The best superhero toys are your best bet when you run out of gift ideas for your children. From all Marvel heroes to DC baddies, children love to own and flaunt something that makes them feel powerful and boosts their confidence.
These toys and figurines also make for great collectibles, and even adults who are ardent superhero fans love collecting them. You will find various time-tested superhero toys in the market, ranging from action figurines to Lego avatars. Scroll down to explore the best-selling and parent-recommended options and find the one that can bring a wide smile to your child’s face.
13 Best Superhero Toys
1. Best For Fine Motor Skills: Fisher-Price Imaginext DC Super Friends Batcopter
Batman is well known for his use of cool, advanced gadgets and weapons. If your child is in awe of this caped crusader, then this tried-and-trusted toy could be the perfect gift for them. This batcopter comes with a spinning rotor and a claw for air rescues. You also get a Batman mini figure, which can be seated in the cockpit of the helicopter. The claw can be activated by squeezing the trigger, which helps with children’s fine motor skills development. This review video will help you learn more about the product.
- Durable and sturdy
- Suitable for rough play
- Poseable figure
- Encourages pretend-play
- May be smaller than you expect
- Blades have to be operated manually
"This toy helicopter has proved to be rather durable, withstanding the rough play of small children. It enhances imaginative play and integrates perfectly with my child's Batcave playhouse. The mechanical parts are well-designed. It also comes with a Batman figurine, which is a plus."
2. Best Entertaining: Fisher-Price Imaginext DC Super Friends Transforming Batcave
Here’s an interactive toy from Fisher-Price, featuring Batman. The toy tries to replicate the Batcave and its mysteries. It comes with mini figures of Batman and the Joker for your child to recreate many action scenes. The Batcave comes to life once your child places the Batman figure on the power pad. The entertaining toy set also comes with other accessories, such as armor, projectiles, and a jail cell, to keep your child entertained for hours. This video demonstrates a reviewer testing and exploring the toy. Check it out to help you make an informed decision about your purchase.
- Batwings open and multi-level platforms expand
- Safe for young children
- Shoots missiles
- Can be used for independent play and group play
- Tiny pieces may pose a choking hazard for young children
- May not be very sturdy
"From the dazzling lights to hidden compartments, the entire set has brought a lot of joy to my son. While the elevator could benefit from upgrades, features such as the launcher have been a magnet for both adults and kids in my family."
3. Best Superhero Set: Hot Wheels Marvel Avengers Assemble
Hot Wheels brings your children’s favorite superheroes in the form of toy cars. This five-pack playset includes super cars inspired by your child’s favorite superheroes, including Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Hulk. Children can recreate some of the action scenes using their imagination. Each superhero character car has authentic details and decor. This vehicle toy set is recommended for children between three and seven years.
- Quality paint and sleek design
- Great collection for Avenger enthusiasts
- Compatible with Hot Wheel tracks
- Makes a fantastic gift for kids
- May be smaller than you expect
"This Avengers-themed Hot Wheels set has become my kids' favorite. It boosts imaginative play. The quality is good, and the designs are true to the characters. I am quite impressed with the durability, but the size could be bigger."
4. Best Action Figure: Marvel Avengers Titan Hero Series Hulk
Hulk is one of the powerful superheroes, and this action figure, too, is a real deal. It is 12in tall, with bulky muscles and five-point articulation. This statue toy is recommended for children aged four years and above. If Hulk is your child’s favorite superhero, this action figure might become their best friend to go on many pretend adventures. Watch a reviewer testing the toy in this video.
- No assembly required
- Comes with movable arms, legs, fists, and neck
- Safe for toddlers
- Great gift for kids who like action figures
- Might not hold your child’s attention for long
- Slightly stiff
"Hulk is my daughter's favorite Marvel character, so she was thrilled to receive this figure as a birthday present. Its feet look realistic and have also helped him stay stable on different surfaces. Although larger than expected, it has been surprisingly easy to articulate."
