Tennis elbow is a condition caused by repetitive motions of the wrist and arm, resulting in overloading of tendons in your elbow. It causes discomfort in the elbow for anyone who performs physically challenging activities. Our list of the best tennis elbow braces includes practical options that may help keep away the focus of tension in one place and provide temporary relief by applying pressure on the muscles. It also helps encourage blood flow into the spot where the pain persists and reduces inflammation. If you are puzzled about the multiple options and different types of tennis elbow braces available, we have reviewed some highly rated and tested ones to help you. Read on to learn more.
11 Best Tennis Elbow Braces
1.Best Ergonomic Design: Bodyprox Elbow Braces For Elbow Pain Relief
Whether you are into sports, like golf or tennis, or any physical activity that involves stress on your elbow joints, you may use this durable pair of strap style braces for pain relief. Made using a blend of nylon, spandex, EVA, and SBR for better breathability, this lightweight elbow brace comes in a set of two. It doubles as an elbow brace for golfers’ elbow and helps provide relief by targeting the pain in your muscles and tendons caused by repetitive motions. The tried-and-tested elbow pain relief brace is known for its ergonomic design and is made with silicone gel to offer much-needed support and compression to make you feel better and provide relief from outer elbow pain.
- High-density foam
- Velcro straps for adjustable fit
- Unrestricted movement
- Relieves pain associated with tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow
- Might be a little bulky for some people
- Might not be wide enough
2. Best Adjustable Strap:Senteq Elbow Brace Compression Band
This relief brace compression band comes with a blend of breathable fabric, elastic neoprene, and inner gel that may help reduce inflammation on your elbows, making it ideal for tennis players. It has a wide adjustable strap that helps offer dual-layer compression for stimulating smooth blood flow to reduce the chances of inflammation. The tennis elbow band also comes with a one-year warranty for easy replacement. Before testing this, make sure that the skin is clean and dry to prevent irritation and rashes.
- Hook-and-loop closure
- Pressure-adjusting buckle
- Nicely stitched
- Dual-layer, high-performance design for added protection
- Inner pad might not be thick enough
- Might be a little uncomfortable to bend elbow if adjusted too tight
3.Best Unisex: Simien Tennis Elbow Brace With Compression Pad
Simien’s elbow brace comes with a complementary sweat wristband and an e-book titled “Addressing Tennis Elbow Pain”, offering detailed insight into treating tennis elbow pain and other instructions. The braces measure 7.87×3.94×0.98 inches and weigh 0.05 pounds. With a generous mix of neoprene, nylon, and compression gel, this brace is built to last, reducing the chances of damage due to wear and tear. It is versatile, unisex, and it fits both the left and right forearm, making it suitable for sports like basketball and weightlifting.
- Relieves elbow hyperextension
- Stays securely in place
- Wide design
- Comfortable and durable
- Might be a little bulky for smaller arms
- Velcro might snag on clothes sometimes
4.Best Comfort: Zofore Sport Tennis Elbow Brace
Zofore Sport’s elbow brace offers optimal compression by conforming to the shape of your arm and giving you necessary support and optimal comfort while you play. It is equipped with adjustable hook-and-loop straps to fit most arms comfortably. Measuring 1.38×4.72x 6.3 inches and weighing 0.2 pounds, this brace offers enough compression due to its neoprene construction. Compared to most elbow braces, this neoprene elbow brace is trusted by many reviewers as it is less bulky and will help you move freely.
- Versatile and soft
- Stays firmly in place
- Provides even pressure
- Plastic loop might be a little uncomfortable
- Velcro might snag on clothes sometimes
5. Best For Tennis:PlayActive Tennis Elbow Brace
If you have tennis elbow or tendonitis, this elbow brace can be suitable. It comes in a set of two, with some extra adjustable small-medium and medium-large straps for variable support, an instruction manual, and a digital e-guide that will give you an insight into how to use the braces along with managing the elbow pains. The elbow tendonitis brace is equipped with compression pads and is made by fusing neoprene and nylon for seamless stretching to fit your arms, making it popular among tennis players. It is suitable for various sports like tennis, badminton, and volleyball, and different activities that are physically challenging.
