse at times
4. Best With Handles: StorageWorks Closet Storage Bins
The pack has three trapezoid-shaped storage baskets for easy access to items and convenient storage. Each box measures 19.7x11x7.9 inches and is made from bamboo-style polyester canvas and supported with heavy-duty cardboard. The bin includes three sewn-in cotton rope handles that make it easy to move and pull out. The open-front design can be used to store plenty of items.
- Fits storage space easily
- Shallow enough to allow one to go through things easily
- Easy to unfold
- May have a strange smell
- Tapered ends may have finishing issues
5. Best With Removable Divider: Senbowe Storage Cube Bin
Senbowe offers four storage cubes measuring 16.5×11.8×9.8 inches each, which allow you to store items, including linen, toys, and laundry. Made from high-quality linen and polyester, each box includes a removable center divider to create two compartments for convenient organization. The sides of the boxes are provided with Velcro lids for single compartment storage. It could be a perfect pick for your home and office with the easy-to-dismantle and assemble feature. This video will give you more insights into the product.
- Attractive colors
- Good storage capacity
- Easy to assemble
- Durable handles for easy portability
- Top may bend easily
- May topple over at times
6. Best Zippered: Budding Joy Storage Bins
The 90l organizer’s large capacity is spacious enough to store blankets and king size comforters. Budding joy storage bags include a pack of six foldable containers, each measuring 23x16x13 inches. It is constructed from three-layer non-woven fabric that is waterproof and airtight, keeping the clothes dry and helps prevent moisture from building up. Stitched with two-layer thick fabric handles and reinforced seams, these bags can bear large loads and are durable.
- Soft material
- Two-way zippers for easy access
- Transparent window for easy viewing
- See-through window may not have zippers
- May not retain the shape
7. Best Shelf-Style: Kousi Portable Storage Cubes
Suitable as a storage shelf for household items and clothes, this multi-use 12-cube organizer is easy to install, waterproof, and does not collect dust. The sturdy steel panel at the bottom can support more than a 30lb load. Kousi portable storage cube set measures 43x14x57 inches, with each cube measuring 14x14x14 inches. The cubes are transparent, allowing easy access to clothes, and are provided with a door in the front.
- Zip ties and clips are included in the package
- Stylish design
- Sufficient space
- May not be suitable for rough use
- May not be able to put equal weight on all levels
8. Best Lightweight: Homyfort Cloth Cube Storage Bins
Aesthetically designed with a lantern pattern, these cubical boxes come in a set of four. These lightweight boxes feature sturdy handles on two sides for the convenience of holding. They are constructed from non-woven fabric, and the thick cardboard keeps them in shape. The open bins are ideal for decluttering your space and keeping your clothes organized. Each bin is equipped with a tag on the front to allow you to label your bins for easy access. The box measures 13x13x13 inches and is spacious enough to stack any clothing.
- Easy to carry
- Breathable material helps protect things from dust and dampness
- Handles may not be sturdy enough
- Some wish that it was available in more colors
9. Best Space-Saving: Max Houser Fabric Cloth Storage Bins
Max Houser storage boxes are collapsible to save space and are convenient to store. The eco-friendly fabric is non-woven, soft, and allows air to flow to and fro, keeping the items moisture-free. You can easily pull out the cubes with the help of sturdy handles. They come in a set of six, and each cube measures 14.8×12.3×8.5 inches. The durable box has a large capacity to store different varieties of clothes and comes with a label holder to classify different clothes sections.
- Recyclable material
- Available in several colors
- Minimalist design
- Easy to set up
- May not retain shape
- Lids may bend
10. Best For Home Decor: OrganiHaus Storage Baskets
Designed with a vintage and modern touch, OrganiHaus storage baskets are made from 100% handwoven organic cotton, durable and fray-resistant. These coiled rope bins measure 15x10x9 inches and provide plenty of space to organize your dresser. These baskets feature hidden handles on each side that are functional and make these bins easy to carry. These versatile baskets do not include any harmful chemicals and are eco-friendly, hence safe for children and pets.
- Available in various classy colors
- Easy to access
- Retains shape
- No rigid edges or corners to cause injury to toddlers
- May have a strange smell
- Some may find it small
11. Best Stackable: FHSQX Clear Window Storage Bins
FHSQX offers a pack of two stackable storage bins made of natural linen fabric, which could be a perfect addition to your organizers. The bins feature two clear windows on top and in the front, making the items accessible in two ways. It has a large capacity of 36l and measures 15.7×11.8×11.8 inches. The durable bins are provided with metal wireframes that support the shape and reinforced handles for an easy pullout. They can be folded and conveniently stored to maximize storage.
- Easy to set up
- Reinforced handles for easy carrying and pullout
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Comes with an interior thick wire frame that can be pressed into position
- Zippers may be flimsy
- May collapse easily
How To Choose The Right Storage Bin For Clothes?
Here are a few points to consider before you pick a storage bin for clothes.
- Purpose: If you want to pack your winter or summer clothes for next season, pick an airtight box. If the purpose is stacking clothes in the cupboard, you may prefer an open box.
- Type: Depending on your choice, you can pick any type such as cane, plastic, fabric-based, or with or without lid.
- Style: If your clothes’ storage box is kept open, consider the type and material that looks stylish and helps solve your purpose.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Wedetso Chirhah is an experienced and versatile product writer who focuses on household goods and electronics. He has conducted in-depth research on numerous websites to develop this list of the best storage bins for clothes. He has prioritized factors such as material, storage size, and ease of use to bring the best products for you. He has also offered suggestions on how to choose the right product based on your requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I store clothes in plastic bins?
Plastic bins are an amazing option for storing clothes. They are durable, easy to clean, and generally prevent creasing in your clothes.
• To make your storage bins look nice,
• clean them frequently.
• do not overfill them.
• spray paint your plastic bins.
• organize your clothes neatly.
3. What should I put in fabric storage bins?
You can put clothes, toys, accessories, books, and more in your fabric storage box.
4. Can I store photos in a plastic bin?
Yes, you may. However, do not store them in it without a photo album because the plastic material might react with the photos in the long run.
5. Can I store books in plastic containers?
6. Plastic containers with a lid are an ideal choice for storing books, as they prevent moisture.
7. Do clothes get moldy in storage bins?
Clean, dry clothes will not get moldy in storage bins. Make sure to always place the clothes in a clean, dry container.
8. How do I keep my clothes fresh in storage bins?
You can place dryer sheets inside your storage bins to keep your clothes fresh for a long time.
Storage bins are ideal for keeping your space clutter-free and organized. They help you keep your closet clean and also help save space. While regular storage bins do the job when you want to store clothes that you use every day, storing clothes in an airtight storage bin for the next season helps prevent dust accumulation. Available in many colors, patterns, and sizes, you can choose a storage bin that complements the look of your wardrobe.