We all love summers, don’t we? The clear blue skies, the chirping of birds, and the jars of ice cream make it a great season. But what about the time when we go to sleep? It’s hot but it becomes cold as the night passes and a regular quilt will make you drenched in sweat. Some days of summer are cloudy or windy and others are filled with rainstorms. During this time, you need something to keep you warm but a heavy quilt will overheat you. However, a summer blanket is just what you need to give you the right amount of warmth.
We bring to you 13 of the best summer blankets that help regulate the temperature and keep it comfortable for you, especially when there are fluctuations in the weather.
Top Products From Our List
13 Best Cooling Blankets For Summers
To ensure comfort and style, the Kingole Velvet Blanket is made with high-grade 350 GSM microfiber polyester. This lightweight throw blanket is formulated with 100% premium material that is suitable for all seasons. It is gentle on your skin, soft, plush, and easy to clean. This fleece summer blanket not only keeps you warm but it also brightens up your couch or bed.
- Might shed on your clothes
Get a smooth, silky experience with this cooling blanket that gives you good ventilation. It is best suited for indoor temperatures of 80F to 95F or even in a well-ventilated, air-conditioned room. This cool summer blanket is made with bamboo microfibres and is designed to maintain a specific heat capacity while keeping your body cool.
- Thin and lightweight
- Comfortable for all temperatures
- Ultra-soft and breathable
- Might shrink
Summers do not just make you feel hot but it can be breezy too. What better way to deal with the summer chills other than making the best use of a cotton blanket? The Hill fair Combed Cotton Blanket is knitted and hand-finished to perfection with its high-quality cotton blend. They spice up the decor of your sofa and beds to make summer evenings cozy.
- Free of harmful substances
- Fully machine-washable
- Eco-friendly and ski- safe
- Soft, cozy, and durable
- Might have an unappealing smell
Warm and fuzzy, the Kawa home Summer Knit Blanket is one of the best summer blankets that bring fleece into style. It makes a great breathable blanket and gives you a deep and sound sleep. Available in soothing colors of grey, green, blue, camel, purple, and brown, this fleece blanket is 280 GSM and is stitched securely at the seam.
- Soft, soft, and skin-friendly
- Heather-knit texture
- Elegant design
- Might not be lightweight
Lightweight summer blankets are a great way to keep your body cool without making you feel extremely hot. The Elegear Cooling Blanket is made of Q-max technology that enables instant heat preservation when the fabric touches the body. It is made with premium-quality breathable cotton fibers that absorb body heat and comfort you to a cozy night’s sleep.
- Advanced cooling
- Sewing is secure
- Does not have an odor
- Might be a bit small
Perfect to keep you cozy in your bed, the Dollcent Combed Cotton Blanket provides comfort and gives you loads of snuggle time. It’s made with luxurious premium combed cotton that is soft and durable. It is also ideal for layering your bedding and adds a soft and cozy feel to your nights’ sleep. This summer blanket is easy to wash and dry.
- 100% soft premium cotton
- Suitable for all seasons
- Comfortable weight
- Eco-friendly and safe on skin
- Might shed after washing
Designed keeping in mind the practicality and comfort of the users, the ZonLi Cooling Summer Blanket is suitable for multiple uses. Wrap yourself in bed, cover your lap while sitting on your sofa, or wrap it around your shoulders when you read, work, or when you are simply enjoying a cup of tea. It is made with two layers of microfibers to secure the glass beads in place. It also has two layers of bamboo viscose to help control the temperature.
- Made with a layer of non-glue padding for maximum comfort
- A weighted blanket to help you fall asleep
- Glass beads layer is hypoallergenic, non-toxic, and odorless
- Smaller than other blankets
- Needs a duvet cover to be cleaned
Using a revolutionary technology of Japan that enables cool-to-touch cooling fibers to absorb body heat and draw away moisture from your body, the Marchpower Cooling Blanket is one of the best summer blankets that cools your body during summer. This summer blanket is made with a combination of 80% nylon and 20% PE cooling fabric to make it sweat absorption-friendly and enhance coolness.
