If you go on an outdoor adventure during summer, you need certain essentials such as an SPF lotion, a sun hat, light and breezy clothes, and gloves. So, here’s our list of the best sun protection gloves to help you choose the right pair. These gloves come in handy on days when you have to engage in outdoor activities such as hiking, fishing, cycling, and more.
Reapplying sunscreen every hour doesn’t guarantee sunburn protection and can be quite inconvenient. So, these trusted sunblock gloves keep your hands safe from direct sunlight. Browse our list of the best-selling products and features to choose ones that suit your needs.
Benefits Of Sun Protection Gloves
Harmful UV rays can cause sunburn and affect the topmost layer of the skin. Sun protection gloves help avoid direct contact with sun rays. They also
- Protects hands from sunburn, cuts, inflammation, and abrasions.
- Help avoid sweaty hands.
- Provide good grip for several outdoor activities like driving, cycling, fishing, etc.
- Keep the hands cool and comfortable.
- Protect the skin from harmful UV radiations.
13 Best Sun Protection Gloves In 2024
1. Best Lightweight: KastKing Sol Armis SPF 50 Fingerless Gloves
These fingerless gloves feature a pattern that mirrors and blends with the outdoors. It provides SPF 50 protection and a comfortable, snug fit to the wearer. Designed by a team of professional anglers, and crafted with breathable poly-Spandex fabrics, these tried-and-tested gloves keep your hands cool and prevent sunburns. It also comes with a touch synthetic leather palm for extra padding and easy gripping of items like fishing rods without hurting your palms.
- ¾ fingerless gloves
- Four-way stretch
- Integrated pull tabs on the wrist and middle finger
- Lightweight sun protection gloves
- Extended cuff
- Available in other nature-inspired colors
- It may take a long time to dry.
2. Best Stretchable: Palmyth UPF 50+ UV Protection Gloves
Although these are fingerless gloves, the ¾ finger-length design of these anti-UV gloves provides maximum sun protection. It offers certified UPF 50+ and SPF protection that is incorporated into the stitching, which means that even when the gloves are wet, the UV protection element doesn’t wear off. These sunscreen gloves come with an open-palm design to prevent excessive sweat buildup and the MythAirflow technology transfers moisture and sweat to dry areas of the glove, making them a trusted choice. The index and middle fingers are reinforced with synthetic leather for a better grip.
- Dries quickly
- Stretchable material
- Long cuff for added protection
- Wrist and finger pull tabs
- Available in many colors
- Some may find the gloves thinner than expected.
3. Best Machine-Washable: Glacier Glove Sun Gloves
Suitable for both men and women who care about their skin but also like to look stylish while doing so, these fingerless gloves are the best bet. These cool gloves are made of 85% lycra and 15% synthetic leather. The leather accents and patches, which are sewn into the palm area, add a chic edge to the gloves while providing a comfortable, non-slip grip.
- UPF 50+ to provide sun protection for hands
- Breathable materials and design
- Doesn’t feature adjustable wrist straps.
4. Best Comfortable: Coolibar Sun Protection Gloves For Ladies
Although these gloves are lightweight, they provide maximum protection from the harsh rays of the sun. Made of a high-quality polyester and spandex blend, these best-selling gloves block out up to 98% of UV radiation. Ideal for a midday stroll around the park or taking your pet out for a walk, these gloves feature a “CoolTect” technology, which keeps your skin cool and comfortable.
- Silicone print on the palm
- Stretchable mesh construction
- Machine washable
- Available in different colors and floral patterns
- May not be suitable for outdoor activities like fishing and kayaking.
5. Best Non-Slip: Maxdot Summer Gloves For Sun Protection
Tiny white polka dots make everything instantly cuter, don’t they? These consumer-tested fingerless gloves designed for women are ideal for sun protection for lighter activities like taking a walk, skipping rope, and driving. Each finger has small holes integrated on either side to allow better ventilation and maximum breathability.
- Anti-slip palm prints made of silicone
- Light and soft fabric
- Made of cotton
- Stretchable material
- Long cuffs
- Available in pink, gray, beige, and black
- Although it claims to be a “one size fits all” glove, it may be loose for women with petite hands and slender fingers.
