Tea tree oil, native to Australia, is a versatile product popular in the skincare industry. It has strong antifungal, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, making it safe to treat acne, minor cuts, bumps, redness, dryness, etc. Tea tree oils are available in 100% neat or concentrated form. It can irritate the skin, so you have to dilute it before use. Diluted tea tree oil is also available, ranging from 5 to 50%.
Here, we have listed some of the best tea tree oils available in the market.
11 Best Tea Tree Oils
Suitable for all skin types, this foot and body wash contains pure tea tree oil. It can treat nail fungus, yeast, ringworm, athlete’s foot, jock itch, and acne on the body. This product is also suitable for lice prevention. It is available in a 266ml bottle and is formulated with a blend of 100% natural and pure essential oils, including camphor, rosemary, oregano, and eucalyptus.
- Formulated to combat odor from sweat glands
- Keeps the fungus at bay
- Can fight dry, burning, flaky, and itchy scalp
- Treats psoriasis, sensitive skin, and eczema
- Some might develop allergies
- Has no scent
Organic tea tree oil from the Handcraft store comes in a 120ml amber glass bottle and has a glass dropper that eases its usage. You can blend it with clove, rosemary, lemon, neroli, bergamot, or rose oils. This oil is extracted from an Australian tea tree and has healing properties.
- Works as an antibiotic
- Equipped with disinfecting properties
- Can be used for aromatherapy
- Versatile and can be used with cold-pressed soaps too
- Cannot be used to make lip oils, gloss, and balms
- Gives a peculiar smell
The concentrated tea tree oil is known for its antimicrobial activity and can fight against allergic skin reactions. It is free from synthetic ingredients and contains extracts of fruits, seeds, roots, leaves, and stems. The product is a safe and natural alternative to artificial and toxic aerosol sprays.
- Made from steam distillation of twigs and leaves
- Melts away tension and stress
- Vegan and not tested on animals
- Can be used in diffusers to breathe clean and fresh air
- Fragrance might go rancid
- Might not be effective for acne treatment
- May cause skin irritation
Extracted from an organic tea tree, you can use this original tea tree oil with most skincare products. You can blend it with shampoos, soaps, body washes, and aromatherapy. The essential oil is effective in treating acne, lice, and nails. This tea tree oil is available in a 120ml blue glass bottle and is packed with a dropper.
- Ideal for skin tags and blemish-prone skin
- Can also be used for household freshness
- Has no fillers, synthetics, and additives
- Can be diluted with a carrier oil for various uses
- Might burn the skin
- Product has a strange odor
Specifically for adults with acne-prone skin, this 100% pure tea tree oil is steam distilled in Australia. It is one of the best tree oils for acne. The tea tree treatment from this oil will leave you fresh with hints of mint and spice. Undiluted and strong, this tea tree product includes a dropper that will help you easily use it. It is available in a 120ml glass bottle, and you can use it for hair care, skincare, and other cleaning recipes.
- Vegan and is not tested on animals
- Can be used in a diffuser
- You can dilute it with vinegar and water to make a powerful household spray cleaner
- Has a strange smell
- Watery consistency
- Might cause breakouts on the face
Tea tree body oil from Artnaturals is available in a 118ml glass bottle. It is pure and is of therapeutic-grade quality. It makes skin clear, and you can use it as a diffuser during the cold and flu season. This topical tea tree oil will work well with any carrier oil or any bath and body products.
- Can be used with various anti-acne skincare products
- Fights against allergic skin reactions
- Enhances the antibacterial activity
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Might burn the sensitive areas, such as lips and face
- Might give a peculiar smell
- Has a very thin, watery consistency
The Naturenics concentrated tea tree oil is suitable for acne-prone skin and will leave you with improved skin. It is made from quality tea trees and helps fight against psoriasis, athlete’s foot and will strengthen the toenails. You can make your soap, shampoo, conditioner, and face wash with this product. It is 100% pure and will help treat other skin issues, such as cracked feet, facial oiliness, and a healthy scalp.
- Highly-concentrated formula
- Free from parabens and sulfates
- Suitable for children
- Formulated to give you shiny hair
- Might give a weird smell
- Might not help remove scars
Available in a 30ml bottle along with a dropper, this tea tree brand offers a concentrated product. It is ideal for ingrown hair, dandruff, razor bumps, skin tag removal, etc. The tea tree oil will soothe inflammation and helps relieve pain. This product can blend easily with any carrier oil to increase the antibacterial activity. It also helps combat respiratory issues, such as cold, cough, and flu.
- Can be used to detoxify and disinfect the body
- Can be used as body massage oils
- Does not contain any additives or fillers
- Steam distilled oil
- Has a peculiar aroma
- Might burn the skin
- Has a runny consistency
Tea tree products from Nexon Botanics are suitable for all skin types and come in a 30ml glass bottle. It is therapeutic-grade, and a few drops can fill your home or office with a refreshing aroma. You can use the diluted tea tree oil to make body wash, conditioner, and tea tree face wash. It will soothe your dry skin and help prevent redness, itchy skin, and irritation.
- Ideal choice for athletes foot
- Not tested on animals
- 100% pure and GMO-free
- Suitable for skin and hair
- Has a terrible smell
Available in a 53ml bottle, this pure tea tree oil solution is suitable for all skin types and will help combat skin irritation. It helps fight acne, cracked feet, dry hands, bumps, and redness. The natural astringent is combined with vitamin E to improve your skin’s look. You can infuse it with witch hazel to instantly treat the blemish-prone skin.
- Paraben-free and not tested on animals
- Can help fight maskne
- Replenishes skin with moisture
- Penetrates deep into the pores for extra hydration
- Has a greasy texture
- Might cause acne or blemishes
Hollywood Beauty tea tree oil is available in a 236ml bottle. It has medicinal properties, especially anti-fungal properties. The oil incorporates vitamin E and aloe vera for intense hydration and moisture. The product is suitable for all skin and hair types. You can use the diluted oil for aromatherapy and various skincare products to increase its antibacterial activity. It also works for nail treatment.
- Can be left overnight on the skin
- Helps combat pimples and acne
- Improves your skin glow and keeps scalp free from flakes and dandruff
- Light feel on the skin
- Might give a peculiar smell
- Not a pure tea tree oil as it contains aloe vera, peanuts, and vitamin E
How To Choose The Right Tea Tree Oil?
Here are some factors you should consider while buying tea tree oil.
- Purity: Pick a product that is 100% concentrated. Some manufacturers might mix it with other essential oils for extra benefits, but this can limit the potency and the benefits of organic tea tree oil.
- Concentration: The higher the oil concentration, the more effective it is. Check out for a bottle with a range of 10% to 45%.
- Bottle color: Choose a tea tree oil that comes in a dark-colored bottle to prevent oxidation and reduce potency.
- All-natural: Read the label to know the ingredients. Avoid parabens, sulfates, and GMOs.
- Budget: Do not go with an expensive or branded tea tree oil. Make sure you pick a vegan, pure oil that can fit your budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I use tea tree oil to treat acne?
Dilute the tea tree oil by mixing it with two to three drops of carrier oils, such as almond, coconut, or olive. Gently apply the diluted tea tree oil to the blemishes using a cotton pad. Leave overnight for the best results.
2. Can you ingest tea tree oil for medicinal purposes?
Tea tree oil is toxic and is potentially fatal. It might cause symptoms, such as confusion, muscle weakness, and drowsiness.
Tea tree oil is helpful against various skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. You can add it to shampoos, face washes, soaps, etc., to make your customized product. They eliminate redness, shrink pimples, and work as a relaxing and a cleansing agent. Read the list above to choose the right product.