Summers involve a lot of play and activities for children. As such, the best summer shoes for toddlers should offer quality assurance, be lightweight, breathable, flexible, and have non-slip soles to keep their feet cool, comfortable, and safe. Summer footwear needs to be versatile and withstand the elements, whether it is the heat or the accompanying rain, and be comfortable and easy to put on. So here’s our list of the best summer shoes for toddlers to keep your little one’s feet comfy and cool. Keep scrolling and add a few best-selling pairs to your cart.
13 Best Summer Shoes for toddlers
1. Best Breathable: Crocs Unisex Kids’ Classic Clog
With a unique design and quality craftsmanship, these Crocs are a stylish and comfortable option for your toddler in summer. They feature a textured sole to ace the test of stability, and the pivoting heel straps prevent them from coming off. Made from breathable and lightweight materials, these shoes keep the feet dry and cool all day long. Furthermore, their wide design provides ample room for feet to grow and move, while their unisex design makes them suitable for every child.
- Holes for easy debris removal
- Flexible material
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Easy to wear and take off
- Multiple fun color options
- May not be true to size
- Some holes may have rough edges
2. Best Narrow Fit: Native Shoes Jefferson Child
These toddler shoes by Native Shoes are made of EVA material, making them lightweight and comfortable for toddlers. The shoes have a sleek design that offers a narrow fit and feature holes all over to enhance breathability and facilitate easy debris removal. Moreover, the comfortable shoes have a textured slip-resistant base, ensuring your child’s safety.
- Suitable for all-day wear
- Stylish design
- May not be suitable for chubby feet
- May take time to break in
3. Best Flexible : STQ Boys Girls Water Shoes Quick-Dry Sandals
With an easy-off slip-on mechanism and cool design, your child can wear these shoes on beaches, pools, roads, etc. The protective, durable rubber soles and the lightweight design offer comfort to your child. Made from breathable and quick-drying material, this pair of shoes has a cushioned and padded inner design that gives stability and is washable. The non-slip outsole also acts as a shock absorber. Go through this video review for a detailed understanding of the product.
- Has a closed-toe that reduces the chances of getting hurt
- Flexible design
- Hook-and-loop closure
- Removable sock liner
- Strap might come apart easily
- Soles may not be durable
4. Best Odor-Resistant: Hobibear Boys Girls Outdoor Sandals
Available in various sizes, these durable shoes have a synthetic sole and a cushioned leather footbed for maximum comfort. These closed-toe sandals help protect your little one’s feet and keep the dirt out. The rubber outsole is slip-resistant and flexible to give your toddler a pleasurable experience. This pair can match any dress and is ideal for parties, schools, and outings.
- Offers stability and traction while walking
- Anti-collision toe cap
- Hook-and-loop closure
- Shoes might have a peculiar smell
- Wide ankle design might be uncomfortable
- Sole might wear off easily
5. Best Skin-Friendly: Dadawen Boys Girls Water Shoes
Dadawen’s toddler summer shoes are available in various classic colors and are made from 100% synthetic material, with durable rubber soles. These tried-and-tested hybrid sneaker water shoes can be worn on the beach, pool, backyard, and more. They are easy to wash, and the hook-and-loop design makes them easy to wear and take off. They have an adorable design and an elastic opening for a secure fit and comfortable wearing.
- Features a skin-friendly, soft mesh material
- Lightweight and breathable
- Flexible outsole
- Anti-slip design
- Strap might not work at times
- Might have a peculiar smell
- Sole might fall apart easily
6. Best Water-Friendly: Okilol Toddler Slip-On Sandals
The slip-on sandals from Okilo feature a classic design and quality craftsmanship, offering a combination of comfort and stability. They can quickly become your little one’s favorite summer shoes as they have breathable holes for ventilation. Plus, the shoes are soft, bendable, and made from lightweight EVA material to ace the test of comfort.
