Fond of making tarts or planning to try it for the first time. The best tart pans could help greatly in your tart-making process. One of the favorites for children, these can be made either sweet or savory. So if you have got the recipe you need and are confident to go about baking some delicious tarts, it’s time to buy one. Available in different sizes and shapes, you will find a tart pan that fits every need and criteria. However, before buying one, it is also important to keep the size of your oven and fridge in mind. You can have a look at the most popular tart pans compiled here for you to make your work easy. Read on the factors to consider that help you pick the tart pan.
Our Top Picks
11 Best Tart Pans To Buy In 2021
The Fox Run 44513 Removable Bottom Non-Stick Tart and Quiche Pan features excellent heat conduction and offers even baking. This tart pan with removable bottom is made using heavy gauge carbon steel which aids in proper distribution of heat and quick heating of the pan resulting in a perfectly browned tart or quiche crust. Quick food release and easy removal of tart crumbs makes this an ideal choice for tart pans. The diameter of the pan is 9 inches at the bottom and the slides are 1 inch high that let you make a tart that can easily feed a party of 6!
- Includes removable bottom
- Coated with premium non-stick Teflon
- Easy to clean and remove the tart from the pan
- Dishwasher-safe, but recommended to be washed by hand when possible
- Comes with a 5-year warranty
The MontoPack Disposable 5” Aluminum Foil Pie/Tart Pans are perfect for large parties where you wish to serve savory or dessert tarts in personal sizes. These premium mini pie tins made using aluminum tin foil do not fold or bend while baking and offer a durable option despite being disposable. The diameter of the mini-tart pans is 5 inches at the top and the slanted bottom is 3 inches. The size and character of this mini tart pan makes it perfect to create a personal-sized baked treat and not worry about a breakable serving dish at an outdoor party. Each mini tart pan can be stacked on top of each other which provides for easy storage in the kitchen or the garage, and can also be placed in the freezer because of its high durability. The small tart pans come in a pack of 50 and do the job of feeding your entire party without worrying you about doing so many dishes later.
- Portable, durable and recyclable
- Made using 100% heavy duty aluminum
- No washing or cleaning required.
- Disposable and mess-free.
- Great for camping, fundraisers, weddings, birthday parties, picnics, garden party, etc
The Zenker Non-Stick Carbon Steel Flan/Tart Pan with an 11 inch diameter is a non-stick pan perfect for making baked goodies like strawberry shortcakes, fruit tarts or even flans. This tart pan with fixed bottom bakes lovely tarts thanks to uniform heating, while the heavy duty steel results in perfect heat conduction. The height of the tart pan sides is 1.31 inches which is an ideal height for making tart cakes. Hand wash is recommended for this tart pan which helps the tart pan last longer. With a slim design and ideal size, the tart pan can be stored with absolute ease and helps bake tarts that are neither too big or too small!
- Resistant to heat up to 450°F.
- Has a special non-stick coating for easy cleaning and release, PFOA-free
- Comes with a 5-year warranty
The Jamie Oliver Tart Pie Tin is a simple yet stylish utilitarian tart pan with a 10 inch bottom diameter and 1.5-inch high walls. This tart pan with removable bottom offers uniform distribution of heat and is perfect for baking flans, quiches, pies and everything else in between. The removal of the round shape bottom is very simple and gets your tart transferred into a serving dish within seconds. The striking thing about this tart pan is that the nonstick coating is made of durable Quantum II on the interior while the coating on the outside is made of xylan and both do not let food stick to the surface. This tart pan made using heavy-gauge carbon steel in 0.8 mm thickness is one of the best tart pans for beginners.
- Can heat up to 475°F
- Recommended to be washed by hand.
- Does not warp even at high temperatures
- Comes with a Jamie Oliver guarantee of 25 years
- Two layer insulated design does not allow hot spots to be formed by creating air pockets between layers so that heat is distributed evenly.
