Childhood is all about learning, including the transition from being fed to learning how to eat independently. This can be messy and troublesome, for which you will need the best suction bowl for baby. These bowls remain fixed to the table’s surface, saving food from spilling, sliding, or slipping. Thanks to such bowls, mealtimes can now be more organized and systematic. To help you choose the best suction bowls for your tiny tots, here is a list of options you can consider.
Our Top Picks
15 Best Suction Bowls For Babies And Toddlers
1. Best Non-Toxic: Bamboo Bamboo Baby Bowls And Spoon Set
Bamboo Bamboo baby bowl has a suction bottom to prevent the baby from tipping it over. It comes with a matching feeding spoon. The material is free of toxins and made from natural wood, and does not get hot to protect the baby from burns. You can remove the suction bottom as the child grows.
- Food-grade silicone suction keeps cups in place
- Naturally anti-bacterial and microbial
- Approved by FDA for safety
- Available in seven colors
- May not be crack-resistant
- May attract mold
2. Best Freezer Compatible: Bumkins Suction Silicone Baby Feeding Set
Made from food-grade, BPA-free silicone, this bowl includes a double-ended spoon. The suction base keeps the bowl from tipping over, slipping, or sliding. Its curved handles are easy to grasp. The material is free of toxic chemicals, petroleum-based plastics, PVC, lead, and phthalates. It is freezer- and microwave-safe.
- Spoon is apt for feeding purees
- Does not leave residual taste/smell
- Has a lid for storing leftovers
- Suction may not be adequate for granite tops
- Spoon may not be suitable for independent eating
3. Best Dishwasher Safe: Oxo Tot Stick & Stay Suction Bowl
Oxo Tot stick and stay baby bowl has a suction base, keeping the bowl attached and steady on the table. The non-slip silicone is free of BPA, PVC, and phthalates. Suitable for babies over six months, this bowl is microwave- and dishwasher-safe.
- Does not damage any surface
- Easy for grownups to remove
- Deep walls encourages scooping
- Bowl and pad separate for easy cleaning
- May not be easy to clean oil stains
- May not suit highchair trays
4. Best Durable: Olababy 100% Silicone Suction Bowl With Lid
The 100% silicone bowl comes with a spill-resistant lid for easy storing and portability. Its suction base sticks to the table’s surface, preventing spills and messes. Designed with a smart lip, it makes scooping and scraping easy. The durable material is non-toxic, BPA-free, and safe to use in the freezer, microwave, and dishwasher.
- Soft silicone does not hurt the baby’s soft gums
- Helps in smooth transition to solid foods
- Suitable for both hot and cold foods
- Suitable for independent eating
- May lose suction power over time
- Smell and taste of food may transfer
5. Best Anti-Slip: Mushie Silicone Suction Bowl
Mushie silicone suction bowl will minimize spills and tip-overs when your child is eating. Its anti-slip design keeps the bowl from being displaced. The material is free of BPA, phthalate, and PVC. The bowl does not get hot, protecting your child from burns.
- Made of food-grade silicone
- Can be washed using soapy water
- Available in 11 colors
- May retain food odors
- May be slightly smaller than expected
6. Best Portable: Ezpz Tiny Bowl
The bowl is designed with a built-in placemat that fits all highchair tables. Ideal for children above four months, the bowl helps them eat independently without making a mess. The bowl is portable, long-lasting, and free of BPA, BPS, PVS, latex, and phthalate. It does not corrode or fade and is microwave-and dishwasher-safe.
- Compact, lightweight and travel-friendly
- Comes in a reusable bag
- Does not deteriorate with use
- Available in four colors to choose from
- May absorb detergent smell
- Babies with well-developed fine motor skills may be able to lift the bowl
7. Best Heat Proof: Primo Passi Baby Suction Bowl With Utensils
Primo Passi portable bowl with strong suction makes traveling and feeding your baby easier. The three-piece set includes a toddler bowl with a spoon and a fork. It is designed with storage grooves for the cutlery. The grips are heat-proof, and the bowl is microwavable without the lid. It has a 13.5-ounce capacity and measures 6.5x3x6 inches.
- Practical and stylish design
- Helps encourage self-feeding
- Available in three colors
- May develop an oily layer over time
- Suction may reduce eventually
8. Best Food-Grade: UpwardBaby Toddler Plate And Bowl Placemats
Made from 100% food-grade silicone, UpwardBaby’s plate and bowl set is non-toxic and free of lead, phthalate, and PVC. It offers a hassle-free way for toddlers to practice self-feeding. The set has a strong suction suitable for most flat high chairs. It is safe for the microwave, dishwasher, and freezer for convenient use.
- Large enough for baby foods and snacks
- Four compartments for separating foods
- Approved by FDA for safety
- Suitable for gifting for birthdays
- May not stick to tiled surfaces
- Some highchairs may not be able to accommodate the bowl
9. Best Convenient: Tillyou Silicone Bowl Set
Tillyou set includes a feeding bowl with a lid, a fork, and a spoon. The two curved handles make the bowl easy to lift, and its suction base prevents the baby from flipping or tipping over the bowl of food. The handles of the cutlery are small and suitable for small baby hands. Its lid allows easy storage and convenient traveling. Each piece can withstand hot and cold temperatures.