- Easy on/off slip-on design
- Cushioned insole
- Shock-resistant shoe design
- Sole might come off easily
- Shoe might shrink
- Edges might start peeling off
7. Best Slip-Resistant: Cior Boys & Girls’ Breathable Mesh Slip-On Sneakers
Manufactured from aLycra-blend material, this pair of toddler summer shoes features a breathable mesh design. The laceless sneakers have a durable sole to give your child maximum comfort. Sturdy and easily washable, the shoes are a classic choice for the pool and the beach. They have a quick-dry design due to their breathable top.
- Has a flexible soft sole design
- Suitable for toddlers of all ages
- Slip-resistant and collision rubber outsole design
- Honeycomb design for extra ventilation
- Velcro strap might not work properly
- Might smell bad
- May be of low quality
8. Best Anti-Collision: Nautica Kids Sports Sandals
With a rubber sole, these baby summer shoes feature open panels and a protective bump guard to protect your child from accidents. The shoes are made from soft, water-friendly, and lightweight materials. Sturdy and durable, these tried-and-tested shoes are slip-resistant and will safeguard your child on any terrain.
- Anti-collision design
- Flexible soft sole
- Has a breathable mesh design
- Optimal stability and traction
- May be of low quality
- Materials are glued together and not stitched
- Sole might fall apart easily
9. Best Padded: Comwarm Toddler Girl Boy Summer Closed Toe Sandals
Suitable for all occasions, these shoes with a cute color combination are lightweight and will offer maximum comfort to your child. The shoes boast quality craftsmanship and are made from soft and comfortable EVA material to withstand the test of time. The anti-collision design will protect your toddler’s feet from stubs and scrapes. They will give you optimum traction on any surface, are easy to clean, and will fit your child’s feet snugly.
- Convenient Velcro design
- Quick-dry and breathable
- Padded footbed
- Non-skid soles
- Might have a peculiar odor
- Velcro straps might not function properly
10. Best Waterproof: Apakowa Lightweight Quick-DrySandals
Lightweight and flexible, these shoes have a quick-dry design. The shoes are breathable, and the fabric lining will give your child a comfortable footbed all day long. Their EVA insoles are soft and won’t hurt your toddler’s delicate feet. The rubber is slip-resistant and provides safety to the kid. These comfortable toddler shoes are ideal for walking, running, yoga, dancing, leisure, or other sports activities.
- Has an enclosed design to protect your child’s feet
- Rubber outsole features a multi-angled tire design
- Improves grip
- Straps might not function properly
- Shoes may not be correctly sized
- Might not last longer
11. Best User-Friendly: Merrell Childs’ Bare Steps Water Shoe
Made from 100% leather and textile, these toddler summer shoes have durable rubber soles and are extra wide to give room to your toddler’s growing feet. The outsole has flexible grooves to provide them with a barefoot feel, and rounded edges follow the natural shape of your child’s foot. Its easy on-and-off slip-on design and grippy sole make these shoes convenient and user-friendly.
- Made from recycled materials
- Velcro closure
- Multi-directional grooves on the sole for extra grip
- Curves on the shoe back might dig into the skin and give blisters
- Insolemay be thin and uncomfortable
- Shoes may not be correctly sized
12. Best Stability: Oaisnit Sports Sandals
Soft lining with upper mesh material, these toddler summer shoes will give natural movement to your toddler’s feet. The durable shoes are flexible and lightweight. These shoes have an adorable design and are easy to wash and easy to wear, with a protective sole and an easy-off slip-on design. The rubber sole has a non-slip design to safeguard the toddler’s feet. This pair of summer shoes is ideal for any occasion, be it travel, party, school, beach, pool, etc. The classic color of these shoes will match every outfit.