There is something very charming about serving tarts and quiches in small mini tart pans. They also help in decorating the table thanks to their lovely appearance. The Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Round Tart and Quiche Pans are mini tart pans with removable bottoms which in itself speaks of a product with wonderful design. This set features 6 mini tart pans that measure 4.75 x 0.75 inches, and lets everyone on your table have their own personal quiche or dessert. These mini tart pans also feature fluted edges to form a fluted crust, thereby elevating your table presentation even more, possibly to a professional level. Heavy gauge steel is used in the construction of this baking dish which gives you perfectly even heating for your special tart with a golden brown crust.
- Non-stick steel pans
- Can make tarts that can be served to up to 6 guests
- Removable bottom that supports baked crust and makes serving easy.
The CHEFMADE 9.5-Inch Round Tart Pan with Removable Loose Bottom is a non-stick carbon steel quiche pan which is enhanced with FDA-approved silicone coating of food-grade quality. This Teflon-free tart pan offers excellent baking results and does not need additional cooking oil to be non-stick. As a result of this, baking time is reduced and less energy is consumed to bake large tarts. This tart pan with removable bottom lets you serve it in all its glory so that you can proudly flaunt the fluted crust . It also locks in food nutrients and maintains taste and color of the food. The tart pan feels thick when you hold it and can take heat upto 428°F and can fit in a minimum oven size of 10 x 10 x 5 inches.
- PTFE and PFOA-free
- Easy to clean, does not let any food residue be left behind
- Non-toxic, does not release any harmful substances when heated
- Made using 0.8 mm thick carbon steel that helps accelerate heat evenly
- Does not warp in high temperature thanks to strengthened edge with enhanced and stable traction
The Alotpower Round Fluted Flan Quiche Pan created using high carbon steel comes as a set of 2 pans and is a great starter kit for new bakers. Seasoned bakers love this tart pan with a removable bottom as well as the Teflon coating on the pan that allows the food to slide off very easily. This 9-inch tart pan is suitable for pies, pizzas, cheese, quiches and anything you can possibly think of as long as the ingredients are dry. This tart pan is a great gift for anyone who loves cooking baked treats as it lets you present your pie or tart in the most professional manner.
- Long-lasting and durable
- Oven, microwave, freezer, and dishwasher-safe
- Very easy to clean crumbs from the pan
- Made using heavy gauge steel that lets the pan heat evenly
If you love miniature versions of cooking dishes, you will absolutely adore The Amytalk 12 Packs Egg Tart Mold which are basically mini tart pans. As opposed to aluminum foil mini tart pans; these tiny molds are reusable as a result of which they are more economical in the long run. The non-stick bottom of the tart mold helps get the tart out easily and does not cause any discoloration or paint removal in the pan. Each set includes 12 egg tart molds that measure 2.6 x 0.9 inches in size. If you feel adventurous you can even make tiny puddings or cupcakes in the mini tart pan. The material of the mold is environment-friendly as well as economical and is essential for making mini egg tarts on a very frequent basis.
- Made using 100% food-grade carbon steel
- Oven-proof, can be heated up to 446°F
- Suitable for making mini fruit tarts, meat tarts, egg tarts, and so on.
- Reusable and washable
The Tosnail 2 Pack Rectangular Quiche And Tart Pan with Removable Bottom is a rectangular tart pan that comes as a set of 2. The fluted edges of the tart pan produce tarts and quiches with a lovely appearance with a professional finish. The size of each pan is 14 x 5.75 x 1 inch and the bottom of the tart pan can be lifted up for easy and quick removal. This tart pan with removable bottom makes sure no food particles stick to the pan and cleaning it after use is a breeze. The fact that it comes as a set of 2 allows you to bake 2 tarts on the same day and serve them for a large party without worrying about changing the dishes.
- Made using premium non-stick material
- Constructed with durable steel, does not warp in heat and lasts longer
- Unique shape of the pan produces unique tarts and quiches.
