Water is the most critical commodity in our lives. Since we use water for cooking, drinking, and watering plants, it is vital to determine its quality. Water contains several electrolytes and minerals. A TDS meter allows you to check whether electrolytes and minerals are within the permissible limits.
The TDS tester enables you to measure the water quality to ensure that the drinking water is potable and contains an appropriate amount of nutrients. Based on various functions, versatility, longevity, and ease of use, we have listed some of India’s best TDS meters for you to make the right choice.
11 Best TDS Meters In India
Nexqua digital TDS meter tester is mainly used to test the water quality of RO water purifiers. It is suitable for households, laboratories and ideal for testing the pH balance of drinking water, aquariums, and pools. The TDS meter can accurately measure the PPM to determine the quality of the liquid.
- Accuracy: 0.01
- Operating temperature: 0-80°C
- Portable and battery-powered
- Colour: Yellow and off-white
- Material: Plastic
- Warranty: Applicable on manufacturing defects
- Calibration: Two points automatic calibration
- Dimension: 153x29x16mm
- Weight: 60g
HM digital AP-1 Aqua Pro water quality tester (TDS) can help you determine when to replace the water filter and ensure that the TDS is within the limit. This handheld TDS meter has a stylish design, easy to operate, and has automatic temperature compensation (ATC), effectively measuring TDS and temperature.
- Auto-off function
- Low battery indicator
- Water-resistant housing
- Large display with easy-to-read LCD screen
- Requires one lithium metal battery
- Weight: 90.7g
- Dimensions: 15 x 1.3 x 2.8cm
Uniavo water testing tool can help you determine the correct water quality to measure drinking water’s safety limits. It helps to measure the TDS, temperature, and electrical conductivity (EC) of the water. Just immerse the TDS meter in one inch of water, and you can get the reading immediately.
- Auto-off function after five minutes of non-use
- One-year warranty
- Color: White
- Weight: 50g
- Automatic temperature compensation (ATC)
- Big backlit LCD
- Battery: One lithium-ion battery required
- Accuracy: ±2%
- Dimensions: 6.37×1.14×0.59”
Digital TDS meter tester can measure TDS, temperature, and PPM. It can determine the pH drop to indicate any change in drinking water purity and comes with a carry case. The tester has a ‘hold’ function and a built-in thermometer operated by the temperature button.
- Item weight: 70g
- Battery: Requires two 1.5V button cells included in the package
- Comes with a user manual and a leather case
The Parijata water tester can help detect the TDS levels and the electrical conductivity in the water. The TDS meter can also determine the temperature to provide an accurate reading of nutrients in water and hydroponics. Immerse the meter in water up to 4cm to measure the reading immediately.
- Dual color backlight
- Temperature compensation accurate to 0.1
- Auto-lock feature
- One-touch function
- Auto shuts after two minutes
- Degrees: 0.1 -99.0°C
- Accuracy: ±2% F.S
- Battery: 2×1.5V button cells included
- Weight: 10g
- Product dimensions: 3.1×2.3×15.5cm
The digital water tester can effectively measure TDS, EC, and temperature efficiently to help you determine water quality and purity. The tester has a resolution of 1ppm and four different modes to measure all parameters using the ‘shift’ button.
- Accuracy: ± 2%
- Temperature: 0.1- 80°C
- Weight: 64g
- Dimensions: 16x4x3cm
The digital TDS meter measures the TDS and temperature in your water to determine water quality. This household device helps you keep your water pure and healthy by immersing it in one inch of water to get an instant, accurate reading.
- Auto-shut after five minutes of non-use
- Dimensions: 3.01×4.6×17.05cm
- Weight: 80 grams
The digital LCD TDS meter allows you to check the water quality at home. You have to merely dip the tester in water up to the permissible limit to measure a range of 0-999ppm TDS. The meter comes with a carry pouch and a protective cap, maintaining the meter for a long time.
- Auto-off function after ten minutes of inactivity
- Efficient and accurate
- Battery: 2*1.5V
- Easy to use
- Weight: 130g
The Glun TDS meter is the ideal household tool that can efficiently and instantly measure the TDS in water. It determines the TDS in the range of 0-999ppm range to help you assess water quality or any liquid. Immerse the tester up to 4cm in the liquid to determine its TDS level.
- Accuracy: +/- 2%
- Battery: 2*LR44 (included)
- Package dimensions: 17.4×6.9x2cm
- Weight: 50g
10. Yuv’S TDS Meter
The digital TDS meter allows you to measure temperature and TDS using the same meter. The tester unit can help determine the water quality and temperature. The TDS meter is designed with a sensitive probe that can accurately display the reading immediately after immersing the meter in water.
- Battery: 2* 1.5V coin cells
- Package dimensions: 15.8×3.8×3.8cm
- Weight: 80g
- Ideal for testing RO water
- Comes with a protective cover
- Numerical stability
- Easy to replace
- High capacity
The Mycica TDS water quality tester comes with a carrying case and quickly determines the TDS of your water by immersing it in the liquid. It can also help determine the water temperature by changing the mode of the meter. The reading is displayed on the LCD screen of the tester.
- Color: Gray
- Material: Plastic
- Package dimensions: 15.8×5.2x4cm
- Weight: 60g
How To Choose The Right TDS Meter In India?
Below are a few points to consider before buying the right TDS meter.
- Pre-calibrated: The pre-calibrated TDS meters are more comfortable to operate and reduce the hassle of calibrating them to obtain accurate readings.
- Battery: The automatic shutdown function or battery-saving mechanism in the TDS meter can help it last longer, making it cost-effective.
- Technology: Technology plays a vital role in providing you with accurate results. The latest microprocessor technology can provide accurate results by considering the salt present in the water.
- Suitable for the purpose: You must determine the purpose of buying the TDS meter to look for the tester’s useful features.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the difference between TDS and PPM?
TDS stands for ‘Total Dissolved Solids,’ which is a parameter used to measure water impurities. The unit for measurement of TDS is PPM (Parts Per Million).
2. How to calibrate the TDS meter?
Distilled water has 0 ppm, which may be an ideal medium for calibrating TDS meters.
3. What is the safe TDS level for water?
The recommended limit of TDS level in water or any liquid is 300mg/L. The WHO believes that TDS higher than 1200mg/L is not consumable.
With the best TDS meters by your side, you can ensure that every sip of water you consume is of good quality. These innovative devices are designed to measure water quality accurately and let users know if the water contains an appropriate amount of electrolytes, nutrients, and minerals. But before choosing the ideal product, ensure it is a pre-calibrated TDS meter for accurate readings, comes with an automatic shutdown function for long-lasting use, and has the latest microprocessor technology embedded in it, which helps achieve reliable performance.