6. Best Soft: Flammi Sun Protection Hand Gloves For Women
One of the easiest ways to protect our hands from the sun’s harmful rays, heat, and other such environmental pollutants is by covering them up with a high-quality yet comfortable pair of gloves. Made of stretchable and thin fabric, these gloves provide UPF 50 protection and comfort to reduce skin damage. It is also moisture-wicking, which means that your hands will stay dry the whole time you have the gloves on.
- Calms your palms cool
- Mesh fabric and holes on each finger
- Silicone print for better grip
- Available in a variety of colors
- Suitable for driving
- Some may feel that the seams are a little bulky.
7. Best Sweat-Absorbent: Bememo UV Protection Gloves
If your work requires you to put in hours of manual labor under the sun, these gloves will be the perfect fit for you. It covers your palms and the back of your hand from the sweltering heat while leaving your fingers exposed for better dexterity, making it the perfect glove for everyday use. According to the reviewers, the thumb hole is ergonomically placed and won’t interfere with your day-to-day activities.
- Made of modal cotton
- Stretchable and light
- Extra-long cuff
- Pack of 4 gloves
- May not offer a good fit for men.
8. Best For Better Dexterity: Outdoor Research Activeice Spectrum Sun Gloves
Finding a great pair of sun protection gloves for the outdoors can be challenging. Some may offer SPF protection but make your palms sweat while others may make your hands feel stuffy and itchy. But with these lightweight cooling sun gloves, all your outdoor adventures will be extra comfortable. These fingerless sun protection gloves with cooling fabric provide SPF 50+ protection, and the Activeice technology featuring xylitol crystals keeps your hands cool and dry.
- Tapered cuff for a tight fit
- Anti-slip palm
- Made with recycled polyester
- Available in neon blue and green
- Comfortable sun protection gloves
- The seams on the cuff could use reinforced sewing.
9. Best Elasticity: Boao Cooling Arm Sleeves
Taking care of our skin doesn’t begin and end with skincare products alone. A full-length pair of sun-sleeve gloves that cover your entire arm is a great way to show some extra love to your skin. Made of skin-friendly materials, these protective fabric gloves for sun exposure provide excellent coverage. It covers your palm and keeps your fingers open so that you can participate in many activities without your hands feeling constricted, making them a hit among reviewers.
- Dries quickly
- Suitable for all seasons
- No pilling
- Superior elasticity
- Pack of ten
- Some may find the thumb hole slightly uncomfortable.
10. Best For All Seasons: Adapt Tackle UPF 50+ Fingerless Gloves With Neck Gaiter
Go fishing or cycle around the city in style and comfort with a little help from this sturdy glove and neck gaiter set. Both the gloves and the gaiter shield you from the harsh rays and the unrelenting heat while giving you unparalleled comfort. The gloves are crafted with premium-grade lycra and spandex and feature synthetic leather pads on the outer corners of the palm area along with the index and middle finger for an excellent grip.
- Finger and cuff pull-out tabs
- ¾ finger design
- Storage pouch
- Available in two other styles and colors
- The size may run a little large.
11. Best Fast-Drying: Bassdash Sun Protection Gloves For Fishing
Perfect for those who love to spend their weekends fishing with their family and friends, these poly-spandex gloves are a good choice for UPF 50+ protection. These sun-shielding gloves offer a snug yet relaxed fit as it is four-way stretchable. Synthetic microfiber anti-slip leather patches sewn into the palm area and the index and middle finger, making it easy to grab and hold onto things.
- ¾ finger length
- Easy pull off tabs
- Dries super fast
- Long cuff
- Doesn’t feature adjustable wrist-straps.
These tried-and-tested gloves are made of breathable cotton, elastane, and bamboo viscose; they are lightweight and do not irritate sensitive skin. You may also use these SPF gloves for activities like cycling, gardening, golfing, and much more.
