Whether you are an amateur or a pro table tennis player, you will require a good bat to get the best performance. Owning the best table tennis bat (also called a racket or paddle) can determine your chances of winning or losing the game. You cannot enjoy the game without a high-quality bat.
With innumerable options available in the market, you may find it difficult to pick one suitable for you. Here is our list of the best table tennis bats in India and a buying guide to make selecting one easier.
Different Types Of Table Tennis Bats
There are two types of table tennis bats, depending on the mode of play.
- For a defensive game: It uses a defensive racket that doesnot allow you to put a spin on the ball but lets you reverse the spin concurred by your opponent. For example, if your opponent gives you a backspin, you can hit back with a topspin by playing with a defense racket. Two types of bats are used in defensive games:
- Anti-spin defensive racket: They have a smooth surface that doesnot let you put a spin over a ball. With an anti-spin racquet, you can be exposed to an attack mode.
- Long pips: They have thinner pips that alter each shot, thus surprising your opponent.
- For attacking game: Pips-out and inverted are the most used bats for an offensive game.
- Inverted racket: The rubber coating is inverted and has minor inward pips. It generates a smooth surface and surges your control over the ball.
- Pips-out:The pips point outwards and help you hit the ball harder. The bat has a firm grip over the ball, helping you generate strong shots over the opponent.
11 Best Table Tennis Bats In India
Manufactured with verified imported and Indian components, this table tennis racket is lightweight and causes no strain on the arm during your plays. It provides flawless strikes and is durable. Whether you are a beginner or an intermediate player, this bat provides the needed balance.
- Long and ergonomic handles for a comfortable play
- Provides smooth control for a topspin
- Suitable for offensive modes
- Offers good speed, spin, and control
- Quality of the case might not be good
If you are an advanced player who frequently participates in competitions, this high-quality Palio Tennis Racquet is what you need. It has hard rubber covers for a firm grip. The accurate design of the bat will provide good speed, spin, and control during the play. Made of two carbon fiber layers and five piles of hardwood, this bat serves you long.
- Can be used by beginner and intermediate players
- Ergonomic handle
- Helps learn basic strokes
- Durable quality bat
- Includes a cover for easy storing and carrying
- May require some time to get familiar with its speed
The Stag 2-star Bat is suitable for playing controlled shots and offers good spin and speed. The lightweight design and the concave-shaped handle make it highly convenient for beginners to start their table tennis journey.
- Flared handle offers a firm grip
- Available in international standard sizes
- Highly flexible for better power
- Balanced design
- Rubber on the handle may wear-off overtime
- Not suitable at a professional level
Built for beginner-level players, this Butterfly Table Tennis Racket is one of the best bats. It is made of five plies of wood to increase the power of the paddle and durability. The racket is lightweight and has a good balance ofspeed, spin, and control.
- ITTF approved
- Can be used by professional and intermediate players
- Available in three models
- Wakaba rubber handle provides good spin
- Handle may be relatively small
The Donic Table Tennis Bat comes with an adjustable balance point and a durable carbon-fiber handle. Its ergonomicshape is easy to grasp and offers a firm grip even after a long play duration. The QRC (Quick Rubber Change) rubber on the paddle provides good speed and spin, which is an essential feature that most professional table tennis players look for in the bat.
- Rubber on the paddle can be changed
- Suitable for players of different levels
- Twist-resistant handle
- Precise and lightweight design
- Might not be suitable for defensive players
For a beginner who is just getting acquainted with the game, this table tennis set will suffice. The set includes two bats, three ping pong balls, and an adjustable net. Its high-quality and durable bat has an ergonomic handle with rubbers for a firm grip. The standard paddle design allows smooth strokes without much effort needed for a beginner player.
- Retractable table tennis net for portability
- Lightweight racquet puts less strain on arms
- Helps in easy maneuvering of wrists
- Requires no assembly
- Bats may not be durable
If your child is interested in table tennis, this kid-friendly, lightweight tennis racquet would be a great start. The good-quality plastic bat is safe and prevents little hands from injuries. Even with its plastic built, this bat offers good bounce sufficient for a kid to practice persistent stokes.
- Well-designed handle for good grip
- Easy to carry
- Includes two table tennis bats and two ping pong balls
- Ideal toy for kids
- Mixed reviews on durability
The Infinite Hot-Shot Tennis Racket provides you with good speed, spin, and control while playing. Built from strong plywood, the Infinite paddle offers great maneuverability for offensive and aggressive shots. Certified by TTFI, this is a champion-level table tennis bat.
- Durable wooden handle
- Lightweight design
- Offers reasonable spin
- Gives sturdy grip
- Handle may be relatively small
The Artengo Table Tennis Bat comes in a standard size. It is light in weight and is suitable for beginner and intermediate players. With its simplistic design, it provides good speed, spin, and control.
- Both sides of paddle offer good offensive and defensive shots
- Rubber on paddle offers precise ball control
- Thin sponge beneath the rubber paddle limits propulsion
- Long-lasting material
- Rubber on paddle may wear-off overtime
This table tennis bat has sturdy wood construction with a lightweight design that offers stability over the shots. Its flared handle design offers a firm and effortless grip on the bat. The lightweight design makes it easy to maneuver until they master speed, spin, and control over the strokes.
- Offers great precision over the shots
- Wood and rubber paddle offers strength to the shots
- Durable material
- Suitable for beginner and intermediate players
- May not provide the needed spin
- Handle may be relatively short
The Stiga Racquet comes with unique features that can help any level player improve their game. It has a thick paddle with two layers of rubber, making the racket shockproof. It offers a great balance and is suitable for professional and intermediate players.
- Offers a good combination of spin and speed
- Shock dispersion technology helps in faster moves
- Flexible and lightweight design
- Suitable for beginners too
- Handle is relatively short
How To Choose The Right Table Tennis Bat?
Here are some points to consider while buying a table tennis bat.
- Playing style:It helps you determine the type of paddle suitable for you. As a beginner, you need a bat that offers little spin as you are still on your way to learn the tricks. If you are an advanced or an intermediate player, you might be already comfortable with a form of grip (shakehand or penhold) or be in the offensive or defensive end.
- Power: The higher the control, the less energy the paddle absorbs from the ball and helps you with a powerful comeback. It is determined by the hardness of the material used in the manufacturing of the blade and handle. A high-powered paddle is suitable for offensive players.
- Control: It is determined by the thickness of padding, quality of rubber, and the direction of pips on the rubber. Outward pips and foam sandwiched between rubber sheets provide more control of the ball at the spin cost. A higher control is a favorable factor for defensive players.
- Spin:It depends on the quality of the rubber used. Inward pips allow a high spin as the external surface is smoother, allowing you to manipulate the ball better.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why is a table tennis racket red and black?
According to the international rules, the red and black sides on the paddle help players distinguish the type of rubber used by the opponent mid-play.
2. Is it allowed to touch the table tennis table?
No. A player cannot touch the table with the non-paddle hand, whereas the paddle hand can touch the table. If the table moves during the game, the opponent receives a point.
3. Is there a difference between table tennis and ping pong?
Yes, there is a minor difference. In table tennis, only the server has to hit the table, and, in ping pong, every shot by both players must hit the table on both sides of the net.
We hope that our list of the best table tennis bats in India helps you understand the features to look for in a racquet. Choose a bat as per your style of playing and increase your chances of winning the next game.