The Sweese Porcelain Tart Pan in a bright red color is made using durable pro-grade porcelain which is a premium ceramic and resists odors, staining, cracking and chipping. This tart pan is also scratch-resistant which makes it an ideal choice for everyday use. The interior of the tart pan is cream in color and is flanked by classic fluted rims that make the tart look like it was baked with love by your grandma! These rims also help the food get released easily, without leaving any residual food behind. The dimensions of the tart pan are 9.5 x 1.8 inches, which means it is deep enough so nothing is spilled over. The tart pan is very cute looking and you won’t feel the need to find another dish to display your tart cakes on the dining table.
- Broiler, freezer, oven and microwave-safe
- Can be washed in dishwasher or simply by hand using hot water and soap
- Retains heat even when it is taken out of the oven
- Non-toxic and lead-free
- Easily stackable
If you wish to bake exquisite tarts the Laxinis World 4” Quiche Pans with Removable Bottom is an ideal choice. Bake bakery style tarts and quiches at home using these non-stick mini tart pans with removable bottoms. The mini tart pans are made of high quality, food-grade carbon steel that does not bend or warp when subjected to high temperatures. The non-toxic, non-stick coating is suited for heavy use and the removable bottoms ensure that professional-looking and neat tarts are displayed on your dining table. The fluted design of the edge makes sure that your tarts do not break or crack and you get to proudly display a chic dessert counter! The top diameter of the mini tart pan is 4 inches and it comes in a set of 6 pieces.
- BPA-free, FDA-approved
- Dishwasher-safe, non-corrosive, and stain-free
- Oven, freezer-safe
- Suitable for residential as well as commercial use
Now that we have seen the 11 best tart pans to buy in 2021, here are a few important points to consider when choosing tart pans.
How To Choose The Best Tart Pans?
If you are buying a tart pan for the first time, you may need to know what to look for and what are the multiple styles they come in. A little information before purchasing a product goes a long way and helps you buy the most suited product for your need, and the same goes for tart pans.
- Size: Tart pans come in multiple sizes. It is best to select a tart pan that can cater to your family size and one that can fit into your oven easily. Smaller tart pans can be used to make individual or one person tarts that also turn out to be very useful and easy to use.
- Removable bottom: Tart pans with a removable bottom are available everywhere. In tart pans where the bottom comes off, the heat cools down faster. This also allows you to present your tart on a decorative platter so you can show off your favorite collectible item to your guests.
- Durability: Just like all items you purchase, tart pans also come with warranty and guarantee. Also be sure to get a tart pan that is durable and strong, and can take high temperatures. The idea is to get a tart pan that will last you for many years to come.
- Thickness: The thickness of the tart pan is a personal choice, so if you know that your oven heats or overheats, or you need to make thin bottomed tarts, get a tart pan that will work in your favor.
- Cleaning: Some tart pans are dishwasher safe while others may not be. It is ideal to get a tart pan that can withstand dishwashers so you do not spend too much time in trying to clean them.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Sakshi John is a skilled and research-driven writer who focuses on household products and kitchenware. She has curated this list of the best tart pans based on user reviews and product features to help you choose the right one according to your requirements. She has also explained how to choose the best tart pans according to your requirements and addressed some common questions about the product. The products have been chosen based on customer feedback to offer an unbiased opinion.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the difference between a tart pan and a quiche pan?
Sometimes round tart pans are also called quiche pans, however quiche pans ideally do not have a removable bottom and are served directly in the pan they were cooked in.
2. Do all tart pans have removable bottoms?
Most of the best tart pans have bottoms that offer easy removal and make cooling and serving your tart a breezy affair.
Tarts are delicious desserts enjoyed by people of all ages. While it is easy to devour and relish a tart, it is challenging to prepare the perfect one to say the least. However, with the help of the best tart pans, you can make scrumptious tarts with a buttery and crisp bottom and shallow or sloped sides. Given the countless options in the market, ensure your tart pan comes with a removable bottom as it helps the tart cool down faster. Besides, ensure it is easy to clean, dishwasher-safe, and made of food-grade material.
- Best Camping Utensils
- Best Anti-Colic Bottles
- Stainless Steel Water Bottle
- Best Silicone Cooking Utensils