A study table is an essential piece of furniture for people across all age groups, from students to working professionals. Having a good study table helps in improving productivity and better organizing study or work materials. The daily ritual of starting your day on your desk instills productive micro habits that bring rigor and discipline to your life. Whether it’s for study purposes or setting up a desktop, a table can be versatile and utilized in multiple ways.
We have compiled a list of some of thebest study tables in India. Scroll through them and find the most suitable one for yourself.
11 Best Study Tables In India
The Giona office desk from DeckUp is designed with a minimalist approach and focuses on utility. Made of high-quality laminate wood and treated with a matte finish, the table has a contemporary design with drawers and open-shelves to neatly organize your stationery. It provides ample leg space and has a spacious top for conveniently studying and working. The table is firm and supports weight so that you can put your laptop or desktop on it.
- Drawer with lock
- Melamine surface finish provides resistance from scratch
- E2 European standard top board with 15mm thickness
- Easy DIY assembly
- Can be easily cleaned with a dry cloth
- Ply on the drawer base is too thin
The Ebee multipurpose table has a simple tabletop design with an interior shelf. It is compact, lightweight, and can be easily moved anywhere you want to sit and work. The table is made of engineered wood with a matte finish and smoothed edges. You can assemble it effortlessly without any expert help.
- Sturdy and durable
- Can be folded flat for storage
- Inner shelf for books or stationeries
- Rubber caps at the bottom for stability
- Easy to clean with a dry cloth
- Not covered under warranty
- Height cannot beadjusted
The Scissor table has foldable legs and a height adjustability feature that makes it aversatile choice for the home. It comes with a high-grade polymer particleboard top with mild steel powder-coated scissor legs. The table’s finish makes it an aesthetically pleasing product that can be used for studying, working, or other purposes.
- Water-resistant and corrosion-proof
- Secure-locking of the adjustments to preventaccidental slips
- Compact size and folds flat for storage
- Can be adjusted to four height levels
- May not be suitable for heavy items
- May not bestable at maximum height
The Amalet study table from Bluewudlooks decent and is a functional piece of furniture. It is made from high-grade engineered wood,sturdy enough to hold up to 50kg weight. The ergonomically designed table has enough leg space, a drawer, and two open compartments for your books or files. It also provides a sufficient working area without occupying too much space in your room.
- Can accommodate a 30-inch laptop
- Drawer with lock available
- Anti-skid rubber caps at the bottom
- Attractive, high-quality wenge finish
- Sturdy and long-lasting
- DIY assembly could be time-consuming
- Prone to scratches and dents
- Could beheavy for some
The Winner study table from Spacewood is a multi functional furniture piece with a flat surface, cabinets, and shelves. Its writing desk can be folded up when not in use. The table has three spacious cabinets with doors to store your books, stationery, and other belongings.
You will find conveniently placed shelves on top and bottom of the desk, useful as anadditional area for display and storage. This versatile table-cabinet is artistically made with a beautiful walnut Riga to color way and high-quality finish to add a classy touch to your room.
- Spacious design, well-placed cabinets, and shelves
- Quality hinges, knobs, and other components for smooth operation
- Water-resistant and scratch-proof
- 36-month warranty on manufacturing defects
- Cabinet doors don’t have locks or magnetic stoppers
- Could be heavy and bulky
- May not be easy to assemble
This Sheesham wood study table can be a good pick if you have an eye for vintage furniture with intricate woodcut patterns. It comes with a chair made of quality Sheeshamwood that has the raw appeal intact. The study table has two drawers and a bottom cabinet with a door. It features a top and base made of solid wood, providing excellent stability to support heavy items.
- Vintage design with a natural brown wooden finish
- Solid wood ensures longer life than laminate materials
- Durable and sturdy for a heavy-duty usage
- Reliable footrest available
- Naturally heavy and not portable
- Open cut-out patterns may collect dust easily
The THKKY desk has a basic and fuss-free design with clean aesthetics. Its top is made of 15mm thick, high-quality engineered wood supported by sturdy metal legs. The metal base is foldable, making the table portable and easy to store. You can use it as your office desk or computer stand or a study table for children.
- No assembly required, collapsible design
- Made of reliable P2 relief wood
- Decent and durable design
- Portable and lightweight
- Four-step folding for convenience
- Doesn’t have storage options
- Doesn’t have rubber caps at the base
The stylish wall-mounted study table is a brilliantly designed piece for small spaces. Its compact size and foldability make it convenient as a laptop stand or a study desk. The durable fiberboard wood for the tabletop and steel frames for the mounting provide a strong holding capacity of up to 70kg. The mounting support has hinges that facilitate vertical collapsing of the wood panel. You can use the sleek multi purpose table to adorn your living space or study room.
