If you want to maximize your storage space without much cluttering, you can check out our list of the best storage bins for clothes to choose the right one. Storage boxes have a versatile design, allowing you to place them in a closet or leave it out for display. They are available in various shapes, sizes, and styles so that you can pick one based on your needs.
Gina Hartranft, a home organizer and founder of Orgnze, says, “Storage bins are great options for a neat and organized closet. They allow you to sort things seasonally and protect your clothing from dust while keeping them neatly folded.”
These bins are portable and compact due to their foldable design. Some are also transparent, making it easier to find things. So, check out our list to pick the storage bin that suits your needs.
11 Best Storage Bins For Clothes
1. Best For Clothes And Toys: Amazon Basics Storage Cubes Organizer
Amazon Basics offers a collapsible six-piece organizer box made from breathable fabric. These multipurpose fabric storage bins are perfect to stack clothes, tidy up toys, or store documents and papers in the office. Each box is stitched with a fabric handle, making them easy to carry. The organizer measures 10.5×10.5×11 inches and makes an efficient clothing storage solution. Its lightweight and durable fabric is easy to fold, and the compact design helps maximize storage. Available in multiple colors, you can pick them to suit the decor of your space. Watch this review video to learn more about the collapsible fabric storage bins.
- Made of sturdy fabric
- Ideal for campers
- Some may find the size small
- May not have a cover
2. Best Easy-To-Maintain: Decomomo Foldable Storage Bin
Decomomo storage bin is a versatile home decor organizer with brown faux leather handles. The foldable storage cubes for clothes are made of cationic solid fabric and polyester lining to ace the test of durability. While the bottom is supported by a 0.09-inch MDF fiberboard, the upper portion is supported by a metal frame, making the bin durable and sturdy. Available in sets of three, each cube measures 15x11x9.5 inches. The EVA lining is easy to maintain and clean using a soft cloth. You can also use this portable wardrobe organizer as a decorative item.
- Minimalist design
- Can be easily folded when not in use
- Fits well with a variety of storage compartments
- Large size allows for storage of various large items
- Easy to install
- May have a peculiar smell
- May collapse at the back sometimes
3. Best Large Capacity: Hiyagon Storage Basket
The large storage capacity and polyethylene waterproof lining make it perfect for laundry, storing toys, and clothes. The basket folds flat to increase storage space and easily assembles when opened. Hiyagon storage basket is made from 100% heavy canvas material, and its round bottom design makes it sturdy and stable. This tried-and-tested multi-storage basket measures 15.7×15.7×19.7 inches. The chic design also includes strong leather handles that make the clothing storage basket easy to carry.
- Neutral colors work great for any room
- Provides good storage solution for any room
- Available in various patterns
- Strong enough to hold two week’s laundry
- Fabric may not be thick enough
- May collapse at times
4. Best With Handles: StorageWorks Closet Storage Bins
The pack has three trapezoid-shaped storage baskets for easy access to clothes and items and ensures convenient storage. Each box measures 19.7x11x7.9 inches and is made from bamboo-style polyester canvas and supported with heavy-duty cardboard. The expert-approved bin includes three sewn-in round handles made of cotton that make it easy to move and pull out. The open-front design can be used to store plenty of items.
- Fits storage space easily
- Shallow enough to allow one to go through things easily
- Easy to unfold
- May have a strange smell
- Tapered ends may have finishing issues
The set of four heavy-duty plastic storage bins by Iris USA features a sturdy plastic body with a lid and buckle closure that prevents moisture damage and keeps insects and dust at bay. Its heavy-duty construction ensures easy portability, long-lasting use, and enables you to store heavy items. With a red and black color combo and a capacity of 27 gallons, these stackable clothing storage bins are suitable for keeping clothes, books, toys, tools, documents, food, and other valuables organized. Moreover, they look elegant and can complement the decor of your room.
- Clothing storage bins with lids for added safety
- Handles for superior grip
- Stackable design
- Airtight container
- Lids may be thinner than expected
- Plastic may be a bit brittle
The Lifewit cloth storage bags come in a set of three and feature an extra-large size to accommodate your clothing essentials in one place. These bags are made of three-ply thick fabric for a sturdy structure and have zippered closure enabling easy use. Its breathable material maintains airflow and prevents odors, and the comfortable handles let you carry the bag easily. Moreover, these drawer dividers for clothes feature a clear window for quick visual recognition of the things stored.
- Two-way stainless steel zipper
- Adequate load-bearing capacity
- Reinforced seams
- Foldable container design
- May not be stackable
- Bottom may not be flat
The Zober under-bed storage container features a slim, rectangular design and includes two reusable underbed storage bins for clothes. It is made of non-woven polypropylene material and features a transparent lid for visibility. Its reinforced handles at the sides enable portability, and the humanistic design makes it suitable for storing various items, including blankets, toys, and clothes.