- Relieves elbow hyperextension
- Moisture-wicking fabric
- Double hook and loop fastener straps
- Accommodates forearms up to 15 inches
- Might have a slight odor initially
- Might not be wide enough for some people
6.Best Durable: SS Sleeve Stars Tennis Elbow Brace
This brace offers targeted compression and is made from latex-free and high-quality materials. Made of premium-quality spandex, nylon, and polyester, this elbow stabilizer brace is durable and does not restrict movement. Its three-length straps help improve blood circulation and are easy to put on. Suitable for both men and women, it is FDA-approved and comes with sweat-absorbent and anti-odor technology. Whether you have tennis elbow, golf elbow, or even arthritis, this safety-tested brace is the perfect solution for protecting the tendons and preventing excess strain.
- Lightweight and breathable
- Double stitching
- Comes with three sizes of support straps
- Available in eight colors
- Might feel a little warm if worn for long
- Might stretch a bit
7. Best Non-Slip:Reamphy Elbow Brace
Comfortable and practical, this elbow brace from Reamphy is made from supportive and non-slip nylon and neoprene fabric that comes with two metal splints and three adjustable unisex velcros suitable for both left and right hands. The tennis elbow splint is designed to target pain and strain in your elbow joints caused by physically demanding activities like fishing and sports like football, basketball, baseball, and ice hockey. The elbow sleeve stays intact around the clock, even when you sleep.
- Elastic support with knitted design
- Removable splints
- Promotes local circulation at the elbow
- Breathable and high-quality material
- Might have a slight odor initially
- Might not be suitable for bulky arms
8. Best To Counterforce Pain:Sparthos Tennis Elbow Brace
Sparthos’ elbow brace offers pain relief and reduces the chances of injuries, including tennis elbow, tendonitis, and counterforce pain. It works by redirecting the stress and pain away from the damaged tissues and preventing further damage. Made using high-quality padding and gel compression, it is a set of two counterforce braces with durable velcro for an adjustable and snug fit, keeping your arms safe. Suitable for basketball, weightlifting, golf, and more, this gel-pad tennis elbow brace helps you lift heavy weights without hurting your muscles and tendons.
- Stays securely in place
- Easy to put on and off
- Ideal fit for 7-15 inches forearms
- Easy to wash
- Durable material
- Straps might be a little short for some people
- Might feel a little warm if worn for longer duration
9.Best Customizable Fit: Ace Custom Fit Elbow Strap
The elbow strap from Ace may help relieve golf or tennis elbow pain. It comes with a hook-and-loop closure that you can adjust for a customizable fit. This tried-and-tested elbow brace with gel pad offers optimal comfort, and the dial helps maintain the required steady pressure without the need for adjusting the entire strap. Before buying this, measure the maximum circumference around the forearm below the elbow to check if this brace suits you. The forearm brace measures 2.25×3.75×5.25 inches, weighs 0.13 pounds, and can fit up to 14 inches.
- Targeted pressure
- Smooth edges
- Not bulky
- Plastic bottom might be a little uncomfortable
- Velcro might not be strong enough
10.Best Skin-Friendly: Pacearth Tennis Elbow Brace
Pacearth’s elbow braces come in packs of two to help target both arms without hassle. They are crafted from durable, skin-friendly, and high-quality materials to prevent sweating and itchiness. Each brace consists of compression arm straps for a comfortable fit and comes with a nylon hook-and-loop closure. The arm brace for tennis elbow also comes with an EVA compression pad to reduce swelling or twinges associated with elbow joint pain due to vigorous arm movements. Available in three colors, this set can help you while exercising. It can also assist in a speedy recovery.
- Stainless steel buckle
- Breathable fabric
- Comes with four adjustable straps
- Velcro might not hold tight enough for some people
- Might stretch a bit after after regular washing
11.Best Lightweight: Mueller Sports Medicine HG80 Premium Tennis Elbow Support
This tennis elbow brace comes with targeted compression for your forearms and helps reduce pain or discomfort. It uses HydraCinn fabric, which is lightweight, and comes with a soft-feel gel pad. This strap can fit between 11 to 15 inches around the elbow. Moreover, its straps are adjustable and easy to wear, diverting the stress away from the tendons, making it an effective solution for relieving pain. To maintain this elbow support compression brace for a prolonged period, wash it using cold water and mild detergent. However, we do not recommend dry-cleaning or ironing it.