- Includes jade stone to provide excellent abrasion resistance
- Crafted from 100% bamboo cotton that is soft and breathable
- Lightweight, easy to carry and easy to wash
- Might shed on one side of the blanket
Why settle for less when you have the blanket made with the highest quality of cotton? The Madison Park Liquid Cotton Blanket is created by spinning the smoothest and softest material called “liquid cotton” to provide maximum comfort and snuggles for you. This summer blanket is available in colors like blue, linen, seafoam, white, grey, and ivory and is machine-friendly.
- 100% pure cotton
- Ultra-soft material
- Reduces shrinkage
- Regulates temperature
- Might be slightly heavy
If you’re looking for a summer blanket that is not plain and boring, the Meju Summer Blanket is your go-to pick. It is made with a 4 layer muslin that is breathable and has a quick-dry feature. It has a cactus self-design that takes the boring plain away from your life. The cotton material gets softer each time you wash so this is probably the best blanket for long term use. The summer blanket is great for traveling, picnics, camping, and trips to the beach.
- 100% cotton
- Yarn dye
- Free of formaldehyde
- No fluorescence
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Color and pattern might differ from the picture.
With the right summer blanket, there is no compromise on a good night’s sleep and that’s what the Naturety Thin Comforter is designed to do. Made with 100% polyester microfiber which ensures ultra-soft touch and incredible durability, this 3D poly-filled product is fluffy and features a box stitch construction to evenly distribute the comfort.
- Puffy and soft
- Subtle color to suit any decor
- Might be a little small
If you’re looking for the ultimate soft experience, this one’s for you. The Oboey Polar Fleece Blanket has 2 layers that can be used for various functions. The top layer is soft and shiny while the bottom layer keeps you warm and fuzzy. It is crafted with great attention to detail and is composed of 100% microfiber material on all layers. What’s unique about this blanket is that its inside layers are made with conductive wires to prevent static electricity. The top surface of this summer blanket is made of plush which ensures a soft touch.
- Maintains its shape
- Highly durable
- Suitable for all temperatures
- Might shed as you start to use
Blended with 80% mica nylon, 20% polyethylene, and Q-max technology, the Luxear Cooling Blanket is one of a kind. It is crafted keeping in mind the technology that pulls away moisture from your body and evaluates if your skin is cold or warm. This summer blanket is made with superior-quality cooling fabric that keeps you cool even during hot summer days.
- Heat-regulating properties
- Helps contain your sweat
- Enhances air circulation
- Ultra-soft, silky and breathable
- Might be too small
Now that we’ve gone through a list of the best summer blankets, let’s understand how to choose the right blanket for you.
How To Choose The Right Summer Blanket?
With so many options to choose from, how do you know what the best summer blanket is to keep you cool during summer? Here are a few factors to consider when choosing a summer blanket:
- Lightweight – The last thing you want during summer is a blanket with a thick fabric. The best fabric for a cooling blanket uses thin materials like cotton, bamboo, or polyester. It keeps you cool during summer while protecting you from relatively chilly days. Lightweight blankets can also be layered with other thick ones during different seasons.
- Breathable – A breathable fabric is essential because it prevents unnecessary heat from being trapped in the fabric that will overheat you. The best kind of breathable fabric is made of cotton and bamboo materials. They keep you cool giving you the perfect balance during summer.
- Cool – This is a given because summer blankets are useless without having cooling properties. To ensure that you are kept cool during summer, blankets made with bamboo provide the best kind of cooling. Some summer blankets are also specially engineered to help you combat the heat.
- Sizes – Summer blankets come in several different sizes and it’s up to you to choose the one that fits you best. Right from king size and queen size to a small picnic blanket size, there are many available options. If you’re looking for a blanket that fits your bed, ensure that the size you choose is the same as your bed.
Summer nights leave you drenched in sweat due to the overheating and summer blankets rescue you from this peril. They are lightweight and have cooling abilities to help regulate the temperature of your body and give you a good night’s sleep. What do you look for in a summer blanket? Comment below and let us know which one is your favorite from our list.
- Best Wool Blankets
- Best Food Streamers
- Best Bounce Houses
- Best Playmobil Sets
- Mom’s Home Organic Cotton Quilt Review