5. Best For Storytelling: Playskool Heroes Super Hero Jungle Squad
Your child can embark on several imaginative jungle adventures with these superhero action figures. This pack from the trusted brand Playskool includes figurines of Captain America, Iron Man, Ant-Man, Marvel’s Falcon, Black Panther, and Hawkeye. They come with poseable arms, making them perfect for storytelling sessions. You can also use them as props. Recommended for children aged between three and seven, these action figures could spark your child’s creativity.
- Figurines have poseable arms and legs
- Good toy for imaginative play
- Thick and sturdy
- Equally appealing to both little girls and boys
- May be smaller than one expects
- Figurine heads may not be stable
"My kids were drawn to these Playskool figures. They are durable and aptly sized to fit in little hands. I love that they stimulate imaginative play. Overall, I would recommend this for durability and design."
6. Best For Role Play: Disney Infinity Marvel Super Heroes 2.0
This superhero toy set allows children to take up roles of more than 20 marvel superheroes and solve mysteries, puzzles, and save the world from the destruction of the villains. It comes in standard, Toy Box, and Collector’s editions and is compatible with Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii U, Playstation 3, 4, and Xbox One. This pack of toys for superhero fans includes figurines of Iron Man, Black Widow, and Thor.
- Figures play true to their characters
- Provides several hours of entertainment
- Cool graphics
- Entertaining dialogues
- Good gift for boys and girls
- May take time to load
- Might be a little difficult for young children to understand
"This superhero toy is a hit in our house. It is a delightful blend of ingenuity and excitement with lovable characters. The quality is outstanding, and the gameplay is a lot of fun. However, occasionally, some problems cause hiccups and slow loading times. Overall, it's pretty great."
7. Best Flexible: NJ Croce Justice League Bendable Boxed Set
This set includes the beloved superheroes from the Justice League, including Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Superman, and Batman. Each figure is five inches tall and made of PVC. The flexible and poseable arms and legs promote imaginative storytelling and creative development. These toys for collectors are recommended for children aged three years and above.
- Good size for young children
- Figurines are washable
- No assembly required
- Capes are tough
- May not be sturdy
- Paint may chip
"The figure's durable yet bendy nature has survived quite a bit of rough play and storytelling sessions. Although the paint job could have been better, the size and functionality compensate for that drawback. Overall, my kids are thoroughly charmed by this action figure collection."
8. Best For Boosting Creativity: Lego Duplo Super Hero Lab
Looking for a way to spend some quality time with your child? This Lego set inspired by Iron Man’s laboratory might serve the purpose. It consists of Lego blocks and accessories such as a moving crane, spinning turntable, wrench, and control panel, which you can use to construct the laboratory. It also includes Iron Man, Spider-Man, and Captain America figurines.
- Improves children’s imagination and creativity
- Aids with problem-solving skills and cognitive development
- Colorful and easy-to-hold pieces
- Safe for toddlers
- Some might find the pieces a little bit dull
- May not be easy for young children to put together
"This LEGO set has been a fun addition to my kids' toy collection. Even though it is fun to build, building all structures at a time can be tricky. They are robust, colorful, easy for tiny hands to assemble, and encourage independent play. Therefore, I would recommend this one."
9. Best Compatible: Lego DC Super Hero Girls High School
With this Lego set, your child can build the high school for superheroes from the animated show DC SuperHero Girls. Your children can have endless fun playing with the three-level building with classrooms and a café. The set also transforms into defense mode with disc shooters and contains figures of Supergirl, Poison Ivy, and Lena Luthor and their respective weapons. This toy set for girls and boys is also compatible with other original Lego sets.
- Has 712 pieces for hours of play
- Contains a cool ramp
- Good-looking set for display
- Cool toy set for pretend-play
- Younger children might need help in setting up the pieces
- Tower may not be sturdy enough
"I really enjoy building this set with my daughter. Although the pieces can be challenging to organize, the satisfaction once the model is done makes it worth it. My child loves the detailing and colors. It looks great displayed in her room."
10. Best For Curious Kids: Marvel Super Hero Mashers Venom Figure
Are your children quite creative and inquisitive? If yes, this masher toy set is just what they need to keep exploring their creativity. This masher toy of Venom comes with detachable arms and legs and is customizable with other masher toys. The toy set for boys and girls also contains a rocket launcher.