- Non-slip design
- Latex-free and anti-fungal
- Protects against tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow
- Velcro might snag on fabric sometimes
- Might stretch a bit after regular washing
How To Choose The Right Tennis Elbow Braces?
Consider the following factors when choosing the right tennis elbow brace.
1. Material: Choose elbow braces made of fabrics like nylon, spandex, and neoprene. Test the material before using the product. You might want to pick one that is durable, easily stretchable, breathable, and moisture-wicking to prevent sweat and irritation.
2. Sizing: Choose adjustable elbow braces to accommodate the different types, ages, and sizes of elbows. We recommend braces with straps as its adjustable design can accommodate your arm to suit your comfort. You might want to pick one that fits both arms and has a unisex design, as such braces are more versatile in fitting different people’s needs.
3. Support: Ensure the brace has gel-like compression pads and smooth bands to help relieve the pain and divert the stress from the tendons.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How should I correctly measure my arm for a tennis elbow brace?
Tennis elbow braces usually come in small, medium, and large sizes. To pick one that suits your arm, measure your forearm below your elbow. Check the size specifications provided by the manufacturer to ensure it suits your needs. However, a fit test may help you determine if a tennis elbow brace fits you well without restricting your movement.
2. Can I use a tennis elbow brace when playing other sports?
Yes, tennis elbow braces are versatile and work well with sports that require frequent usage of your forearm muscles and involve repetitive actions. So whether it is tennis, basketball, weightlifting, or other strenuous activities, an elbow brace for repetitive strain injury can help relieve the pain and stress. However, before using it consult a certified expert.
3. Can I use hot and cold inserts when playing sports?
Using hot and cold inserts depends upon your needs as both help relieve pain but work in specific situations. You may pick a cold insert to reduce inflammation and a hot insert to improve blood circulation.
4. Is an elbow sleeve better than a tennis elbow brace?
As compared to sleeves, tennis elbow braces facilitate more mobility while providing targeted support due to their limited coverage. Plus, braces help apply constant and steady pressure on the elbows.
5. Do braces work for tennis elbow?
Braces provide instant relief from the pain caused by tennis elbow or lateral epicondylalgia and can be used as an initial therapeutic step to tackle tennis elbow (1).
6. Does tennis elbow ever go away?
Tennis elbow takes a minimum of six months or two years to fully recover. It takes about a year in most cases (2).
7. Should I wear my tennis elbow strap all the time?
Yes, a tennis elbow strap or brace should be worn throughout the day, especially while performing physical activities and not just during playtime (3).
Why Trust MomJunction?
Sristi Suman is an experienced writer interested in reviewing sports and adventure products. She relies on extensive research and detailed analyses for creating articles with authentic information. This article consists of the best tennis elbow braces with the necessary details and benefits of each product. Sristi has considered several user reviews across multiple websites to offer you an unbiased opinion. Moreover, she has also included a helpful buying guide to help you pick one that suits your requirements.
Whether you are a fitness enthusiast or are involved in physically challenging work, overuse of your arms and elbows will result in pain in your joints. Our list of the best tennis elbow braces includes various practical options to help reduce pain and discomfort. When buying one, don’t forget to consider the strap size to ensure it fits your elbow. Also, check if it is lightweight, adjustable, and offers optimal compression to help you recover from tennis elbow, tendonitis, and other such issues. You may also consult a physiotherapist, healthcare provider, or healthcare professional for the right advice.
Infographic: How To Avoid Tennis Elbow?
If your work or sport involves repetitive wrist movements or causes strain to the arm’s tendons, you may risk developing tennis elbow — a painful and restrictive condition. So, check out the following infographic to learn various measures to avoid it.
- The Immediate Effects Of Orthoses On Pain In People With Lateral Epicondylalgia:
- Treatment: Tennis Elbow
- Using A Tennis Elbow Brace Or Golfers Elbow Brace
- Best Elbow Pads
- Best Tennis Rackets For Kids
- Best Tennis Shoes For Kids
- Best Tennis Bags
- Best Tennis Balls