- Can be worn indoors
- Provides optimum traction and stability
- Velcro might stop functioning after some usages
- Might cause blisters or sores in your child’s foot
13. Best Long Lasting: Smajong Kid’s Garden Clogs Open Toe Sandals
Available in various color options, these summer slippers by Smajongare are ideal for the beach, pool, and indoor activities. These adorable shoes have a dinosaur design that will grab your toddler’s attention. It has drainage holes on the sides to prevent water from gathering inside the slipper. The material is sturdy and long-lasting.
- Features a dual-wear design
- Made from high-quality materials
- Has a non-slip sole and cute design
- Has a groovy sole for extra grip
- Could bea little stiff and hard
How To Choose The Right Summer Shoes For Toddlers?
The following are a few points that you should keep in mind when buying summer shoes for toddlers.
- Material: Shoes made from synthetic leather are durable. They are lightweight, waterproof, and versatile. Mesh and fabric materials are suitable for outdoor purposes.
- Traction: The outsole of your toddler’s shoe should offer good grip and traction. Plastic and rubber provide good support and are suitable for outside play.
- Cushioning: Good cushioning in your toddler’s shoes can provide shock absorption. Such summer shoes offer comfort and bounce.
- Style and color: Choose a style and color that will go with every outfit and be used for outdoor purposes.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How should I measure a toddler’s shoe size?
You can measure your toddler’s shoe size with the help of a household ruler. Measure the foot with the ruler from the heel to the toe in centimeters. You can also add half of an inch so that your toddler finds it more comfortable to wear.
2. Are toddler and infant shoe sizes the same?
Yes, shoes for infants and toddlers are the same. The only difference is that the shoes for toddlers will have a letter ‘T’ next to the number, indicating that they are meant for toddlers.
3. How often should I buy new shoes for my child?
Your toddler will keep growing fast until they reach 2.5 years (growth slows down slightly from that point). Consequently, they will need a new pair of shoes every two to three months.
4. Can my toddler put summer shoes on by themselves?
Yes, your toddler can wear summer shoes on their own since these have Velcro straps or are slip-ons. Typically, toddlers aged between 21 months and 30 months can start wearing some shoes with assistance.
5. Do toddlers need to wear socks with summer shoes?
Yes, wearing socks minimizes friction and damage to the skin. It also helps in absorbing excessive sweat or moisture.
6. Which sole is ideal for summer shoes?
Rubber soles and leather soles are ideal for summer shoes as they are breathable. These soles can also regulate temperature and keep your little one comfortable.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag is a writer and editor, interested in all things beauty, fashion, and skincare. She focuses on product analyses and reviews to make sure her readers get to choose from the best in the market. Her review process involves in-depth trend analysis and comparing different products to cover every aspect and gives readers a thorough understanding of what they are buying. Here, she presents a compilation of the best summer shoes for kids and toddlers that are comfy, stylish, and durable. She also provides you with a buying guide to help you choose the right product for your child.
Summer is the time when there is a high chance of developing blisters on your feet if you are not well prepared. You need high-quality summer shoes for your toddler that would prevent sweaty feet and allow them to be comfortable. To buy the right summer shoes, look for baby-friendly, durable materials, i.e., shoes that are long-lasting, anti-slip, and odorless. They should be breathable with padded straps for easy wearing. Moreover, ensure the shoes are suitable for various terrains for optimal utility and comfort. Our top picks are the flexible and stable Crocs Unisex Kids’ Classic Clogs and the Native Shoes Jefferson, which have a breathable and odor-resistant design. Lastly, we recommend the STQ Boys Girls Water Shoes Quick-Dry Sandals for their shock-absorbing feature.
Infographic: How To Keep Water Shoes Odor-Free?
When summer arrives, water shoes become the go-to choice for outdoor activities, ensuring optimum comfort. However, practicing proper care and washing techniques is important to keep them odor-free and well-maintained. Check out the following infographic to learn how to keep your water shoes odor-free with proper care.
- Best Water Shoes For Kids And Toddlers
- Best Girls’ Sandals
- Best Sports Shoes For Kids
- Best Baby Walking Shoes
- Best Basketball Shoes For Kids