Your summer camping trip could be incomplete without spending a night under the stars. But with high temperatures, it may not be comfortable to sleep inside thick sleeping bags. And sleeping in the woods without a sleeping bag may not be a very good idea.
What you need is a lightweight summer sleeping bag that is thin and keeps you comfortable on summer nights. Keep reading as we list the best summer sleeping bags and tell you their pros and cons to help you make an informed choice.
10 Best Summer Sleeping Bags
Lightweight and soft, this versatile sleeping bag provides ample insulation for added comfort all night. It is a handy option that guarantees quality sleep during your camping trips. You can choose from red, orange, green, and blue. The sleeping bag is made of premium-quality material that is soft and gentle on the skin. It is suitable for all seasons, be it summer or winter. You can carry it effortlessly in a compression bag that comes with it.
- Has a hexagonal weave design
- Waterproof and durable shell
- Features double-layer technology
- Compact and convenient
- Waterproof and weather-resistant
- Can keep feet free during summer
- Doesn’t have padding
- Could be too thin
You won’t have sleepless nights when you carry this lightweight and comfortable sleeping bag on your hiking or trekking trips. It has a lightweight and ultra-thin design that makes it suitable for warm seasons. The classic sleeping bag can keep you comfortable even at temperatures ranging from 59° to 68°F. It is made of Ripstop fabric that is durable and tough and comes with an easy-to-carry sack.
- Made of tear-resistant polyester material
- Soft and waterproof
- Skin-friendly and convenient
- Has an envelope design
- Measures 75x30in
- Zipper quality could have been better
Lightweight, comfortable, and easy-to-carry, this sleeping bag is designed to let you enjoy the outdoors during summers. It can also be used in other seasons. The versatile and durable bag is a great option for children and adults and comes in orange, blue, dark grey, and purple.
- Has a double-layer construction
- Can be zipped together
- Waterproof and comfy design
- Keeps children cozy and safe
- Comes with a sack
- Suitable for 32° to 77°F
- May not be durable
If you are looking for a simple yet practical solution to spend nights under the sky, this ultra-compact sleeping bag could be an ideal option. Available in attractive colors, this bag measures 84x32x20in and is suitable for anyone who wants to sleep tight during camping trips. The sleeping bag is ideal for summers as it has no thick pads or heavy material. It is what you need for a relaxing camping experience.
- Made of good quality material
- Comes with an external pocket
- Includes a compression sack
- Lightweight and convenient
- Has barrel locks and a drawstring closure
- May not be suitable for all seasons
- May not last long
Slip into this cozy sleeping bag made of high-quality insulating material to enjoy a restful night. This bag features ThermaPro technology that retains the warmth and compresses well. It has a unique zipper at the bottom to let your feet out of the bag. The blue bag can be effortlessly folded and kept in a sack when not in use, which makes it an appropriate choice for hiking or other summer trips.
- 78x62in in dimensions
- Has a comfortable hood
- Provides warmth and comfort
- Offers added insulation
- Suitable for summer, fall, and spring
- Could be too thin
- May not be useful for all seasons
Sleep comfortably inside this double-filled technology sleeping bag, no matter what the temperature is at the camping ground. It is designed to suit the camper’s requirements and allows them to enjoy quality sleep after a hectic and adventurous day. You can choose from navy blue, blue, grey orange, and dark colors. You also get a compact travel bag to keep the sleeping sack, which can be easily cleaned in the washing machine.
- Comes with a separated zipper
- Made of premium-quality nylon material
- Breathable and washable fabric
- Supports extreme weather conditions
- Has a unique and convenient design
- Suitable for any adventurous trip
- May not be long-lasting
The Kelty sleeping bag is designed to fit the needs of regular campers. It is lightweight and has a draft collar to fit snugly around the neck. The sleeping bag features quilt construction and can be used in any weather. It could be one of the best sleeping bags with zippers that can lock and keep you protected during any weather. You can even gift this great sleeping bag to your friends or family members who enjoy adventures.
- Comfortable in warm weather
- Has an anti-snag design
- Made of high-quality polyester
- Comes with dual-locker zippers
- Dries quickly and resists water
- Includes stuff sack
- May not be suitable for all weather conditions
Soft, lightweight, and cushioned, this comfortable sleeping bag comes with an added insulation draft to keep you cozy at all times. It is made of 100% polyester and has a mummy design to keep your head and shoulders warm. The summer sleeping bag is available in three colors, namely blue, red, and green. Whether you are going on a backpacking trip or camping by the lake, this could be a great sleeping bag to take with you.
- Has a simple zipper system
- Comes with insulated draft tube
- Can be reversed to make a comforter
- Has an external zipper to keep essentials
- Measures 33x80in
- Has ample interior space
- May not be suitable for all seasons
This stylish and modern sleeping bag for the summer can be a comfortable addition to your camping trips. Carry the portable and cushioned sleeping bag anywhere so that you no longer have to compromise on your sleep. It is semi-rectangle in shape and comes with a sack for storage and portability. You can choose from fire orange, sand, green apple, paradise blue, and sycamore colors.
- Measures 72x29in
- Comes with a comfort-tuck zipper
- Comfortable and lightweight
- Unique in design, versatile
- Can be washed easily
- May not be durable
This cushioned sleeping bag is all you need after a tiresome adventure. It is gray and has a minimalistic design. The bag has hooks on the top and zippers on the right or left side. It provides ample insulation for comfortable sleep and is a good choice for your next backpacking trip.
- Lightweight and versatile
- Suitable for warm weather
- Simple and functional
- Provides proper insulation
- Ideal for regular campers
- Doesn’t include a sack
How To Choose The Right Sleeping Bag?
Having a basic idea about the shelter, the number of days, and weather conditions for your next summer backpacking trip can help you choose the right summer sleeping bag for yourself. Here are the basic features that you should look for when choosing a sleeping bag for yourself.
- Shape and size: You can choose from regular and mummy sleeping bags for a comfortable night’s sleep. Regular bags are ideal for sleeping inside the camps or caravans, while mummy sleeping bags are lightweight, compact, fit properly, and are convenient to use anywhere.
- Temperature rating: Sleeping bags have a temperature gauge. In case you are not going to higher altitudes, then a 35° F and above would be an ideal choice. You can even get a three-season bag with 15 to 30° F that can be used during any season.
- Material: Synthetic, polyester, and human-made insulation materials are the most common options used. They can retain heat, are durable, and can be cleaned easily. Also, these can be compressed in sacks and carried conveniently.
- Insulation: You should check if the sleeping bag has synthetic insulation or down insulation. Synthetic insulation is warm and works even when it gets wet, while down insulation provides warmth-to-weight ratio and is efficient.
- Other features: Look for storage space, travel sack, torch, mosquito net, zipper, fabric, hood, and accessories.
Nothing can be more fulfilling than lying under the night sky and gazing at the twinkling stars while warmly tucked in a summer sleeping bag. You do not often buy summer sleeping sacks, so the selection should be made carefully. You can compare the features of different bags and short-list a quality item that matches your requirements. Make sure to choose a bag that can be used in summer, fall, and spring seasons.