- Poseable figurines
- One can mix and match the toys in different ways
- Helps improve imagination and creativity
- Durable and well built
- Tiny parts can pose a choking hazard
- May be slightly bulky
"My kids love this figure. They love to swap the parts to create a new villain. However, be cautious of detachable parts, which can easily get lost. Even though it sparks creativity, I had to be careful as the parts may cause a choking hazard. Overall, a fun purchase."
11. Best Customizable: Star Wars Hero Mashers Rebels Garazeb Orrelios
If your children are Star Wars fans, then this figure could be a good addition to their action figure collection. It has nine-point articulation and is compatible with other Star Wars masher toys. The figure is six inches tall and comes with accessories to be customized with other masher toys. It is recommended for children aged four years and above.
- Break-and-make toy
- Helps develop creativity
- Keeps children engaged for hours
- Great addition to your child’s Star Wars figurine collection
- Small parts can pose a choking hazard
- Little children might need help from parents to disassemble and assemble the set
"My kids can spend hours rearranging this Star Wars figure’s parts and integrating it with other sets. It has helped enhance their creativity and facilitated imaginative play like no other toy."
12. Best Star Wars Toy: Star Wars Hero Mashers Episode VI C-3PO
This is yet another mashers toy featuring the adorable protocol robot from Star Wars. The figurine has nine-point articulation and is compatible with other Star Wars mashers. Like other mashers toys, this also comes with an accessory. It is six inches tall and is recommended for children aged above three years. When combined with other mashers toys, your children can have hours of entertainment with this.
- Pieces work well together
- Provides hours of entertainment
- Great toy set for pretend play
- Good detailing
- Snapping together the pieces might be a little difficult for younger kids
- Small parts can pose a choking hazard
"Being a huge Star Wars fan, I quickly got this figure for my little one. Although a bit challenging to assemble, the interchangeable parts allow him to think innovatively. Plus, I love that it doubles as a collectible."
13. Best Mix And Match: Marvel Hasbro Super Hero Mashers Battle Mash Collection
If you or your child is a Marvel fan, this pack of five can be a suitable addition to their action figure collection. Each action figure measures six inches, and the set includes some famous characters–Iron Man, Black Panther, Captain America, Hulk, and Thanos. This set of toys for kids contains 40 buildable pieces and five accessories that you can mix and match to create these five action figures.
- Detachable head and limbs
- Compatible with other Marvel Superhero Mashers figures
- Suitable for children aged four years and above
- Small parts may pose a choking hazard
- Connectors may become loose at times
"The toy set stands out for its durability and design. My children are thrilled with the interchangeable parts, even with slight accuracy concerns. I am happy that it keeps my children occupied with creative play."
Why Trust MomJunction?
To keep your little one entertained while helping them develop their creativity, our writer and reviewer Priti Bose has compiled a list of the best superhero toys. She specializes in reviewing kids’ toys and has used her years of experience to bring you this list with detailed descriptions of each toy. She has analyzed multiple reliable sources and customer reviews and has included a buying guide to help you make the right decision.
Children tend to have a huge craze for superheroes thanks to the intense action sequences, colorful outfits, or fancy gadgets. If you are looking for ways to make them happy by buying them the best superhero toys and kindling their love for their favorite characters, you might have to go through a long list of characters that range from Marvel to DC, heroes to villains. To make your search simpler, we bring you toys that are not only safe and fun to play with, but those that can keep children engaged and entertained. Our favorites include the Fisher-Price Imaginext DC Super Friends Batcopter, which encourages pretend play, and the highly entertaining Fisher-Price Imaginext DC Super Friends Transforming Batcave. Similarly, the Hot Wheels Marvel Avengers Assemble with realistic detailing can also be a good pick.
Infographic: Is Playing With Superhero Toys Beneficial For Children?
Playing with superhero-themed toys can make children feel like they are in control of their world. You can use superhero toys to teach essential life skills to help them reach their developmental milestones. Follow the infographic below to learn about the benefits of superhero play.
- The Molecular Marvels of Hulk and She-Hulk
- Best Toddler Step Stool
- Best Baby Food Storage Containers
- Best Probiotics for Kids
- Best Diaper Caddies
- Best Army Toys For Kids