- Provides warmth
- Good stretch
- Offers UPF50+ protection
- Durable gloves for sun protection
- The size may not be suitable for all
For those in search of gloves offering a good grip, Boao can be the one. These sun-safe gloves have tiny bumps throughout the surface, offering a good grip on the steering wheel while driving. As these sun protection gloves for driving are made of breathable fabric, they are ideal for summer.
- Prevents tanning
- Can be used during outdoor activities
- Has good elasticity
- Available in multiple colors
- Affordable sun protection gloves
- The material may not be durable
How To Choose The Right Sun Protection Gloves?
Buying a pair of gloves may not be easy. But these tips can help you make a better choice.
- UPF 50+ protection: If you want sun protection gloves for extremely hot conditions, look for gloves that provide UPF or SPF 50+ protection. A rating as much as 50+ can block up to 95% of the sun’s rays. The higher the rating, the higher the protection. However, if you live in moderately warm climates and are looking for gloves for walks or driving a car, you may settle for gloves that offer UPF 15+ protection.
- Material: As you will be wearing sun protection gloves for long hours, opt for breathable and sweat-wicking materials that don’t make your palms sweaty or your fingers itchy. Although the most stretchable gloves provide the maximum level of comfort, keep in mind that they tend to thin out with extended use.
- Design: There are mainly three types of sun protection gloves. If you are looking for full coverage that extends beyond your wrists, look for an anti-slip UV protection sleeve that covers your entire arm up to your shoulders. Arm sleeves are also useful during winter as they keep you warm. For outdoor activities like hiking, kayaking, and fishing, go for a synthetic glove with a three-fourth finger length. Ensure that these gloves come with an anti-skip palm for better dexterity. If it features an adjustable Velcro wrist-cuff, it’s a big win. For less strenuous activities like strolling around the park or driving, choose thin and stretchable cotton gloves.
Daisy Jo Pollard Sepulveda, a model and beauty and fashion expert, says, “With proper care, your sun protection gloves will continue to shield your hands from harmful UV rays. Hand wash them gently with a mild detergent, avoid harsh chemicals and fabric softeners, and allow them to air dry away from direct sunlight.”
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best fabric for sun protection?
Fabrics that have a UPF rating of 50 and above are ideal for sun protection. When compared to natural fibers, synthetic fibers like nylon and polyester deliver better sun protection, and the thicker the fabric is woven, the better it protects your hands against sun damage.
2. Does UV light age your hands?
Yes, long-term sun exposure allows the UV rays to penetrate deep into the skin layers. This creates long-term damage to the skin and can lead to premature skin aging, called photoaging.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag, a fashion enthusiast and writer, loves doing fashion reviews of clothing, shoes, and jewelry. Her proficiency in stylistic evaluation and market trend analysis allows her to present the best sun protection gloves that look fashionable and are designed to suit your comfort. She presents a list that is highly researched and helps you choose the right fit according to your personal preferences. Poulami has chosen sturdy and quality products based on customer reviews from various trusted websites to offer you an unbiased opinion.
Stepping outside without sun protection gloves can increase the chances of your hands getting sunburned. These best sun protection gloves protect your hands from harmful rays and provide a good grip for various outdoor activities. Invest in a pair of gloves made from top-quality materials. Breathable sun protection gloves that dry quickly and are made from stretchable materials can help you stay comfortable and are easy to maintain. Our top picks include the KastKing Sol Armis SPF 50 Fingerless Gloves with touch synthetic leather palm for extra padding and good grip and the Palmyth UPF 50+ UV Protection Gloves with an open palm design and MythAirflow technology that keeps the gloves dry.
Infographic: What Are The Various Kinds Of Sun Protection Gloves?
Different styles of sun protection gloves serve various purposes. Understanding these types and their features and utilities comes in handy while choosing the right sun protection gloves to meet your needs. Explore the following infographic to learn about the categories of sun protection gloves.
- Sun Protective Clothing.
- Dress To Protect: 5 Things That Affect How Well Your Clothes Block UV Rays.
- Best Winter Gloves For Kids
- Best Driving Gloves
- Best Mountaineering Gloves
- Best Dishwashing Gloves For Protecting