A tablet is a handheld computing device with a touchscreen. It is smaller than standard laptops but larger than smartphones, making it portable and useful for many tasks.Like your personal computer, a tablet can be used to work, play games, browse the internet, read books, magazines,or newspapers.
More recently, tablets have emerged as the most popular devices for children to attend online classes during the pandemic-induced lockdown, which lead to the shutdown of schools.
This post list some of the best tablets in India and a buying guide to help you pick the best one for yourself or your children.
9 Best Tablets in India
The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1is one of the best tablets you can buy in India. Its 32GB internal memory is expandable up to 512GB, providing excellent storage capacity. You can expect high-quality images as the tablet comes with a resolution of 1920X1200 pixels. It is powered by a 6000mAh lithium-ion battery and comes with a primary camera of 8MP and a front-facing camera of 5MP.
Screen size: 10.1in
OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- Ensures effortless multitasking
- Dual Dolby 3D Atmos surround for excellent sound output
- Comes with a powerful battery
- Easy to pair with other devices
- Google Play may not work
- Front camera may not be effective
Equipped with an A10 Fusion chip, Apple iPad 10.2in 32GB iPad comes with a retina display and Touch ID fingerprint sensor. With a resolution of 2160 x 1620 pixels and an effective pixel density of 264 PPI, the tablet from Apple can be one of the best you can buy. It has an 8MP back camera and 1.2MP Face Time HD front camera.
Screen size: 10.2in
- Exceptional brightness and colors
- Scratch-resistant coating protects the screen
- Strong sound output
- Supports multitasking
- Has a battery life of up to 10 hours
- May not have the option of expanding memory
With 1920X1200 resolution and full HD display, the tablet from Huawei can be a good pick for students. It comes with a powerful Octa-Core processor and expandable memory of up to 256GB with a MicroSD card. An appealing feature of the tablet is that it protects sensitive eyes from the harmful effects of screen exposure. It comes with a 5100mAh battery,promising long playtime with eye-comfort modes for children.
Screen size: 10.1in
OS: Android 8 Oreo
- Dual stereo speakers provide excellent sound output
- Offers protection to eyes
- Has a run time of up to 11 hours
- Lightweight and durable
- Allows smooth and seamless multitasking
- Accessing Google services may not be possible
- May take longer than usual to charge
Lenovo Tab M10 HD is an impressive tablet powered by a 4850mAh lithium-ion battery. The device is one of the best in the market as it comes with a 32GB internal memory that is expandable up to 256GB. The tablet promises a fine resolution of 1280X800 pixels and excellent performance with an effective 2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 429 Quad Core processor.
Screen size: 10.1in
OS: Android Pie
- Has a special parental control mode for
- Comes with dual front-facing speakers for better sound
- Can unlock with face recognition
- Comes with eye protection
- Battery lasts longer
- May only support SD cards
The tablet sports a stylish look in its metal and glass construction. The device is slim and light in weight but works pretty fast. It comes with an S-Pen for a good drawing experience. Its 7040mAh lithium-ion battery, 2.3GHz Exynos9611 Octa Core processor,64GB internal memory expandable up to 1TB, and 2000X1200 pixel resolution make it a powerful device for everyday use.
Screen size: 10.4in
OS: Android 10
- Dual speakers deliver powerful 3D sound
- Seamlessly syncs with Galaxy Smartphones
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Battery lasts up to 8-9 hours
- Delivers eye-catchy visuals
- May not come with an LED flash for the rear camera
6. Honor Pad 5
Powered by 51100mAh lithium-polymer battery and equipped with an 8MP back camera and 8MP front camera, the tablet can be one of the best buys in India. The tablet has a Kirin 710 Octa Core processor with 64GD ROM that is expandable up to 512GB. It is a 4G LTE, voice calling device with a resolution of 1920X1200 pixel.
Screen size: 8in
- Comes with Dolby Atmos sound
- Has dedicated children-friendly content
- Offers smooth experience for gaming
- Equipped with protection for eyes
- Simple to use
- Metallic body with finished edges
- May not offer SIM support
With 32GB internal memory expandable up to 512GB, this is one of the best tablets in India. The tablet has an 8MP primary camera with an LED flash and a 5MP front camera. Equipped with the convenience of dual SIMs and a powerful 5100mAh battery, the tablet from Panasonic is a dependable device with an HD+ resolution.
Screen size: 8in
OS: Android Pie v9.0
- Has a clean interface
- Comes with dual VoLTE feature
- Handy design
- Comes with a sturdy back cover
- Camera may be a little grainy
The tablet PC comes with a built-in Wi-Fi and a powerful 65-bit Quad Core processor. It has 32GB storage, expandable up to 256GB, and a strong battery of 8000mAh that delivers a power-packed performance. Its full HD IPS screen technology adds on to the display.
Screen size: 11.6in
OS: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Slim and easy to carry design
- Supports leading 4G SIM cards
- Long-lasting battery
- Provides high-quality images
- Performance may not be as promised
A tablet with a Quad Core processor and 16GB internal memory that is expandable up to 128GB, Swipe Slate 2 makes a perfect choice for students. It comes with a 500mAh battery and 1280X720 pixel resolution. The 8MP primary camera and 5MP front camera are added features of the gadget.
Screen size: 10.1in
OS: Android Pie 9.0
- Has long-lasting battery
- Makes a good choice for gaming, reading, and watching videos
- Has the required features for online meetings
- Has a decent speed
- May not have a clear sound
How To Choose The Best Tablets?
Here is a comprehensive buying guide to help you pick the best tablet with impressive features.
- Operating system: Android, iOS, and Windows are the three operating systems that support tablets in India. Android is the most popular and user-friendly choice, while iOS is available only with Apple devices, and Windows has limited reach.
- Screen size: The screen size for tablets start from seven inches. Smaller sizes are easy to carry, whereas bigger sizes offer better gaming and reading experience.
- Display resolution: Resolution is important for the sharpness and clarity of images. The higher the resolution, the better will be the picture quality.
- Processor: The overall functioning of a tablet depends on the processor. Opting for a multi-core processor will empower your device for better performance.
- Storage: Starting from 4GB, tablets can have internal storage up to 128GB. Some tablets come with convenience to expand storage. Depending upon your requirement, you can decide on the storage.
- Camera: Primary and front cameras must be considered while buying a tablet. Always look into the megapixels and flash features to know the performance of the camera.
Tablets are vital secondary media devices as they allow us to perform various functions of a personal computer with a comfortable touch. They make versatile gadgets that everyone can use for reading, working, watching videos, and attending online classes. Their user-friendly and compact designs make tablets a favorite for all. Use the curated list shared above to find the best tablet for your home.