- MDF table surface for durability
- Compact size that can be mounted on walls
- High-quality walnut finish
- Easy to install and maintain
- Water could cause damage to the wood surface
The Sugandha foldable table is lightweight and has a big surface top area. The compact design does not take much space and can be set up effortlessly in the house. It is made offibreboard that has good density and lasts long. Its legs are made of mild steel pipes, which can be easily folded for transport. You can find it in two different color options, brown and beige,with wood grain patterns.
- Ready to use, no assembly required
- Surface area provides ample space for work
- Lightweight and portable
- Rubber buffers fall smooth on the floor
- Not suitable to hold heavy items, especially around the edges
- Lacks stability; leaning on it may make it topple
The Bi3 table has a unique dual-flap top that can be opened or folded as per your preference. Its height can be adjusted to six levels, making it highly convenient for multipurpose use. The table has a plastic surface on to pandsteel tubes as legs. It has a decent carrying capacity of 30kg, which is ideal for its compact size. Adjustments and collapsibility, along with a water-resistant body, make it a suitable choice for outdoor use.
- Unique angular adjustment facility
- Easy-to-operate folds and adjustment knobs
- Small and lightweight
- Durable and portable
- Could be too small for some
- May not be highly stable
The Wood ware study table is stylishly designed, featuring a unique double desk system incorporated in its foldable mechanism.It is ready-to-use right out of the box and requires only a few easy steps of unfolding.
The tabletop is made of 18mm laminated wood, which is durable and sturdy. Its base is made of carbon steel,which is specially manufactured to provide stability. You can use the two tabletops, the smaller one to place your trade tools within easy reach and the bigger one for study or work.
- Stylish wire frame look
- Aesthetically attractive
- Good quality finish with detailed features
- Resistant to scratches, spill-proof, and no risk of termite damage
- Folds flat to a thickness of 4cm
- Cannot adjust the height
- Could be heavy and not portable
How To Choose The Right Study Table?
Here are a few points to consider when purchasing a study table.
- Size: Study tables come in various sizes, from portable mini-study tables to big furniture pieces. If you like switching the study spot to different locations, a portable and lightweight table would be the best to serve the purpose. On the other hand, if you are looking for a sturdier option with a multipurpose utility, you can go for a big-sized table.
- Build material: Wood is the most popular choice for furniture, including study tables. It can be used either as solid wood or laminates fora decent, sturdy,and long-lasting table.
Some modern study tables are made of other materials like specialized plastic, laminates, and alloy materials. These are suitable choices for lightweight and portable tables.
- Additional features: A table with storage facilities like drawers and shelves is convenient to place your stationery and other tools within arm’s reach. If you require more space, you can have a bigger cabinet cum study table for the mess-free organization of your files, books, and other stuff.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why are most office or study tables made of wood?
Wood is the go-to material for study tables and other furniture pieces as it is durable and versatile. Also, there are many choices from wood that you can opt for. In addition to their functionality, wood tables are aesthetically pleasing and improve the look of your interiors.
2. Can I use detergent to clean my office table?
It is advisable not to use water or detergent to clean the table as it can cause scratcheson the surface. A dry cloth is a good choice to use for regular cleaning. However, to remove a greasy stain, you may use soap water or detergent water to wipe the surface. But be careful to dry it quickly.
3. Which color is best for the study table?
Color is a personal choice,so don’t be shy to go for the one you like. Tables of wooden finish usually come in attractive colors. Some of the popular ones include walnut, brown, and wenge. If you wish to have a plasticor metal study table, you can find bright color choices, including red, pink, orange, and many more.
4. What should be the direction of the study table?
It is good to place the table in a direction facing the light source for optimal lighting when studying, without shadows to cause any disturbance. It is also feasible when you are using laptops to prevent glares from the screens.
Choosing the best study tables in India can be challenging since you come across various options. You may select a table that can create a perfect setup to work or study based on your height and requirement. Try to choose a table depending on the available space and the one matching the home interiors. You may add a vase and table cloth on top to enhance the aesthetics. Compare features and prices of shortlisted products to choose the best one. You may also look for durability and material quality to purchase the best one.
View Profile ›