- Bite points help ease teething pain
- Self-contained baffle design prevents choking
- Dust cover helps retains foods’s cleanliness
- Approved by CPSIA and CPC
- Can be washed in a dishwasher
- Suctioning may not suit wooden surfaces
10. Best Child Safe: ChooMee Baby Suction Bowls
The bowl’s strong suction base prevents the child from spilling or tipping over the food. It is made from 100% platinum-grade silicone material that is BPA-free and child-safe. The Dual Flex technology provides a thin, durable, and firm bowl wall, while the suction is soft yet strong. The four-ounce bowls are available in six vibrant colors.
- Useful for introducing solid food with less mess
- Unique and handmade
- Microwave-, oven- and freezer-safe
- Has strong walls for scooping
- Meets US and European safety standards
- May be smaller than expected
11. Best Microwave-safe: Mason & Luca Silicone Baby Bowl With Lid And Spoon Set
100% BPA-free, this platinum-grade silicone bowl stays strong on the tabletop and minimizes spills and flips. Its curved spoon is soft on the gums and easy to grip, and the lid facilitates storage and carrying. The bowl is microwave-, freezer-, and dishwasher-safe.
- Supports baby-led weaning
- Meets silicone safety standards
- Can hold up to 16 ounces
- Can take in any meal portion easily
- Lid may not fit the bowl properly
- Suctioning may not be efficient for highchair trays
12. Best Plastic-Free: Nummy Bowl
Made of 100% platinum silicone, the plastic-free bowl is non-toxic and stackable for convenient storage. The strong suction base sticks tightly on any highchair table. This bowl helps a child eat independently, developing hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills. It is microwave- and dishwasher- safe.
- Easy-release tab for safe release of suctioning
- Suction bowl is stackable for easy storage
- Helps improve hand-eye coordination
- Complies with FDA and LFGB safety standards
- Available in five colors and two collections
- May retain detergent smell
- May experience wear and tear over time
13. Best Travel-Friendly: Ashtonbee Baby Bowls With Suction
Ashtonbee’s three-piece baby bowl set has strong suction bottoms that hold them in place. The one-piece design is made from high-quality, food-grade plastic, free of BPA, PVC, lead, and phthalates. The bowl lids make them travel- and storage-friendly.
- Lightweight and stackable
- Easy to clean using warm water and soap
- Available in three sizes and colors
- Suitable for gifting for expecting parents
- May not be sterilization-friendly
- Suction power may decrease due to moisture
14. Best BPA-Free: Termichy Silicone Suction Bowl
Constructed from BPA-free silicone, the suction bowl has a strong suction base that holds the bowl to the surface. It can reduce spills, slides, and tip-overs. Suitable for children above six months, the bowl is dishwasher-safe and can withstand the freezer or the microwave’s high or low temperatures.
- Resistant to odors and stains
- Comes in an attractive flower-shape design
- Durable and chip-resistant
- Can help in learning to self-feed
- Suction power may decrease over time
15. Best Grip: Camkyde Baby Bowls
Dishwasher-and microwave-safe, the bowl comes with a matching spoon and fork made from 100% pure silicone. Its material is non-toxic and child-safe. Suitable for babies of six months and above, the bowl and cutlery are easy to grip, and the non-slip suction base holds the bowl firmly to the surface. Its quick-release tabs help you remove the bowl easily.
- Suitable for practicing eating
- Spoon and fork fits perfectly into the bowl
- Lead- and phthalate-free
- Unique raised scooping design
- Available in six colors
- May not hold shape in the long run
How To Choose The Right Suction Bowls For Babies And Toddlers?
Here are some tips for choosing the best suction bowls for your child.
- Material safety: Silicone and food-grade plastic are safe for children as they are non-toxic. Pick materials that are free of BPA, PVC, lead, and phthalates. Silicone is also resistant to bacteria.
- Design: Choose suction bowls with bright colors and prints, double-handles, curved lips, and lids for easy storage, portability, and more.
- Resistance: The bowl should be durable and corrosion-resistant to withstand wear and tear. It needs to be heat-resistant to prevent accidental burns.
- Additional Benefits: Make sure the bowl is microwave-, freezer-, and dishwasher-safe.
Tips For Using Suction Bowls
Here are some tips on how to use suction bowls.
- No play rule: If your child is strong, they can pull off the suction bowl from the table as you remove it. It is required to teach your child that mealtime is not playtime.
- Pay attention: If your child is not eating or playing with the food for long, take it as a sign that they are not hungry. Avoid force-feeding. Also, removing the bowl within a stipulated time will teach them to eat while the food is available.
- Removing bowl: You may sometimes have a problem getting the bowl off the surface if the suction is too strong. Slide the bowl to the edge of the table until it’s slightly off the table to loosen the suction. Do not try to pull it up straight.
- Added suction: If you feel the suction of your bowl is not adequate, add a few drops of water under the bowl to offer a more secure hold.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Our in-house baby product enthusiast, Vibha Navarathna has scoured numerous trusted websites and user reviews to curate this list of the best suction bowls for babies. Her decision-making process involves comparing products based on criteria such as material and durability and filtering her list to include only the top-rated products. She also sheds light on how to choose and use suction bowls for babies to have a mealtime with fewer messes and spills.
Since mealtime with a newborn can be incredibly messy and make the whole clean-up experience overwhelming, it is wise to invest in suction bowls for babies. These bowls come in lovely prints, designs, and colors and make the feeding process easier. They also help you teach the child to eat slowly and properly without spilling, which means you don’t have to worry much about clean-ups. When choosing the right suction bowl for your little one, make sure it is made of safe, durable materials and provides good suction.
View Profile ›