- Compact and lightweight
- Scratch-proof construction
- Anti-mite design
- Bottom may not be firm
- Might not stay in shape when empty
8. Best Lightweight: Homyfort Cloth Cube Storage Bins
Aesthetically designed with a lantern pattern, these cubical boxes come in a set of four. These lightweight boxes feature sturdy built-in handles on two sides for convenience and are designed to stand the test of time. The closet organizers are constructed from non-woven fabric, and the thick cardboard keeps them in shape. The open bins are ideal for decluttering your space and keeping your clothes organized. Each bin is equipped with a tag on the front to allow you to label your bins for easy access. The box measures 13x13x13 inches and is spacious enough to stack any clothing.
- Easy to carry
- Breathable material helps protect things from dust and dampness
- Handles may not be sturdy enough
- Some wish that it was available in more colors
9. Best Space-Saving: Max Houser Fabric Cloth Storage Bins
Max Houser storage boxes are collapsible to save space and are convenient to store. The eco-friendly fabric is non-woven, soft, and allows air to flow to and fro, keeping the items moisture-free. You can easily pull out the cubes with the help of the sturdy handles. They come in a set of six, and each cube measures 14.8×12.3×8.5 inches. These durable garment storage boxes have a large capacity and come with a label holder to classify the different sections for different types of clothes.
- Recyclable material
- Available in several colors
- Minimalist design
- Easy to set up
- May not retain shape
- Lids may bend
10. Best For Home Decor: OrganiHaus Storage Baskets
Designed with a vintage and modern touch, OrganiHaus storage baskets are made from 100% handwoven organic cotton, durable and fray-resistant. These coiled rope bins measure 15x10x9 inches and provide plenty of space to organize your dresser, making it ideal to store everyday items. These baskets feature hidden handles on each side that are functional and make these bins easy to carry and help them ace the test of time. These versatile dresser drawer organizers do not include any harmful chemicals and are eco-friendly, making them safe for children and pets.
- Available in various classy colors
- Easy to access
- Retains shape
- No rigid edges or corners to cause injury to toddlers
- May have a strange smell
- Some may find it small
11. Best Stackable: FHSQX Clear Window Storage Bins
FHSQX offers a pack of two stackable storage bins made of natural linen fabric, which could be a perfect addition to your organizers. The bins feature two clear windows on top and in the front, making the items accessible in two ways. It has a large capacity of 36l and measures 15.7×11.8×11.8 inches. These tried-and-tested clear plastic storage containers with fabric walls feature metal wireframes that support the shape and reinforced handles for an easy pullout. They can be folded and conveniently stored to maximize storage.
- Easy to set up
- Reinforced handles for easy carrying and pullout
- Supports long-term storage
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Comes with an interior thick wire frame that can be pressed into position
- Zippers may be flimsy
- May collapse easily
How To Choose The Right Storage Bin For Clothes?
Here are a few points to consider before you pick a storage bin for clothes.
- Purpose: If you want to pack your seasonal items, such as winter or summer clothes, pick an airtight box or vacuum sealed bag. If the purpose is stacking clothes in the cupboard, you may prefer an open box.
- Type: Depending on your choice, you can pick any type such as cane, plastic, fabric-based, or with or without lid.
- Style: If your clothes storage containeris kept open, consider the type and material that look stylish and help solve your purpose.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I store clothes in plastic bins?
Plastic bins are an amazing option for storing clothes. They are durable, easy to clean, and generally prevent creasing in your clothes.
2. How can I make my storage bins look nice?
To make your storage bins look nice, clean them frequently, do not overfill them, spray paint your plastic bins, and organize your clothes neatly.
3. What should I put in fabric storage bins?
You can put clothes, toys, accessories, books, and more in your fabric storage box.
Gina Hartranft, says, “I’d recommend you store items that you actually wear. Do not buy bins to store outdated clothing–items that are too big or small or worn out. You should store only seasonal clothing or vintage or designer clothing.”
4. Can I store photos in a plastic bin?
Yes, you may. However, do not store them in it without a photo album because the plastic material might react with the photos in the long run.
5. Can I store books in plastic containers?
Plastic containers with a lid are an ideal choice for storing books, as they prevent moisture.
6. Do clothes get moldy in storage bins?
Clean, dry clothes will not get moldy in storage bins. Make sure to always place the clothes in a clean, dry container.
7. How should I keep my clothes fresh in storage bins?
You can place dryer sheets inside your storage bins to keep your clothes fresh for a long time.
Storage bins are ideal for keeping your space clutter-free and organized. They help you keep your closet clean and also help save space. While regular storage bins do the job when you want to store clothes that you use every day, storing clothes in an airtight storage bin for the next season helps prevent dust accumulation. Available in many colors, patterns, and sizes, you can choose a storage bin that complements the look of your wardrobe.
Infographic: Handy Storage Bins For Storing Clothes
Having a dedicated space for your clothes can make it easy to find your favorite dress, and it is essential you store your clothes in an organized way. Here is an infographic that tells you more about the different types of storage bins you can opt for.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Wedetso Chirhah is an experienced and versatile product writer and reviewer who focuses on household goods and electronics. He has conducted in-depth research on numerous websites for product features and reviewer’s experiences to develop this list of the best storage bins for clothes. He has prioritized factors such as material, storage size, and ease of use to bring the best products for you. He has also offered suggestions on how to choose the right product based on your requirements.